Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,170 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us (26651 Views)

Nollywood Has Done It Again! See The Latest Movie Poster / Most controversial female hair styles that nollywood has ever seen (photos) / Nollywood Has Failed Me — Steph-nora Okere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
Misinforming audiences comes with repercussions. Though the consequences in this case may not be grave, it should be addressed nonetheless.

Have you ever watched a Ghanaian or Nigerian movie without identifying  that::

1.  Kidney failure, Congestive Heart Failure, Bone fracture, Cancer, Asthma, STDs etc are all diagnosed by placing a stethoscope over a patient’s chest.

2.  When a couple can’t have a boy, it’s the woman’s fault

3.  Every problem you have is spiritual.

4.  In every romance movie, someone must die.

5.  It is possible to hit a person without actually touching them!

6.  Anyone who gets hit by a car dies immediately.

7.  Poisoned food always tastes better.

8.  The best way to make money is by visiting a Witchdoctor.

9.  At least one of a pair of twins (identical or not) is born evil.

10.  One has to scream from the very beginning of labor until the baby is delivered

11.  There is never an end to suffering, except death!

12.  With a pastor,  all things are possible

13.  A movie can be titled anything,  such as - The Boy is Mine, Two Rats,

14.  Spanner, Calculator, etc.

15.  . A movie has not been made if at least one actor/actress has not twisted his/her lips to speak wrong phonetics in an attempt to sound American/British.

16.   You are in love,  you want to take your girl out, the best place you take her to is,  Mr. Biggs, Tantalizers, the beach or the best - take her to buy some new ugly clothes.

An Igbo movie has not been made if,

* One does not visit a Witchdoctor
    * A fleet of cars is not shown off
    * Kanayo 'O' Kanayo is not in the movie, alongside Pete Edochie wearing the usual red cap! To get rich it is mandatory you join a cult

A Twi movie has not been made if…

* Kyeiwaa is not a witch
    * Agya Koo is not in the movie, alongside Nana Ama Mc Brown

17.   Gunshots and fireworks always sound the same!

18.  99% of the time, the title has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.

19.  A love story has not been produced if it does not have one or two of the following actresses;

* Van Vicker
    * Ramsey Nouah
    * Stella Damasus-Aboderin
    * Stephanie Okereke
    * Nadia Buari
    * Genevieve Nnaji
    * Omotola Jolade-Ekeinde
    * Rita Dominic
    *  Jackie Appiah

20.  The Nigerian Police are extremely 'efficient' unlike their counterparts in real life,

21.  . An actress can wear the same hairdo for more than a year,

22.  It is permissible to wear very dark shades at night, indoors or out

23.  When you are shot in the chest, it really doesn't matter; your head will be bandaged! Same for your legs!

24.  When advertising a movie, you really should shout because,  people are deaf?

25.  When you are extremely poor, you will still be able to afford very good furniture and a T.V. set, but you won't be able to send your kids to school.

26.  All past scenes (flashbacks) are in black and white with distorted sound.

27.   Future scenes are always “ten or twenty years later”

28.   Everyone uses their party dresses and make up even when cooking in the kitchen or sleeping.

29.  All bullets hit the chest

30.  TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Given that these are simple and easily accessible facts, it irks beyond reason that script writers would not take the time out to verify or validate information provided in movies. Care to admit it or not, some audiences take this stuff literally. Producers should not expect viewers to take information they provide in their movies with a grain of salt.

Taken from www.bunibuni.com[b]
If this has been said before please let this thread die a horrible death
smiley

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by platinumnk(f): 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Misinforming audiences comes with repercussions. Though the consequences in this case may not be grave, it should be addressed nonetheless.

1.  Kidney failure, Congestive Heart Failure, Bone fracture, Cancer, Asthma, STDs etc are all diagnosed by placing a stethoscope over a patient’s chest.

2.  When a couple can’t have a boy, it’s the woman’s fault

3.  Every problem you have is spiritual.

4.  In every romance movie, someone must die.

5.  It is possible to hit a person without actually touching them!

6.  Anyone who gets hit by a car dies immediately.

7.  Poisoned food always tastes better.

8.  The best way to make money is by visiting a Witchdoctor.

9.  At least one of a pair of twins (identical or not) is born evil.

10.  One has to scream from the very beginning of labor until the baby is delivered

11.  There is never an end to suffering, except death!

12.  With a pastor,  all things are possible

15.  . A movie has not been made if at least one actor/actress has not twisted his/her lips to speak wrong phonetics in an attempt to sound American/British.

16.   You are in love,  you want to take your girl out, the best place you take her to is,  Mr. Biggs, Tantalizers, the beach or the best - take her to buy some new ugly clothes.

* One does not visit a Witchdoctor
    * A fleet of cars is not shown off
    * Kanayo 'O' Kanayo is not in the movie, alongside Pete Edochie wearing the usual red cap! To get rich it is mandatory you join a cult

* Kyeiwaa is not a witch

17.   Gunshots and fireworks always sound the same!

18.  99% of the time, the title has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.

19.  A love story has not been produced if it does not have one or two of the following actresses;

* Van Vicker
    * Ramsey Nouah
    * Stephanie Okereke
    * Nadia Buari
    * Genevieve Nnaji
    * Omotola Jolade-Ekeinde
    * Rita Dominic
    *  Jackie Appiah

20.  The Nigerian Police are extremely 'efficient' unlike their counterparts in real life,

21.  . An actress can wear the same hairdo for more than a year,

22.  It is permissible to wear very dark shades at night, indoors or out

23.  When you are shot in the chest, it really doesn't matter; your head will be bandaged! Same for your legs!

24.  When advertising a movie, you really should shout because,  people are deaf?

25.  When you are extremely poor, you will still be able to afford very good furniture and a T.V. set, but you won't be able to send your kids to school.

26.  All past scenes (flashbacks) are in black and white with distorted sound.

27.   Future scenes are always “ten or twenty years later”

28.   Everyone uses their party dresses and make up even when cooking in the kitchen or sleeping.

29.  All bullets hit the chest

30.  TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Given that these are simple and easily accessible facts, it irks beyond reason that script writers would not take the time out to verify or validate information provided in movies. Care to admit it or not, some audiences take this stuff literally. Producers should not expect viewers to take information they provide in their movies with a grain of salt.

Taken from  www.bunibuni.com
[b]
If this has been said before please let this thread die a horrible deat[/b]h smiley

Gosh! this funny!! Especially the Igbo Movies part!! the Fleet of hummers hahahahaahahahaahahaha

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2009
well, what can i say? to God indeed be the glory.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2009
I agree the fleet of cars part is too true. Our industry is redundant and in need of new, fresh young writers and producers.
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by OBVIOUS(m): 8:28pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

I agree the fleet of cars part is too true. Our industry is redundant and in need of new, fresh young writers and producers.

More of FRESH DIRECTORS WITH IDEAS.

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2009
OBVIOUS:

More of FRESH DIRECTORS WITH IDEAS.
I agree, some of the scenes that they let through are horrible embarassed embarassed
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by OBVIOUS(m): 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2009
^^^^ how r u today ? kiss kiss <hope relaxed.>
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by omar22(m): 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2009
1. Kidney failure, Congestive Heart Failure, Bone fracture, Cancer, Asthma, STDs etc are all diagnosed by placing a stethoscope over a patient’s chest.

Me thinking that they would normally blame the first wife or the mother-in-law

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2009
OBVIOUS:

^^^^ how r u today ? kiss kiss <hope relaxed.>
Im doing great babes, hope you are well grin
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2009
omar22:

Me thinking that they would normally blame the first wife or the mother-in-law
Everything bad is the womans fault in Nollywood grin grin
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by OBVIOUS(m): 9:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Everything bad is the womans fault in Nollywood grin grin

Nollywood reflects a certain reality of the Nigerian culture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by puskin: 10:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
Funny but true.
A well researched post by the poster.
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Shentz(f): 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
looool
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by walakolobo: 10:53pm On Nov 20, 2009
nonsence - try and applaud efforts people make rather than trying to kill it.

3 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by omar22(m): 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2009

Kill what? The truth hurts,

7 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by inme: 11:19pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

2.  When a couple can’t have a boy, it’s the woman’s fault [Producd, directed, costumed, n edited by  Andy Amenechi n family]

3.  Every problem you have is spiritual. [ Producd, directed by Tade Ogidan]

4.  In every romance movie, someone must die. [Tchidi Chikere n sons]

5.  It is possible to hit a person without actually touching them! [Directed by Andy Amenechi]

6.  Anyone who gets hit by a car dies immediately. [Producd, directed  by Tade Ogidan]

7.  Poisoned food always tastes better. [Producd, directed  by Tade Ogidan]

8.  The best way to make money is by visiting a Witchdoctor. [Directed by Andy Amenechi]

9.  At least one of a pair of twins (identical or not) is born evil. [Directed by Andy Amenechi]

10.  One has to scream from the very beginning of labor until the baby is delivered [Directed by Zeb Ejiro]

11.  There is never an end to suffering, except death! [Directed by Zeb/Chico Ejiro]

12.  With a pastor,  all things are possible [Produced/directed by Lancelot Imasuen]

13.  A movie can be titled anything,  such as - The Boy is Mine, Two Rats, [Produced, directed and writting by Charles Inojie]

14.  Spanner, Calculator, etc. [Produced, directed and writting by Charles Inojie]

15.  . A movie has not been made if at least one actor/actress has not twisted his/her lips to speak wrong phonetics in an attempt to sound American/British. [By Tchidi Chikere]

16.   You are in love,  you want to take your girl out, the best place you take her to is,  Mr. Biggs, Tantalizers, the beach or the best - take her to buy some new ugly clothes. [aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh Produced, co produced, manufactured and sealed by Fred Amata:]

* One does not visit a Witchdoctor [Directed by Izu Ojukwu]
    * A fleet of cars is not shown off [Directed by Izu Ojukwu]
    * Kanayo 'O' Kanayo is not in the movie, alongside Pete Edochie wearing the usual red cap! To get rich it is mandatory you join a cult [Produced and writting by Tarila Thompson]

* Kyeiwaa is not a witch

17.   Gunshots and fireworks always sound the same! [By Tarila Thompson]

18.  99% of the time, the title has absolutely nothing to do with the movie. [Andy Amenechi]

19.  A love story has not been produced if it does not have one or two of the following actresses; [Tchidi Chikere]

* Van Vicker
    * Ramsey Nouah
    * Stephanie Okereke
    * Nadia Buari
    * Genevieve Nnaji
    * Omotola Jolade-Ekeinde
    * Rita Dominic
    *  Jackie Appiah

20.  The Nigerian Police are extremely 'efficient' unlike their counterparts in real life,  [ produced by Okechukwu Onyeka}

21.  . An actress can wear the same hairdo for more than a year,  [ produced by Okechukwu Onyeka}

22.  It is permissible to wear very dark shades at night, indoors or out[b] [ produced by Okechukwu Onyeka}[/b]

23.  When you are shot in the chest, it really doesn't matter; your head will be bandaged! Same for your legs! [ produced by Okechukwu Onyeka}

24.  When advertising a movie, you really should shout because,  people are deaf? [ produced by Iweka Rd. Onitsha}

25.  When you are extremely poor, you will still be able to afford very good furniture and a T.V. set, but you won't be able to send your kids to school. [Writting by Andy Amenechi jr.]

26.  All past scenes (flashbacks) are in black and white with distorted sound. [Writting by Andy Amenechi jr.]

27.   Future scenes are always “ten or twenty years later” [ahhhhhhhhh baba Fred Amata]

28.   Everyone uses their party dresses and make up even when cooking in the kitchen or sleeping. [Tarila Thomson]

29.  All bullets hit the chest [ produced by Okechukwu Onyeka}

30.  TO GOD BE THE GLORY[b] [ produced by Amen][/b]

Taken from  www.bunibuni.com

If this has been said before please let this thread die a horrible deat[/b]h smiley

Nice job, but u forgot to add this one,

[b]*You can actually kill/shoot someone with a gun from inside your car without the  windscreen being damaged
*When you kill/shoot someone with a gun in the chest, the blood comes out from the back without the persons clothes being torn and if by chance the person survived his or her head will be bandaged
*It doesnt matter if someone else [who is not even part of the actors/actress] walked pass the face of the camera, the movie most go on.
*You must cover both your mouth and the person you are about to kiss with both hands for the camera not to see your lips
*Every movie must end with "To God Be The Glory"
*As for your number 19, nobody will like to watch/buy a movie without the face of popular actor/actress, at least this one is understandable

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by platinumnk(f): 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
in me:

[color=#006600]
*Every movie must end with "To God Be The Glory"
[color]

hahahahahhahaahhahahah SO TRUE!!!!!
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2009
in me:

*It doesnt matter if someone else [i][who is not even part of the actors/actress] walked pass the face of the camera, the movie most go on.[/i]

*As for your number 19, nobody will like to watch/buy a movie without the face of popular actor/actress, at least this one is understandable

You are so right. Even if we see the microphone near the head of the actors, they still roll the tape and dont even bother to edit it out in the editing room grin grin grin

I agree im guilty, if I dont see any faces I know, I will not watch the movie grin

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2009
walakolobo:

Sweetie, the best way to move forward and develop is to admit there is a problem and look for appropriate solutions grin In this case, we need fresh young writers/producers/directors oh and some of our actors and actresses need to go to acting school grin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by MrCrackles(m): 12:03am On Nov 21, 2009
Nollytrash is a bag of salt. . . .
What can nollywood teach me?
ZILCH. . . dont watch, wont watch, cant watch, never will watch! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by walakolobo: 12:04am On Nov 21, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Sweetie, the best way to move forward and develop is to admit there is a problem and look for appropriate solutions grin In this case, we need fresh young writers/producers/directors oh and some of our actors and actresses need to go to acting school grin.

What have you done betteR?
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by sweeti14(f): 12:14am On Nov 21, 2009
roflmao ;d ;d ;d
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by platinumnk(f): 12:21am On Nov 21, 2009
MrCrackles:

Nollytrash is a bag of salt. . . .
What can nollywood teach me?
ZILCH. . . dont watch, wont watch, cant watch, never will watch! cool

Crackles sweetie, were u rejected by Nollywood or something?? grin grin
I love Nollywood more than American Movies cheesy

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by MrCrackles(m): 12:23am On Nov 21, 2009
platinumnk:

Crackles sweetie, were u rejected by Nollywood or something?? grin grin
I love Nollywood more than American Movies cheesy
Good for you lovely! wink
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by platinumnk(f): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2009
Mr Crackles- You dont like any of them really? cry cry

kiss kiss
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by omar22(m): 12:29am On Nov 21, 2009
Crackles sweetie, were u rejected by Nollywood or something?? Grin Grin
I love Nollywood more than American Movies Cheesy

I love Hollywood so much

Nollywood !!! ha, I get more drama walking down the road than that piece of crap called Nollywood and its side kick called Gollywood (more like Dumb and Dumber)
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 21, 2009
walakolobo:

What have you done betteR?
Im not saying im an Actress/producer/director/writer.
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by OgidiBoy(m): 12:39am On Nov 21, 2009
Here is one that drives me crazy, they always try to replicate 5.1 surround sound in nollywood movies with no stereo receiver,making it very hard to watch a movie without always adjusting the volume.

I lied, the most annoying one is the background music, most times the background music is louder that the actor/actress voice making it very hard to even hear the movie without turning the volume to the highest, angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by inspiredm(m): 12:52am On Nov 21, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Very Correct !!!

All sorts of Funny titles, Blood on My Shoulder, I will Eat Tomorrow, My Shirt is Dirty, I Wont be Surprised if I see a Nollywood movie titled Nairaland.  cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by omar22(m): 1:24am On Nov 21, 2009
Titles like Sharon Stone of Abuja takes the biscuit, They are lucky Sharon Stone didnt drag them to court over using her name without her permission!
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by matiltomd(f): 1:43am On Nov 21, 2009
@Poster,you're wonderful, but how about the Yoruba movies??
Written,produced and Directed by Saidi Balogun(who happens to be the main character in the movie)
A rich man's daughter with the same hairdo from the beginning of the movie till the end (even on her wedding)
A big boy who's supposedly educated (according to the storyline) saying "wheelshair".
Carrying a particular bag/wearing a particular dress/top/ankara/lace in more than two movies(it's obvious it's the actor's)
Once a pastor decides to pray for you,there must be a vision while he was praying.
Watching a 1hr movie filled with 25mins adverts of other films
The end part of their adverts, Grab your copy, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has now been changed to, Buy,Watch and Bow!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't help but hiss

pls I'm tired,

5 Likes

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 21, 2009
What do you mean? Anyone can be Sharon Stone. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You had better play dumb while watching a Nollywood movie, otherwise you would either not enjoy it or give yourself HBP. That's what I do!!!  cheesy But I like watching them though. I used to detest them, but in a country filled with unemployed youth, it's better they act than get engaged in nefarious activities. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood / Where Is Nollywood Located In Nigeria? / Bbnaija S4 Winner, Mercy Eke, Endorses S6 Housemate, Maria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.