Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! (9899 Views)

Nigerians Excited Seeing Obasanjo On A Plane (Video) / Nigeria Is The Business Hub Of Africa - Dubai King / Mercy Johnson Excited About Pastor Adeboye's Decison On Buhari/Osinbanjo Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by centrica: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2009
Bros, i still maintain my stand that since soludo is coming through back door, is going to use the state allocation to settle the so call power to be God fathers, if has genuine intention to help his people let him come through the normal democratic process and test his popularity, integrity, and strenght, not by imposition.
Alot of candidates impose on the people don't normally perform well because they have to settle the so call God fathers, we can see what happened in many states that the God fathers are rulling.
He may be a Professor, but we are talking about Nigerian politics here, where God fathers dictates what to do whenever one is in power.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by agabaI23(m): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2009
centrica:

Bros, i still maintain my stand that since soludo is coming through back door, is going to use the state allocation to settle the so call power to be God fathers, if has genuine intention to help his people let him come through the normal democratic process and test his popularity, integrity, and strenght, not by imposition.
Alot of candidates impose on the people don't normally perform well because they have to settle the so call God fathers, we can see what happened in many states that the God fathers are rulling.
He may be a Professor, but we are talking about Nigerian politics here, where God fathers dictates what to do whenever one is in power.

And how many people can come through the front door in nigerian politics? Do not get me wrong, I do not support the selection in PDP, however I am looking at an Individual. You may have to follow their path in the interim in other to get what you want. Do you know how Tinubu single handedly picked Fashiola?

What we need in this atmosphere of selection is someone who can stand his own and will not have to follow the norms. I think Soludo has the gut to challenge the status quo.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by BADLEE: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2009
chidichris:

@mikeansy,
sometimes it is difficult to explain situations because u don't know the level of understanding of your student but all the same, hear this;
developed nations are built on institutions. when i talk about institution, i don't talk about ppl making themselves idols.
i will like to refer you to three issues viz;
1. nigerian banks under soludo
2. efcc under ribadu
3. fct under el rufai

we were made to believe that our banks were as solid as rocks of gibrelta under obj/soludo but the arrieval of sanusi shows otherwise. in the first place, are u aware that 99.999% of our banks are always on their heels just to meet up with the demands of cbn. do u know that 90% of our female bankers have been turned into professional prostitutes by our banks? do u call that stability? all the frauds in our country are been aided by these banks just to see how to make ends meet. do u see that as stability in the banks? there was a temporary arrangements to hang in there while obj took his praises home and an indeept look at these banks will show u that we still have a long way to go in our banking industries. till date, no one is talking about the then finance minister who through her ealth of knowledges brought things to a stage. okonjo iweala proved to nigerians that she is not only good on our ground but that she can also compete favourably with her counterparts arround the world.
we were looking out for a soludo of international abilities but what do we have here, a foolish local tool used by an illiterate of the highest order.
efcc and fct observed the absence of their leaders that made many came to the understanding that nothing was really happening there.
looking at our telecommunication department, nigerians are not aware of chnage of ministers or whosoever and that is what is called institutionalization of a department and till date, nigerians are enjoying this new found joy in our telecommunication industries.
soludo was only a tool and same has he remained. my fears here is that by the time anambra ppl will come to terms with that, the damage must have been done.
this same idiot that is imposing soludo on anambra people was the same who empowered chris uba to destroy the state and also tried his best on imposing andy uba in 2007 but failed by the grace of God.
since it is the same tree, the fruits are always going to be the same.

Hahhaaaa, Chidichris,
honestly i am so much disappointed in you  today, though it is obvious that you are actually trying to damage soludo  and possibly campaigning for his opponents,

When i saw the first three lines of your write up, i was expecting to enjoy a very good economic analysis, i didn't know it was a political campaign that you came to do,

Any way, like somebody rightly said above , you have not answered the question or addressed the issue,

I ask you again, WHAT IS THE PRESENT PROBLEM IN THE NIGERIA BANKING INDUSTRY AND  HOW DID SOLUDO CAUSE IT ?
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Eziachi: 11:14pm On Nov 26, 2009
IT IS CONFIRMED TONIGHT THAT DUBAI LIVED BEYOND THEIR MEAN BY BORROWING AND ARE 80 BILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT. And that is Soludo dream.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by themano: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2009
@Papebrowne and all the Soludo dreamers, see below

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=160862

Dubai has crashed the world's stocks and are in massive debts that will surely bring them to trouble. This is the kind of mess you want Soludo to plunge anambra state into. Anyway, most of you are kids and dont have big business experience. Even Soludo has NO business experience (which company has he successfully run?).

May the Good lord never allow this con man and dreamer to smell Anambra state government house Awka. He can go to Dubai and continue his dreams there
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Afam4eva(m): 9:07am On Nov 27, 2009
He's an economist for crying out loud. Which Business did Jack welch run before joining General Electric.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by themano: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2009
@afam4eva, Jack Welsh was an Engineer, and grew through the ranks at GE. He never became CEO from day one. Check your facts. Soludo is a theorist like most economists are. Simple and short.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by paddylo1(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2009
@Papebrowne and all the Soludo dreamers, see  below

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=160862

Dubai has crashed the world's stocks and are in massive debts that will surely bring them to trouble. This is the kind of mess you want Soludo to plunge anambra state into. Anyway, most of you are kids and dont have big business experience. Even Soludo has NO business experience (which company has he successfully run?).

May the Good lord never allow this con man and dreamer to smell Anambra state government house Awka. He can go to Dubai and continue his dreams there

so what exactly do u want?

do u want development or do u want to live in poverty for ever?

america is also indebted to the tune of $12trillion

now i am not saying that debt is good,but there can be no meaningful development without some form of debt to kickstart it

dubais problem is that it overleveraged itself

i dont think that will happen in anambra

besides dubai was building things it doesnt need for vanity

in anambra we need power,ports, and critical infrastructure,soludo is the man 4 the job
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Afam4eva(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2009
Soludo is not a fool. Because he says he wants to turn Anambra into Dubai does not mean he will copy every single thing. He could as well tell anambrarians to start dreesign like moslems.

Changing Anambra into a Dubai simply means providing the infrastures that's obtaines in most developed economies with Dibai as a case point.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by themano: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2009
Paddy_lo oh pls! Did you see the Soludo manifesto

Anambra Shopping World (biggest shopping mall in Africa)
Anambra Wonder Gardens (tourism and entertainment)
The Nollywood Studios
Bla bla

These are fanciful private sector initiatives that he wants to undertake by borrowing funds. We already have the largest Markets in West Africa in Onitsha and he wants to build largest Mall. Is Mall our problem now in Anambra sate.
He is talking of Skylines in Onitsha and sounding Dubaish in all his talk

The man is a theorist. Simple. He will put us in massive debts for generations to come and wont even reduce poverty levels. He is not the man. See the realistic man below.

http://www.newswatchngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1294&Itemid=1

and if you want more realism, download a copy of the Master Plan below and read it up.

www.unhabitat.org/pmss/getElectronicVersion.asp?nr=2685&alt=1
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Afam4eva(m): 9:28am On Nov 27, 2009
themano:

Paddy_lo oh pls! Did you see the Soludo manifesto

The Nollywood Studios
Bla bla

These are fanciful private sector initiatives that he wants to undertake by borrowing funds. We already have the largest Markets in West Africa in Onitsha and he wants to build largest Mall. Is Mall our problem now in Anambra sate.
He is talking of Skylines in Onitsha and sounding Dubaish in all his talk

The man is a theorist. Simple. He will put us in massive debts for generations to come and wont even reduce poverty levels. He is not the man. See the realistic man below.

http://www.newswatchngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1294&Itemid=1

and if you want more realism, download a copy of the Master Plan below and read it up.

www.unhabitat.org/pmss/getElectronicVersion.asp?nr=2685&alt=1

Has he told you that he's going to borrow money to implement those projects?
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by themano: 8:11am On Nov 28, 2009
We are waiting for him to tell us. The real man Peter Obi has told us how he will get his own for his Master plan and is not owing any body a dime, despite the massive achievements he's had.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by sjeezy8: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2009
[size=16pt]THE Movement Against Corruption in Nigeria (MAC), has asked the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to probe the currency printing scandal involving the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo.[/size]

the guy might be going to jail
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by airzzee(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2009

BADLEE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: airzzee on November 25, 2009, 04:41 AM

I HATE RESPONDING TO PAID POLITICIANS LIKE U, WHO REASON FROM SENTIMENTS WITHOUT MAKING A POINT. IF U HAVE SMTHING TO OFFER, ARGUE IT OUT BY PICKING HIS POINTS ONE AFTER THE OTHER AND LET US SEE. CAN U COMPARE YOUR RESPONSE WITH THIS FROM Avenit Link:

THANK U BROS 4 YOUR APPROACH. U SOUND MORE LIKE A SCHOLAR THAT D TOUT ABOVE.

BUT, ASIDE CHRIS UBA & ANDY UBA, DOES IT MEAN THERE AARE NO BETTER PPLE DT CAN CHANGE ANAMBRA? CHRIS NGIGE CAME AND SET A RECORD THAT HAS NOT BEEN BROKEN; HE IS NOT THE UBAs, HE IS NOT THE SOLUDOs. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF PHILOSOPHY. "HE WHO PAYS THE PIPER, CALLS THE TUNE." PDP FRONTS SOLUDO, AND SOLUDO WILL BE LIKE THEM. PPLE R D/4 NOT COMFORTABLE HIM, HIS PEDIGREE NT WITHSTANDING.

I'M NT 4RM ANAMBRA BUT WE ALL WATCH WITCH KEEN INTEREST.

I THINK THEY HAVE DECEIVED US 4 SO MUCH.

HI BADLEE,

U HAVE STILL NOT ARGUED YOUR POINT. YOURS SHOULD HAVE TO PICK HOLES POINT-BY-POINT AND NOT DULGING THE MAIN ISSUES. YOU HAVE NT SAID ANYTHING. SOMEBODY HAS SAID HIS MIND, COUNTER IT WITH COPIOUS INSTANCES. THAT MAKES A SOUND SCHOLAR.

NOW, THAT YOUR SENSES ARE SENSING ARE RETURNING CAN U NOW TALK?
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 28, 2009
The way people talk about Dubai going bust u will think all the Bridges and Skycrappers that make Dubai what it is has all exploded.

I think you guys should grow and dream for a better tomorrow.

With the kind of cynics we have, its not rocket science figuring out why we are not progressing. Instead of thinking how to better our lives we simply spend more times ridiculing those who dare to dream.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by themano: 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2009
@Mikeansy, there are good dreams and there are bad dreams. Soludo's dreams are dangerously bad dreams, that will plunge Anambra state into disaster. Do you know what it took nigeria to pay off our debts. Have you noticed that a lot of states are no longer able to even fund recurrent expenditures not to talk of taking on capital projects and most of them are in massive debts. Bros, what Anambra state needs now is a balanced, realistic manager of resources and not some day dreaming fanciful talking theorist. Soludo is a daydreamer. Let him turn his Isuanioma autonomous community first into a Dubai, then his Aguata Local Government, before turning Anambra.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by airzzee(m): 10:49pm On Nov 28, 2009
BROS, TELL PPLE LIKE BADLEE. THEY DONT UNDERSTND.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 29, 2009
themano:

@Mikeansy, there are good dreams and there are bad dreams. Soludo's dreams are dangerously bad dreams, that will plunge Anambra state into disaster. Do you know what it took nigeria to pay off our debts. Have you noticed that a lot of states are no longer able to even fund recurrent expenditures not to talk of taking on capital projects and most of them are in massive debts. Bros, what Anambra state needs now is a balanced, realistic manager of resources and not some day dreaming fanciful talking theorist. Soludo is a daydreamer. Let him turn his Isuanioma autonomous community first into a Dubai, then his Aguata Local Government, before turning Anambra.

Do you know what the Debt profile of UK, US or Germany is?

The reason our debt was a problem was because the money was actually looted. Debts are not necessarily a bad thing if well managed. What I simply see here is the kind of cynicism and excuses some take to remain poor forever just because they simply don't want to make the effort.

Soludo's dream is dangerous, while the promise of doing nothing and collecting Federal allocarion just to pay teachers salary has now become very fashionable.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by themano: 11:15am On Nov 29, 2009
@Mikeansy, first of all i can posit here that you dont live in Anambra State. So obviously all you know about the state come from hearsay and news media. To infer that the Present Governor is only collecting allocations and paying salaries is the biggest crap to spill here. Good managers of resources are those that are able to do much with the little they are given and not those that are waiting to borrow millions to show what they can do. You can refer to the parable of the talents by our Lord Jesus Christ to know more about this (Today is Sunday).
Its not by how much you borrow to satiate fanciful, fantasy projects that will make anyone a great leader. Take a cue from most of Scandinavian countries if you want to lecture us about debts. There are sensible and sensless debts. Soludo's debts will become sensless. See what Soludo will borrow money to do

"Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu International Airport (a public-private partnership with Anambra Airline taking Anambra to the world, and bringing the world to Anambra)
The Nollywood Studios"

He is really a hopeless theorist. Talk is cheap. Talk na do.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by skfa1: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2009
All this I will be selling petrol like pure water don tire me for Nigerian politician o jare angry angry
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Laster: 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2009
It really quite exciting to read the essay that our able brother has written.My golden advice to Prof is that he should not be too ambitious then his agenda should be streamlined two or three items under the same mission statement of turning Anambra to Dubai of Africa.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by cadmanspize: 4:48pm On Mar 21
Soludo took over $100m once he assumed office, literd the state with tiny & substandard roads - plunging the state's chance of becoming a modern area for investors to beckon with by constructing mediocre infrastructures.
Anambra is doomed with this ojionu prof. This slowudo has nothing to show for after almost 3 years? That's how he planned to acheave dubai-taiwan? Chaii!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Quotes On Corruption, Governance, Leadership, Poverty And Hunger. / Lai Mohammed And Ngige At The Tourism National Summit 2016 (photos) / Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.