Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please (3438 Views)

They Met On Twitter, Now They Are Getting Married / Lady Stages Proposal After Facebook Said She Would Be Married In 2018 / Lady Who Was Duped And Jilted By 8 Men Finally Got Married In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 02, 2017
DeeTus:
It's totally un-necessary.

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

Yes I know weddings are a big affair in Nigeria. What would you say was a good budget then? What would cover everything to make the occasion spectacular?
#1000 should equal #600k and above here... Why not increase IT a bit to #1500

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by pweetychyka(f): 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

He is. I'm British

Alright....

Actually tot u are Nigerian!
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
pweetychyka:

Alright....

Actually tot u are Nigerian!

No I'm not
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
£1000 is okay since its just for the wedding.
You're coming over to Nigeria to marry him so it should be a low budget wedding. That money should cover a registry/court marriage and a little entertainment afterwards.
No unnecessary spendings.

All the best and stay safe smiley

3 Likes

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2017
Piercedclit:
£1000 is okay since its just for the wedding.
You're coming over to Nigeria to marry him so it should be a low budget wedding. That money should cover a registry/court marriage and a little entertainment afterwards.
No unnecessary spendings.

All the best and stay safe smiley

Thank you. That's fine with me. We were thinking of renewing our vows back here too smiley
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

Thank you. That's fine with me. We were thinking of renewing our vows back here too smiley

That's fine
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 02, 2017
Nigeria is a big country. Narrow it down a bit a budget of £1000 is not much as you have to factor eventualities Have you factored travel costs in this budget to where ever it is you are intending to get married?Unless you are planning on having registry office wedding £1000 could be sufficient. online to ensure it's legit. I am guessing there is a reason why this wedding cannot take place in the U.K? As that would be so much easier. Is he traveling first to make preparations and you follow? This would reduce costs and be logical. Bring someone you know with you. That's a must.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

He's been refused a visa twice so I am going there

Madam there is a reason for this. Are you prepared to live in Nigeria as well? It's likely he won't be allowed back in the UK for some time after you marry him in Nigeria.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by pweetychyka(f): 2:21pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

No I'm not

alright... If u happened to be a nigerian, I would have known wat to say!

jez exercise patient and keep reading peoples post here I 'm sure u 'll get advices that will help

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 3:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
pweetychyka:

alright... If u happened to be a nigerian, I would have known wat to say!

jez exercise patient and keep reading peoples post here I 'm sure u 'll get advices that will help

Thank you x
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2017
Raine80:
Nigeria is a big country. Narrow it down a bit a budget of £1000 is not much as you have to factor eventualities Have you factored travel costs in this budget to where ever it is you are intending to get married?Unless you are planning on having registry office wedding £1000 could be sufficient. online to ensure it's legit. I am guessing there is a reason why this wedding cannot take place in the U.K? As that would be so much easier. Is he traveling first to make preparations and you follow? This would reduce costs and be logical. Bring someone you know with you. That's a must.

Yes because I have a feeling he won't be allowed a marriage visa to get married here
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 3:09pm On Jan 02, 2017
FortuneTeller:

Madam there is a reason for this. Are you prepared to live in Nigeria as well? It's likely he won't be allowed back in the UK for some time after you marry him in Nigeria.

I do know the reasons the visas were refused. No I won't be living in Nigeria. I will come back to the UK.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

I do know the reasons the visas were refused. No I won't be living in Nigeria. I will come back to the UK.

I don't want to be viewed as negative, so I will let others reply to your situation. I hope it works in your favor. But should it not, please don't go across the internet bashing Nigerian men 5 years from now.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2017
FortuneTeller:

I don't want to be viewed as negative, so I will let others reply to your situation. I hope it works in your favor. But should it not, please don't go across the internet bashing Nigerian men 5 years from now.

I would never do that. I would love to know your thoughts though.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by ibizgirl(f): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
Depends on a number of factors like
where you wedding will hold as in the state, kind of wedding -registry, church or native law.
But in all of this you need
Photographer/Video coverage
Food/drinks
Venue/decoration
Music
Cake/chops/cocktail.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
ibizgirl:
Depends on a number of factors like
where you wedding will hold as in the state, kind of wedding -registry, church or native law.
But in all of this you need
Photographer/Video coverage
Food/drinks
Venue/decoration
Music
Cake/chops/cocktail.

And I have to let my fiance organise all of that on his own? grin he'll never cope lol

It would most probably be a registry wedding. In Rivers.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

Yes because I have a feeling he won't be allowed a marriage visa to get married here
You don't feel , I reckon you know.
ok I am going to say it anyway. If he has over stayed , has had applications for visas declined prior to this. Getting married here is not going to gurantee anything., that's perhaps a reality that you might need to prepare for. Are there children in this relationship? It's best if you prepare yourself your fiancé might not be able to return to the UK for quite sometime if at all. Think this through.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

Yes she does. Me and him have a child together too

Only a child?
When you meet his other ..., then you will understand.

Good luck
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
Raine80:

You don't feel , I reckon you know.
ok I am going to say it anyway. If he has over stayed , has had applications for visas declined prior to this. Getting married here is not going to gurantee anything., that's perhaps a reality that you might need to prepare for. Are there children in this relationship? It's best if you prepare yourself your fiancé might not be able to return to the UK for quite sometime if at all. Think this through.

He didn't overstay on his student visa. He did leave before the visa expired. His funding for his next student visa didn't come through on time so visa was rejected. So he applied for visit visa which was declined based on not providing enough proof that the accommodation was adequate enough?!?!?! Whatever that means. And basically not having enough ties to Nigeria to ensure he returned. Yes we have a child together too which he hasn't been able to meet yet
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2017
B4bestbrain:

Only a child?
When you meet his other ..., then you will understand.

Good luck

Can I ask what you mean please? Only a child??
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

He didn't overstay on his student visa. He did leave before the visa expired. His funding for his next student visa didn't come through on time so visa was rejected. So he applied for visit visa which was declined based on not providing enough proof that the accommodation was adequate enough?!?!?! Whatever that means. And basically not having enough ties to Nigeria to ensure he returned. Yes we have a child together too which he hasn't been able to meet yet
Then you might have a chance .......but I am sure you know you will have to prove he will not rely on the state if he comes to the UK. It's nothing personal by the way but it's to have a clear perspective. Good luck.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 8:34pm On Jan 02, 2017
Raine80:

Then you might have a chance .......but I am sure you know you will have to prove he will not rely on the state if he comes to the UK. It's nothing personal by the way but it's to have a clear perspective. Good luck.

I know. And thank you for being honest with me x
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

I know. And thank you for being honest with me x
No worries

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

Can I ask what you mean please? Only a child??

You should have given him more
because we prefer many;
or is it inclusive in the visit?

Welcome to the great country in advance.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
B4bestbrain:

You should have given him more
because we prefer many;
or is it inclusive in the visit?

Welcome to the great country in advance.

Yes we have 1 at the moment. I never said I wasn't having any more children. But it is hard when he is there and I am here.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

Yes we have 1 at the moment. I never said I wasn't having any more children. But it is hard when he is there and I am here.

OK
So get ready before coming.

We love you!

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by dannywest: 10:14am On Jan 05, 2017
EmilieJones:
Hi,
I'm from the UK and my fiance and I have decided we want to marry in Nigeria instead of here. Just after some tips please.
Thanks in advance

Go to the city council at Moscow road in Port Harcourt. The marriage registry is there. Let them know your intentions, they would ask for passport photos and your details and post on the notice board for 21 days, at the end of that go there on the appointed date, get married, take photos, get your certificate. It's a really short ceremony.

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 3:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
dannywest:

Go to the city council at Moscow road in Port Harcourt. The marriage registry is there. Let them know your intentions, they would ask for passport photos and your details and post on the notice board for 21 days, at the end of that go there on the appointed date, get married, take photos, get your certificate. It's a really short ceremony.

Thank you. That's a big help smiley
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
EmilieJones:
Hi,
I'm from the UK and my fiance and I have decided we want to marry in Nigeria instead of here. Just after some tips please.
Thanks in advance
You don't need to stress yourself too much. Just get a wedding event planner. Where will you like to have your wedding?

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by dannywest: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
EmilieJones:

Thank you. That's a big help smiley

You're welcome, doing mine this year too smiley

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
dannywest:

You're welcome, doing mine this year too smiley

Good luck with yours and hope you have a wonderful day x

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch Video Here! Teenage Girl Shares After Še× Video With Her ‘boo’ On Facebook / 8 Signs She Enjoys Having Se_x With You / HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And S*x Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.