Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,969 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria (2127 Views)

...it's Time For Arms To Be Legalised In Nigeria , Buhari! / Spanish Police Smash Nigerian Prostitution Ring / Should Abortion Be Legalised? And Why? Your View, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Swish(m): 1:11am On Dec 05, 2005
Just as you have in the rest of the world where you call some numbers and prostitutes come to you, do you think Nigeria will ever get to that stage say 10 years from now. I mean it being part of the Nigerian constitution.
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Oracle(m): 1:26am On Dec 05, 2005
well i dunno, but i strongly dont think it will be legalized
considering the name nigeria has when it comes to prostitution(italy girls)
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by hotangel2(f): 3:06am On Dec 05, 2005
Ermmm... why would we want that to happen?
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Seun(m): 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2005
So the rights of the women who participate in this business can be protected by law. We can't beat them, so why don't we join them?
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by prettyH(f): 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2005
From the way the world is going, never say never. At least south Africa just legalized gay marriages.
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Outkast(f): 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2005
I know right, man I'm still in shock about that whole thing
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by goodguy(m): 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2005
prettyH:

From the way the world is going, never say never. At least south Africa just legalized gay marriages.
I heard that on news yesterday too. South-Africa is the first African country to legalise marriages between gays.
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by seyefar(m): 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2005
left with me i think it's impossible even from now till the next fifty years.
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Seun(m): 2:55am On Dec 06, 2005
All it takes to legalize prostitution is a campaign from a couple of sweet talkers in the national house of assembly. Some of them will have to be women, and they'll need to spin stories about how prostitutes may be robbed or asaulted in the course of their business and won't be able to go to the police for fear of being arrested for prostitution.
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by prettyH(f): 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2005
True talk
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by otokx(m): 5:17pm On Dec 06, 2005
NEVER cause we are a religious people
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by prettyH(f): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2005
otokx, what makes us religious?
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by goodguy(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2005
I hear we're the most religious country in the world, yet, the 6th most corrupt grin
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by mide2(f): 2:27am On Dec 19, 2005
Never say Never.......Anything is possible. The world is sick
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by eveseh(f): 9:29pm On Apr 25, 2006
mide2:

Never say Never, Anything is possible. The world is sick
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided,yea it is
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by msnewbooty(f): 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2006
i dont know but i dont think it should that would encourage more people to do it and if it is the AIDS population would be even higher
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by styrax(m): 10:55am On May 12, 2008
What has legality got to do with??

Is it for acceptability or that public office holders caught with prostitutes wont be liable in the people's court or is that prostitution can be offered as a course in our schools.

Freedom Of Information Bill is there, they are still pushing it around. Constitution review to consider legality of prostitution is an absurdity in its entirety.
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by BlackMamba(m): 9:45pm On May 14, 2008
Is there a law against prostitution? Really? Brothels are open and notorious in most Naija cities and you can pick up "ashes" easily on the street. If there is a redundant statute banning prostitution in Naija, it has been replaced by general accepted practice over time.
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by manmustwac(m): 11:45pm On May 14, 2008
prostitution is everywhere in naija if i leave my house 4 lag in less dan five mins i 'll reach a brothel. i believe theres no ppoint in legalizing it coz it would just makes things worse. Coz there are so many prostitutes in nigeria dat u go get those where get license and those where no get. And those where no get go get wahallah wid police
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On May 15, 2008
@Poster, I do not know where in the rest of the world you live in but NO, prostitution is not legal in the rest of the world. Only in a couple of places. Why exactly does Nigeria need to legalize it ?? What problem exists now for prostitutes do you believe can be solved by legalizing it?? Is there data to support this push at all
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 6:08am On May 15, 2008
Nigerian universities are in fact brothels, with the boys actively pimping the girls, regardless of what the law says, therefore all such establishments should be subject to a federal small-business ( or BIG business ) tax, that will be assessed depending on the internal displacement of the hos involved.
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Blatant: 1:45pm On May 15, 2008
who told swish that prostitution is legalised in THE REST OF THE WORLD?

stop making untrue statements.

Jakumo:

Nigerian universities are in fact brothels, with the boys actively pimping the girls, regardless of what the law says, therefore all such establishments should be subject to a federal small-business ( or BIG business ) tax, that will be assessed depending on the internal displacement of the hos involved.

Jakumo, that is not reason to legalise it. Do you legislate a wrong thing as right simply because a lot of people are engaged in wrongdoing anyway?

Maybe we should legalise drug abuse and drug smuggling in America fort he Governmant to tax because very many of the youth are engaged in it anyway lipsrsealed
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 3:57pm On May 15, 2008
If the activities inside Nigerian universities could be reclassified as academic "Copulatory Proficiency Assessment" exercises for which college credit could be earned towards a diploma in Philosophy, then those part-timer uni girls would be able to work their way through school as they deem fit and without fear of having to give any away any free sessions to vice officers and such.

Taxes collected from such wholesome campus frolics as the above suggestion could be applied to the refurbishment of university campuses, many of whose infrastructure has been in disrepair for too long already. Alternatively the accrued tax revenue money could be embezelled by signatory government officials at source.
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Vuitton(m): 11:36am On Mar 11, 2010
@ Poster I dont see any need. It is already legal tongue
Re: Do you think Prostitution Can Ever Be Legalised In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 07, 2012
mide2: Never say Never.......Anything is possible. The world is sick
true

(1) (Reply)

OGUN ELECTIONS; A DANIEL HAS COME TO JUDGEMENT / Mubarak Desperately Clings To Power - Clock Ticking / Tafawa Balewa Square, Venue Of Gej's Rally Is Less Than A Quarter Filled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.