Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! (9895 Views)

Nigerians Excited Seeing Obasanjo On A Plane (Video) / Nigeria Is The Business Hub Of Africa - Dubai King / Mercy Johnson Excited About Pastor Adeboye's Decison On Buhari/Osinbanjo Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by KnowAll(m): 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2009
It is one thing to plan, it is another thing to implement, It will dawn on Soludo on how inadequate Nigerians and our civil service has become when he gets into the hot sit.

A command ordered by the boss will be echoed down the chain of command, the chain might be 50 steps down, what invariably happens is that the  50th person who got this command might be opearting at a different level from the originator of the command, one will realise such commands gets lost in translation.

Instead of implementing XYZ, ABC and a really low quality ABC is presented for the price of XYZ. I have experince the Nigeria factor at first hand and, it will take an act of God for this peculiar factor to be banished from our DNA.

Was it not Obi  that drew the original master plans for Onitsha, Nnewi and Akwa, he spent a lot of money employ national and International consultants to draft  a comprehensive master plans for these cities. What happened to his vision upon mounting the rostrum was it lost in translation again.    undecided
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Beaf: 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2009
^
Don't forget he was CBN gov, so the civil service is not an alien creature to him.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2009
also. . .
they should employ nigerians and not chinese ect. . . workers.
i hope these jobs will go to nigerians oooo
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by asha80(m): 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2009
KnowAll:

It is one thing to plan, it is another thing to implement, It will dawn on Soludo on how inadequate Nigerians and our civil service has become when he gets into the hot sit.

A command ordered by the boss will be echoed down the chain of command, the chain might be 50 steps down, what invariably happens is that the 50th person who got this command might be opearting at a different level from the originator of the command, one will realise such commands gets lost in translation.

Instead of implementing XYZ, ABC and a really low quality ABC is presented for the price of XYZ. I have experince the Nigeria factor at first hand and, it will take an act of God for this peculiar factor to be banished from our DNA.

Was it not Obi that drew the original master plans for Onitsha, Nnewi and Akwa, he spent a lot of money employ national and International consultants to draft a comprehensive master plans for these cities. What happened to his vision upon mounting the rostrum was it lost in translation again. undecided

This is exactly what i want to know.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by SEFAGO(m): 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2009
also. . .

extremely good point. But I am 100% sure they would do the opposite.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Beaf: 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

also. . .

The problem here is that Nigeria's infrastruture base has been deliberately eroded so that corruption can thrive. But I see Soludo as the kind that has the vision for capacity building and investment in the individual as a resource. Let's keep fingers crossed.

THE-AMAKA:

thats kinda far fetched, dont you think?  undecided

too many pretty ladies and sexy guys in delta.
why all these bad belle people wan spoil am for me? cant they carry their kidnapping and other bullshit elsewhere?  angry

Yes it is, I would do the kidnapping! cool What red blooded male wouldn't kidnap a girl with smooth legs like yours?
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2009
Beaf:

The problem here is that Nigeria's infrastruture base has been deliberately eroded so that corruption can thrive. But I see Soludo as the kind that has the vision for capacity building and investment in the individual as a resource. Let's keep fingers crossed.

Yes it is, I would do the kidnapping! cool What red blooded male wouldn't kidnap a girl with smooth legs like yours?
Soludo seems like a pretty honest guy, i just hope he can keep that reputation.
kidnap me and do what? the criminal side of you is COMING OUT!

SEFAGO:

extremely good point. But I am 100% sure they would do the opposite.
na wa ooooo undecided i hope not.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by posakosa(m): 11:19pm On Nov 21, 2009
Nigerians deserve the FOOLISH leaders they get. wink
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Beaf: 11:21pm On Nov 21, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

. . .
kidnap me and do what? the criminal side of you is COMING OUT!
. . .

----Censored----

Nothing bad, sometimes crime pays big dividends or maybe very many babies wink
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Beaf: 11:22pm On Nov 21, 2009
posakosa:

Nigerians deserve the FOOLISH leaders they get. wink

I take it youre from Sao Tome?
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by THEAMAKA3(f): 11:49pm On Nov 21, 2009
Beaf:

----Censored----

Nothing bad, sometimes crime pays big dividends or maybe very many babies wink
HAHAHAHA!!! LOLOL
and if i say no, then what?
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Beaf: 11:54pm On Nov 21, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

HAHAHAHA!!! LOLOL
and if i say no, then what?

No means no o! Even for Zorro! grin
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:18am On Nov 22, 2009
KnowAll:

Was it not Obi  that drew the original master plans for Onitsha, Nnewi and Akwa, he spent a lot of money employ national and International consultants to draft  a comprehensive master plans for these cities. What happened to his vision upon mounting the rostrum was it lost in translation again. undecided

asha 80:

This is exactly what i want to know.

This is the answer to your question- taken from the speech! Whatever Soludo would be doing would seek to improve on what the others have done rather than discard them.
For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to acknowledge the good works of the previous governments (especially since the current democratic dispensation started in 1999). In particular, Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju, Dr. Chris Nwabueze Ngige, OON, and Mr. Peter Obi have each served the state to the best of their ability. Each of the administrations has done its best, especially in terms of roads and sundry projects. Since development is cumulative, we intend to build upon their works and I commend and congratulate them.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:02am On Nov 22, 2009
Beaf:

No means no o! Even for Zorro! grin
lmao!! this Beaf sef. cheesy
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by jojo13(m): 2:44am On Nov 22, 2009
I respects Charles academic and career records. but i want to stat clearly that natural wisdom is also very important in achieving great goals. I can confidently tell you that you do not need Charles academic record to be a great leader. I know men with little or no standards to be compared to Charles who have created empires that are richer than Nigeria eg Bill gate, dangote]. And by the way, this speech has alot of promises like every political speech, but Charles have failed to tell us where he will get the money to execute all this investment.
Iam not carried away, I think we need practical and bold leadership. some body who can deal with the wolves.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by onyengbu1(m): 6:49am On Nov 22, 2009
Amaka biko stop flirting with beaf. Is he the only fine boy for this NL? Im sure you ve not checked my profile pic.
Abeg Lets focus on soludo.

@post,
it is possible, the funds will come from anambra's largely waste IGR. Federal allocation, loans, proposed anambra oil fields exploitation and if you read the post well, he repeatedly hammered on patnership from outside the country.

If peter obi in his capacity can get Microsoft to be doing some projects in anambra now, i cant see why soludo cannot do better.

People stop doubting if he will perform because soludo is being groomed for 2015 elections and anambra will be the testing ground.
So anambra people, brace yourself for change!
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by elegal1(f): 8:00am On Nov 22, 2009
it's one thing to make so many plans and another thing to fulfill them.

48 laws of power, conceal your plans and make your intentions secret.
Fashola wasn't making a lot of noise on what he will do .
everything started unfolding, and that's the excitement of it all,nobody initially heard about all this things happening, but it started unfolding one after the other.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by paddylo1(m): 9:56am On Nov 22, 2009
soludo is the man

i dont know why there is all this pessimism,for gods sake there is oil in anambra.

what is dubai built on?is it not oil

if u can transform a desert in dubai,and a virgin forest in abuja,why not an already built up place like anambra,on the banks of the niger,

it will be another chicago or st louis,

i remember reading in the economist,an article some4yrs or so ago about how there is money in the east,and  anambra in particular,but all that lacks is vision and good leadership,the article stated that $350million exchanged hands daily in the city onitsha,and that was yrs ago

we need to tap the properties there to build wealth like soludo said,deepen the financial and mortgage market,get a befitting skyline by the niger for onitsha

i am from anambra,but i grew up in lagos,why would that be if onitsha is developed to potential?

and we need a new bridge too,i am kind of happy that they didnt build one yet,so maybe they can make the new bridge design a draw bridge that can let ships through to berth at onitsha port,and of course it would be nice to fly from lagos to anambra

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by McKren(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2009
The future of a country will continue to remain bleak so long as its citizens refuse to hope.

I am not alarmed by the dream to turn Anambra to a model Dubai or Taiwan or Japan or Whatever. I studied in Anambra for 6years, 1 year predegree course at Mbaukwu and 5years main course at Unizik, Awka. My time there was very educative not just because I was in Higher Education but because it offered me a chance to learn a lot more about our people and our space in Nigeria's geopolitical landscape.

Anambra like its name suggest is truly 'HOME FOR ALL' (Anambra nwelu ebu nwe mfu). Yes the roads used to be very bad at Iweka in Onitsha and most parts of the State, yes there was robbery in most dark corners of Onitsha just like you have in most parts of Nigeria.
But behind these ills you could still find the enormous ingenuity of the people waiting to be captured. Do you want to talk about the skills of Auto and spare part Artisans in Nnewi, or the fact that any new cloth designs anywhere in the world would surely have an indiscrimanable replica made in Iweka within weeks (and this includes Versace, Calvin Kelvin, Amani etc.), or do we want to talk about that the current success in Nolywood was possible thanks to the ingenuity and big dreams of Onitsha Film Directors when they launched the movie living in bundage.
Apart from these skills, that State is known for commerce and industry and has been known in the whole West Africa if not Africa even before most of us were born. The State has got great potential  with the dredging of River Niger as well  as the discovery of Oil.

So with all this potentials it is disheartening that all some want to talk about as their plan for Anambra is building roads and paying teachers Salary on time.

It is not impossible to set in motion a dream to better the lot of Anambra. Dubai or Taiwan may be used as part of the catctphrase to remake Anambra but surely these reforms will have a Nigerian feel to it. All may not be achieved either before Soludo leaves office but begin we must and whoever takesover can continue with these dream if Ndi-Anambra and South-East by extension could identify with it. All that is needed is a public-private sector partnership and Onitsha traders will begin to enjoy the kind of Government support they need to take their Business to the next level. Reverse-Engineering can also be used to help legitimise the copy-cat attitudes of some of our brothers in the skilled trade so that they can build a viable business they can call their own. This is what China does, they don't invent anything . . . . . .they mostly copy.

I also have no doubt in the ability of the man SOLUDO to dream big and set actions in motion to pursue those plans.  I am also impressed by Soludo's still and grit under fire. Soludo has a big heart and the heart of a LEADER.

I hope he wins.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by mekusxxx: 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2009
SEFAGO (m)
in hellfire. The chicks here are hot wink

Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited!
« #8 on: Yesterday at 09:42:32 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can Soludo be recycled? This is his very first political outing, or you tink say CBN work na politics?

yep, i think so. But I am not pointing at his character in general- the problem is that even if he wants to execute this program itself, it would be difficult and probably deep-rooted corruption would make such a projects be like pouring water in a hole.

I am not criticizing him anyways- i would be glad if another state surpasses lagos or abuja in some sort of economic activity. But Major question- what are his economic plans for Anambra? And my major gripe and distrust- only in Nigeria will a former central bank governor run for elections-

Sefago,

Do not allow your disguised dislike for anything Igbo ruin you. Do you know Clement Ebri? If so what position did he hold before he became a state governor? Simple test.

Anambra state is simply a genius waiting to be tapped and only intellectual and highly motivated people - such as Soludo is proving to be - can unleash that potential genius. So go, Soludo go and prep for the ultimate goal 2015
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by mekusxxx: 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2009
Please give Soludo a chance to perform or not, so he can be judged thereafter. Do not judge him when he is not yet there. Every one is giving Fasola a chance, despite the fact that he was not even known before he became a governor, compared to Soludo
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2009
mekusxxx:

Please give Soludo a chance to perform or not, so he can be judged thereafter. Do not judge him when he is not yet there. Every one is giving Fasola a chance, despite the fact that he was not even known before he became a governor, compared to Soludo
thank you, exactly what i was thinking, but not towards SEFAGO.
lets give this guy a chance before we start judging him.
i dont understand. these are the same people that complain that the government isnt not doing anything and when someone finally proposes a plan they instantly doubt the person and start saying they wont do it.
what kind of mindset is this? you complain that nothing is getting done and when someone wants to finally do something theyll complain and say this and that.
na wa for some people oooooo.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Beaf: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2009
onye_ngbu:

Amaka biko stop flirting with beaf. Is he the only fine boy for this NL? Im sure you ve not checked my profile pic.
Abeg Lets focus on soludo.

----Dispatches 10 hench men from the crocodile infested creeks of Warri to a location in "a nom n' ofe!!"---- grin

@topic
I am impressed by the promise of a technological foundation for Anambra. Let us see.

If Soludo wins, we will be watching Anambra closely. A lot of hope lies in a man of his calibre, we will need men of genius to uproot this country (come 2015) from the chasm Yar Adua is frantically digging.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by naijamini(m): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2009
If PDP wants to "legitimately" win any election in the next rounds they need their own "Fashola" (the hope in Yar'adua is just about go out, although he's got two years still -and almost surely another 4). That is enough time to bring positive change. Methinks Soludo could be that person, and yes we should be watching closely. This is what Nigeria needs - meritorious and healthy competition of ideas among parties, governors, local goverment chairmen, business men, academics, workers etc.

@topic
I am impressed by the promise of a technological foundation for Anambra. Let us see.

If Soludo wins, we will be watching Anambra closely. A lot of hope lies in a man of his calibre, we will need men of genius to uproot this country (come 2015) from the chasm Yar Adua is frantically digging.
[quote][/quote]
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by paddylo1(m): 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2009
soludo for 2015, i am liking that already grin
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 22, 2009
paddy_lo:

soludo for 2015, i am liking that already grin

Folks chill, we just need Soludo to win Anambra 2010 first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by chidichris(m): 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2009
pdp+soludo=obasanjo.
a dog can never give birth to a snake.
the same pdp that produced obj and all his promises and produced yar adua who promised us electricity within six months and today here is another big idiot who cannot win an ordinary primary election in anambra now promising to take anambra to dubai and taiwan the same day. what happens to japan and new york?
soludo is just a rubber stamp or a decoy used in attracting the innocent people of anambra state.
they are a very strong criminal gang but God for sure is stronger than them.
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by kcjazz(m): 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2009
Where is he going to get the funds for this blueprint? undecided
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by paddylo1(m): 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2009
pdp+soludo=obasanjo.
a dog can never give birth to a snake.
the same pdp that produced obj and all his promises and produced yar adua who promised us electricity within six months and today here is another big idiot who cannot win an ordinary primary election in anambra now promising to take anambra to dubai and taiwan the same day. what happens to japan and new york?
soludo is just a rubber stamp or a decoy used in attracting the innocent people of anambra state.
they are a very strong criminal gang but God for sure is stronger than them.

obasanjo and soludo are the best thing to happen to nigeria since 1980 till date

name me a better leader, just one?

soludos bank reforms helped quadruple nigerias gdp in just 8yrs,if he can do it for nigeria,he can do it for anambra

Where is he going to get the funds for this blueprint?

he is going to borrow it by floating long term bonds,u do know that dubai is indebted to the tune of $80bln dollars?

of course anambra wont borrow that much,but even a $5bln-$10 bln dollar bond with a 10 -20yr lifespan is enough to kickstart growth

the good thing about growth is that once it starts,it keeps going till u can pay off your loans relatively easy with tax reciepts
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by kcjazz(m): 11:06pm On Nov 22, 2009
paddy_lo:

obasanjo and soludo are the best thing to happen to nigeria since 1980 till date

name me a better leader, just one?

soludos bank reforms helped quadruple nigerias gdp in just 8yrs,if he can do it for nigeria,he can do it for anambra

he is going to borrow it by floating long term bonds,u do know that dubai is indebted to the tune of $80bln dollars?

of course anambra wont borrow that much,but even a $5bln-$10 bln dollar bond with a 10 -20yr lifespan is enough to kickstart growth

the good thing about growth is that once it starts,it keeps going till u can pay off your loans relatively easy with tax reciepts

Thanks for the info.
This is my problem with the blueprint. Dubai was not built in one day Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum the ambitious PM of Dubai is living the dreams of his father, he is the executor of the long term vision. This plans are not going to be addressed in 8 years hence I don't see no difference between him and others in the past. Remember Cross River state and the Tinapa project. undecided
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by paddylo1(m): 11:13pm On Nov 22, 2009
This plans are not going to be addressed in 8 years hence I don't see no difference between him and others in the past. Remember Cross River state and the Tinapa project.

surely u jest?, so do u propose we wait for a dictator who will rule for 20yrs before we start to plan?

abuja vision was started not by one person,look where it is today,same thing with a lot of things going on in lagos,started by tinubu and continued with fashola

one thing about nigerians is that we tend to stick with something as long as there is a vision and a masterplan

the problem is when there is no vision,then the politicians tend to lack direction

p.s,tinapa is already on from what i heard,the hotels and the film studios is already being used,plus the calabar carnival will also bring in patronage this december
Re: See Soludo's Plans In Detail- Africa's Dubai Taiwan! I Am Soooo Excited! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2009
kcjazz:

Thanks for the info.
This is my problem with the blueprint. Dubai was not built in one day Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum the ambitious PM of Dubai is living the dreams of his father, he is the executor of the long term vision. This plans are not going to be addressed in 8 years hence I don't see no difference between him and others in the past. Remember Cross River state and the Tinapa project. undecided

Should we blame the slow pace of Tinapa on lack of continuation or should we criticise the attempt to dream and make a diiference at all.

The lovely countries of Europe where we all hide and type what we like were not built by cynics. They were built by men who dreamt big and followers who made sure to keep the dream alive even when the initiators were gone.

Thank God you recognise that Dubai was started by a father and son is actualizing the dreams. But it is also true that the son had the luxury of actualizing those dreams because his fathers dared to dream. The reason we are where we are is because our fathers refused to dream big, should we continue to postpone HOPE because of our FEARS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Suspected Kidnappers Of ESUT VC Arrested / TIME Magazine Names 'Ebola Fighters' As Person Of The Year. [pix] / Tension Grips Abia As Ikpeazu, Otti Know Fate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.