Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? (1613 Views)

Is It A Sin For Married Couples To Use Condoms? / Man Slams Religious People Who Criticize Women Who Do Plastic Surgery / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Yarduni: 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
Paula white, the prosperity preacher who declared bankruptcy does plastic surgery on her face.
She will be praying for trump at his inauguration.

Seeing her, you would see marks of extensive lip, nose, and jaw jobs.

Is it a grave sin for "pastors" or even christians to engage in cosmetic and plastic surgery?

lalasticlala
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by queenitee(f): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
For real,I dunno
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by spartan117(m): 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
Booked
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by delishpot: 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
Not a sin in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Anas09: 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
Yarduni:
Paula white, the prosperity preacher who declared bankruptcy does plastic surgery on her face.

Is it a grave sin for "pastors" or even christians to engage in cosmetic and plastic surgery?

lalasticlala
How did you know she does plastic surgery pls?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Yarduni: 7:01am On Dec 31, 2016
Anas09:

How did you know she does plastic surgery pls?

You can see it clearly if you know her from years back.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Yarduni: 7:02am On Dec 31, 2016
delishpot:
Not a sin in my opinion

Really. I will like to hear pastors take on this
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 31, 2016
Yarduni:

lalasticlala
Uhmm no. You think God and his angels have wrinkles? undecided

She's a pretty one. cheesy

What's wrong with plastic surgery? Are you from one of those churches that forbid women from braiding their hair?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Anas09: 9:53am On Dec 31, 2016
Yarduni:

You can see it clearly if you know her from years back.
A link that states that pls. I have known her since 2000, she is just a smallish woman with no fat on her skin.

You just speculated by juxtaposing two of her pictures.

The way you guys use your mouths against other people, i doubt if you know that there are consequences for libel, whether before the law here and the law in heaven?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Yarduni: 9:46am On Jan 01, 2017
Anas09:

A link that states that pls. I have known her since 2000, she is just a smallish woman with no fat on her skin.

You just speculated by juxtaposing two of her pictures.

The way you guys use your mouths against other people, i doubt if you know that there are consequences for libel, whether before the law here and the law in heaven?

You are talking too much. It's open info that she did plastic surgery
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Anas09: 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
Yarduni:

You are talking too much. It's open info that she did plastic surgery
Link?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Yarduni: 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2017
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by efficiencie(m): 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
When did glorifying the flesh that will be destroyed at the sound of the last trump become an issue...Besides, you do not own that body! Any adjustments to the source codes of www.nairaland.com would require the express permission of Seun or the webmaster under the permission of Seun. Similarly, any adjustments to your body should be after collecting prior permission from GOD the maker of your body...but nowadays, who cares about GOD, we just go about doing what appears right in our eyes and expect GOD to endorse it...

Dead christianity!
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by skeendyke: 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
I don't see any wrong in what she did but God who sees the motives will judge her accordingly, whether good or bad. The Bible never said enhancing your looks is sinful. It only cautions moderation and warns against the sin of pride (of possession or position).

This is why God is the true Judge. Your actions may not be sinful or bad in themselves but your reason for doing them is what makes you wicked or godly.

Until then judge not......
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by igv2: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
Because people had found pleasure in doing it makes it SIN, people can spend hours on that but silent hour few minute.
"let all things be done decently and in order" 1 Cor 14:40
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by efficiencie(m): 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
skeendyke:
I don't see any wrong in what she did but God who sees the motives will judge her accordingly, whether good or bad. The Bible never said enhancing your looks is sinful. It only cautions moderation and warns against the sin of pride (of possession or position).

This is why God is the true Judge. Your actions may not be sinful or bad in themselves but your reason for doing them is what makes you wicked or godly.

Until then judge not......

What really is sin then? Scriptures say whatever is not of faith is sin and faith is of the spirit and by implication actions determined, dominated, designed, dependent and dominated by fleshly desires are sin...She is not deformed facially and hence her desire for plastic surgery is clearly borne out of the desire to appears appealing to the senses - particularly the sense of sight and that is of the flesh!

Now someone would easily say I am judging, but hey I didnt write the bible and neither did I set the rules...the rules are in the scriptures for all to see. Me telling you that playing with a sharp double edged knife could earn you a deep cut doesnt make me a judge and analogously stating that something is right or wrong based on the standards enshrined in scripture does not make a judge! There is only one judge and that is the person who himself is the scriptures, Jesus Christ!
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Yarduni: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
efficiencie:

What really is sin then? Scriptures say whatever is not of faith is sin and faith is of the spirit and by implication actions determined, dominated, designed, dependent and dominated by fleshly desires are sin...She is not deformed facially and hence her desire for plastic surgery is clearly borne out of the desire to appears appealing to the senses - particularly the sense of sight and that is of the flesh!

Now someone would easily say I am judging, but hey I didnt write the bible and neither did I set the rules...the rules are in the scriptures for all to see. Me telling you that playing with a sharp double edged knife could earn you a deep cut doesnt make me a judge and analogously stating that something is right or wrong based on the standards enshrined in scripture does not make a judge! There is only one judge and that is the person who himself is the scriptures, Jesus Christ!

This age and generation is making the understanding of the bible much more complex. I've been doing some google search on this topic and people are really confused on it as usual
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by skeendyke: 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
efficiencie:

Oh man, when did you become the judge of people's motives? What is that to you if she altered parts of her face so as to look more beautiful?

Remember the Scripture about trying to remove the speck from a brother's eye...
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by efficiencie(m): 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
skeendyke:

Oh man, when did you become the judge of people's motives? What is that to you if she altered parts of her face so as to look more beautiful?

Remember the Scripture about trying to remove the speck from a brother's eye...

I am not judging her motives. Man read my comment! Neither am i attempting to even correct her. I am simply stating what is in the scriptures and if you feel I am judging then take your criticism to the scriptures.

I did not author the scriptures, so take your grouse to the scriptures:

1 Peter 3:3-4

Your beauty should not be an external one, consisting of braided hair or the wearing of gold ornaments and dresses. Instead, it should be the inner disposition of the heart, consisting in the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which God values greatly.

The beauty of a child of God should not be of the flesh but of a pure heart and undefiled spirit. That is why as Christians we are not to know our fellow man after the flesh.

2 Corinthians 5:16

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

The flesh will be given up one day and no matter how much you spend trying to beautify it, the bible calls it corruptible.

1 Corinthians 15:53
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

The bible is packed full with scriptures that tell us to focus more on beautifying the spirit rather than glorifying the flesh. To be fleshly minded is death just as the wages of sin is death.

Romans 8:6

For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Instead of spending hundreds of thousands on a plastic surgery to beautify a face that will see the corruption of death or be transformed on the final day...spend quality time in the presence of God and beautify your spirit man till the glory of God on your spirit man manifests in the outward man, like Moses who spent time with God and absorbed so much to God that his face shone till his death!

I am not judging her or her motives, I am simply stating the scriptures which i did not author...These same words hit even me typing it and tell me to repent of pampering, adoring and glorifying my flesh!
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by petra1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2017
Your look is your responsibility. There's no natural look. If you cut your hair you've tampered with nature. If you comb it self you've tampered with nature . If you eat too much , if you eat too little . If you eat late night ,if you worry too much ,if you don't eat good food , all these will affect how you look . It's your choice .

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Yarduni: 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
petra1:

Your look is your responsibility. There's no natural look. If you cut your hair you've tampered with nature. If you comb it self you've tampered with nature . If you eat too much , if you eat too little . If you eat late night ,if you worry too much ,if you don't eat good food , all these will affect how you look . It's your choice .

All these are far off from plastic surgery
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by petra1(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
Yarduni:

All these are far off from plastic surgery

Ok if someone had accid attack and he does plastic surgery is it a sin.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Yarduni: 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
petra1:

Ok if someone had accid attack and he does plastic surgery is it a sin.

That would be difficult to tell just like Pakistanis telling you that honour killing of disobedient children is not a sin in their eyes. We need some pastor to come explain this.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by petra1(m): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
Yarduni:

That would be difficult to tell just like Pakistanis telling you that honour killing of disobedient children is not a sin in their eyes. We need some pastor to come explain this.

Speak from your perspective. The Bible is not for pastors .its for us all.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by Yarduni: 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
petra1:

Speak from your perspective. The Bible is not for pastors .its for us all.

You have done a better job explaining God's position on plastic surgery. You see no problem in eugenics too right?
Re: Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? by petra1(m): 12:13am On Jan 03, 2017
Yarduni:

You have done a better job explaining God's position on plastic surgery. You see no problem in eugenics too right?

You've not answered the question

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Religion Is Against The Poor And Their Plight / Have You Grasped Grace? - Steve Edwards / Is Using Igbo Wooden Flute (oja) In Traditional Gospel Music Demonic? (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.