Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married (42850 Views)

A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... / My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by YourCoffin: 9:43am On Jan 04, 2017
Quintessential1:

Lmao... This is my cue to bolt! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

The world is round. Your starting point might end up being your ending point. Keep that in mind as you bolt. undecided undecided Still pray for me sha nd I'd do the same for you
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by Quintessential1(f): 9:46am On Jan 04, 2017
YourCoffin:

The world is round. Your starting point might end up being your ending point. Keep that in mind as you bolt. undecided undecided Still pray for me sha nd I'd do the same for you

Alright.
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by ebujany(m): 9:49am On Jan 04, 2017
Chicybez:
I feel his pain because I perfectly understand where he is coming from but his past can not mare his future. Let him come to me, so we can reason together (lol) cool cool cool
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by quintybabe(f): 10:15am On Jan 04, 2017
One can still grow up in a family setting and grow up love less! It's just unfortunate that ur friend believes his in ability to express his emotion is because we didn't grow up with his parent but in truth it's not everybody that grew up with their family, some just like him grow up with grandparents and they came out right. Your friend problem isn't about the environment he grew up but about his mind set.
My house is such that we have family friends, cousins and even stranger growing up with us but one thing I have come to learn with one particular cousin of mine though young is that when other children living with us are very free around me my mother, he will seclude himself and sit by a corner when others are sharing a sofa with family members he will be the only one sitting on the floor. Why? He never sees himself as part of the family, thank God he didnt stay beyond 4yrs but if he has to spent more, such behavour would have continue. Bottom line, it's ur friend mentality that drove him to is lack of affection and not the excuse of having grown up with his grandma[b][/b]
Solution:
Your friend needs to change his mind set, he has to see that his problem is within and not with others. One has to give love to receive it, so tell your friend to learn to express love to others even if it kills him to at first with time he won't find it difficult. Even if he married d most loving and docile woman on earth, he will with his mindest drove her to insanity! It's about a change of mind set and attitude and the great change will begin.
Finally is ur friend a xtain? If yes let him move closer to God and read his bible very well and pray to God to let His love abound in his heart. I wish him the best!

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
kateskitty:

Judge me all you want. That just shows your lack of intelligence. Where I come from kitty also means bank or savings and not only pussy like where your dirty, dumb mind is thinking about. angry

All those vile words came from within the confines of that cute head? Unbelievable. Have you no sense of humour? Gosh.
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by abimbawealth(f): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
Oloniyan:

Lol......alright.

PMed you though
Hehehehehehe
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by kateskitty(f): 12:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
Haute:

All those vile words came from within the confines of that cute head? Unbelievable. Have you no sense of humour? Gosh.
You started it when you decided to judge me
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by Oloniyan(m): 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
abimbawealth:

Hehehehehehe

Meaning
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by jabojafa(m): 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
so how has he bn relating with d ladies he has been lashing evry4 months? Tell him so jst starting readin marriage/relatnshp books, attending seminars on relatnshp and he shd look in d bible becos God's formula for a successful marriage can be seen in it.
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by abimbawealth(f): 7:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
Oloniyan:

Meaning
Hi
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by Oloniyan(m): 7:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
abimbawealth:
Hi
acknowledge my pm
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by abimbawealth(f): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
Oloniyan:

acknowledge my pm
Alright
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by gurusubai7(m): 8:52am On Nov 19, 2018
Oloniyan:
My Friend just confided in me the real reason he has been avoiding and evading any discussion that has to do with marital affairs.

This guy is a very handsome dude and a jovial kind of being. I noticed that since I've known him that he hasn't keep any relationship beyond 4 months. I used to brushed this off with the reason that my friend must be a playboy until yesterday evening when he opened up to me because of his 'High' state grin

He told me he was born out of wedlock and he was taken from his mother when he was just a year plus (as he was told) to be living with his paternal Grandmother. The Grandparents were farmers and they have little or no time to attend to his mental developments.

He told me that doesn't remember any bit about any 'reasonable' time spent with his real dad or mom before he lost them at his teens age.

Now to cut the story short, he said he couldn't bring himself to understand what a Parental care or love is. He doesn't know anything about family setup because the people he lived with in his early age were farmer that start their daily routine of farming as early as 6am and ends it around 6pm which hindered them from showing him that love or care he craves for.

The fear in his mind now is how he's gonna be relating with any woman he marry? How do families relate together? What does it takes to be a loving, caring and responsible father? Mind you these are what he couldn't get as a person to the extent that he has been finding it difficult to hold any lady down cos they used to complained that he is too cold. and he told me he is trying his possible best to be romantic.

He told me that he don't wanna be like his father or mother. He don't wanna fail his own family.

Dear Nairalanders, Please my guy needs mature advise cos he told me that he is contemplating impregnating any lady and accept the kid and not the mother. I told him he is on the way to creating another version of him.

Please Your Advise and counseling might save a traumatised fellow.

Mods.....please move this to front page for my guy sake....he is also a Nairalander and might see this. thanks

My brother man and sister woman, quite a number of unseen forces are active in the love and marriage lives of countless people and they don’t even know it. For instance what we call Destiny, fate is active in marriage meaning certain people are destined not to find true love and despite all their human effort they will never find true love.
Re: Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married by shugasofttouch: 9:05am On Nov 19, 2018
Oloniyan:
My Friend just confided in me the real reason he has been avoiding and evading any discussion that has to do with marital affairs.

This guy is a very handsome dude and a jovial kind of being. I noticed that since I've known him that he hasn't keep any relationship beyond 4 months. I used to brushed this off with the reason that my friend must be a playboy until yesterday evening when he opened up to me because of his 'High' state grin

He told me he was born out of wedlock and he was taken from his mother when he was just a year plus (as he was told) to be living with his paternal Grandmother. The Grandparents were farmers and they have little or no time to attend to his mental developments.

He told me that doesn't remember any bit about any 'reasonable' time spent with his real dad or mom before he lost them at his teens age.

Now to cut the story short, he said he couldn't bring himself to understand what a Parental care or love is. He doesn't know anything about family setup because the people he lived with in his early age were farmer that start their daily routine of farming as early as 6am and ends it around 6pm which hindered them from showing him that love or care he craves for.

The fear in his mind now is how he's gonna be relating with any woman he marry? How do families relate together? What does it takes to be a loving, caring and responsible father? Mind you these are what he couldn't get as a person to the extent that he has been finding it difficult to hold any lady down cos they used to complained that he is too cold. and he told me he is trying his possible best to be romantic.

He told me that he don't wanna be like his father or mother. He don't wanna fail his own family.

Dear Nairalanders, Please my guy needs mature advise cos he told me that he is contemplating impregnating any lady and accept the kid and not the mother. I told him he is on the way to creating another version of him.

Please Your Advise and counseling might save a traumatised fellow.

Mods.....please move this to front page for my guy sake....he is also a Nairalander and might see this. thanks
He needs counseling. I know of a friend who can counsel him. Every December, he gives free counseling without charges let me know if he would be willing to be counseled then would send u his location.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why you Shouldn't Leave Your Parents House When You're Not Capable / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? / Mother Of Eight Loses 40-year Marriage For Denying Husband Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.