Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,890 members, 7,866,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:42 PM

Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? (813 Views)

What Is That Thing That Naija Men Do That Turns You Off Completely? / My Girlfriend Is Not Romantic..see What She Did!! Viewer Discretion / Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by lawisong(m): 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
I think naija men are the most romantic breed. The problem we have wit our women is what i'll like to refer
to as "social programming". It's
a pity that our naija babes
have been wrongly
programmed since childhood
to believe that for a guy to
be romantic then he must be a stereotype of
the guys in those James
Hardly Chase romantic novel
they've been secretly reading
while their parents were
asleep. To worsen the
situation, the emergence of
nollyhood has made almost
every girl to expect all
guys to behave like
Ramsel Noah or Saint Obi
before they can say we men
are romantic. But you know
what? Ladies, all that one na
mirage. Relationship is not a bed of roses. If you must
expect romantic behavior
from the guys, you first have
to proved to him that you
deserve such? Don't expect
Nigerian guys to come to
your house with a bouquet
of flowers and a sheepish
smile like James Bond before
you know we are romantic
because we are nigerians and
have our own style and the
sooner you come to realise
that the better for u. Simply learn to understand & appreciate
our own naija romantic
gesture which you seem to
be so ignorant of and don't
expect us to play foreign
romantic scripts for you, we
are real men not actors.[color=][/color]
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by sistajay(f): 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
Poster

I think its time you come down from that tree house of yours and stop actin like a bush man. You need social programmin!!
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by iice(f): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2009
I laugh in Sanskrit cheesy

BTW overdone topic
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 20, 2009
You can learn about romance if you open up your brain like your colleagues are doing tongue tongue
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by lawisong(m): 7:20am On Nov 23, 2009
Ebony wat do you know about romance. Well, if you teach me i no mind.
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by MissyB1(m): 9:38am On Nov 23, 2009
shocked There's Naija romance and Western romance?  undecided

Educate us on how a Naija man shows romance phulizz . . . . .
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by izeek(m): 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2009
Missy B:

shocked There's Naija romance and Western romance?  undecided

Educate us on how a Naija man shows romance phulizz . . . . .

he goes to work at 6am, comes back 1030pm takes dinner, showers and hits the bed.
and when u try to touch him or some kinda stuff, he barks at u saying " woman am tired, let me be i have to be up for 5am tomorrow".

now thats naija romance
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by lawisong(m): 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2009
Only a romantic man can marry more than one wife and still satisfy them all both in bed and otherwise. oyibo men marry only one wife yet cannot satisfy them thats why the divorce rate is high over there. This same 'social programming' don make una no fit reason again upon the school una go. Waste of education.
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by mamagee3(f): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2009
I laugh in Kilimanjaro. grin grin
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2009
Romantic?!!! grin grin grin

buhahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . . . oh dear. . . .
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 24, 2009
lawisong:

Only a romantic man can marry more than one wife and still satisfy them all both in bed and otherwise. oyibo men marry only one wife yet cannot satisfy them thats why the divorce rate is high over there. This same 'social programming' don make una no fit reason again upon the school una go. Waste of education.

lipsrsealed
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 24, 2009
illiteracy
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by MissyB1(m): 10:09am On Nov 24, 2009
izeek:

he goes to work at 6am, comes back 1030pm takes dinner, showers and hits the bed.
and when u try to touch him or some kinda stuff, he barks at u saying " woman am tired, let me be i have to be up for 5am tomorrow".

now thats naija romance
Aswerigawd . . . . . .  I don't want a [romantic] Naija man. cheesy
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by na2day2(m): 11:38am On Nov 24, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

You can learn about romance if you open up your brain like your colleagues are doing tongue tongue

let me guess, u know a thing or two abt romance right? i think not! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by lawisong(m): 1:01am On Nov 25, 2009
Well, this one wey all the women in the house dey protest so. Hmm, well, she who wears the high heel knows where it pinches. If i am to go by what you all are saying then that means i'm the only romantic naija man alive. Chei ya, unfortunately i cant practically prove that to all of una but for nairaland sake i pray make una dey waka enter the right places so that una fit see the right bobo wey go treat una like an african queen, cos there are guys like that, there are definitely guys that know their onion. Keep searchin. Nothin good comes easy abi?
Re: Who Says Naija Men Are Not Romantic? by MyneWhite1(f): 1:46am On Nov 25, 2009
“Where are we going?” Gladys asked Edward as she stepped out of the office bathroom. He’d just come back after three weeks in China and though they’d spent most of the past few days together, he never mentioned they’d go out tonight. He only called this morning to ask her to take a change of clothes for an evening on the town with some friends.
“You’ll know when we get there. It’s a surprise.” He turned to smile at her before tidying up his papers and ushering her out of the office. “And you look good in that top.”
“Thanks, glad you like it. But don’t dodge the question. Why won’t you tell me now?”
“Not yet, wait till we get there. Or you can try guessing.”
“Oh Edward, you know I don’t like surprises.”
They took the elevator to the underground car park and were soon on their way. Unlike most of their dates, this wasn’t set in advance. He usually picked her up after work, either alone or with friends, to take her home or out for drinks. Sometimes, they went to her book club or similar literary events. Other times he introduced her to new places; some he’d discovered as a university student during his first years in the city.
They were caught in the perennial hold-up on Awolowo Road when she turned under the seatbelt. “OK, do you know what?”
“What is that?” Edward adjusted his side mirror as an okada bike sneaked in between the stationary cars.
“I got a query yesterday. My boss says I nod off at my desk.”
“So you are one of those people who sleep at work, eh? I have some of those in my office too.”
“I got you,” Gladys chuckled. “I actually enjoy my duties.”
“You’re sure you do not sleep on the job?”
“No I don’t.” Did he think she was serious?
“Is that your final answer or do you want to phone a friend?” Edward deadpanned as the traffic began to inch forward.
Caught unawares, Gladys laughed easily. It was clear she would have fun tonight. “Really, I was only trying to pull your leg. I’ve never received a query.”
“Well my legs are quite busy now, so please don’t pull any of them.” Their laughter blended into each other.
He looked at her when she stopped. “What did you receive?”
“That’s the deal. I’ll tell if you say where we’re headed.”
He guffawed. She put a hand on his thigh, “Edward please, ”
“So you thought to make a stand? I didn’t think so.”
She pouted and looked away. They soon arrived at Reed’s Restaurant, which served Thai food. They had been here before, but Gladys was surprised to see her friend Ola walking up to the car. She opened the door and stepped out.
“What a coincidence!” She said as Ola came closer to them.
“I don’t think it is.” Ola pointed to the group of people near the doors of the building.
Gladys looked up and gasped; she looked over to Edward who had just finished locking up.
“Happy birthday to you darling.” He smiled innocently at her.

Now that is a romantic naija guy. Read and learn people. LOL. To know more, go to LULU and download this romance novel set in Lagos. http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4531432

(1) (Reply)

Perfect Gift For A Lady / Why Do Men Cheat / I Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.