Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) (5926 Views)

New Blog: How Do I Get Quality Backlinks Please? BLOGGERS / Pls Which Option Is Better For Blogging / Which Content Management System Is Good For Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Toybreezy: 7:41am On Dec 31, 2016
Happy last day of the year! I have been running a personal blog for the past 2 years now, no pressure I post original articles, articles written by friends and articles of other sites with their permission.
It was all going well until my laptop and phone got spoilt at the same time around July this year. I had no choice but to put blogging on hold. Now I have a new mobile phone. But have been lazy and procastinating on when to continue running my blog. Sometimes I ginger myself to start but I end up stopping halfway a post or believing that new article of mine is not good enough. I'm also discouraged by the fact that after 3 years or so of blogging I'm yet to get a domain name . i still use. . Com

I'm sure there are cobwebs on the blog self

Experience webmasters and. Senior bloggers I'd appreciate any tips and advice that can help me pick up the the pieces and go on to be the fulfilled blogger/writer I have always wanted to be.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Toybreezy: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2016
Still anticipating responses.

Lalasticlala
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Mikeshiangala(m): 7:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
First of all this is normal to happen.

I don't have a laptop and use a small itel phone for everything i do online.

I started a movie blog in 2014 and later abadoned it because i found it to be holding much more pressure than i thought.
I later started another Tech blog of which is still live right now because it's something i love to write about.:

One thing you need to do is find something you can talk about without getting bored...meaning it inspires you.
read many blogs in that niche and connect to other blogs by commenting on their articles.

About the domain name,you can find one at Godaddy with $0.99....i think if you buy a domain,you will always get the urge to write & write.

Your blog should never feel like a task that you are dreading. Blogging should be an enjoyable and inspiring leisure activity, and that love for what you write about will come through in your writing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Toybreezy: 1:15am On Jan 01, 2017
Mikeshiangala:
First of all this is normal to happen.

I don't have a laptop and use a small itel phone for everything i do online.

I started a movie blog in 2014 and later abadoned it because i found it to be holding much more pressure than i thought.
I later started another Tech blog of which is still live right now because it's something i love to write about.:

One thing you need to do is find something you can talk about without getting bored...meaning it inspires you.
read many blogs in that niche and connect to other blogs by commenting on their articles.

About the domain name,you can find one at Godaddy with $0.99....i think if you buy a domain,you will always get the urge to write & write.

Your blog should never feel like a task that you are dreading. Blogging should be an enjoyable and inspiring leisure activity, and that love for what you write about will come through in your writing.

Thank you
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Janetessy(f): 7:29am On Jan 01, 2017
Always write at a convenient and happy moment,don't force yourself to deliver articles, lest you will start seeing blogging as a boring task.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 01, 2017
IF you had passion for it in the first place, you would love doing it. NOTHING to reignite.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Carrottop(m): 7:32am On Jan 01, 2017
Simple thing...just create a time that would be convenient for you , literally set that passion of yours on fire.
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by fearlessigboman(m): 7:33am On Jan 01, 2017
remember the reason why you started it in the first place.
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Ptoocool(m): 7:37am On Jan 01, 2017
"my laptop & phone got spoilt at the same time"

guy, just forgerrit.. Blogging ain't for you, that's what the gods are saying.. JUST QUIT ALREADY!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 01, 2017
Honey ..
You've determined to get this right, why the change of mind ?

The only way to reignite your passion for blogging is to get back to work, be serious once again.

Do away with every bad thoughts in your mind.

Just continue wid blogging asif it's a duty.

' You can't beat the competition by copying the competition '

And also remember : ' Those people that said ' You can't do it , will back come crawling at your feet and they'll ask you ' How did you do it ? "

It's just a matter of time.
Your passion will be turned to profit in no time.

Do away with every distraction my dear and get back to work.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 7:47am On Jan 01, 2017
One thing I learn from blogging is that you have to follow your passion. If you have passion for technology open a blog on tech. Do not join the bad wagon, if u do so, u will jump out of blogging asap. Just like this blog (education helm) is all about educational articles. Find your interest and build up on it.[http://www.educationhelm.com]

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Julius10(m): 7:55am On Jan 01, 2017
Pick a niche.... Do your research .... Save some money and you are good to go. Check out my new blog and learn from it http://www.computersden.com
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Diamondwriter(m): 8:07am On Jan 01, 2017
light matches on top and used fuel, not kerosine o,......... Hapi new year!!!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Aywire(m): 8:09am On Jan 01, 2017
I design or redesign professional websites/forums/blogs etc. You wont get a better or cheaper offer anywhere else. Talk to me on whatsapp 08142174878
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Cchuks27(m): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2017
What do you write on? I need a writer for my blog.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by elderken(m): 8:14am On Jan 01, 2017
1. Passion

2. Passion

3. Passion

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 01, 2017
LoL cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy sad shocked

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 01, 2017
.there is nothing like I WANT TO REIGATE IT you are simply not good at it
your phone and laptop spoiled at the same time. ..hmmm !!
na by force to blog?
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by mediahubng(m): 8:33am On Jan 01, 2017
Http://verge24.com

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Mediapace: 8:37am On Jan 01, 2017
Cchuks27:
Which niche?
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by haggdon: 9:06am On Jan 01, 2017
@OP I have been in the same situation and i encountered so many challenges when i have passion for blogging and all of what you just mentioned are the same reasons i refrained from blogging not that i want but for other things like lack of enough time, and the laptop i am using doesn't have the capacity to hold much charge. I cannot even concentrate on blogging like i did in the past and also i have never monetize it. AdSense keeps on making me feel discouraged, they rejected my application countless times and i felt discouraged. Now, I am doing something better, my advice for you is to buy a domain name, find a good laptop and an android phone. Also schedule time for your online research and content writing. I hope my advice help

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by bamisepeters(m): 9:14am On Jan 01, 2017
Just believe in yourself and everything will fall to shape. Domain name shouldn't be an excuse, i am blogging seriously and people are still Visiting despite the fact that my domain name expired. It is in the content and not the name. Just get back the drive, please don't copy and paste, be original and with time you will be known for your unique niche. http//bamisepeters..com

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Preciousojoka(m): 10:09am On Jan 01, 2017
Dedication, hardwork, be ready to spend, be ready to help people

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by n12345: 10:11am On Jan 01, 2017
Lemme advice you bro.

Quit Blogging, there are so many blogs with your niche.

Use your talent for other things and don't waste your time blogging

1 Like

Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Toybreezy: 10:53am On Jan 01, 2017
lady2lady:
Honey ..
You've determined to get this right, why the change of mind ?

The only way to reignite your passion for blogging is to get back to work, be serious once again.

Do away with every bad thoughts in your mind.

Just continue wid blogging asif it's a duty.

' You can't beat the competition by copying the competition '

And also remember : ' Those people that said ' You can't do it , will back come crawling at your feet and they'll ask you ' How did you do it ? "

It's just a matter of time.
Your passion will be turned to profit in no time.

Do away with every distraction my dear and get back to work.

This really helped, thanks.
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Toybreezy: 10:56am On Jan 01, 2017
Cchuks27:

I'm versatile. I can write anything provided I conduct research.
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by pauljumbo: 11:01am On Jan 01, 2017
Blog only what you have passion for
Think longtime and join relevant groups and forums of what you blog about
you always get get reminders and questions for you to write about

Toybreezy:
Happy last day of the year! I have been running a personal blog for the past 2 years now, no pressure I post original articles, articles written by friends and articles of other sites with their permission.
It was all going well until my laptop and phone got spoilt at the same time around July this year. I had no choice but to put blogging on hold. Now I have a new mobile phone. But have been lazy and procastinating on when to continue running my blog. Sometimes I ginger myself to start but I end up stopping halfway a post or believing that new article of mine is not good enough. I'm also discouraged by the fact that after 3 years or so of blogging I'm yet to get a domain name . i still use. . Com

Experience webmasters and. Senior bloggers I'd appreciate any tips and advice that can help me pick up the the pieces and go on to be the fulfilled blogger/writer I have always wanted to be.
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Jaytecq(m): 11:53am On Jan 01, 2017
commitment
Re: I Want To Revive My Blog. (how can I Reignite My Passion For Blogging) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
Toybreezy:

..write any negative thing about MMM

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Buy 2 Get 1 FREE. Premium Themes And Plugins NOW 1k / Cheapest Domain Names: Netfirms? Godaddy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.