Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (12904 Views)

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? / What Does The Future Hold?....should The Wedding Be Cancelled? / Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by frozennose: 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2009
Oftentimes i heard couples argue about the church they should wed in and this has caused so many problems leading to family disagreements and total annulment of the marriage plan.

please good people!

Whose church should the wedding be held in?

(Man's church or the Woman's church)

let the truth be told for once
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by amebono1: 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
the womans church, but diff strokes for dif folks
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Bokoharam: 2:34pm On Nov 20, 2009
!amebo no1:

the womans church, but diff strokes for dif folks

A TABOO IN IGBOLAND. SO IF U R A YORUBA GIRL MARRYING AN IGBO MAN, GET READY FOR FAMILY FITE. IN FACT, THE MAN'S FAMILY IN EXTREME CASE WON'T COME 4 D WEDDING.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by jaybee3(m): 2:35pm On Nov 20, 2009
jeez, people worry about this 2? shocked shocked
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by amebono1: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
Bokoharam:

A TABOO IN IGBOLAND. SO IF U R A YORUBA GIRL MARRYING AN IGBO MAN, GET READY FOR FAMILY FITE. IN FACT, THE MAN'S FAMILY IN EXTREME CASE WON'T COME 4 D WEDDING.

which part of igbo land do you come from?anambra?

cos i know 99.9% of the igbo men do it in the womans church, which obviously looks like the right thing, cos he is planning to take her away

you are marrying the woman , why do you go to her parents house for the bride price, why isnt it done at your place

3 Likes

Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by platinumnk(f): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
huh.

i was told the tradional wedding at the womans place, church wedding at the mans church undecided

3 Likes

Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by amebono1: 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2009
plat are you from anambra
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by cantell(m): 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2009
@Amebo no1,
Which part of Igboland? Pls i need to know. If you're talking of "my mama say i be igbo" guys, that one no follow. A real igboman will never go to his wife's church for their wedding.
Na im wife dey marry am? Hia! no talk that one again oo.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by amebono1: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2009
a lot of anambarians believe its the guys church, if the wife no dey marry am why him dey come the girl house to pay dowry

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by cantell(m): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2009
@amebo,
Going to the wife's house to pay the dowry is a tradition. Its the way its done anywhere in Igboland. I don't even have to tell you that if you're really a nwafo.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by amebono1: 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2009
its not about being a nwafo, is it not part of marrying, tradition or not, is it not part of marriage, i know alot of people that do the wedding in the girls church after that she starts her husband church, the man is marrying her
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by cantell(m): 3:13pm On Nov 20, 2009
@amebo,
Those guys are "my mama say i be Igbo"
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by echobee(f): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2009
the wife's church
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by platinumnk(f): 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
!amebo no1:

plat are you from anambra

no im from imo state.

The reason why I said this because I  was engaged and me and my fiance discussed this over and over and he is also from Imo state.

We would do the traditional wedding at my place, and do the church wedding at his church.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by jaybee3(m): 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2009
^^^^
was ?
why na
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2009
The man see the snake and kill am
The woman see the snake and kill am.
Who cares who kill the snake?
All that matters is that the snake is dead and that none is injured.

So in this case, as long as both couple that are marrying could agree on one, that is all that matters
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by lexandra(f): 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2009
The bride's church because you owe her parents this respect and you are coming to take her.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
lexandra:

The bride's church because you owe her parents this respect and you are coming to take her.

Isnt the wedding btw the man and the woman?
So if the parents of the woman no care, why do we make a big deal out of it?
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by ubiaa5(f): 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2009
mostly the wifes church,but not in all cases.
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2009
ubiaa5:

mostly the wifes church,but not in all cases.

I love that response
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by vanitty: 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2009
The lady ofcourse
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 5:19pm On Nov 20, 2009
vanitty:

The lady ofcourse

What section of the law book dictates this?

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by vanitty: 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2009
They are the unwritten laws.
The bride's family is paying for the wedding and reception so obviously they might want to do it in their church
Besides ain't you asking her to marry you? so why should the wedding be done in your church?
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by coolier(f): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2009
Bride's family. They are the one giving their daughter away.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2009
vanitty:

They are the unwritten laws.
The bride's family is paying for the wedding and reception so obviously they might want to do it in their church
Besides ain't you asking her to marry you? so why should the wedding be done in your church?

You mean the wife's family will pay for the wedding?
Be serious jare . . . . .are u for real?

4 Likes

Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by vanitty: 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2009
lol that is the tradition, the little little you contribute is just a gift but it is actually the bride's family that is meant to pay for the wedding
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2009
vanitty:

lol that is the tradition, the little little you contribute is just a gift but it is actually the bride's family that is meant to pay for the wedding

So how come men are not marrying then, if na the woman family go take care of the bill for the wedding?
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by vanitty: 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2009
This summer my diary was so busy, - everyone is marrying o, the ones that are not married are probably not yet ready to take on the responsibilities been married entails not necessary because of the wedding ceremony
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 8:32pm On Nov 20, 2009
vanitty:

This summer my diary was so busy, - everyone is marrying o, the ones that are not married are probably not yet ready to take on the responsibilities been married entails not necessary because of the wedding ceremony

Are you the lady in the movie "28 Dresses" or how come your diary is full?
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by vanitty: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
Lol i am not o
You guys excuse that you can't avoid the wedding doesn't hold anymore, stop shirking away from your responsibilities, and if you are at that age go and marry grin . . there is no point in bein 30 years old, still wearing hoody and going to clubs shouting bruv bruv . agba ti de
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by Fhemmmy: 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2009
vanitty:

Lol i am not o
You guys excuse that you can't avoid the wedding doesn't hold anymore, stop shirking away from your responsibilities, and if you are at that age go and marry grin . . there is no point in bein 30 years old, still wearing hoody and going to clubs shouting bruv bruv . agba ti de

hahahahahahahaha
Nice one there.
But it is not about age, sometimes, it is the space
Re: Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? by cantell(m): 9:10pm On Nov 20, 2009
@Vanitty,
Are you sure you're a Nigerian? because we're talking of Naija couples here. Pls tell me the parents of a bride that would sponsor a wedding(not traditional wedding) and i would gladly marry their daughter. In a few years time it'll be inevitable, so i'd like to marry now and get it over with.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Conversation Between The Wife And A Side Chic / Dealing With A Child's Destructive Behaviour? / Ever Worn The Same Dress With A Stranger To An Event?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.