Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years (2120 Views)

FG Spends N3.42tn In Nine Months / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / PDP Wants Fashola Impeached Over Tolls On Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by chidichris(m): 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2007
FG Spends N299bn on Roads in 8 Years(this day, april 6) yet we have all the roads in the country in their worst shape.
please someone should reffer me to roads where these funds were used on.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Larufa(m): 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2007
chidichris:

FG Spends N299bn on Roads in 8 Years(this day, april 6) yet we have all the roads in the country in their worst shape.

1. Lagos - Ibadan Express Road
2. Sagamu-Ore-Benin Road
3. The new Ibadan- Ilorin
4. Ibadan-Ilesa-Akure
5. The new Isara-Ilisa-Ago Iwoye - Ijebu Igbo- Ife Road
6. Lagos- Abeokuta Express
7. Ikorodu-Sagamu Express

shocked shocked grin
All these roads are in the worst condition any road can ever be.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Bankole01(m): 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2007
Another glaring example of obasanjo chop belle full. EFFC where ya eye dey. nuhu Ribadu go blind to any OBJ and friend chop chop
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by lewa(m): 7:50pm On Apr 06, 2007
Wich road?Na hin i de tell tonim on a thread on BPU,ie due process!Wey EFCC,ICPC?
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2007
Those roads are on Jupiter.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by dazangel11(f): 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2007
Benin- Asaba-Onitsha Road was duallised
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2007
dazangel11:

Benin- Asaba-Onitsha Road was duallised

It took 8yrs and N299billion to do that?
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2007
Attached is an excel worksheet from the Federal Ministry of Works detailing roads ongoing construction/completed from 1999 to date.

Total ongoing construction [N186.767 Billion] + Total completed [N112.209 Biliion] = ~ N299 Billion

(see the tabs on the bottom for the ongoing & completed roads)

I don't know whether these roads were worked on or not because I am not physically in Nigeria. So please judge for yourself.

Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by adconline(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2007
Never ending Onitsha Owerri Road is still at 22.36% completion. This contract was awarded before elections of 2003 and its about 55 KM. About 35% of the total cost has been paid without considering the work done. Why is that the Ministry of Works did not specify when these contracts were awarded and date of completion.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by chidichris(m): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2007
what am not sure of is if Ribadu is leaving office with these roads still under these conditions and the funds have been released for the construction.
please Ribadu must stay and tell us what happen to these funds.
are we saying these companies have recieved the payments without executing the contracts or the big officials made the contracts on papers only while the funds go to their personal accounts.
what a horrible joke?
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by babasin(m): 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2007
@chidichris
please Ribadu must stay and tell us what happen to these funds.

This statement alone shows Nigeria would never progress!

so what if Ribadu drop dead tomorrow?

what institution have OBJ and Ribadu put in place to ensure corruption is reduced?

They ony shout and run-around after the money is already gone. This is not sustainabled
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 6:20am On Apr 17, 2007
Roads ongoing construction and completed by the federal government since 1999 :

www.fmw.gov.ng/Highways">http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:27fT4Tg-RQ8J:www.fmw.gov.ng/Highways%2520Projects(C%26R)%2520as%2520at%2520February%25202007.xls+HIGHWAYS+CONSTRUCTION+%26+REHABILITATION+DEPARTMENT+nigeria&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by lewa(m): 6:24am On Apr 17, 2007
No federal roads were done to completion after almost $3bn disappered under Anenih's watch!
Yet OBJs fans on this forum are silent on this~ hating Atiku seems to be their Achille's heel!
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 6:31am On Apr 17, 2007
Lewa,

You are getting the figures wrong. N299 B has been spent on roads from 1999 to date and the roads under construction & completed can be found here

www.fmw.gov.ng/Highways">http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:27fT4Tg-RQ8J:www.fmw.gov.ng/Highways%2520Projects(C%26R)%2520as%2520at%2520February%25202007.xls+HIGHWAYS+CONSTRUCTION+%26+REHABILITATION+DEPARTMENT+nigeria&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

The $2 or $3B figure spent by anenih is not true. Please visit this link I provided.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by lewa(m): 6:34am On Apr 17, 2007
bros i am not going to believe any nonsense posted on a FG website.Conservative estimates is at at least the range quoted!Do you know how much power generation,healthcare has cost this regime so far?
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 6:44am On Apr 17, 2007
Oga, I am not in Nigeria myself, so I really can't verify anything.

But the information provided by the federal works ministry doesn't look fake to me. One person on this thread has verified that it is true that the Benin-Asaba road was dualized (as shown by the link as completed).

The person that created this thread questioned how N299 Bn has been spent in 8 years and I have shown them how it was spent.

So, Oga Lewa, it is up to you to believe what the govt has stated on its website or not.

Personally, I think the works ministry info (on the link) is more accurate than the stuff posted on the news websites, because its there for all to see.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by lewa(m): 6:45am On Apr 17, 2007
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 6:52am On Apr 17, 2007
Lewa,

I briefly glanced through the link you provided and it states that the fed govt has spent  N900 Bn on roads so far.  How did the writer of that column come up with 900 billion naira ?

You see, this is where the problem lies. Who do you believe ? Someone that makes up numbers arbitrarily or the numbers from the govt website ?

The person that started this thread was right - it's N299 Bn spent to date and I have provided a link showing how it was spent.

If that guy can cook up a 900 billion naira figure like that, how do I know that everything else in his column isn't cooked up ?

My brother, if we want to criticize, we don't have to lie and exaggerate while we are at it.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by lewa(m): 6:52am On Apr 17, 2007
Oga, I am not in Nigeria myself, so I really can't verify anything
Me too! wink.

But the information provided by the federal works ministry doesn't look fake to me. One person on this thread has verified that it is true that the Benin-Asaba road was dualized (as shown by the link as completed).
Most important highways like Lagos-Ibadan,Benin-Ore etc are in such a deplorable state though
The person that created this thread questioned how N299 Bn has been spent in 8 years and I have shown them how it was spent
yup~misspent! grin.More than actual amount!
So, Oga Lewa, it is up to you to believe what the govt has stated on its website or not.
Govt that disobeys court orders,that has had its Atoorney General murdered ,rigged brazenly recent elections haba
Personally, I think the works ministry info (on the link) is more accurate than the stuff posted on the news websites, because its there for all to see
I beg to disagree bros!No info on any government site apart from NAFDAC,EFCC is to be believed!When was the site last updated sef?
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by chidichris(m): 6:58am On Apr 17, 2007
my dear, everything in nigeria looks real but looking real does not mean real.
ministry worksheet should reflect the roads we pass on daily bases.
it has nothing to do with political theories or economics theories but it has to be in festac or in aba or abuja and lagos not in the worksheet of the ministries alone.
what we have here is a bunch of trained deciepts.
if you have relatives living in any part of nigeria then find out from him or her about any of the roads close to him/her as reflected in the worksheet.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by lewa(m): 6:59am On Apr 17, 2007
Lewa,

I briefly glanced through the link you provided and it states that the fed govt has spent  N900 Bn on roads so far.  How did the writer of that column come up with 900 billion naira ?

You see this is where the problem lies. Who do you believe ? Someone that makes up number arbitrarily or the numbers from the govt website ?

The person that started this column was right - it's N299 Bn spent to date and I have provided a link showing how it was spent.

If that guy can cook up a 900 billion naira figure like that, how do I know that everything else in his column isn't cooked up ?

My brother, if we want to criticize, we don't have to lie and exaggerate whilw we are at it.
Bros i don't lie and have no flair for exaggeration!Pundits have added the money allocated to the Ministry in the budgets since 1999 and extra budgetary spending!They claim to have received what 300bn naira whereas infact more than that was allocated to the ministry!
I was home recently last year and the highways are in a derilict pitiful state!
Why do we argue about figures 300billion~900 billion whatever the roads are sill as they were with the elements adding their toll!
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 7:00am On Apr 17, 2007
lewa:

I beg to disagree bros!

Well, some people just don't like obasanjo and can't see any good in him (and his administration) no matter what.

lewa:

No info on any government site apart from NAFDAC,EFCC is to be believed!When was the site last updated sef?

The info was accurate as of Feb 2007.

Atleast someone on this thread has said the Asaba-Benin road was successfully dualized. So, the info on the website can't be totally inaccurate.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2007
lewa:

Bros i don't lie and have no flair for exaggeration!Pundits have added the money allocated to the Ministry in the budgets since 1999 and extra budgetary spending!They claim to have received what 300bn naira whereas infact more than that was allocated to the ministry!
I was home recently last year and the highways are in a derilict pitiful state!
Why do we argue about figures 300billion~900 billion whatever the roads are sill as they were with the elements adding their toll!

Did you write that column to the link you posted ? Because I was referring to the person that wrote it, not you.

Well, you have to provide proof that more than N300 Bn has been allocated to the ministry. I just can't take the words of these so called pundits.

@chidichris

I said earlier, I am not in Naija, so I really can't verify anything. All I know is that

1. I have seen the completed picture of the dualized Abuja-Keffi Road

2. Someone on this thread has said that yes, the asaba-benin road was truly dualized.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by lewa(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2007
The info was accurate as of Feb 2007.

At least someone on this thread has said the Asaba-Benin road was successfully dualized. So, the info on the website can't be totally untrue.

I don't know about that!My grouse is the mismanagement,corruption and lack of seriousness in delivering services to the people of Nigeria!Since 1999 the Ministry has not repaired the most important highways in Nigeria~it's a pity you are in the diaspora;every Nigerian knows this!
Funds allocated to the ministry for road maintenance and construction have found their way into private accounts'yet thousands die yearly as a result of unmotorable death traps!
OBJ is a rogue~ i detest the peasant nature of his and his attempts to rule roughshod over the Federal Constitution he swore to protect!The elections showed the level of disenchantment the people regard him and his milieu of louts.bandits and rogues!However my detesting him is not to the point of clouding my faculties
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by lewa(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2007
Bros wish we could continue work de later today!However would try to look for more references!
Aurevoir!
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2007
OK

next time sha grin
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by chidichris(m): 7:26am On Apr 17, 2007
in any case forget about the paid journalists who write anything to earn their money.
contact someone in nigeria and as about the states of our roads among other things.
hating obj or liking him cannot change the states of our roads.
Orji Uzo Kalu had a fight with Tony Annenih over funds released by fg for the so called lagos-benin expressway. the later asked him to keep quite because he (kalu) was among the governors that were returned to power with the help of the money and that was how the funds went.
money mearnt for roads were used to return governors for second tenure. 2003 election was the begining of balogun's(former inspector general of police) problem because it was believed most of the funds were paid to him to make sure the pdp rigged the election without problems.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 7:36am On Apr 17, 2007
This was the question that was posed at the inception of this thread:-

and I provided this link to account for how the N299 bn was spent:-

It clearly shows the break down of roads completed and those under construction and someone on this thread has already verified that yes, one of the roads shown on the website, the asaba-benin road, was indeed dualized.

Whether you choose to believe what's on the website or what is printed in the news media is entirely up to you.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 8:17am On Apr 17, 2007
chidichris:

money mearnt for roads were used to return governors for second tenure.

If you knew that the N299 Bn that was meant for the federal roads were used to return governors for their second tenure, why did you bother asking how the money was spent at the inception of this thread ?  Or was it just a rhetorical question ?

I have provided you with a link - raw evidence of how the N299 Bn was spent, but you are yet to comment on it.

chidichris:

2003 election was the begining of balogun's(former inspector general of police) problem because it was believed most of the funds were paid to him to make sure the pdp rigged the election without problems.

The money that Balogun stole that nailed him were from the funds allocated to the police. Ribadu had the evidence, showed it to OBJ and OBJ summoned Balogun to aso rock and asked him to account for the police money that was unaccounted for and traced to his accounts. Balogun could not answer ! That was when OBJ tongue lashed him and left the room. General Abdullahi Muhammed (rtd), OBJ's chief of staff, made balogun sign papers of resignation as IG of police on the spot.

So, I don't know what federal road's money has to do with Balogun's conviction. I heared otherwise.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by Colonia(m): 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2007
This must be a joke. I dont know what road(s) they are talking about.
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by chidichris(m): 7:45am On Apr 18, 2007
Gnature,
i think in you we have a man who can tell nigerians everything about situations in Aso Rock.
from your authoritative presentations, it seems u know it all.
please tell us how did the rigging take place in 2003? please do relate this to the contributions of the nigerian police in the mass rigging.
please if you have any senior police officer, ask him among the IGS nigeria police have had in recent times, who among them is the best.
99% of senior police officers i have met will tell u for sure that Balogun among others was the only one buying facilities for the force. if you have been critically following this administration and her politics, they are bent on calling the dog a bad name and then have a reason to waste the dog.
nobody can work under this administration without acting as a movie actor whose role is to interprete scripts.
were you not aware of the skillful removal of okonjo iweala or do u have a contradictory reason for his removal.
are you not following Atiku's issues? what about Orji Uzo kalu? the case of Alamasiya and that Andy Uba has no difference but what are their present situations?
what about NEPA(power holding) can u equally tell us how much that has been spent on that one and which parts of the country that are enjoying the rewards.
my dear i am here to tell you that lagos to east which in most cases take 6 hrs by road was a two days journey during xmas.
i am here to inform u that most of these contracts are awarded and excecuted on newspapers and other news media.
a clear case of contratc can been seen in Calabar where the governor exihibit the wonders of TINAPA
Re: Fg Spends N299bn On Roads In 8 Years by GNature(m): 7:55am On Apr 18, 2007
chidichris:

Gnature,
i think in you we have a man who can tell nigerians everything about situations in Aso Rock.
from your authoritative presentations, it seems u know it all.

I am not saying I know it all, not at all my brother.

You asked about how N299 bn was spent and I showed you how it was spent. All that stuff you wrote has absolutely nothing to do with my response.

No need to go into NEPA, Orji Kalu, and Tinapa, abi is that what your topic says ? You asked a question at the inception of this thread and I answered it. Shikena.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mobil Producing Nig. Unlimited Denies Patent Owner His Right -another Oppressed / Why Won't Nigerian Politicians Answer Their Email? / Dubai Paradise Aisles Are Sinking - I Hope Lagos Is Watching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.