Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. (2895 Views)

How To Identify Fake Samsung Chargers (photos) / How To Identify Fake Tecno , Infinix And Itel Smartphones / How To Identify An Original Power Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
If you are in Nigeria, you would notice that they are a lot of fake phone accessories in the market, in this post I would explain to you how you can test to identify an original charger meant for your phone.

I have been a victim of wasting lots of money on so-called original charger, it's either the charger is very slow, or it ends up spoiling within few days of using it, identifying an original charger is not difficult at all once you have the right knowledge and application on your phone.

First of all, to identify original charger for your smartphone, you need to know the right charging specifications for your device, we are only going to focus on output specifications, because that's what charges your phone, it's usually written on the charger that came with the phone. Most smartphones use 5V/1-2A Output charger. The 5V means 5 volts, it is the driving force of the current entering your phone from the charger, while the 1A or 2A represents the Amperes, it's the rate at which electric charges are flowing out of the charger. So the larger the amperes, the faster the charging ability of the charger, but please do not increase the original charging amperes of your phone by more than 20%.

The easiest way to spoil your phone is to use a charger with higher voltage than the charging voltage allowed by your phone. If your phone is 5v, and you use 9v, it would spoil your phone immediately. It's like throwing food at a dog more than it can swallow at a time. This happens when you do not know how to identify original charger for your smartphone.

If your phone charging amperes is say, 1.5A, using 2A won't cause any damage, as long as the voltage is correct, but using 3A is overkill and could also damage your phone with time. Also this means you do not know how to identify original charger for your smartphone.

Now how do we know that the output written on the charger is correct?

Luckily there is a component of Android OS that measures the current entering the phone, and there is an application on Google play store that measures the current entering the phone. The application is called "Ampere" and can be downloaded free of charge. Download and install the application on your smartphone, once you get to the market to get a new charger, open the application and start testing the charger with it. This application would enable you to identify original charger for your smartphone.

This application called ampere would show you the charging current(ampere) entering your phone after 10seconds and it would continue to calculate it with time. If your phone battery capacity is between 1800mAh to 3000mAh the charging current for it would usually be between 800mA to 920mA, that means the charger is potentially good for your phone, but if after a minute or two of measuring the charging current, ampere detect that it drops to 650mA, it's either the charger is not so good for your phone or your phone battery life has reduced (that is, your phone battery capacity has reduced).

If you battery capacity is from 3000mAh to 6000mAh, the charging current for it would usually be above 1100mA to about 2300mA. If that is what ampere is measuring, then you are good to go, but if it's less than that, the charger is either not good for your phone or your phone battery capacity has reduced. Now that we know how to identify original charger for your smartphone, let's move on.

Please Note: It is very important that you set the right measurement method and measurement interface of the ampere application, so that the right measurements are being taken by the application. If you notice that the measured current is abnormally low, change the settings of the ampere application until you start getting the measurements described above.

Additional tip, most original chargers are usually sturdy in shape and a bit heavier than fake charger, you can use that to guide you too.

There are some chargers that usually spark every time you plug them in, those are bad chargers, to know if it sparks, leave your phone plugged in and insert the charger into the power supply, if it sparks it means the charger is bad, if it doesn't spark, then the charger is good,this method is just to test the electrical resistance of the charger to see if it can withstand sudden electrical surge, normally you aren't meant to leave your charger plugged into your phone while inserting the charger in the power source. This again helps us to know how to identify original charger for your smartphone.

SOURCE: http://probingdeep.com.ng/wp/2017/01/01/how-identify-original-charger-smartphone/

cc lalasticlala, seun
Re: How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 01, 2017
Re: How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. by ademasta(m): 7:20pm On Jan 01, 2017
Charger... good
Re: How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. by seunlayi(m): 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2017
I have posted this about a year ago. Ampere is an app you must have when shopping for chargers or USB cables. Op, which charger ss is that with over 2300+
Re: How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. by daphid25(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
People wey go buy fake go still buy shocked
Re: How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
I just tested my charger.. the thing just drop to 350mA.. original 5v 2a wey I just buy last year
battery capacity: 4000mah
Re: How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. by kayzat: 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
840 mA after 5mins .
Re: How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
Dexter247:
I just tested my charger.. the thing just drop to 350mA.. original 5v 2a wey I just buy last year
battery capacity: 4000mah

Bro its either the charger is bad or your phone battery life is reducing, depends on how old the phone is, or the charger or cable is bad.
Re: How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
seunlayi:
I have posted this about a year ago. Ampere is an app you must have when shopping for chargers or USB cables. Op, which charger ss is that with over 2300+

Original gionee charger with gionee m6(5020mAh)
Re: How To Identify Original Charger For Your Smartphone. by dotedote: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Is The Iphone 8 Plus Still Worth Buying? / Iphone 8 Showing "Iphone Is Disabled" / Plz I Need Ur Help On My X2-01 Memory Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.