Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) (4104 Views)

Prince Digbani, UNIPORT Student Commits Suicide / 300 Level UNIBEN Student Commits Suicide, Drops Suicide Note(Disturbing Photos) / Bayelsa Final Year Student Commits Suicide After Quarrel With Girlfriend. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by sixtuschimere: 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
As shared by IG user.....

'Sadly this boy committed suicide
So sad!
What must have made this boy to take his own life?! What?!
He was from a very responsible and financially comfortable home. He was getting good care from his mother?!
He was a very good, brilliant and quiet boy, who had the best of education!
Mrs. Unokyoh has been a very good woman to her children, who has committed everything she has to their full support.
Oh! God! Who did this to my friend and buxom sister?!
Who did this to the Bosworth College community?!
Who did this to Babcock university?!
Who remoted this boy to cause this widow this terrible pain?!
Who?! Who?!! Who?!!!
Who did this to my friend?!
Ah! Africa!
A fi ika!
It is only God who can console you Pat!
Good bye, my boy!
May God accept your innocent soul!
Bosworth College International will miss always miss you'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/babcock-university-student-commits.html?m=1

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by sarrki(m): 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
Rip
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by sweettease(f): 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
Selfish boy angry
He thought of his pain and not that of the people around him when he dies

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by WarithFree: 6:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
So sad
Emotional trauma is becoming a case of concern, suicidal cases getting rampant.

Who takes the blame?
God save our soul.

Suicide is questionable before the Almighty but I wish you grace.
RIP Naive soul..
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by squarelead(m): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
Only God knows, but thats not the best option, no matter how hard life may seem to be. With time things will fall in place.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by Mujaheeeden: 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
A lot of people are depressed and they don't know who to tell because our society makes mockery if your feelings

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by SillyMods: 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
sweettease:
Selfish boy angry
Thought of his pain and not that of the people around him when he dies
Childish comment. Do you know the circumstances surrounding his action?
Do you know a thing about depression?
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by Acekidc4(m): 6:53pm On Jan 04, 2017
Eeeyyyaaahhhh!!

Either na MMM or Women Mata cause dis gbege ooooooo!!
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by lytech1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
I was about doing that some time ago,only for someone to convince me every creature on earth is carring a problem he cant share with anyone.
Then i realize i was just like every other being.
RIP to the dead...
Bt he shouldnt have killed himself

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by sarrki(m): 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
SillyMods:

No matter what bro

Taking ones life is not the solution
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by sweettease(f): 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
SillyMods:

Indeed! I know a lot more than you think about depression, I've cared for depressed patients and I know the ones who care about their loved ones enough to seek help when they feel themselves slipping, if he is as bright and intelligent as stated, his problem definitely wasn't ignorance, rather than seek help, he chose the easy way out. We can try to understand as much as we can and give explanations but fact is, there is selfishness involved when it ends in suicide.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by Corrinthians(m): 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2017
Bloggers would soon tell us it was due to money he invested in MMM. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by Princedaniel: 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
Growing up as teenagers, we all at some point in time went through depression that sparked suicidal thoughts. But with God who gave us mercy and perseverance; we came out stronger and better.

So, I wouldn't say bad about the you man, but he could have hung into life a little bit.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by ihimiray(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
No matter how hard life is don't Fuckiinng take ur life, better sufferness dey wait for d guy for the other side
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
You never know what people are going through, always encourage people and give them hope, you could save a life.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by 0neal(m): 12:43am On Jan 05, 2017
So sad
Eternal rest to the deceased.
Rich men commit suicide, it shows A Life not firmly rooted in Christ...culminate to crisis.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by mrwonlasewonie: 2:01am On Jan 05, 2017
sweettease:
Selfish boy angry
He thought of his pain and not that of the people around him when he dies
very convenient of you to judge

Many people don't seem to realize that many of this rich kids suffer FROM hidden depression. It's not about the money,it's not about been pampered OR cared for. It's beyond that

Usually what happens is that these parents think because they pump money into their account, take them to schools worth millions of naira the kids ARE Happy.you need to bond with your kids to the point that they can trust you with their fears anxieties and insecurities or things making them sad

Another reason is that they're always caged.all through their lives they give them everything then cage them.their parents send them to schools where they can't even interact with the outside world. When they're on vacation they're back to their palaced caged

Look at IT this way.if you're taken to the best schools given the comfort you need and everything you want but you're always caged.you're always yelled at by your parents When you want to say something bothering you

When you say something or give them reasons you want to go out they remind you they work hard to give you the world of course you'll be depressed

People Look at you from afar admiring you and wish your parents we're there's too but don't know the trauma going in your soul

All the money in the world cannot cure someone who IS not happy from the inside

It just takes one trigger or more provocation to commit suicide. See through their pains before judging
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by mrwonlasewonie: 2:12am On Jan 05, 2017
ihimiray:
No matter how hard life is don't Fuckiinng take ur life, better sufferness dey wait for d guy for the other side
life in a religious private institution in Nigeria is enough to make a person commit suicide if you're not an emotionally strong person

Unreasonable rules
Forcing students who were forced by their parents to live a regemented and dogmatic religious life.controlling every aspect of their lives. When they go to church, when they eat what they eat what they wear who they talk to when they talk to who they talk to when they sleep and control even their sexual life

They're almost treated OR treated like another version of robots. THEY cannot even party or go to club.a natural extrovert can shrink into depression living such forced life and commit suicide. It's very easy. IF you don't believe just spend one semester in Babcock or any religious private institution.YOU'LL almost go bunkers if you're not careful
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by mrwonlasewonie: 2:16am On Jan 05, 2017
Mujaheeeden:
A lot of people are depressed and they don't know who to tell because our society makes mockery if your feelings
exactly my point and when they tell their parents their parents compound the matters

When teenagers confide in their parents They tend to over react, judge put down and shout down at their kids. This is a lesson to African parents who think they know everything
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by ihimiray(m): 2:52am On Jan 05, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
life in a religious private institution in Nigeria is enough to make a person commit suicide if you're not an emotionally strong person

Unreasonable rules
Forcing students who were forced by their parents to live a regemented and dogmatic religious life.controlling every aspect of their lives. When they go to church, when they eat what they eat what they wear who they talk to when they talk to who they talk to when they sleep and control even their sexual life

They're almost treated OR treated like another version of robots. THEY cannot even party or go to club.a natural extrovert can shrink into depression living such forced life and commit suicide. It's very easy. IF you don't believe just spend one semester in Babcock or any religious private institution.YOU'LL almost go bunkers if you're not careful
still not enough reason, have bin though hell but I never ever thought of suicide

2 Likes

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by LawlarhEd(f): 3:37am On Jan 05, 2017
Not to justify his actions but people handle depression differently, the fact that one can dust him/herself off and move on doesn't mean everyone else can however we must understand that where there is life there is hope. This said, who are we to judge? We do not know what the young man might have been facing be it mental, physical, spiritual etc we can only assume and make speculations.
Rest in peace young fellow.. i hope you find comfort.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 05, 2017
Poor self-image sad
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by sweettease(f): 7:10am On Jan 05, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
very convenient of you to judge

Many people don't seem to realize that many of this rich kids suffer FROM hidden depression. It's not about the money,it's not about been pampered OR cared for. It's beyond that

Usually what happens is that these parents think because they pump money into their account, take them to schools worth millions of naira the kids ARE Happy.you need to bond with your kids to the point that they can trust you with their fears anxieties and insecurities or things making them sad

Another reason is that they're always caged.all through their lives they give them everything then cage them.their parents send them to schools where they can't even interact with the outside world. When they're on vacation they're back to their palaced caged

Look at IT this way.if you're taken to the best schools given the comfort you need and everything you want but you're always caged.you're always yelled at by your parents When you want to say something bothering you

When you say something or give them reasons you want to go out they remind you they work hard to give you the world of course you'll be depressed

People Look at you from afar admiring you and wish your parents we're there's too but don't know the trauma going in your soul

All the money in the world cannot cure someone who IS not happy from the inside

It just takes one trigger or more provocation to commit suicide. See through their pains before judging
I see the act of a literate not seeking help when they feel themselves slipping as selfishness because it can easily lead to suicide. I believe the thought of the pain of those around is enough to make one seek help. People tend to put it on a lot of factors but forget that the victims could have actually seek for help.

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by mrwonlasewonie: 8:29am On Jan 05, 2017
sweettease:
I see the act of a literate not seeking help when they feel themselves slipping as selfishness because it can easily lead to suicide. I believe the thought of the pain of those around is enough to make one seek help. People tend to put it on a lot of factors but forget that the victims could have actually seek for help.
seek for help you say from who?

Judgemental parents
religious counsellors who will add more to the depression
friends who will turn your problem to a topic for gossip and entertainment

Not everyone is as emotionally strong as you think
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by mrwonlasewonie: 8:35am On Jan 05, 2017
ihimiray:
still not enough reason, have bin though hell but I never ever thought of suicide
it's very possible to be shouting yet no one will hear you

We don't seem to have empathy or feelings for another person's feelings.When a person goes to a counsellor or pastor for help instead of making the person feel better you tell the person a worse story like comparing problems is entertaining
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by sweettease(f): 10:09am On Jan 05, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
seek for help you say from who?

Judgemental parents
religious counsellors who will add more to the depression
friends who will turn your problem to a topic for gossip and entertainment

Not everyone is as emotionally strong as you think
I was actually talking about professional help, that was why I was specific with a literate person.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by mrwonlasewonie: 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
sweettease:
I was actually talking about professional help, that was why I was specific with a literate person.
in Nigeria? They'll be professional about it without infusing or emotionally imposing religion and culture into it?really? grin
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by NigerianScholar: 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
WarithFree:
So sad
Emosional trummer is becoming a case of concern, susidal cases getting rampant.

Who takes the blame?
God save our soul.

Suiside is questionable before the Almighty but I wish you grace.
RIP Naive soul..
*trauma
*suicidal
*emotional
*Suicide

1 Like

Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by NigerianScholar: 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:

Unreasonable rules

Your statements are highly exaggerated. 1....it is a Christian school. Of course church has to be compulsory.

'when they eat what they eat what they wear who they talk to when they talk to who they talk to when they sleep and control even their sexual life'. No one controls when you eat anywhere and when you sleep. Be it covenant, babcock or whatever. And you can talk to who you want, when you want. The issue of food has to do with health/safety reasons.

Like I said before. It is a church school. No form of sex or pda is allowed. I am pretty sure that ull criticise them if they allow it. And they have parties in these schools. Research properly

Clubs go against the values of any proper church. So they obviously wont allow it.

Will you die If you dont go to a club?
Do you need to go to a club as a serious student?
According to you. All extroverta must be clubbing
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by mrwonlasewonie: 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2017
NigerianScholar:

Your statements are highly exaggerated. 1....it is a Christian school. Of course church has to be compulsory.

'when they eat what they eat what they wear who they talk to when they talk to who they talk to when they sleep and control even their sexual life'. No one controls when you eat anywhere and when you sleep. Be it covenant, babcock or whatever. And you can talk to who you want, when you want. The issue of food has to do with health/safety reasons.

Like I said before. It is a church school. No form of sex or pda is allowed. I am pretty sure that ull criticise them if they allow it. And they have parties in these schools. Research properly

Clubs go against the values of any proper church. So they obviously wont allow it.

Will you die If you dont go to a club?
Do you need to go to a club as a serious student?
According to you. All extroverta must be clubbing
I know you're trying to play the devils advocate albeit in a ridiculously not so funny way

First of all like I said earlier yes they control what you wear.for example in Babcock university I heard from my sister who attends there that they don't wear earings necklace or any form of jewelry asides wrist watch ( very reasonable to you right?)
Both the males and females do not wear any form of jeans materials be it jeans trousers or skirt (another sensible law right ) like it's cool for any university institution to tell young adults what to wear.making robots an people who can't think or make personal decisions for themselves. Isn't that wonderful
controlling what and when they eat.they only go to their cafeteria when the school determines when the cafeteria opens and cannot choose what they feel like eating. The school dictates what they eating.meaning if it's eba and egusi they cooked in their cafeteria it's either they eat it or stay hungry OR at most eating their provisions

Tell me that's not raising robots and over dependent people who are not allowed to plan their lives.undergraduate ladies cannot cook for themselves. Many of them cannot even cook for themselves how much more cooking for their family when they're married. You can face the truth OR live in denial your choice. They're spoilt rotten caged controlled and subjugated and you think it's exaggerations.ok

As for clubbing OR partying. You're a joker.many of them are spoilt sick even before they gained admission into school. E.g sneaking out of mummy and daddy's house to club.engage in closet lesbianism and weed to smoke away their sorrows and pains .you seem not to have the slightest idea what this teenager's engage themselves with or how they think

They get to university where they use religious force to supress their minds.by the way I'm not saying it's wrong to go to church but forcing young adults to go to church because They're in a religious institution is chasing them away father from God and making them resent religion

Religion is a personal choice or decision .forcing religion on young adults is like a person forcing a woman to have s3x with you when you don't like her.nothing she does will turn you on because it's not a decision from your heart. But when a person decides to go to church on his own without anyone threatening yelling emotionally blackmailing him he will likely enjoy church prayer and God .he'll be mote willing to engage in church activities with dedication compared to someone who was forced because your school says so.bottonline is private university controls every single thing about their existence.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
ihimiray:

And how did you know what is on the other side? .... dont judge people when it comes to matters like this and better still, dont make comments you cant defend.
Re: Babcock University Student Commits Suicide(pictured) by NigerianScholar: 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
I know you're trying to play the devils advocate albeit in a ridiculously not so funny way

First of all like I said earlier yes they control what you wear.for example in Babcock university I heard from my sister who attends there that they don't wear earings necklace or any form of jewelry asides wrist watch ( very reasonable to you right?)
Both the males and females do not wear any form of jeans materials be it jeans trousers or skirt (another sensible law right ) like it's cool for any university institution to tell young adults what to wear.making robots an people who can't think or make personal decisions for themselves. Isn't that wonderful
They dont allow jewellery and jeans. Ok. You are right. But control is an overstatement... you said it like they are made to wear school uniforms.

controlling what and when they eat.they only go to their cafeteria when the school determines when the cafeteria opens and cannot choose what they feel like eating. The school dictates what they eating.meaning if it's eba and egusi they cooked in their cafeteria it's either they eat it or stay hungry OR at most eating their provisions
ask your sister If its compulsory to eat at the cafeteria. From what I heard. Most babcock students form and dont go to cafetaria. And they can also buy food from their mall, kiosks,busa or what they call it and other places. They also have a resturant that sells meat. But its overpriced. To discourage students from buying. I also have a lot of people in the school.

Tell me that's not raising robots and over dependent people who are not allowed to plan their lives.undergraduate ladies cannot cook for themselves. Many of them cannot even cook for themselves how much more cooking for their family when they're married.
Cook at home...school isnt for cooking. Cooking is a basic survival skill you should learn before going to the university. They banned cooking because they see it as a fire hazard. They dont wanna make the front page of a newspaper saying 'hostel of a private university burnt down ' or something like that

You can face the truth OR live in denial your choice. They're spoilt rotten caged controlled and subjugated and you think it's exaggerations.ok

As for clubbing OR partying. You're a joker.many of them are spoilt sick even before they gained admission into school. E.g sneaking out of mummy and daddy's house to club.engage in closet lesbianism and weed to smoke away their sorrows and pains .you seem not to have the slightest idea what this teenager's engage themselves with or how they think

Thank God...you said many. If 10 percent of the students re good. They want a case whereby the 10% will remain good. Everyone knows most of their students take weed and things like that. But it is done covertly. They just cant support it and they dont want the good ones to be influenced

They get to university where they use religious force to supress their minds.by the way I'm not saying it's wrong to go to church but forcing young adults to go to church because They're in a religious institution is chasing them away father from God and making them resent religion

Religion is a personal choice or decision .forcing religion on young adults is like a person forcing a woman to have s3x with you when you don't like her.nothing she does will turn you on because it's not a decision from your heart. But when a person decides to go to church on his own without anyone threatening yelling emotionally blackmailing him he will likely enjoy church prayer and God .he'll be mote willing to engage in church activities with dedication compared to someone who was forced because your school says so.bottonline is private university controls every single thing about their existence.
Like I said. It is a church owned school. You have to go to church. It is their policy. If you dont want to be compelled to go to church. Just go to a non Christian school. Thats all. If you are stubborn enough you can stab the church and do community service

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Mighty Has Fallen, Police Inspectors On Their Knees Begging For Forgiveness / US Police Dismisses Four Officers For Having Sex With Female Colleague On Duty / Lawyers Are Buried Six Feet And Not With Theirs Faces Turned Upside Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.