Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,783 members, 7,844,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? (11029 Views)

Oh My Home, Dino Melaye Sings Passionately For PDP (VIDEO) / The Hypocrisy Of Most Igbos / You Dislike Me For Parochial Sentiments, Jonathan Replies Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by iconTNA: 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
Alariwo2:
igbos always want to dominate. That is their problem

And the Buhari they love to hate knows their antics well.. he is not like GEJ they successfully turned against even his kinsmen

Hausas love to dominate, Igbos love to dominate. That is why Igbos and Hausas relate on a peer-to-peer level and regard Yorubas as subordinate praise-singers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by adewarley099(m): 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
There is a lot to hate Buhari for right now if you’re an Igbo person whose business depends on importing goods from anywhere in the world like China for example. A few years ago, you could get $1000 for about N200k to N250k, now it’s almost double that at N400k. And guess who is enjoying the topsy turvy FX rate, those BDC guys who are mainly Hausa.

If you’re not feeling the bite and still importing stuff, the tariffs at the ports is enough to give you heartaches and kill you. Many Igbos are in the import/export business in Nigeria. The economy is not favourable for business right now.

So, who gets the blame for “making the economy this way”? The guy who promised to “you know, make it all better with a magical wave of his hands” during his campaign. The guy in whose regime, FX is now twice it’s regular value. I don’t know about other people but anyone who messes with my sources of income will be hated with every fibre of my being.

Now let’s go on to marginalisation of the Igbos in his gov’t and the old hatred between the Hausa’s and Igbo’s. Apart from the ministers (according to law, one must come from each state to prevent marginalisation), his other appointments have mostly gone to Hausa, Fulani and Yoruba. Can anyone say the word, “Marginalisation” with me?!

How about the fact that yet another Hausa man is holding the highest office in the land? In our history as Nigeria, only two Igbo people have occupied that office. The second was deposed in a coup which ended up leading to the 3 years civil war in which millions of Igbo people died.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by PHIPEX(m): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
huptin:

Thanks for changing your mind...check your first post you said that you hated everything North and West. As far as going any where u like its your right...you are always welcome...but please quit the hate.
Go back and read my post slowly, I never said Igbos hated North let alone South West.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by Okwyjesus(m): 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
ShoProperties:
I have thought, long and hard on this issue, but, I can't find any logical reason for their dislike, which borders on hate.
I have looked high and low, there just isn't anything, or even a series of things, that I can point out and say, “that's why”.

Op you are very correct and the govt know that very well. The Nnamid Kanu issue messed buhari up among lgbos considering how bad the issue was managed. Forget people saying the hatred has PDP origin. Buhari wasn't smart in his dealing with a tribe like Igbos.

Even the learned lgbos are begining to sympathice with Kanu and that is not healthy for him and his political success. Igbos will definitely queue behind any alternative come 2019 even if it's Abacha son.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2017
so this post wont make front page .. but anything pertaining to mmm will hit the front page
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2017
hmmm
zendy:

This has got nothing to do with GEJ. The coming of Buhari has shown everyone that Igbos were right to have backed GEJ. Everything has crumbled since Buhari came. GEJ was not perfect, he never claimed to be. But one thing is sure, GEJ was a much better president than Buhari can ever be
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
TeleboiZ005:
Why did the hausas and yorubas passionately disliked GEJ too when he was in office
Because he has no vision at all but Buhari has but its blurry
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by zendy: 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
MalcoImX:
There's no stolen or easy money that most lazy ones are used to.

Maybe true but what is the point of it all if you and I dying of hunger under Buhari?
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by obailala(m): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
pazienza:

New year, yet your old lying habits persists.

SE rejected Buhari in 2003 and 2007,even when he paraded Igbo Vp just like we rejected Awolowo in 1979 even when he too paraded Igbo VP.
Of course, we also rejected Buhari in 2011, 2015, and will still reject him come 2023.

The reason is simple, Buhari is an Igbophobic entity, and it's not a co incidence that all lovers of Buhari are inherently Igbophobic, birds of same feathers flock together.

Buhari had demonstrated his Igbophobia many times in the past and continue to do so presently.
Buhari was part and parcel of the Northern counter coup junta that killed many Igbos.
He rejected an Igbo candidate in favour of a Fulani Man from Niger for the post of Sec general of OAU

Buhari out of hatred for Igbo decided to jail Ojukwu in the 1984, because he knew what Ojukwu represented to the Igbo. It was paramount that he disgraced Ojukwu, to please his Igbophobic Nigerian supporters.
https://www.nairaland.com/2084360/why-did-buhari-arrest-ojukwu/1

Buhari currently holds in prison an Igbo freedom fighter, who is loved by millions of Igbos, without any real concrete evidence against him.

Buhari had made it open that he considers Igbos 5% and would marginalize us to statisfy his Igbophobic Arewa-Oduanistan sychophants.

What old habits exactly are you talking about? Speaking the simple truth? I'm sorry there's nothing I can change to, the truth does not change. The hate and bile the SE has for Buhari is primarily rooted in the love the zone has for GEJ (there's nothing to be ashamed of in admitting this); every other thing fronted as a reason is only secondary.

To clarify what you wrote up there, Buhari wasn't rejected in 2003 and 2007 by the SE because he was hated, same way in which Ojukwu/APGA wasn't rejected because of hate. Rather, the SE wasn't really interested in those elections (especially presidential) at that time and there wasn't really any candidate in those elections loved enough by the SE to change that trend; not especially an old Hausa soldier (irrespective of his running mates). The disinterest of the SE in the presidential candidates at the time made it easy for the PDP to do their usual rigging to grab all SE votes, and that was why even APGA with Ojukwu as its candidate couldn't still take substantial SE votes.

The summary of my point is that the conscious hate the SE has for Buhari today stemmed from the GEJ era and it was purely due to Buhari's opposition to GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by freshboi88: 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
wtfCode:
Anything from the north n even west, we hate it with passion.
Buharis case is way worse, just make a deep research.
I don't have time to explain them.
Check out the killings of the igbos back then.
Check out the betrayal from afonjas.
Nigga check

Was it only Igbos that was killed... Shiites who were killed are they Igbos too??.........

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by pazienza(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
obailala:
What old habits exactly are you talking about? Speaking the simple truth? I'm sorry there's nothing I can change to, the truth does not change. The hate and bile the SE has for Buhari is primarily rooted in the love the zone has for GEJ (there's nothing to be ashamed of in admitting this); every other thing fronted as a reason is only secondary.

To clarify what you wrote up there, Buhari wasn't rejected in 2003 and 2007 by the SE because he was hated, same way in which Ojukwu/APGA wasn't rejected because of hate. Rather, the SE wasn't really interested in those elections (especially presidential) at that time and there wasn't really any candidate in those elections loved enough by the SE to change that trend; not especially an old Hausa soldier (irrespective of his running mates). The disinterest of the SE in the presidential candidates at the time made it easy for the PDP to do their usual rigging to grab all SE votes, and that was why even APGA with Ojukwu as its candidate couldn't still take substantial SE votes.

The summary of my point is that the conscious hate the SE has for Buhari today stemmed from the GEJ era and it was purely due to Buhari's opposition to GEJ.

Igbos rejected Buhari in 2003, we rejected him in 2011, 2015 and will still reject him come 2023.
He was rejected all those while, not because we hate him, but because we know he is Igbophobic and a part and parcel of the Northern Islamic Fulani hegemony, and so far, he has not proven us wrong.
You can continue linking it all up to GEJ, if that makes you feel better.
But I'm sure you know the bitter truth.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by MalcoImX: 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
zendy:

Maybe true but what is the point of it all if you and I dying of hunger under Buhari?
O r rather, they should bring YOUR corruption back.
Obo, Buhari is even taking it step by step with corruption. If it's to be tackled headlong, the cry will be more than this.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by TheMascot(m): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2017
Emekamex:
Under Buhari:
1. SE has the lowest government positions.
2. SE has the lowest capital projects.
3. SE has the lowest road projects even when it has the worst roads in the federation.
4. Igbos are killed while protesting peacefully while Fulanis are compensated with money for killing people.
5. SE was called 5% and it was made clear there will be punished for not supporting APC even when there is freedom of choice.
Should I continue...

You should ask Buhari why he hates the SE.
even before the election dey had branded him dullard no lie
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by zendy: 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
MalcoImX:
O r rather, they should bring YOUR corruption back.
Obo, Buhari is even taking it step by step with corruption. If it's to be tackled headlong, the cry will be more than this.

Guy dont fool your self. There is still massive corruption happening as we speak. Governors, Senators, Local Govt Chairmen, Ministers and so on are still stealing the natiom blind. All Buhari is doing is just a comic show. While it is true that corruption should be destroyed, it dies not mean that Buhari has destroy the Nigerian economy, make everyones life harder, and we turn around and congratulate him for fighting corruption. So Buhari cannot fight corruption and grow the Nigerian economy? If he cant do both then he shouldnt be there.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
Emekamex:
Under Buhari:
1. SE has the lowest government positions.
2. SE has the lowest capital projects.
3. SE has the lowest road projects even when it has the worst roads in the federation.
4. Igbos are killed while protesting peacefully while Fulanis are compensated with money for killing people.
5. SE was called 5% and it was made clear there will be punished for not supporting APC even when there is freedom of choice.
Should I continue...

You should ask Buhari why he hates the SE.
Yet na northerner igbo people will still vote for in all election
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by Fremancipation: 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2017
pazienza:

Or maybe, it's because there are no free petro dollars to mask Buhari's incompetence like it masked those of incompetent Nigerian leaders before him.

Buhari is forced to think outside the box to provide solutions to Nigeria problems, as there are no more petrodollars windfalls to
throw at those problems, hence Buhari and his team are being exposed.

So much wisdom. Preach on. I told my father the same thing when we discussed Nigeria economic situation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by MalcoImX: 10:50pm On Jan 02, 2017
zendy:

Guy dont fool your self. There is still massive corruption happening as we speak. Governors, Senators, Local Govt Chairmen, Ministers and so on are still stealing the natiom blind. All Buhari is doing is just a comic show. While it is true that corruption should be destroyed, it dies not mean that Buhari has destroy the Nigerian economy, make everyones life harder, and we turn around and congratulate him for fighting corruption. So Buhari cannot fight corruption and grow the Nigerian economy? If he cant do both then he shouldnt be there.
Bush destroyed America's economy (remember the meltdowns and multinationals collapsing), handing over a dead cow to Obama, who did everything, including billions of dollar bailout (similar to what Buhari is doing), only for the country to be handed to a scamming, doublespeak, sexist, racist and xenophobic demagogue who can't talk for a minute without self-referral. Have you ever heard the phrase, "Corruption will fight back." History is good at repeating itself.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 6:00am On Jan 03, 2017
Atiku2019:
Observing. ...........
ok
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by midol: 7:44am On Jan 03, 2017
Actually we yorubas know that Buhari hates Iboes, that was why we voted him. We wanted him to deal with the Iboes and give us all the appointment as we believed we are more educated than the north.

Unfortunately, he preferred to appoint his daura goats and cows than to appoint we yorubas.
Then recession came and hit us harder that distracting us from dealing with Iboes. Now we only think about our stomachs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by midol: 7:45am On Jan 03, 2017
saint7000:
Afonja OP...let me tell you all about Afonjas. An Afonja will stab you with a knife in your body and then turn around and ask you...Why are you in pain and bleeding? And you look at him and wonder...WTF? That describes the OP. As if he doesn't know that Buhari murdered Igbos during the war...yes Igbos are still in pain from that and hate him with passion.

You are correct about how we yorubas think.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 10:02am On Jan 03, 2017
is because we are just too smart
midol:

You are correct about how we yorubas think.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by wtfCode: 10:50am On Jan 03, 2017
freshboi88:

Was it only Igbos that was killed... Shiites who were killed are they Igbos too??.........
undecided undecidedi guess u've heard nothing undecided
check back then, when igbos were massacred in the north that made ojukwu to declare Biafra.not only that, but many times.
even up till now,the hatred is getting stronger.
if u're igbo man, have any misunderstanding with any Hausa man in his region,he wont waste any second to stab u with a dagger.
boi, u better make research than making me waste my time typing.
as for the shittes, if they like make dem finish themselves,all of 'em are hausas...the barbaric people. angry
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 11:30am On Jan 03, 2017
dudebuck:
you hate me and I hate you back.
abi
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
Caseless:
People of hate!
they are everywhere
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by cheruv: 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
mKc9ET:
He is the one hating, we are hating back bcoz he is a tairant
School eeh grin
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by najoke: 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
midol:
[s]Actually we yorubas know that Buhari hates Iboes, that was why we voted him. We wanted him to deal with the Iboes and give us all the appointment as we believed we are more educated than the north.

Unfortunately, he preferred to appoint his daura goats and cows than to appoint we yorubas.
Then recession came and hit us harder that distracting us from dealing with Iboes. Now we only think about our stomachs[/s].

We yoruba this. ..we yoruba that. ..ipod, be proud and show it. ...obviously you aint proud to be an ipod.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by apex0038(m): 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
it is always good to be sincere to ourselves,even before now,2003 President Buhari choice of vp was late sen chuba okadigbo,2007 late chief Umeh ezioke that did not stop the hatred.I personally think some just believe once their candidate lost an election it is over.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by apex0038(m): 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
wtfCode:
Nigga check
midol:
Actually we yorubas know that Buhari hates Iboes, that was why we voted him. We wanted him to deal with the Iboes and give us all the appointment as we believed we are more educated than the north.

Then recession came and hit us harder that distracting us from dealing with Iboes. Now we only think about our stomachs.
wtfCode:
Nigga check
impersonation
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by wtfCode: 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
apex0038:
impersonation
Must u quote me 2 times angry
Swerve biko
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2017
grin grin grin
wtfCode:

Must u quote me 2 times angry
Swerve biko

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by wtfCode: 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2017
http://markcurtis.info/2007/02/13/nigeriabiafra-1967-70/

Op, u need to read what's in that link
cry
That's why we hate anything that ain't igbo.
Truth.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by wtfCode: 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
ShoProperties:
I have thought, long and hard on this issue, but, I can't find any logical reason for their dislike, which borders on hate.
I have looked high and low, there just isn't anything, or even a series of things, that I can point out and say, “that's why”

Read this

http://markcurtis.info/2007/02/13/nigeriabiafra-1967-70/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! / Senate Confirms Halilu Shaba As NASRDA DG / You Want A SNC?- Read This Full Minutes Of The Famous Aburi Conference.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.