Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady (3205 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Royal Father In Sex Scandal With Disabled Woman Of Four (Pictured) / Mother Admits She Killed Her Three Disabled Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by lovelynk(f): 6:14am On Nov 21, 2009
sometime ago, a friend of my Mum invited us to her son's wedding.It happened  that the son was blind and the wife:she was a very beautiful lady with good education and a good job.

Also,there was this lady that was invited to give a special song ministration in our church way back.she was in a wheel chair and she sang so beautifully.Suprisingly,the gentleman that pushed the wheel chair was her husband and the two teenagers that played the instruments were their kids.

Recently,my friend towed the same path.he married a lady with a physical disability.they dated for 4 years b4 the marriage.Somhow,his parents loved the girl and he actually told me that wn he told his parents he has seen his wife his dad said if it is not that girl that comes here count me out.It happend to be the girl so there were no objections.I spoke wt him and he said he loved her and will make up for wateva defects

This got me thinking
How many of us can do that and how do u stand up to oppostion from friends,families etc ?
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by coolier(f): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2009
Am afraid am going to say No. I love them though.
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Busybody2(f): 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2009
You can't choose your fate or destiny, and not everyone is born disabled at birth, and no one knows what is around the corner, one could step out of the house and get knocked over by a car and lose a body part, so is this kinda tantamount to saying disabled people should go and commit suicide undecided Just asking lipsrsealed
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by coolier(f): 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2009
Busy_body:

You can't choose your fate or destiny, and not everyone is born disabled at birth, and no one knows what is around the corner, one could step out of the house and get knocked over by a car and lose a body part,

You're putting sentiments into it!

Busy_body:

so is this kinda tantamount to saying disabled people should go and commit suicide undecided Just asking lipsrsealed

Nobody has said that and you haven't answered the question , it is can you marry a disabled guy/lady? Simple.

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Busybody2(f): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2009
coolier:

You're putting sentiments into it!

Nobody has said that and you haven't answered the question , it is can you marry a disabled guy/lady? Simple.

Err Judge Cool, is applying sentiments to one's comment a violation of Nairaland's forum's rules undecided Err . . . I didn't think so cool

Madam Judge Cool, is it your own response that is adequate "you love them" - how condescending - as if that is a favour they should kiss your feet for undecided

And now that you've asked for it, FYI, it was the way you said "them" that prompted my response to this thread, to bring you back to planet Earth with a bump, that IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE, ANYTIME, INCLUDING YOU cool  Very simple too wink
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by lovelynk(f): 2:19am On Nov 22, 2009
coolier:

Am afraid am going to say No. I love them though.

Why? u said u love dem,so why wont u?

Busy_body:

You can't choose your fate or destiny, and not everyone is born disabled at birth, and no one knows what is around the corner, one could step out of the house and get knocked over by a car and lose a body part, so is this kinda tantamount to saying disabled people should go and commit suicide undecided Just asking lipsrsealed

my question is for a guy/lady that is already in that condition b4 the meeting and not somone who was hale and healthy and suddenly for one reason or the other became handicapped.
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by nnabsc(m): 2:27am On Nov 22, 2009
my wife has a physical disability and i married.We dated/courted for 3 years b4 the marriage and have been married for 2 years.i loved her so much because thought disabled,she carried herself with so much grace and dignity that won my admiration.Besides,she was very brillaint,having the 2nd best result in our school on her graduation.
Recentl,god blessed us with a baby.so far we r so happy and i have no regrets whatsoev.As far as i know she is a complete woman and all that i want in a wife.

5 Likes

Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Busybody2(f): 3:34am On Nov 22, 2009
lovelynk:

Why? u said u love dem,so why wont u?

my question is for a guy/lady that is already in that condition b4 the meeting and not somone who was hale and healthy and suddenly for one reason or the other became handicapped.

I understand what you are trying to say, but true love does not discriminate, it shouldn't undecided
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by coolier(f): 9:13am On Nov 22, 2009
lovelynk:

Why? u said u  love dem,so why wont u?

Because 'am not in love with any of them

Busy_body:

Madam Judge Cool, is it your own response that is adequate "you love them" - how condescending - as if that is a favour they should kiss your feet for undecided

I repeat I love them. I didn't know that loving your neighbour is condescending and considered a favour! But now that you have said it, maybe you can tell us what is so condescending about loving them.

Busy_body:

I understand what you are trying to say, but true love does not discriminate, it shouldn't undecided

But then where is the true love when you don't even have any feeling whatsoever for someone in the first place? This is all about feelings, not discrimination.

Busy_body:

to bring you back to planet Earth with a bump, that IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE, ANYTIME, INCLUDING YOU cool 

Bull shit!
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Secretz(f): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2009
Other than being born with a disability, becoming disabled through an accident etc can happen to anyone. As for me, I really don't know, it really depends on many factors such as the disability, my lifestyle bla bla bla, but you may well indeed be surprised that love happens . undecided
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Busybody2(f): 3:02am On Nov 23, 2009
coolier:

Because 'am not in love with any of them

I repeat I love them. I didn't know that loving your neighbour is condescending and considered a favour! But now that you have said it, maybe you can tell us what is so condescending about loving them.

But then where is the true love when you don't even have any feeling whatsoever for someone in the first place? This is all about feelings, not discrimination.

Bull shit!

Yeah I bet they are happy Coolier loves them, cos they are not human beings but are part of another world, they are grateful for extending your precious love to them undecided undecided undecided

Not surprised to see the message was lost on you, it went in one ear, and came out of the other rightaway cos there was no brain to decipher the information, TYPICAL lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Oh, and we are glad to know that it is bullshit to think you can be afflicted with a disability too cos you are a precious, infallible, omnipotent being and that those it happened/happens to are just being dealt with by karma for something they did in the past undecided I give up cool

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Fhemmmy: 6:32am On Nov 23, 2009
i am not sure if i can . . .
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by tRoOE(f): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2009
Sorry to say I can not ooooo, only if he got disabled during d marriage(lol in fact i rebuke that in Jesus name, dnt knw what kind of angel is passing thru)!!!lmfao
Kudos to them peeps marryin disable, but my love never reach that level yet
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Sissy3(f): 7:41am On Nov 23, 2009
@ post

genuine loves knows no disability or ability. when it comes to genuine love there are no boundaries. you dont set limit on love. its easier and safer to say no or yes now, but life is full of uncertainties and tomorrow is pregnant who knows what it will give birth to?
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by tRoOE(f): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2009
LMFAO genuine love cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The only love that truly exist is between a child/parent
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Sissy3(f): 8:09am On Nov 23, 2009
dont get confused by "genuine" maybe you havent experience it. ok, lemme use the popular love "true love" or real love tongue
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 23, 2009
@ topic

Normal "able" people already piss me off.
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by tRoOE(f): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2009
True love ahahahah, or u meant lust
I might have experienced it cheesy cheesy, but I don't believe it exist like we all imagine
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by sexyLeamon(f): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2009
I would like to think I would but never came across in a situation where a disable person liked me or i liked him
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 23, 2009
You would like to or you could?
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Sissy3(f): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2009
@tRoOE

nah, i dont mean lust or infatuation. i mean genuine love. dont really fancy those true love phrases, cox they have truly lost their meanings these days.
yea, it might be hard and even more harder for many ppl these days to believe that there is such in these day and time, due to all the abuse and bad raps "love" gets nowadays but believe you me, it does exist. :
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by tRoOE(f): 8:47am On Nov 23, 2009
Was just kdding wit you
Offcourse I do believe Real Love exits b/c ve once experienced , but it a pity it doesn't exist anymore in world
My heart needs to be protected from this thing called love cheesy grin
But Will i give true luv a chance? Not likely or Never
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Sissy3(f): 9:56am On Nov 23, 2009
tRoOE:

Was just kdding wit you
Offcourse I do believe Real Love exits b/c ve once experienced , but it a pity it doesn't exist anymore in world

okie tongue. it still does exist though
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 23, 2009
It's sad though, we tend to make lifelong decisions based on physical appearances. That a man/woman is disabled shouldn't count. What matter us who he/she is and if they are worth taking the long road of life with!

Honestly, I dont know if I can . . but I wish that if ever I'm faced with such a situation, I'll be wise enough to overlook the irrelevant disability! undecided
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by coolier(f): 11:08am On Nov 23, 2009
Busy_body:

Yeah I bet they are happy Coolier loves them, cos they are not human beings but are part of another world, they are grateful for extending your precious love to them undecided undecided undecided

Not surprised to see the message was lost on you, it went in one ear, and came out of the other rightaway cos there was no brain to decipher the information, TYPICAL lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Oh, and we are glad to know that it is bullshit to think you can be afflicted with a disability too cos you are a precious, infallible, omnipotent being and that those it happened/happens to are just being dealt with by karma for something they did in the past undecided I give up cool

You read the whole thing upside down am not surprised.
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Pharoh: 2:14pm On Nov 23, 2009
Waoh so many half truth, honesty and hypocrisy in the responses here cool
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Busybody2(f): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2009
coolier:

You read the whole thing upside down am not surprised.

[s]Hmmn, the response of a drowning rat clutching at straws cool [/s]  Arrgghhh, lets just get along for getting along sake, here's my olive branch kiss

~Sissy~:

@ post

genuine loves knows no disability or ability. when it comes to genuine love there are no boundaries. you dont set limit on love. its easier and safer to say no or yes now, but life is full of uncertainties and tomorrow is pregnant who knows what it will give birth to?

That is some really correct pregnant yarn you just spurn there, may God continue to replenish your wisdom wink

tRoOE:

Now here's a sisthren after my own heart cheesy I don't know about the reason for your stance but as for me, I have experienced true love before too, but with the shortage of men out there currently at the ratio of one man to 10 women, I can no longer bring my humble self to be greedy wishing and hoping to fall in love again, so I feel I should give others a chance to experience this kinda love too tongue cheesy

I am doing it for God too, He loves a cheerful giver like me so I dash the other girls the chance tongue
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by emerika(m): 8:28am On Sep 09, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]I read this thread with keen interest but with much anger. FYO I'm a disabled guy but I didn't lose a limb nor an eye nor an ankle... mine z d most misunderstood disability cos its not physical... I possess all d qualities gala want in a guy-intelligence, romance, joviality. I write songs, poems, I draw & paint, I'm a teacher & resource person, I hv a B.Sc.... I want to be LOVED...but shd I be denied love because I'm DEAF undecidedI read this thread with keen interest but with much anger. FYO I'm a disabled guy but I didn't lose a limb nor an eye nor an ankle... mine z d most misunderstood disability cos its not physical... I possess all d qualities gala want in a guy-intelligence, romance, joviality. I write songs, poems, I draw & paint, I'm a teacher & resource person, I hv a B.Sc.... I want to be LOVED...but shd I be denied love because I'm DEAF

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
in obama's voice, 'yes we can'
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
emerika: [color=#006600][/color]I read this thread with keen interest but with much anger. FYO I'm a disabled guy but I didn't lose a limb nor an eye nor an ankle... mine z d most misunderstood disability cos its not physical... I possess all d qualities gala want in a guy-intelligence, romance, joviality. I write songs, poems, I draw & paint, I'm a teacher & resource person, I hv a B.Sc.... I want to be LOVED...but shd I be denied love because I'm DEAF undecidedI read this thread with keen interest but with much anger. FYO I'm a disabled guy but I didn't lose a limb nor an eye nor an ankle... mine z d most misunderstood disability cos its not physical... I possess all d qualities gala want in a guy-intelligence, romance, joviality. I write songs, poems, I draw & paint, I'm a teacher & resource person, I hv a B.Sc.... I want to be LOVED...but shd I be denied love because I'm DEAF
if u have dough, it won't matter anymore. ladies love dough more than oxygen
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by Haywhymido(m): 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Am d type of person dat live as d day comes by. If i will do dat or nt tomorrow shall tell.
Re: Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady by egopersonified(f): 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sincerely I dont think I can. I never place myself in situations to even get close to them, becos love can grow in the most unexpected places. Really need to upgrade my mentality on this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Women Like Calling Each Other Ashawo! / You Have Reason To Be Happy This Christmas, Please Come In / Black Strap Molasses [it's A Sugar Byproduct] Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.