Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? (1189 Views)

Why Are Religious Houses Closing Down To Depend On Science For Cure? (COVID-19) / Are Atheists And Skeptics Just An Angry Bunch Or Are They Actually Realistic? / Did GOD Ever Condone Rape?(Answering Ignorant Skeptics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by benzics(m): 5:58am On Jan 04, 2017
Hello...

One nairaland moniker have been consistent in making this embarrassing statement, yes, KingEbukasBlog, always trying to redefine atheism. Well, let me give you the REAL definition of atheism and religious skepticism.

a·the·ism
ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Religious Skepticism
Religious skepticism is a type of skepticism relating to religion. Religious skeptics question religious authority and are not necessarily anti-religious but are those skeptical of a specific or all religious beliefs and/or practices.

Contrary to Ebuka's definition, atheism is NOT the rejection of god(s)! Why? You cannot reject something that doesn't exist!

Let me give a real life scenario.

Ada sets me on a blind date with Nkiru, whom I've never met, and then she tells me how beautiful Nkiru is, and so many great attributes of Nk(Nkiru).. but then I demand that I see her(Nk) first, that am not even sure if there is an Nk, that until I see her, am not going on any blind date.. Ada then gets furious, and was like, "I rejected this beautiful girl"..

Is that rejection? How did I reject somebody I know nothing about? I just simply asked to see and believe, and then it is now termed " rejection "?

Religious skepticism is almost like deism, skeptics hate the concept of religion, they bash religion, they choose not to believe in religions but they may believe in God, atheists on the other hand do NOT BELIEVE IN GOD!

Get your facts right, atheism is not the rejection of god(s), it is not religious skepticism (yes atheists are skeptical about religion and also skeptical about god theory)..
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by Pastafarian: 10:14am On Jan 04, 2017
Kingebukasblog is fighting very hard to give atheism whichever meaning he wishes it is

I wish him success in this foolish endeavour

1 Like

Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by hahn(m): 11:21am On Jan 04, 2017
Debating kingebukasblog is a waste of time

All he does is coat his stupid comments in big words. That doesn't make it any less foolish undecided

2 Likes

Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by jchioma: 11:25am On Jan 04, 2017
From ur definition aboove, OP, i think i may a religious skeptic. I believe that there must be a god, but that because of man's finiteness, he is viewed from the prism of our limitation. He is more than the definition given in the bible or koran. He is in everything and over all.
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by benzics(m): 11:51am On Jan 04, 2017
jchioma:
From ur definition aboove, OP, i think i may a religious skeptic. I believe that there must be a god, but that because of man's finiteness, he is viewed from the prism of our limitation. He is more than the definition given in the bible or koran. He is in everything and over all.
You are a Deist smiley
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
Religious skepticism is not atheism or agnosticism . Because as a Christian I can be skeptical about the Islamic or Hindu belief or any other religious belief . The Muslim can be skeptical about the Christian belief or any other religious belief .

In Deism , religious skepticism is inherent . Religious skepticism is part of what makes Deism as a theological/philosophical position what it is i.e religious skepticism is an integral part of Deism .

The constructional elements of deist thought include:
1.God exists and created the universe.
2.God gave humans the ability to reason.

And the critical elements of deist thought :

1.Rejection of religions that are based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God.
2.Rejection of religious dogma and demagogy.
3.Skepticism of reports of miracles, prophecies and religious "mysteries".

But in atheism , religious skepticism is not inherent . It is not part of atheism or agnosticism .

As an atheist you can be in religions like Buddhism , Confucianism , Jainism , Raelism since these religions do not entertain the existence of God(s) .

Like Steve Jobs was an atheist but he was religious as a Buddhist . Sir Tim Berners-Lee is an atheist but he is religious - he is a member of the Universal Universalism group.

So again , religious skepticism isn't atheism or agnosticism .

That means if you skeptical about religious beliefs , you are not actually questioning the existence of God because God is beyond the purview of religion

I think this is clear enough.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by jonbellion(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Religious skepticism is not atheism or agnosticism . Because as a Christian I can be skeptical about the Islamic or Hindu belief or any other belief . The Muslim can be skeptical about the Christian belief or any other belief .

In Deism , religious skepticism is inherent . Religious skepticism is part of what makes Deism as a theological/philosophical position what it is i.e religious skepticism is an integral part of Deism .

1.Rejection of religions that are based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God.

But in atheism , religious skepticism is not inherent . It is not part of atheism or agnosticism .

As an atheist you can be in religions like Buddhism , Confucianism , Jainism , Raelism since these religions do not entertain the existence of God(s) .

Like Steve Jobs was an atheist but he is religious as a Buddhist . Sir Tim Berners-Lee is an atheist but he is religious - he is a member of the Universal Universalism group.

That means if you skeptical about religious beliefs , you are not actually questioning the existence of God because God is beyond the purview of religion

it's quite odd Steve jobs wasn't skilled at coding
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
jonbellion:

That one even small .I learnt from Business Insider that Mark Zuckerberg's top programmer employees see him as a third level programmer .

Its all about entrepreneurship.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by benzics(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Religious skepticism is not atheism or agnosticism . Because as a Christian I can be skeptical about the Islamic or Hindu belief or any other religious belief . The Muslim can be skeptical about the Christian belief or any other religious belief .

Like Steve Jobs was an atheist but he is religious as a Buddhist . Sir Tim Berners-Lee is an atheist but he is religious - he is a member of the Universal Universalism group.

Cool..

Made this post cuz I've seen you saying "nairaland atheists are not real atheists", that they are religious skeptics...

Seems this is clear enough cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2017
benzics:

Cool..

Made this post cuz I've seen you saying "nairaland atheists are not real atheists", that they are religious skeptics...

Seems this is clear enough cool

No wahala cool

Its just that some atheists think when you question religious beliefs you are questioning the existence of God . No matter how I try to let them see that is false , they remain intransigent about it . That has always always always been the problem .

That's why I created this thread giving the atheists the opportunity to prove that they can reason logically without focusing on religion . And err , things are not going quite well for them .

https://www.nairaland.com/3553021/nairaland-atheists-prove-atheism-not

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by Pastafarian: 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

That's why I created this thread giving the atheists the opportunity to prove that they can reason logically without focusing on religion . And its not been going well for the Christians

Fixed!!!
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

Fixed!!!

Lmaoo ... you have your chance to prove this by posting your contributions on the thread grin
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by Pastafarian: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmaoo ... you have your chance to prove this by posting your contributions on the thread grin

you and your goons have so far been dealt with

none of the arguments you've put forward is sticking, they're all being debunked one after another and your brave claiming of victory in and outside the thread is simply false!

your thread only proves atheism is logical
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
jonbellion:
Steve Wozniak, his partner and a genius coder is an atheist.
You can read about him.
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

you and your goons have so far been dealt with

none of the arguments you've put forward is sticking, they're all being debunked one after another and your brave claiming of victory in and outside the thread is simply false!

your thread only proves atheism is logical

grin grin grin

Again , you can come and point to me where you and your goons debunked our superior arguments . grin

1 Like

Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by hopefulLandlord: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin grin

Again , you can come and point to me where you and your goons debunked our superior arguments . grin

what superior arguments haven't been debunked? Thomas Aquinas? Argument from morality? that's the dumbest; fine tuning? definition of atheism? all have been debunked right on that thread + other nonsensical arguments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

what superior arguments haven't been debunked? Thomas Aquinas? Argument from morality? that's the dumbest; fine tuning? definition of atheism? all have been debunked right on that thread + other nonsensical arguments

Who mentioned Thomas Aquinas grin grin

I told you to come to the thread and show me the Nairaland atheist that debunked any of the Top 5 Arguments for the existence of God .

If you are not willing to show me who debunked what then I can as well dismiss your claims as not worthy of serious consideration .
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by hahn(m): 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Seems the embarrassment is not enough for him. He keeps on posting the same links everywhere like he said anything meaningful on them undecided
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by hopefulLandlord: 11:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Who mentioned Thomas Aquinas grin grin

I told you to come to the thread and show me the Nairaland atheist that debunked any of the Top 5 Arguments for the existence of God .

If you are not willing to show me who debunked what then I can as well dismiss your claims as not worthy of serious consideration .

you're gonna deny using Thomas Aquinas argument?

what are those top 5 arguments? the ones Dalaman, Randomperson etc have shown to be empty?
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you're gonna deny using Thomas Aquinas argument?

what are those top 5 arguments? the ones Dalaman, Randomperson etc have shown to be empty?

Its called the Kalam Cosmological Argument undecided

I am not going to repeat myself . Visit this thread and point out to me where these have been shown to be empty

1. Cosmological Argument

2. Moral Argument

3. Teleological Argument

4. Ontological Argument

5. Leibniz Contingency Argument

No atheist in any part of the universe grin have refuted these arguments . They can only do so by using strawman - falsely representing or misrepresenting these arguments

1 Like

Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord

I am not going to discuss this topic here because it is against the rules to derail

If you want to proper engage me , you know where

Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by hopefulLandlord: 11:53pm On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its called the Kalam Cosmological Argument undecided

I am not going to repeat myself . Visit this thread and point out to me where these have been shown to be empty

1. Cosmological Argument

2. Moral Argument

3. Teleological Argument

4. Ontological Argument

5. Leibniz Contingency Argument

No atheist in any part of the universe grin have refuted these arguments . They can only do so by using strawman - falsely representing or misrepresenting these arguments

go through your dishonest premise of a thread

all these have been debunked by my goons
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by hopefulLandlord: 11:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
hopefulLandlord

I am not going to discuss this topic here because it is against the rules to derail

If you want to proper engage me , you know where

I don't have the time to waste on your thread that starts on a false premise

I'll pass, when you create a sensible thread you'll see me
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

go through your dishonest premise of a thread

all these have been debunked by my goons

Conversing with you is obviously a waste of time

Show me where all those who disproved what here

Or forget it

I'm out
Re: You Are Religious Skeptics, Not Atheists? by hopefulLandlord: 12:03am On Jan 05, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Conversing with you is obviously a waste of time

Show me where all those who disproved what here

Or forget it

I'm out

conversing with you is the true waste of time, they've debunked it, I won't grace the thread unless a good and valid argument is provided and so far none has surfaced

all you'll keep doing is to say on every thread from now on that they didn't debunk your arguments while posting the link to them, that's your modus operandi, your slavery thread being debunked didn't stop you posting the link at every opportunity so why should I painstakingly show you where its been debunked? what difference would that make?

abeg, talk beta

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prophetic Revelation On Prominent Nigerian Preachers / My Spiritual Father Raped Me Twice In His Lekki Home / It's A Goddamned Cracker! Or Is It The Body Of Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.