Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? (11033 Views)

Oh My Home, Dino Melaye Sings Passionately For PDP (VIDEO) / The Hypocrisy Of Most Igbos / You Dislike Me For Parochial Sentiments, Jonathan Replies Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by Xaddy(m): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2017
irrefragable:
So he could have an igbo brain to fight his case in court but dull hausa and daura-fulani brain are the ones good for political appointment.
Afonja use your brain, stop kissing hausa-fulani ass for once.
First off I am Igbo and I hope you do know what Afonja actually means. Anyhoo, I wonder why the Yorubas didn't kiss their ass in the 2011 election and voted OVERWHELMING for GEJ? If you can't remove race and ethnicity while talking politics... I don't know how to help you...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by irrefragable: 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2017
Xaddy:

First off I am Igbo and I hope you do know what Afonja actually means. Anyhoo, I wonder why the Yorubas didn't kiss their ass in the 2011 election and voted OVERWHELMING for GEJ? If you can't remove race and ethnicity while talking politics... I don't know how to help you...
who told you you are igbo? Your mama or who?

You talk about removing race and ethnicity while discussing politics but a situation where a tribe gets gunned down for protesting while another is left unchecked while they go on killing spree is politics devoid of ethnicity abi?

And i am supposed to think such a man loves igbos because he used an igbo lawyer to fight his case abi?

You talk of him picking up an igbo vp twice, let me ask you, after picking a yoruba vp and gathering the regions votes, how does he treat his yoruba vp now if not alienation. let me tell you, in you daura-dullard's administration his daura cabinet members hold more sway in decision-making than his vice president. your vp is only a mere commissioner

And lastly do not forget to ask your mother who you are today, so she can reassure you that you are igbo.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
irrefragable:
who told you you are igbo? Your mama or who?

You talk about removing race and ethnicity while discussing politics but a situation where a tribe gets gunned down for protesting while another is left unchecked while they go on killing spree is politics devoid of ethnicity abi?

And i am supposed to think such a man loves igbos because he used an igbo lawyer to fight his case abi?

You talk of him picking up an igbo vp twice, let me ask you, after picking a yoruba vp and gathering the regions votes, how does he treat his yoruba vp now if not alienation. let me tell you, in you daura-dullard's administration his daura cabinet members hold more sway in decision-making than his vice president. your vp is only a mere commissioner

And lastly do not forget to ask your mother who you are today, so she can reassure you that you are igbo.

N.a. fight
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
“It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.”
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 12:07am On Jan 13, 2017
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2017
jmoore:
5% statement signifies what?

undecided

Op, please better repent.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by felicitywe(m): 5:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
ShoProperties:
I have thought, long and hard on this issue, but, I can't find any logical reason for their dislike, which borders on hate.
I have looked high and low, there just isn't anything, or even a series of things, that I can point out and say, “that's why”.

Get Your hot properties Along The free trade zone in Ibeju Lekki ..check profile for more details
igbos dnt v hatred in its culture,they can dslk ur attitude but nt hate or abusive.igbos dslkd pmb statemnts&nt hate,when u go to duara igbos v lived wt pmb n still living nt on pretence of religion lk some yorubas will do.aftrall pmb hatred started wt d yorubas but bc of greed lk esua they betrayed their conscience&voted for him.nw the yorubas r blaming each other even holdin meetns on pmb.finally igbos work on trust and principle.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
careytommy7:
Why should they love him?
Is it by force to love?
What has buhari done to prove his love for them?
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2017
Because they believe on the law of reciprocity, the feeling is mutual.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 1:13am On Jan 18, 2017
Increasing money is the trickiest! Sure it is But let me give u an Expo , In this Recession the only place Huge Return is Guaranteed is Real Estate , like now You invest on a Vacant land for Residential use or commercial use , Trust me Huge returns await u depending on long u can hold on to your plot or Acres of land . But Real Estate is sure going to Increase Your Money Contact me on 08124579981 have got Strategic Places To Invest On Cheap Lands And Resell For Huge Profits

Focus on increasing your money instead of making or keeping it.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 18, 2017
Is this OP living in a dream world?

ShoProperties:
I have thought, long and hard on this issue, but, I can't find any logical reason for their dislike, which borders on hate.
I have looked high and low, there just isn't anything, or even a series of things, that I can point out and say, “that's why”.

Get Your hot properties Along The free trade zone in Ibeju Lekki ..check profile for more details
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by freeze001(f): 1:45am On Jan 18, 2017
Caseless:
People of hate!

Stingman:

“But when the crunch came, his allegiance to Nigeria disappeared. In the election of the (Organization of African Unity) OAU Secretary-General in 1985, Buhari voted against Nigeria and for Niger instead. He secured the election of Ide Oumarou, a Fulani man from Niger; as opposed to an Igbo man (Peter Onu, Acting Secretary-General OAU 1983 – 1985) from Nigeria. By so doing, Buhari became the first and only Head of State in the history of modern international relations to vote against his country in favour of his tribe.”

----- Femi Aribisala Vanguard News Tuesday February 3, 2015.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by freeze001(f): 1:46am On Jan 18, 2017
MalcoImX:
There's nothing one can do about that. Some people are naturally born to complain. Can you point to me a single day that will see them not complaining. If you know the psychology behind their actions, you'll not worry yourself about what they're good at. They just don't wail, they are Wailing Wailers.

Stingman:

“But when the crunch came, his allegiance to Nigeria disappeared. In the election of the (Organization of African Unity) OAU Secretary-General in 1985, Buhari voted against Nigeria and for Niger instead. He secured the election of Ide Oumarou, a Fulani man from Niger; as opposed to an Igbo man (Peter Onu, Acting Secretary-General OAU 1983 – 1985) from Nigeria. By so doing, Buhari became the first and only Head of State in the history of modern international relations to vote against his country in favour of his tribe.”

----- Femi Aribisala Vanguard News Tuesday February 3, 2015.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by MalcoImX: 8:56am On Jan 18, 2017
freeze001:

That piece appeared in a campaign article by by the PDP and Aribisala campaigning for GEJ. The title of that piece is:
Jonathan is a superior presidential material to Buhari, which is a fallacy, aimed at people like you.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/jonathan-superior-presidential-material-buhari/

It is vintage Aribisala, FFK or Omokri when the topic is Buhari - full of lies, half truths, character assassinations and conjectures.

//

How about you quoting this some decades later as a history professor to your students:

"Buhari Being Funded By ISIS, Al-Qaeda" – Femi Fani Kayode
http://pulse.ng/politics/femi-fani-kayode-buhari-being-funded-by-isis-al-qaeda-pdp-spokesperson-says-id3587885.html
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 11:00am On Jan 18, 2017
ok
MalcoImX:
That piece appeared in a campaign article by by the PDP and Aribisala campaigning for GEJ. The title of that piece is:
Jonathan is a superior presidential material to Buhari, which is a fallacy, aimed at people like you.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/jonathan-superior-presidential-material-buhari/

It is vintage Aribisala, FFK or Omokri when the topic is Buhari - full of lies, half truths, character assassinations and conjectures.

//

How about you quoting this some decades later as a history professor to your students:

"Buhari Being Funded By ISIS, Al-Qaeda" – Femi Fani Kayode
http://pulse.ng/politics/femi-fani-kayode-buhari-being-funded-by-isis-al-qaeda-pdp-spokesperson-says-id3587885.html

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by freeze001(f): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2017
MalcoImX:

There was or is no conjecture in that piece, it was a factual event that took place and no matter how you paint it, GMB voted against hos country simply because of tribal and religious bigotry which he embodies.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by MalcoImX: 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
freeze001:

There was or is no conjecture in that piece, it was a factual event that took place and no matter how you paint it, GMB voted against his country simply because of tribal and religious bigotry which he embodies.
Few people take Aribisala seriously. I wouldn't want to be with them. He has never been a reference point except to the gullible. He's so biased and attached to PDP and GEJ that it was "Jega (who) Defeated Jonathan For Buhari."
http://www.herald.ng/how-jega-defeated-jonathan-for-buhari-by-femi-aribisala-2/ and and Buhari's government, which was then just about 6 months was "The Worst Government In the History of Nigeria"
http://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2016/05/31/173083/

Femi Aribisala: Time to recover from trauma, By Olalekan Waheed Adigun

"Notice I used called him a political “commentator”, not an “analyst”, as he wants many of his readers to believe he is. In order to be seen as a being scientific in his write-ups, he sometimes taught us “How to Lose Presidential Elections Four Times” not minding the fact that he will later tell us: “Why Buhari Will Never be President of Nigeria.” As funny as the premises on which some of his arguments were based, he had those who based their “analyses” on many of his unscientific conclusions."
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/femi-aribisala-time-to-recover-from-trauma-olalekan-waheed-adigun/
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by freeze001(f): 1:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
MalcoImX:

I am more concerned about the content of that particular quote concerning the conduct of Buhari in deliberately voting against his own country Nigeria in the OAU because the Nigerian candidate was Igbo. He rather voted in favour of fulani from Niger...that is the hallmark of an ethnic and religious bigot who wil kill and destroy for allah or deny others their rightful gains because they are not islamic bigots like him. It is not about the messenger, discredit him all you will but fact remains that he gave a factual accounting of that incident that indicated the devilish mindset of the one we call president.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by MalcoImX: 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
freeze001:

I am more concerned about the content of that particular quote concerning the conduct of Buhari in deliberately voting against his own country Nigeria in the OAU because the Nigerian candidate was Igbo. He rather voted in favour of fulani from Niger...that is the hallmark of an ethnic and religious bigot who wil kill and destroy for allah or deny others their rightful gains because they are not islamic bigots like him. It is not about the messenger, discredit him all you will but fact remains that he gave a factual accounting of that incident that indicated the devilish mindset of the one we call president.
I've done enough to tell you how Aribisala, FFK, and Omokri are suspects when it comes to issues bordering on Buhari. The messenger as the message is well important to me. But since you seem to believe, 'beyond reasonable doubt', then; "Tell us how the vote was taken?"
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by dokyOloye: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
MalcoImX:
And he was just wasting his and an Igboman's time when he once took
Dr. Chuba Wilberforce Okadigbo as his running mate.
From all indications,Buhari is a religious bigot.
Did that prevent him from choosing a pastor as running mate?
That is 'some' politicians for U.
Can kiss Ur butts to get to where they want to be.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by kamalcole3000: 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
Buhari deserves to be disliked by every right thinking Nigerian for a thousand and 1 reasons.

If you want a list,I'll oblige u.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 7:46am On Jan 19, 2017
tongue
Toosure70:
because he sacked their hero .
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 11:24am On Jan 19, 2017
Emekamex:
Under Buhari:
1. SE has the lowest government positions.
2. SE has the lowest capital projects.
3. SE has the lowest road projects even when it has the worst roads in the federation.
4. Igbos are killed while protesting peacefully while Fulanis are compensated with money for killing people.
5. SE was called 5% and it was made clear there will be punished for not supporting APC even when there is freedom of choice.
Should I continue......

You should ask Buhari why he hates the SE.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 11:46am On Jan 19, 2017
mKc9ET:
He is the one hating, we are hating back bcoz he is a tairant
k
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by ShoProperties(m): 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2017
careytommy7:
Why should they love him?
Is it by force to love?
What has buhari done to prove his love for them?
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by disumusa: 2:55pm On Jan 19, 2017
superstar1:
THey hate every living thing on planet earth, not only PMB.

They are simply Children of Hatred.
in fact yiboo hate God and hate them self that is why they will never pay tithe, also call them self slaves like OSU,ofu,wawa
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by disumusa: 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2017
[quote author=ShoProperties post=52938020][/quote] pls just ask yibbo to mention any tribe they like at all
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by Caseless: 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
freeze001:

trash!
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2017
MalcoImX:
I wouldn't quote Femi Aribisala in any research paper. The dude has no credibility. I wouldn't trust an inch of Nigeria's territory to him; he'll sell it to foreigners.

Can you forget about the messenger and attack the message, did president Buhari exhibit that extreme act of unpatriotism and nepotism?
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by MalcoImX: 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2017
SnowJay92:

Can you forget about the messenger and attack the message, did president Buhari exhibit that extreme act of unpatriotism and nepotism?
He did not!! Don't jump into conclusions on issues that you don't know the details, and that are colored to appeal to the gullible. But still, the messenger is as important to me as the message. The messenger will always convey his message; which is to say, if the messenger is a liar, what would come forth from him will be tainted with lies.
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
MalcoImX:
He did not!! Don't jump into conclusions on issues that you don't know the details, and that are colored to appeal to the gullible. But still, the messenger is as important to me as the message. The messenger will always convey his message; which is to say, if the messenger is a liar, what would come forth from him will be tainted with lies.

While I go on a research to find out the veracity of that report, do you have anything to prove that the reporter lied apart from your brackish loyalty to the president?
Re: Why Do Most Igbos Passionately Dislike Buhari? by drskyfly007(m): 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2017
BECAUSE BUHARI IS CLUELESS WITH SWAG angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: This Is What Labour Party Tech Team Unveiled Today- Laugh At Jagaban / Lagos Warns Skit, Filmmakers Against Unauthorised Use Of LASTMA Uniform / Ayoku, Top Businessman, Dies At 69

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.