Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us (26663 Views)

Nollywood Has Done It Again! See The Latest Movie Poster / Most controversial female hair styles that nollywood has ever seen (photos) / Nollywood Has Failed Me — Steph-nora Okere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Parohfrey(f): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2009
Where is big headed Amaka, come here you, let me give you a lshing, why run away?
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by THEAMAKA3(f): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2009
Paroh Frey you are so full of it.
"i no get your time blah blah blah" "nairaland is stupid and the dumbest forum living blah blah blah" but yet you are still here.
na wa for you oooooo.
someone really does care about something they dont care about.  grin

are you a lesbian or what? why are you so obsessed with pusssies? wetin be your own?
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Parohfrey(f): 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2009
wetin be my own? Na pu ssie as well or wetin u think? hahahahah. Amaka, you are so full of shit so much that you need to shave off those things blocking your entrance. Look in the mirror to see what i am saying,.
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by THEAMAKA3(f): 9:53pm On Nov 22, 2009
i have confirmed, you are a lesbian.
anyway bye bye!
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by ginky: 10:30pm On Nov 22, 2009
@ POSTER

CHECK OUT THESE ONES:

Every love film must be titled  LOVE, SPIRIT OF LOVE, REAL LOVE, SUPER LOVE,SWEET LOVE, TRUE LOVE,ETC

A fat person can act the role of a very poor person and there is no problem.

Chioma Chukwuka must always act the role of a christian while Oge Okoye and Ini Edo get their well acclaimed roles(SLUTS).
            A film must have part 2 and 3 before it is considered complete: most of the times,the 2nd part doesn't even have a connection with the 1st part or would I say the GENUINE PART.                                                                                                           

When a person looks at the camera countless times, it is not a problem at all, the camera keeps on rolling.

When there is noise in the background like in the movie TRUE IDENTITY, there is no wahala. 

You can get a phone call from your friend who informs you that someone is in the hospital. You'd then say " hey, how? ok, am coming right away". The next thing is that you've arrived.You don't need to ask which hospital it is or where it's located. Somehow, somehow, YOU JUST KNOW THE EXACT ONE.

1 Like

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Parohfrey(f): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^so a fat person cant be poor?
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by ginky: 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2009
@Paroh frey
I said a very poor person.

A PERSON WHO DOESN'T HAVE A GOOD MEANS OF LIVELIHOOD CAN'T BE FAT. IT'S DIFFERENT IF THE PERSON IS PLUMP( which is not supposed to be if you understand the extent of hardship the person is facing).
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Parohfrey(f): 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2009
funny.
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by TheSly: 11:18pm On Nov 22, 2009
I stopped watching the bunkum called Nollywood long time ago.

1. . . . . Every bad person must die. . . No other alternative. cheesy

2. . . . . You go to the movie store every week, You see like 20 new movies from same actors/actresses.
And you must GRAB YOUR COPY TODAY!!!!. . . . cheesy

3. . . . .All i need is to watch 3 scenes and i can accurately predict the outcome.
If its a Barren woman. . . .She would get pregnant after she visits the native doctor
and it would be revealed to her that she sinned against someone long time ago.

If its about armed robbers, One of them would want to quit but he would be convinced to go for the LAST BIG operation.
The last operation is where things always go wrong,

Lastly. . . .
Poisoned food always tastes better.
Not only would it taste better, The poison also works instantly without the food digesting.

A movie can be titled anything,  such as - The Boy is Mine, Two Rats,
Dont forget to add, ''How i survived in the forest of musanga'' . . . .Isi ewu and others. cheesy

Nollywood is a joke. . . . . .really.  cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by naliakar: 8:29am On Nov 23, 2009
Serious studies have been done on Nollywood. There should be three or so doctoral(Ph.D) dissertations going on about Nollywwod. So the Poster's topic is no an idle query. I believe there is a lot to learn from Nollywood and a lot to criticize. But it is in the nature of all nascent efforts to attract mostly negative criticism Sure enough the desire to mass produce movies has caught up with the challenge of creativity and technical demands of quality production. I bet nowadays it must be easy to shoot a Nollywood movie because all the lines that could be used are public knowledge and the producer/director's challenge is to get so and so to play such and such a role. Once I see Patience on the cover, I already can tell her role in a movie without even watching. Same with Olu Jacobs. Nkem Owoh, those two tiny men etc.

what about the running motif that colored or lighter skinned men are red hot favorites to play any romantic role. It is a stereotype Nollywood should debunk. that Ramsey, Majid and Vicker must always win romance contests belies a complex that lighter men are ladies favorites. This is a Nollywood motif that should be checked.

Here below is one serious study on an aspect of Nolywood and there are quite a number that are very informative.

http://www.emeraldinsight.com/Insight/ViewContentServlet?Filename=/published/emeraldfulltextarticle/pdf/3010030406.pdf
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by 42233624: 10:45am On Nov 23, 2009
jst had to add this

1 bullets cannot penetrate through wall or glasses

2 sex must be in the room and under blanket

3 children can look older than thier parents,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nezan(m): 11:02am On Nov 23, 2009
^^^^ Nollywood sucks! they dont care to even make-believe, they take us all for a ride.
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by omar22(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2009
The main problem here is that, they seem to recycle themselves, nothing new, its like reading the “Mills and Boon” novels, within a period of 12 months I went through almost 80 to 100 books all ended the same way, the usual suspects dies! The same about Nollywood as an industry, no one is prepared to push the boat out, push the boundaries, new ideas. It’s bad enough them churning out hundreds and hundreds of home movies every year, what “we” the viewers are waiting for is a BLOCKBUSTER from Nollywood. The actors and actresses act the same way, speak the same way, look the same way, I can’t remember her name, actually I don’t now know her name! but she acted in 2 different movies, one as a rich mans daughter, the other as a poor mans wife! The 2 roles require 2 different characters but hey as expected she spoke the same way, with the same attitude for both roles…. And people would say we shouldn’t criticise them! Nollywood is an industry that refuses to grow in quality, why? Typical Nigerian thinking “enough is good enough”

Look at TSOTSI won an Oscar award, grossed nearly $10m, this a South African movie, well thought of the script was well written and professionally shot, it’s a movie that had everything and was I proud that it won the best foreign language film at the Oscars… Wesley Snipes and other Hollywood stars realised that theirs an untapped gold mine within Nollywood or filming in Nigeria but it seems like that boat has sailed, agree there are loads of movies to be shot in Africa but using actors / actresses from Nollywood or Gollywood seems to be a distance memory unless if they have shown in the past that they could handle such role, but looking most Nollywood stars CV, though its long but not impressive. You imagine someone asks a Nollywood actor to act in a movie and his role is to act as a Jamaican, this means you would have to enter the world of a Jamaican behave like one and speak like one? No Chance…

"If we do what we've always done, we'll get what we always got."
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:17pm On Nov 23, 2009
fuckface:

jst had to add this

1 bullets cannot penetrate through wall or glasses

2 sex must be in the room and under blanket

3 children can look older than thier parents,
lol i agree with number 3
there was this one movie called "Okada Man" with Nkem Owoh playing the son and Patience Ozokwor played his MOM!!! lolol
i couldnt help but laughing at how stupid that was. Nkem Owoh is probably the same age with Patience if not older than her. or visa versa. lol
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by lbotus(f): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2009
so true especially NO. 18

99% of the time, the title has absolutely nothing to do with the movie.. It makes me wanna spank the directors/producers.
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2009
wots d beef!!!if u dont like nollywood,go n watch hollywood or bollywood,ok y dint u analyse others y u dissin nollywood.if u cant appreciate d efforts n money dey spend on film production despite piration u wont b sayin rubbish,n does nollywood have d same equipments dat bolly or hool y have,n is it d kind of life d westerners r livin dat we r livin,abi in ur secondary school dey did not teach u dat movies r reflections of wot goes on in d society,is niger society n american society d same.abeg if u dont have any useful tin 2 say Bleep off n stop all dat nonesense at least d actors n actresses u mention dia names are gainfully employed,besides is it not d storyline dey ask dem 2 interprete dat dey wud do.its certain dat its not everyone dat will like nollywood or appreciate it but u dont av 2 make ur dislike public!!!! shocked angry grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2009
y dint u analyze bollywood dat in every movie dey must sing n dance n in every hollywood its always bout sex,date rape,gangsterism,alchol !it"s simple because dats wot goes on in dia society (except 4 d singin tin in bollywood),besides most nollywood are usually imaginative not real thurrrr!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by omar22(m): 10:46pm On Nov 23, 2009
@Kulyie Bollywood brought the singing from the Old to the New era which fits perfectly, they even took it to another level, I could remember every movie by Olaiya they have to sing in it,
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:37am On Nov 24, 2009
omar22:

@Kulyie Bollywood brought the singing from the Old to the New era which fits perfectly, they even took it to another level, I could remember every movie by Olaiya they have to sing in it,
i bet if Nollywood had came up with the idea of singing in every movie and not bollywood, you would be calling it stupid.
you would probably say something about why do they sing in every movie and cant they come up with something else instead of the same old thing.
blah! learn to at least appreciate the efforts being made by a lot, okay?
always embracing what isnt yours. SHIOR!!
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Winnergal(f): 1:50am On Nov 24, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i bet if Nollywood had came up with the idea of singing in every movie and not bollywood, you would be calling it stupid.
you would probably say something about why do they sing in every movie and cant they come up with something else instead of the same old thing.

Good point, Amaka . . . cool
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by naliakar: 2:31am On Nov 24, 2009
That Nollywood has produced one great female actor, and other good actors
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 24, 2009
I hate those Indian songs as well. What a waste of time.
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by naliakar: 3:09am On Nov 24, 2009
michelin89:

I hate those Indian songs as well. What a waste of time.

With the exception of this (Papa Kehte) song which remains a classic universally to date. It really spiced my adolescence then.Some good songs come out soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA5jMs1TzhE
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by san26dy(f): 8:41am On Nov 24, 2009
in Nollywood, The main dish prepared is always "Fried rice" and chicken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2009
san26dy:

in Nollywood, The main dish prepared is always "Fried rice" and chicken.
OH MY GOSH!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
i thought i was the only once that noticed.
a while back i was thinking, dont they eat anything else in movies that look "high class" ?
common fried rice and chicken as if its all that.
they will be in an "expensive" eatery always eating fried rice and chicken.
FINALLY someone else sees what i see. lolol
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 24, 2009
Bollywood singing is super cheesy and I think thats why I dont watch it anymore also its almost 3hrs long shocked They visuals are always stunning as well but if we look closely they too have recycled storylines matterfact Hollywood too has cliche storylines too thats why I dont watch movies these days, I prefer TV series or reality tv embarassed)
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

OH MY GOSH!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
i thought i was the only once that noticed.
a while back i was thinking, dont they eat anything else in movies that look "high class" ?
common fried rice and chicken as if its all that.
they will be in an "expensive" eatery always eating fried rice and chicken.
FINALLY someone else sees what i see. lolol
I have seen eba and egusi in some village movies grin grin But I agree, its always fried or jollof rice and chicken.
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by omar22(m): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2009

They sang in Chicago, Rush Hour, Enchanter, as old as Sound of Music and Mary Popping are I still love them  but I dont have nothing against singing in a Nollywood movie so far its well edited,  It sounds hideous and horrible, you could clearly hear that its either song is going faster than the singer or the singer is trying to pull a fast one. It was clear back in the 80's that some of Nigerian movies were heading the Indian route mostly the yoruba one (ADE LOVE)

In Bollywood movies, I always have the remote control close the moment they start to sing, I would fast forward it but I do like Kuch Kuch Hota hai!!!! or Hirthik Roshan's movies including the songs,
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by LordReed(m): 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2009
@Ebonyeyes
It seems Nollywood also taught u how to numba lists. . .
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by Orikinla(m): 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2009
Nollywood has taught me to know that Nigerians can really be the best in the world with the right tools.
Re: 30 Things Nollywood, Has Taught Us by omar22(m): 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2009
Nollywood has taught me to know that Nigerians can really be the best in the world with the right tools.

And what tool would that be?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Grammatical Errors (Gbagauns) Of Nollywood / Bbnaija S4 Winner, Mercy Eke, Endorses S6 Housemate, Maria / BBNaija: Debbie-Rise Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.