Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce (80961 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers / Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
Martinez19:
you are very correct, the op doesn't what to take the wife as she is but instead want her to conform to his standard and meet his herculean expectations. If he loves her, there should be mutual understanding and effective communication on this matter.

What does the op mean by "deliberately take in.."? Is he not the one producing sperm? The op no try at all. His wife needs to be accepted the way she is and he must acknowledge her limits. She can still do something greet within her limits.

Exactly! Spot on!

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
Now that I have read the entire story, I have HBP.

*exits*
Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by avicky(f): 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
Catalin:
You knew she was a third Class graduate and went ahead to marry her, what did you expect? Now you are complaining about her grammar.
Your wife is unintelligent and she doesn't want to stress herself in school, why push her when you know her capabilities.

You say she takes in every time even though you want only 3kids. Are you not the one producing the sperm? I am not understanding.
you guys should go to your doctor and choose a family planning method that will suit you or you might end up with 10kids.

About her clothing issues, why not buy her new set of clothes like bum shorts, sexy gowns and lingeries. Married women most times forget that men are moved by what they see cos they are now married and the think the don't need to impress anyone anymore.There is no crime in buying her clothes you want her to wear.

Why not teach her how to speak good English since she does not want to enroll in school?

Open a small scale business for her and if she refuse to do or mismanage it, then don't give her money for upkeep anymore.

Save your marriage, don't divorce her, divorce will affect your kids I tell you.
Best advice so far. Divorce is not the solution.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by wonukwuru(m): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
I have taken time to read all your wonderful comments, even though some are very insulting. For crying out loud, why will come online to discuss my family if I don't need a solution? I said in my post that my wife deliberately takes in anytime I remind her of what to do to assist in the family. Some of you are asking if I'm not the person doing it and why don't I use condom. For your information, my wife is the type that does not like her husband using condom on her. In fact, the day she saw condom in the house, she went to our pastor to report me that I'm using it outside. Her reasoning is that anybody with a condom is an "ashawo". On the other issue, it's not as if I never noticed her academic backwardness during our courtshithough my thought was that she will improve beside, she had over 2years extra for a course of 4years and by then we are already married. So, how could I have known that she will graduate with 3rd class? Believe me guys, I cannot lie against her on this platform. All I have said is nothing but the truth. Ok, tell me, will I stop sleeping with my wife? I have even complained to the sisters. I did not initiate this post to be rediculed, all I need is matured advice on how to handle the situation. Agreed, I made a mistake by marrying her in the first place, but it has already happened, what do I do? I'm not foolish or careless as somebody commented above.

31 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by uboma(m): 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2017
wonukwuru:
I have taken time to read all your wonderful comments, even though some are very insulting. For crying out loud, why will come online to discuss my family if I don't need a solution? I said in my post that my wife deliberately takes in anytime I remind her of what to do to assist in the family. Some of you are asking if I'm not the person doing it and why don't I use condom. For your information, my wife is the type that does not like her husband using condom on her. In fact, the day she saw condom in the house, she went to our pastor to report me that I'm using it outside. Her reasoning is that anybody with a condom is an "ashawo". On the other issue, it's not as if I never noticed her academic backwardness during our courtshithough my thought was that she will improve beside, she had over 2years extra for a course of 4years and by then we are already married. So, how could I have known that she will graduate with 3rd class? Believe me guys, I cannot lie against her on this platform. All I have said is nothing but the truth. Ok, tell me, will I stop sleeping with my wife? I have even complained to the sisters. I did not initiate this post to be rediculed, all I need is matured advice on how to handle the situation. Agreed, I made a mistake by marrying her in the first place, but it has already happened, what do I do? I'm not foolish or careless as somebody commented above.

I usually do not meddle in the affairs of others but your story is first, amusing and secondly, I see you as the problem here.

Noted, your wife isn't sound academically and she is afraid to fail again, no wonder she turned down the opportunity of running a PGD and the IT course.
As the husband, you should assist her instead of bringing her down both in private and in public. You mentioned stumbling on a Cover Letter she once wrote to apply for a teacher in a school. This effort alone shows that she is willing to do something on her own but afraid of her limitations. Instead of criticizing the Cover Letter and pointing out the blunders, why not have a private chat with her away from the children and assist her to rewrite the Cover Letter. Correct her with love and you will see the improvement your wife will make.

As for hanging your boots, have you discussed with your wife about going for Family Planning? She doesn't like the use of Condoms, there are safe implants for women which she may be willing to take if she is aware. Visit the nearest Family Planning unit in a Govt. hospital with your wife for the options suitable for both of you.

All the best to you

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by Martinez19(m): 9:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
wonukwuru:
if your wife can't do it wink with condom, then she(not you) must find a way to do it wink such that she will not take in. Simple as that. Failure is either no sex or abortion straight up angry (fear am small wink).

The solution here is to recognize the limitations of your wife abilities and let her work within it. She is unintelligent? fine, don't push her to withstand academic stress that she is not interested in and able to cope with intellectually. I believe she can do something great within her capacity and be of good help to the family. Don't always try to have things your way.

The fact that she wants to open a shop shows you that she wants to be productive. Your job is to support her with what she needs. She must not have learnt under somebody. Opening a shop is not rocket science. Please stop expecting her to be the super smart and sophisticated mom who can speak good English and do your children's homework. She was honest with you that she can't stand academic rigor.

If you want her dressing to change, talk to her about it one on one and hear what she thinks about it. You can go out of your way to buy cloths for her and get rid of the old ones gradually. You are yet to complain about any character flaw like her being disrespectful, insultive, wayward e.t.c I think that is good news. I think your wife loves you or doesn't she? If she loves you then that's good news. You can hardly find such ladies without these flaws. Love is the most important thing.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by yetseyi(f): 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
Mr wonukwuru not everybody has the zeal or the capacity to study, you should have seen this in your wife. You really don't need to send her to further her education, she already has a degree cert at least, find ways of polishing her to your standard, help her to be able to read and write properly, If you need to buy queen primer and brighter grammar (if it still exists) please do.

Just curious would you have sent her away already if you didn't do court marriage ?(as implied in the last statement of your opening post)

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by shanicemel(f): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
[quote author=wonukwuru post=52500821]I am adult married to a lady of 35years. We have been married since 2007. God has blessed us with 3 wonderful children( 2 boys and 1 girl). Before we got married, i agreed with my wife that i only want to have 2 kids ( I wouldnt mind if they just boys or girls. That means, Im not particular of the sex of the kids). My wife is a B.sc Accounting graduate, while myself, I am a Chartered Accountant, with a well paid job. My wife had a 3rd class degree. On several occassions, i have told her to go back to school for Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in order to upgrade, but she plainly told me that she cannot go back to school again. When i asked her why, she told me that her brain cannot withstand any academic stree again. I also suggested to her, since you studied accounting in the university, why not enroll for ICAN program? When i said that to her, she told me that she could not go for PGD, is it ICAN that she can do? I have been thinking, what will i do for her to be like others.

Luckly, was transferred to Benin. I went with my family to Benin. We stayed over 4years in Benin. While we were in Benin, I told my wife to go and enroll for a 6months diploma programm in computer (because she is not computer literate). I paid over N110,000 for the 6months programme. My wife only went for the programme for 1month and stopped. She refused to complete the program. When I asked her, she told me that she will go back after she had "put to bed"( Then she was pregnant). Guys, its over two years now and the baby is even in pre-nursery school, yet my wife has not reminded me of going back to complete the programme.

Last year, she asked me to open a store for her, that she want to go into trading. When I asked her the nature of the business, she said, she wants to deal on selling rice, beans, yams, groundnut oil, etc. I now suggested that it will not be a problem, but she has to look for somebody who is already in the business so as to understudy the person for atleast 1month. She refused, saying that without her understudying anybody, that she can still make it. I told her that my reason of suggesting to her to understudy somebody was that, i wanted her to be selling in wholesale. My plan was to give like N1.5million. I told her, i cannot just release N1.5million to her for a business that she did not learn. I told her that N1.5million is not a small money. Brethren, that was why up til now, i have not opened the business for her.

My children's school fees is over N650,00 per term for the 3 kids. I provide for feeding. My wife does not want to do anything as to assist me in the family. I give her money for her hair, cream, bathing soap, panties and clothing. Im really getting tired. My salary does not carry the family again because of too much expenses.

Another problem now is, my wife's dressing is nothing to write home about. She dresses as if she is in her late 60s. I have complained to her on several occasion that i dont like the way she dresses, but each time i bring up the issue, she will get angry. People around, have meeting my sisters to tell them that my wife does not dress well as somebody that has gone to the university. Even in my house, my wife only tires wrapper. Nothing in her again attracts me to her. Infact, for the past 3 months, i have not slept with her. I sleep in the parlour while she sleeps in the bed room.

Else, i forget, my wife delibrately "took in" again since July last year. This is after we agreed that the 3 kids that we already have is enough. Her method is, each time i remind her of what to do as to be assisting me in the family, she will delibrately "take in".

My wife, went to the university but she cannot speak simple and correct english. She cannot write application letter. She cannot teach my kids who are in primary 2 and 5 respectively. I pay a lesson teacher N30,000 monthly for my kids but my wife is at home doing nothing. Since we got married, my wife has not sent me text message on her phone more than 3times. The ones that she sent, my brothers, there are lots of gramatical blunders. When i confronted her with the text message, she could not say anything. I was checking for some documents in my room last week, and i came across an application that my wife wrote to submit to a private school where she wants to teach. When i saw the letter, believe me, my brothers, one of my kids that is in primary 5 cannot write such rubbish.

What i thought she was before i married her, is not what she is. I cannot take her out for an occassion because she may embarrase me by her conduct in the public. I need a divorce but the problem now is, i did i court wedding with her. What should i do? Im confused. quote]

Hmm the matter o critical gannnn!.ooo. Pls speak to a marriage counsellor.
Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by cococandy(f): 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2017
Your wife is the perfect woman for all those traditional men who believe in 100% division of gender roles. Sorry

14 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by avicky(f): 10:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
wonukwuru:
Maybe you should use withdrawal method because you have to perform your conjugal rights and I know she won't want to go for family planning. Communicate with her, you can call a family member who is elderly that she listens to or your pastor. Let's see what happens. Or better still see a marriage counsellor.

You can't change anyone that's the mistake you made. Tutor and correct her with love and not disdain.
Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by MrHenshaw: 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2017
wonukwuru:
I am adult married to a lady of 35years. We have been married since 2007. God has blessed us with 3 wonderful children( 2 boys and 1 girl). Before we got married, i agreed with my wife that i only want to have 2 kids ( I wouldnt mind if they just boys or girls. That means, Im not particular of the sex of the kids). My wife is a B.sc Accounting graduate, while myself, I am a Chartered Accountant, with a well paid job. My wife had a 3rd class degree. On several occassions, i have told her to go back to school for Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in order to upgrade, but she plainly told me that she cannot go back to school again. When i asked her why, she told me that her brain cannot withstand any academic stree again. I also suggested to her, since you studied accounting in the university, why not enroll for ICAN program? When i said that to her, she told me that she could not go for PGD, is it ICAN that she can do? I have been thinking, what will i do for her to be like others.

Luckly, was transferred to Benin. I went with my family to Benin. We stayed over 4years in Benin. While we were in Benin, I told my wife to go and enroll for a 6months diploma programm in computer (because she is not computer literate). I paid over N110,000 for the 6months programme. My wife only went for the programme for 1month and stopped. She refused to complete the program. When I asked her, she told me that she will go back after she had "put to bed"( Then she was pregnant). Guys, its over two years now and the baby is even in pre-nursery school, yet my wife has not reminded me of going back to complete the programme.

Last year, she asked me to open a store for her, that she want to go into trading. When I asked her the nature of the business, she said, she wants to deal on selling rice, beans, yams, groundnut oil, etc. I now suggested that it will not be a problem, but she has to look for somebody who is already in the business so as to understudy the person for atleast 1month. She refused, saying that without her understudying anybody, that she can still make it. I told her that my reason of suggesting to her to understudy somebody was that, i wanted her to be selling in wholesale. My plan was to give like N1.5million. I told her, i cannot just release N1.5million to her for a business that she did not learn. I told her that N1.5million is not a small money. Brethren, that was why up til now, i have not opened the business for her.

My children's school fees is over N650,00 per term for the 3 kids. I provide for feeding. My wife does not want to do anything as to assist me in the family. I give her money for her hair, cream, bathing soap, panties and clothing. Im really getting tired. My salary does not carry the family again because of too much expenses.

Another problem now is, my wife's dressing is nothing to write home about. She dresses as if she is in her late 60s. I have complained to her on several occasion that i dont like the way she dresses, but each time i bring up the issue, she will get angry. People around, have meeting my sisters to tell them that my wife does not dress well as somebody that has gone to the university. Even in my house, my wife only tires wrapper. Nothing in her again attracts me to her. Infact, for the past 3 months, i have not slept with her. I sleep in the parlour while she sleeps in the bed room.

Else, i forget, my wife delibrately "took in" again since July last year. This is after we agreed that the 3 kids that we already have is enough. Her method is, each time i remind her of what to do as to be assisting me in the family, she will delibrately "take in".

My wife, went to the university but she cannot speak simple and correct english. She cannot write application letter. She cannot teach my kids who are in primary 2 and 5 respectively. I pay a lesson teacher N30,000 monthly for my kids but my wife is at home doing nothing. Since we got married, my wife has not sent me text message on her phone more than 3times. The ones that she sent, my brothers, there are lots of gramatical blunders. When i confronted her with the text message, she could not say anything. I was checking for some documents in my room last week, and i came across an application that my wife wrote to submit to a private school where she wants to teach. When i saw the letter, believe me, my brothers, one of my kids that is in primary 5 cannot write such rubbish.

What i thought she was before i married her, is not what she is. I cannot take her out for an occassion because she may embarrase me by her conduct in the public. I need a divorce but the problem now is, i did i court wedding with her. What should i do? Im confused.

Sorry,you didn't project that u will arrive well soon and u were ok with what u saw ab initio.Now your new status is calling for upgrade and she can't meet up.
Pls this is a lesson to both gender,never settle for less no matter d situation.D challenge can't last forever.Stick to your dream.If this is a true story,Contact me i will assist you.l don't advice any ill treatment to her.Cheers!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by ugochukwufrenzy: 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
Who has a fvck....please borrow me....
Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by thesuave10(m): 10:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
I know someone who could help . 1bkaye you might wanna bring popcorn along as you read this one grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
maxti:
i confuse pass u bro.
Over confuse sef

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by 0luwatope(m): 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2017
Amelian:

Extremely foolish.. I swear!
he is not foolish, he made a foolish mistake, don't make his pains harder by your comment

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by yinkslinks(m): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
To me all you complained of are baseless. You should be thanking God you married a good woman who loves kids and can take in every touch by you. Also thank God you didn't marry a classy wasteful cheating wife. Young man stop complaining cus you are blessed. don't allow the devil to break your home. Good luck
wonukwuru:
I am adult married to a lady of 35years. We have been married since 2007. God has blessed us with 3 wonderful children( 2 boys and 1 girl). Before we got married, i agreed with my wife that i only want to have 2 kids ( I wouldnt mind if they just boys or girls. That means, Im not particular of the sex of the kids). My wife is a B.sc Accounting graduate, while myself, I am a Chartered Accountant, with a well paid job. My wife had a 3rd class degree. On several occassions, i have told her to go back to school for Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in order to upgrade, but she plainly told me that she cannot go back to school again. When i asked her why, she told me that her brain cannot withstand any academic stree again. I also suggested to her, since you studied accounting in the university, why not enroll for ICAN program? When i said that to her, she told me that she could not go for PGD, is it ICAN that she can do? I have been thinking, what will i do for her to be like others.

What i thought she was before i married her, is not what she is. I cannot take her out for an occassion because she may embarrase me by her conduct in the public. I need a divorce but the problem now is, i did i court wedding with her. What should i do? Im confused.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by LoveJesus87(m): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
Kellibae:
Naturally Shez not d school type.
I dny know where to start ooo.

I can feel ur pain... sorryop
But ill he back
Which pain? D guy is BLOODY SUPER IDIOT walai. Dis one no be man AT ALL. I can bet my life on it. There are better ways to handle a woman Dan all des nonsense abi am I reading double ni? If its true, he should go for mental check up first

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by Chicybez: 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
This one na gone oooo. Anyway, divorce is not the option here. Try to have a heart to heart talk with her, tell her the pains u feel and pray for her! Marriage is for better, for worst! Consider your kids too. God will see you through

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by Yinkatolu: 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
Guess u married her out of pity

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
FreeSpirited:
Abeg who dey fvck her?......deliberately take in?...When raw dey sweet you and u dey pour everytin inside...she force u?
Spare a thought for the OP
The wife might have deliberately skip contraceptive .

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by anyicash(m): 10:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
"for better for worse"..don't forget that

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by LoveJesus87(m): 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
FreeSpirited:
Abeg who dey fvck her?......deliberately take in?...When raw dey sweet you and u dey pour everytin inside...she force u?
my brother ah tire die o. Dats why marriage is not for boys

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
wonukwuru:

Send her the link to this thread! Let her read it! Better still send it as a " chronicle' to SDK blog...They will have the perfect answer! Your wife tho...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by Manweysabi(m): 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
Na this kind woman I dey find sef.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by iambliss: 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
hmmm. you don marry dis one o. For Berra for worse. Olorun a fun iyawo yin ni emi igboran.
Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by delishpot: 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
Oo cool down. She does not want to go back to school is not reason enough to feel she isn't worth anything. You alone said she doesn't know much academically so why insist she go to school? She can't speak fluent English? Did you not know that fact before you married her? She takes in at will? Is it not you that inserts your penis inside her without protection? Do you know the effect of all these family planning on a woman's health? (Please use Google) so you can start by using a condom or practice withdrawal method.
As for the business, why not start her small and then see how she manages it? It seems she is interested in doing something private but you want her to go back to school and get a white collar job which made her not take any action work wise. But now you make it look like she doesn't want to do anything. The one she has decided to do, you have not agreed to support her. Do you think every market woman went to study under someone before starting their businesses?
You are just generaly tired of the woman so all her small faults are beginning to irritate you. Bros, you also have your faults too and she is trying her best to live with you as you are. Imagine of she was the one that dumped your bed and is sleeping in the living room because you have refused to do what she thinks would be best for you even tho you don't feel that way about it? Sometimes, try to put yourself in other peoples shoes.
I believe you should drag her to that her favourite pastor and tell her how you feel. Please stop forcing the woman to go and learn she clearly doesn't like to study or have the mental power to do so which is all well and good. Just try to rekindle the love and you guys can live happily ever after again. After all the baby she is carrying is yours.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by yinkslinks(m): 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2017
She doesnt like condoms fine. dont you know how to do throwey? grin grin grin grin grin grin You dis man sef, you too like your madam watery toto. chai bad man grin grin grin grin grin grin If her toto no sweet, why you sef dey 4uck am? olosho man. see him mouth like pour
wonukwuru:

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by nabiz(m): 10:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
So u are just getting to know all these after 3 kids? What then attracted you to her from the first time?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
wonukwuru:
I am adult ....

What's up with the long epistle?

DTB already.
Re: My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce by OluDare01(m): 10:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
Funny enough you're complaining as if you didn't woo her.
Didn't you see her flaws during courtship? I hope your children are not dull in school because they're gonna inherit some traits from your wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tanzanian Who Spent 20 Years On Death Row Released, Brother Sold His 6 Houses / I Hit My Husband By Mistake / Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami And Her Blue Eyes Daughters In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.