Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? (43057 Views)

The Truth About Yahoo Boys Using The Panties Of Ladies For Rituals / 2 Yahoo Plus Boys Fight For Allowing Girlfriend To Sit On Juju Car Front Seat / ‘girls Run Mad After We Used Them For Yahoo Plus’ (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by TeamSimple(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2017
Abeg too much Casting on top our head abeg..Leave Ikorodu boys alone na
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 04, 2017
abeg am not understanding, can someone pls summarize for me?
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 04, 2017
.p
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 04, 2017
The will force Uber to restrict use of foreign cards

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by hotspec(m): 8:31am On Jan 04, 2017
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by hotspec(m): 8:34am On Jan 04, 2017
comradespade:
abeg am not understanding, can someone pls summarize for me?
UBER is a 5* urban taxi.system, newly introduced in Lagos. U link them online to come pick u to ur destination within city. U pay trough ur credit cards. Yahoo boys steal credit cards details of foreigners, and use it to pay for an arranged shuttle here, with d driver as a partner. They share money. BUT PLEASE, DONT TRY THIS AT HOME cool

5 Likes

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by sirsolex: 8:38am On Jan 04, 2017
Cool story...its intresting to know how some peoples brain function negatively..one day nemesis will catch up with them. I believe theycan use their Skills 4 something good.
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 04, 2017
hotspec:
UBER is a 5* urban taxi.system, newly introduced in Lagos. U link them online to come pick u to ur destination within city. U pay trough ur credit cards. Yahoo boys steal credit cards details of foreigners, and use it to pay for an arranged shuttle here, with d driver as a partner. They share money. BUT PLEASE, DONT TRY THIS AT HOME cool

thanks boss, let me go and dust my range rover sport, we are ready for businessgrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by latest90: 8:43am On Jan 04, 2017
But majority of them are buying this foreigners Uber a/c with their credit cards attached. Uber is not stupid, there's a loophole in the system, they are already aware of it. give it some few weeks and this will stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by YhungPablo(m): 8:54am On Jan 04, 2017
was expecting to see something elss.
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Francheezy(m): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2017
This is a shallow article.
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by wizsolzy(m): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2017
Were r d those dat give a fcvk cartel? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by lele007: 9:01am On Jan 04, 2017
atirolu:
Sorry can somebody summarise for me ?

No. Because if countryman refuse to learn to read the naira will continue to fall. Certificated mopers led by a certificateless failure.

*tired of these kiddie pups on nairaland*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by checkolatunji: 9:04am On Jan 04, 2017
koresma26:
When you enter a city, and you need someone who knows everything, find yourself cab driver. Uber drivers are no different.

Imagine this. You're an Uber driver, and you receive a pickup request. The name reads "Jung Shin", and you're thinking, oh an Asian passenger. You wonder what he or she will talk about.

You reach the pickup location and a twenty-something-year-old black dude jumps in the backseat of your car.

The only explanation in your head is that Lagos Sun has darkened his Asian skin, and somehow, given him Yoruba accent.

Conversations with drivers are always interesting if you're in the mood. One day, they are telling you which celebrities joined the Uber business with 52 cars. Another day, they are telling you how much they make weekly and how they'll never go back to their desk jobs.

Sometimes, they tell you about how passengers are disrespectful. That's how I and my driver start off.
"You know you're the boss," he says less than five minutes into the trip.

"Aren't you a boss too?" I ask. He drives a really nice car, and I don't even have one. "But I'm the one who gets to drive you around," he says. Typical Nigerian washing formula.

"I don't think it's about who's boss," I reply, "I think it's about mutual respect between two of us. I pay you money. You take me where I want to go."
He takes a moment before he says, "you're the first passenger to ever tell me this".
Uber Tip: If you're in the mood for fresh gist, respect your driver. He has so much he'd gladly tell you for that 5-star rating. If you've never used Uber before, you get to rate the quality of service after a trip. They get to rate you too.

Somehow, we end up talking about "Yahoo Boys" and Uber.
"The way they enter Uber, you'll know it's not their money," he says. "But what if it actually their money," I try to counter.

"No o," he responds. "It's mostly from Ikorodu you pick them. They'll request for Uber, tell you to take them to V/I, then say they forgot something, and that they need you to take them back. Even Island people don't use Uber like that."

He didn't stop there. He went on to talk about how they'd literally send you halfway through Lagos to go pick up someone. On a reading metre. That's basically paying for an empty cab to move around.

"The other day, someone sent me to go and pick his girlfriend after I had just dropped him off. All on a reading metre."

That's not the most shocking part.
"Those boys always make offers," he continues, "they'll tell you to pick them up and just let the metre read."

Here's the business side of it.
"You won't actually pick them up. All you have to do is accept their ride on the app, then just drive around with a reading metre. End trip. When Uber credits the driver's account they then send them their cut".
I don't bother to ask him if he's done it before.
I ask him how they do it. "It's the foreign credit cards. The people who own the cards abroad might not even notice."

Yahoo Boys have a reputation for their online scams. Part of that reputation includes stealing credit card details, and Uber is just perfect for that card part.

He explains further.
"Look at our rubbish naira. With our current exchange rate, if you enter cab for 3,000 naira, that is less than $10. The people whose cards they're using abroad might not even notice because the money is so small"
We talk about Uber and how they investigate rides that are over 20,000 naira, and random stuff.

By the time he's done, we have reached my destination.
"Thanks boss," he says as I step out. "Don't forget to give me 5-star rating."
You bet I did.

http://pulse.ng/gist/credit-card-fraud-yahoo-yahoo-yahoo-plus-but-have-you-heard-about-yahoo-uber-id5697181.html

It was all about the rating, the guy try sha
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by free2ryhme: 9:06am On Jan 04, 2017
atirolu:

Sorry oh, summarise urself

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Lanretoye(m): 9:12am On Jan 04, 2017
this op just got me on uber ride.
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by fapcrook(m): 9:15am On Jan 04, 2017
Bisjosh:
Waris dis?

Farts loud on thread angry grin
wahoo, dirty dirty girl,
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 04, 2017
And who invented the nickname Yahoo Yahoo for common criminals ? I think it is a very big insult for a multibillion E-mail Service business that pioneered electronic mails.

I will not forget the shock I received from an ignorant girl that visited my office at VI about a couple of years ago, I was checking my messages in my Yahoo email box and this fine girl came along to deliver a Lease Purchase Agreement for a property I had in the market. I thought this was a beautiful meat for my dinner and had to chat her up.

I noticed that her eyes were focused on my iMac, and I couldnt explain the shock in her eyes as she scan through my computer. I asked her what the problem was. The question that she asked me shocked me. I couldnt know that people can be so ignorant. She said "Is that not Yahoo written there on the website ?" "Are you into yahoo yahoo ?" Damn!, I laughed like a wicked devil and asked if she has an e-mail address, she said she had one but cant remember it again. I tried to explain that Yahoo is a mail service, bla bla. I dont think that lady was convinced, and I havent seen again till today. Who knows, who she might tell that she saw yahoo on my computer. Educated illiterates everywhere.

Now, cos of the stigma associated with Yahoo Yahoo, which I have nothing against, I am no longer using that wonderful mail system.

Now, Yahoo Uber is the name for the common criminals who steal credit cards to pay for Uber. Na wa for us oh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by holluphemydavid(m): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2017
long epistle,summary pls
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by idupaul: 9:27am On Jan 04, 2017
And he had to come here and expose them like this ..
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by xreal: 9:31am On Jan 04, 2017
atirolu:

grin
you need to google 'uber' first and understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by cmecproblem(m): 9:41am On Jan 04, 2017
mrjojo:
Nigeria Sha, the credit-card feature will soon be limited in Nigeria, quote me.
Instead better security measures should be developed
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by mrjojo: 9:46am On Jan 04, 2017
cmecproblem:

Trust me Nigerians will always find a way to circle around them, little wonder why you can only send and not receive with Nigeria paypal
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by delishpot: 9:52am On Jan 04, 2017
I did not get this gist sha

idupaul:
And he had to come here and expose them like this ..

Why do you care?
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by oaroloye(m): 9:59am On Jan 04, 2017
It is important to now exactly what is going on...

However, I do not understand the protocol for discovering that someone received money from their stolen credit card.

Is that person not liable?

There is no way that they can hide their identity- which is supposed to be the whole idea of such transactions.

I do not believe that such fraud can work, except the Oyinbos deliberately allow it.

I suspect that if the loot from such frauds were totalled, it could conceivably come to a sum which one single business-tycoon could afford.

In other words, said tycoon bought our national integrity, and the 419 fraudsters sold it.

This will be the excuse to impose reforms on our country.

They will demand and obtain permission to use the Internet will be used to "track criminals and terrorists," and to that end, all of us will have our privacy invaded.
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by ponpon(m): 10:02am On Jan 04, 2017
Op Don finally cast matter but I just happy say you no get all the orientation, why spoil hustle for some. Lmao, someone would quote me now and insult me. Make una free people, maybe when people start having hiccups getting uber you'll know.

For now make we dey enjoy am dey go.
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by government1(m): 10:12am On Jan 04, 2017
Nigerians are fantastically corrupt
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by Setaje(f): 10:21am On Jan 04, 2017
The Nigerian uber drivers will soon shut down uber. I am so certain about it. I don't no how they are able to turn of the meter. I took one and he told me that anytime I need a cab I should just call him and I don't have to pay so much. That it will be his personal money and time. From what he said, that means they also do personal businesses at the expense of uber and possibly manipulate the meter!!!!
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by DisGuy: 10:31am On Jan 04, 2017
cmecproblem:

they should restrict payment options to cash and paypal only
Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by ponpon(m): 10:50am On Jan 04, 2017
Setaje:
The Nigerian uber drivers will soon shut down uber. I am so certain about it. I don't no how they are able to turn of the meter. I took one and he told me that anytime I need a cab I should just call him and I don't have to pay so much. That it will be his personal money and time. From what he said, that means they also do personal businesses at the expense of uber and possibly manipulate the meter!!!!

Which meter, the agreement between the driver and uber is via the app, we get you clients from our app we take 25%.

At the end of the day, some drivers can go offline and go around their normal 100% hustle, they are not cheating uber that way. Well most drivers are on different portals like taxify and Co, so you do what favours you. When it's not that uber is the one that leased or bought a vehicle for you

You think uber is a saint Abi?

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by psalmsjob: 11:06am On Jan 04, 2017
atirolu:
In how many words exactly? grin

1 Like

Re: Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? by bigtt76(f): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2017
Sh!T ....they've infiltrated Uber too? grin Chai ....they did or still doing same on all those sport betting sites that allow you to withdraw Naija sef! No wonder PayPal has refused to allow receive for Nigerian PayPal accounts.

koresma26:
When you enter a city, and you need someone who knows everything, find yourself cab driver. Uber drivers are no different.

Imagine this. You're an Uber driver, and you receive a pickup request. The name reads "Jung Shin", and you're thinking, oh an Asian passenger. You wonder what he or she will talk about.

You reach the pickup location and a twenty-something-year-old black dude jumps in the backseat of your car.

The only explanation in your head is that Lagos Sun has darkened his Asian skin, and somehow, given him Yoruba accent.

Conversations with drivers are always interesting if you're in the mood. One day, they are telling you which celebrities joined the Uber business with 52 cars. Another day, they are telling you how much they make weekly and how they'll never go back to their desk jobs.

Sometimes, they tell you about how passengers are disrespectful. That's how I and my driver start off.
"You know you're the boss," he says less than five minutes into the trip.

"Aren't you a boss too?" I ask. He drives a really nice car, and I don't even have one. "But I'm the one who gets to drive you around," he says. Typical Nigerian washing formula.

"I don't think it's about who's boss," I reply, "I think it's about mutual respect between two of us. I pay you money. You take me where I want to go."
He takes a moment before he says, "you're the first passenger to ever tell me this".
Uber Tip: If you're in the mood for fresh gist, respect your driver. He has so much he'd gladly tell you for that 5-star rating. If you've never used Uber before, you get to rate the quality of service after a trip. They get to rate you too.

Somehow, we end up talking about "Yahoo Boys" and Uber.
"The way they enter Uber, you'll know it's not their money," he says. "But what if it actually their money," I try to counter.

"No o," he responds. "It's mostly from Ikorodu you pick them. They'll request for Uber, tell you to take them to V/I, then say they forgot something, and that they need you to take them back. Even Island people don't use Uber like that."

He didn't stop there. He went on to talk about how they'd literally send you halfway through Lagos to go pick up someone. On a reading metre. That's basically paying for an empty cab to move around.

"The other day, someone sent me to go and pick his girlfriend after I had just dropped him off. All on a reading metre."

That's not the most shocking part.
"Those boys always make offers," he continues, "they'll tell you to pick them up and just let the metre read."

Here's the business side of it.
"You won't actually pick them up. All you have to do is accept their ride on the app, then just drive around with a reading metre. End trip. When Uber credits the driver's account they then send them their cut".
I don't bother to ask him if he's done it before.
I ask him how they do it. "It's the foreign credit cards. The people who own the cards abroad might not even notice."

Yahoo Boys have a reputation for their online scams. Part of that reputation includes stealing credit card details, and Uber is just perfect for that card part.

He explains further.
"Look at our rubbish naira. With our current exchange rate, if you enter cab for 3,000 naira, that is less than $10. The people whose cards they're using abroad might not even notice because the money is so small"
We talk about Uber and how they investigate rides that are over 20,000 naira, and random stuff.

By the time he's done, we have reached my destination.
"Thanks boss," he says as I step out. "Don't forget to give me 5-star rating."
You bet I did.

http://pulse.ng/gist/credit-card-fraud-yahoo-yahoo-yahoo-plus-but-have-you-heard-about-yahoo-uber-id5697181.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16-Year-Old Boy Rapes Elder Brother’s Wife, 9 Others In Ondo / Norsemen Confraternity Members Protest In Support Of SARS In Cross River. Photos / "I Specialize In Money Rituals And Spiritual Bath" - Gang Leader 'Okadigbo'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.