Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,555 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. (1629 Views)

Boyfriend Put Girlfriend Pictures In A Bottle. The Lady Cries Out / Pre-wedding Pictures In Jehovah's Witnesses Style...love Story / Man Appears To Drown In A Swimming Pool As Sexy Ladies Take Pictures In Bikinis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2016
I always wonder by the fleeting of time how we keep pretending NOT TO SEE CLEARLY as a community of our collective HUMANITY where we are heading IN THIS SO CALLED 'MODERN WORLD' of buying and selling ILLUSIONS artistically created.

Can't we SEE how we keep DROWNING ourselves in the MIRE OF SELF-DECEPTION? A race in pursuit of a FAKE LIFE...........almost NOBODY is REAL anymore!?

We are so occupied and so busy with TRIVIALITIES ignoring the ESSENCE and almost all SIGNIFICANCE of LIFE.

The SIGNIFICANCE with all due respect and of course is:

* MARRIAGE!!! and eventually FAMILY!!! 

We expend our ENERGIES, our RESOURCES, our TIME, our AFFECTION into TRIVIALITIES.....

What an era of HYPERBOLE called "PRE-WEDDING PICTURES.

*Hyperbole means exagggeration. 

While its not an EXAGGERATION that most MARRIAGES this days are not working, DIVORCE RATE is so high and ALARMING.

Definately not because of "PRE-WEDDING PICTURES" but because the ESSENCE which is 'MARRIAGE' is infact not being TREASURED and taken SERIOUSLY as much as PRE-WEDDING AND THE VERY WEDDING DAY ACTIVITIES are being taken as if they are the END itself.

My point is this really,

A lot of couples are just MANAGING to be together in MATRIMONY in this DIGITAL AGE OF SO MUCH FANTASY. They are mostly holding hands in DISHARMONY and what an IRONY when you flash back to these couples PRE-WEDDING PICTURES and WEDDING DAY PICTURES and begin to wonder.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE 'SMILES' THAT 'HAPPINESS' SO MUCH EXPRESSED BY BOTH? WAS IT ALL FAKE? 

I need not illustrate this TRUTH with a bar chart records of a scientific survey of divorce rate in 'NIGERIA'. Its so perceptive that, THE STENCH OF HIGH RATE OF DIVORCE IS STINKING EVERYWHERE. Its pathetic that we are not learning to avoid the MISTAKES of the AMERICANS and EUROPEANS who mostly see no DIGNITY in MARRIAGE and FAMILY anymore due to their culture of OPEN CARNALITY.

And while we keep following them into this SNAKE'S hole of CARNAL CULTURE and infact jumping into this hole with all confidence because we MOSTLY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE GOOD IN OUR OWN CULTURES.

Only to be biten fatally, dangerously. Has not that MORALITY and MODESTY in our cultures not being replaced by IMMORALITIES and IMMODESTY by the fleeting of time the ways of so called 'MODERN WORLD'.

As our collective humanity, a 'global village' that the world has become. Its seen as 'CIV ILIZATION' to channel ones HEARTS towards 'SHOW OFF', a PRETENTIOUS LIVING.

In REALITY when you place the STATISTICS of DIVORCE RATE side by side with this fashion of PRE-WEDDING PICTURES which we are so fond of GLORIFYING. A show off mostly on the internet. The side by side REALITY of DIVORCE RATE is amazingly an UNFASHIONABLE picture.

IT IS AS IF THE ESSENCE OF MARRIAGE TODAY IS AN EVENTUAL DIVORCE, WHICH ARE HAPPENING SO, SO FAST. WEEKS AND FEW MONTHS AFTER WEDDING.

What a generation full of S-H-I-T!!!

And what a design by defaulters, merchants of CONSUMERISM. The CAPITALIST CULTURE aided by the MEDIA, which keeps cultivating our minds to never be CONTENT with WHO WE ARE and WHAT LITTLE WE HAVE.

Always looking for MORE and MORE ways...........to exploiting us at the very DETRIMENT of our HUMANITY. We are never SATISFIED anymore because our hearts have been cultivated to be UNGRATEFUL by actually not weeding out INGRATITUDE from our HEARTS but actually DELIBRATELY planting MORE OF THIS DISEASE, INGRATITUDE. Hence, we are living in a WORLD where GENUINE HAPPINESS is so RARE because we want to be somebody else and not our TRUE SELF. Ain't you UNIQUE enough to CELEBERATE YOURSELF and not looking up to being like a CELEBRITY? There is only ONE type of YOU that exist and will ever exist. You should be proud to be YOU. The results of wanting to be SOMEONE ELSE, is one of the factors CAGING our HUMANITY in this state of DEPRESSION and SADNESS.

Our ways of life today is a culture represented by the old saying " YOU ARE WHAT YOU WEAR". Instead of the old and WISE saying "DO NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER"

MARRIAGES keep failing because its mostly built on SUPPERFACIALITIES and DISHONESTY not on SUBSTANCE, not on HONESTY. The DIVORCE RATE keeps crumbling our humanity, tearing the fabrics of UNITY which MARRIAGE stands to GUARD in the bond of LOVE. Giving birth to BROKEN HOMES.

What we see today all over the inter-net, are PRE-WEDDING PICTURES that DAZZELS. An allurement in a chosen world of comforting ILLUSIONS as we continue to sink DEEPER in the mire of SELF-DECEPTION. Pretending not to notice the alarming rate of DIVORCE. 

Are people without UNDERSTANDING anymore that MARRIAGE is a life time commitment, which should involve people of OPPOSITE SEX, giving their life, their time, their feelings GENUINELY towards one another because they want to spend the rest of their lives together in the bond of TRANQUILITY and AFFECTION and above all being MERCIFUL to one another by OVERLOOKING FAULTS, for we are not perfect, but couples should always be working as a team towards PERFECTION in CONNUBIAL BLISS?

The criticism in the past used to be the culture of  SENSELESS investment in the WEDDING CEREMONIES, while not investing in the MENTAL ATTITUDE AND EMOTIONAL GROWTH, the SIGNIFICANCE which makes the seeds of those one time 'SMILES' and 'HAPPINESS' expressed in 'PRE-WEDDING PICTURES and on WEDDING DAY PICTURES to FLOURISH in eventual MATRIMONY.

Today's 'SHOWOFF' is the GLAMOUR is Pre-wedding pictures. We are so comfortable in this ILLUSIONS that we become 'MAD' at the photographer if he or she did not smoothen our faces with the Photoshop software as if by doing so, it will remove the pimples we have on our faces in real life.

After the whole drama of pre-wedding pictures of a COMFORTING ILLUSION, the knot is tied on wedding day.

Then, MARRIAGE, the REALIES in the REAL WORLD of course and like the pimples which didn't appear in our wedding pictures starts to manifest though it has always been there.

The once 'SUPERMEN' who even did dressed in Superman costume in their PRE-WEDDING PICTURE before marriage mostly do turn out to be VAMPIRES, while they ANGELS, (those holier than thou ladies) mostly turn out as DEVILS who have been MASQURADING as SAINTS.

Yet the writing has always been on the wall. But since we choose SUPPERFACIALITIES over SUBSTANCE. We end up banging our heads against the wall in dismay and regrets after marriage, leading to the eventually collapse of the wall bond of matrimony since their is no harmony. Its being a FAKE LIFE.

Sometimes one of the two couples may truely be HONEST and coming into the MARRIAGE BOND with all SINCERE FEELINGS with an OPEN and LOVING HEART while the other INTENTIONALLY came in with a baggage full of their past B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T hoping to dump it at them. And then pack their baggage of B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T and move else where because they were never SINCERE in the first place.

WE ARE LOSING OUR HUMANITY EVERYDAY BECAUSE OUR PRIORITIES ARE SO OUT OF COMMON SENSE.

Families don't stand uprightly any more because the foundations were built on FANTASIES and SUPPERFACIALITIES even worst, on DISHONESTY .

We have so lost that SOLACE, that HAPPINESS which MARRIAGE should bring, is so lost. HETEROSEXUAL MARRIAGES keeps failing again and again, enabling supporters of SAME SEX MARRIAGE to use this OBVIOUS FAILURE as one of their excuses for promoting SAME SEX MARRIAGE as a means to 'CONNUBIAL BLISS' the say ' SAME SEX MARRIAGE IS HAPPINESS IN ITSELF'.

But I say "the picture I see is truely a SAD one". 

What a world of comforting ILLUSIONS.

I wish every newly wedded a truely CONNUBIAL bliss.

6 Likes

Re: The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by spartan117(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2016
Booked
Re: The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2016
This man likes to talk In lengthy.

Anyways,

Good job

1 Like

Re: The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by Doctorfitz: 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
cool
Re: The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by AideeSheks(m): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2016
This is truly the bitter pill to swallow in this society of ours. I agree with a lot the Op mentioned in his write-up. This "showoff" culture is growing by the day and this just shows the problem social media has brought cus it's exposing the "follow the crowd" mentality of our people.
I love your statement though "Drowning ourselves in the mire of self-deception". Couldn't have said it any better

2 Likes

Re: The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by nanaman(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
Op, don't take life too serious. Leave everybody to live his/her life the way they want. Its none of your biz.

1 Like

Re: The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2016
nanaman:
Op, don't take life too serious. Leave everybody to live his/her life the way they want. Its none of your biz.

nanaman Sir! So can you then KINDLY tell the whole wide world how my own choice of the way i choose to live my own life your "BIZ"!?

Does "EVERYBODY" means "EVERYBODY" as you have suggested in your advice. "LEAVE EVERBODY TO LIVE HIS/HER LIFE THE WAY THEY WANT"

If "EVERYBODY" means "EVERYBODY".

I am asking you, nanaman what then is it your "BIZ" if i "CHOOSE" to "TAKE LIFE TOO SERIOUSLY".

Shouldnt you have followed your own advice?

Let me repeat your own advice for you to think over and CAREFULLY.

"LEAVE EVERYBODY TO LIVE HIS/HER LIFE THE WAY THEY WANT".

Ponder over your own advice really and then reflect if you have not taken they way i have chosen to live my life your BIZ..

2 Likes

Re: The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by sleamzy06(m): 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
booked!
Re: The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by lincsnuel: 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2018
Nice
Re: The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by Apina(m): 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2018
Though I'm not a fan of this particular act, but there's what's called cultural dynamism. We might not agree with the proponents of it but calling it an illusion is to say whatever that has come to be outside Adam and Eve roaming nake.ed is also an illusion undecided
Re: The HYPERBOLE Called PRE-WEDDING PICTURES In Our World Of Comforting Illusions. by chucs: 11:31pm On Oct 13, 2018
What a lengthy writeup. Tried reading it all but mehn,i'm too busy. I have already gotten the gist of the story, 'pre-wedding pics'. Yes I dont like it,some of them look fake to me. What is it with checking out butts,doggy style pose etc. It really look childish but hey,whatever floats your boat.

(1) (Reply)

God Has Delivered Me From My Boss / Nairalanders Please Your Advices Is Needed / Help Needed Asap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.