Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:13 PM

Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? (15447 Views)

Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe Oghara School Fees 2018/2019 For ND And HND / Labour market: No Discrimination Between HND And Bsc In Architecture / The Polytechnic Ibadan 2017/2018 ND And HND Admission Processing Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by haftob(m): 11:44am On Jan 05, 2017
Since its the same course, I'll advice u run both, just make sure u give priority to the BSc than the ND. So many Unilag peeps run their NCE at FCE and BEd together.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Divay22(f): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2017
If you have the funds,You can go for both
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by pato405(m): 11:45am On Jan 05, 2017
Many have done both simultaneously. You won't be the first. If you can, I'll advice you do both. No knowledge is lost.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by purpledferanmi1: 11:45am On Jan 05, 2017
if you ve the capacity why not, but wat if ur exams or mid semester test clashes how will u go abt .
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by SirKriz(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2017
Are you allowed to run the two programmes concurrently? So you won't wake up one morning and find out they've cancelled both.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Mrnoniz(m): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2017
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by pricipal2003(m): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2017
Don't try this with UNILAG if u love urself o
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Antina(f): 11:49am On Jan 05, 2017
2kaybiel:
for disparity sake, go for unilag.

however, if you find yourself capable of running the two together, I will urge you to run it bcoz there are some cases that your ND may get you job before your BSc/HND gets you one

This man got it.

1 Like

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by petux(m): 11:49am On Jan 05, 2017
Mrnoniz:

oga you are still in nd1 .... go for unilag now or never.. haba.. luckily for you its d same course.. what kind of dilemma?
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 05, 2017
petux:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am currently in a dilenma which i don't know what chioce to make. Currently, i am a student of yabatech, still in ND1. Due to our late resumption, i picked up another jamb and fortunately for me, i was admitted to Unilag for the same course i am studying in yabatech. I really dont know if runing the two might be good for me or leaving my ND programme for Bsc. I met with some people who have graduated and ask for advices. Some told me to run both since they are not far from each other while some told me to leave yabatech so it affect both. Up till now, i have not made a decision. I decided to come bk here and ask for your advices on what to do about this as unilag will be starting lectures fully on Monday. Your comment will be appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless.
Lalasticlala fynestboi
Same thing happened to me but I had to leave the ND and continue bsc. Its stressful and its the same course.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by LordHiffy(m): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2017
bro focus on one for a better grade. Preferably BSc
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by taiwo3489(m): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2017
Currently doing the same thing, also in ND.

Those asking if test/exam might clash, the answer is NO. If u ar familiar wit yabatech u'l knw the calender is slow.

Though mine is different course but closely related.

1 Like

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by petux(m): 11:59am On Jan 05, 2017
donbrowser:
One of my greatest regrets in life is not getting a ND. Please ensure you get both. If you want to get into Alausa for example, it is easier with ND.

Hope you gerrit?
alausa as how?
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by daremum(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
why not?
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by goddeyooo: 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
It will be easy,u don't need a ride, I live in Gbagada both schools are very close. I met a guy in Niger state when I served in fact he finished the two. He was already in ND2 in yabatech when unilag gave him admission to study the same course statistics. He has both HND and BSc now. If he can do it without a ride u can do it without a ride. My two kobo

1 Like

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by idu1(m): 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
petux:
Hello Nairalanders,
I am currently in a dilenma which i don't know what chioce to make. Currently, i am a student of yabatech, still in ND1. Due to our late resumption, i picked up another jamb and fortunately for me, i was admitted to Unilag for the same course i am studying in yabatech. I really dont know if runing the two might be good for me or leaving my ND programme for Bsc. I met with some people who have graduated and ask for advices. Some told me to run both since they are not far from each other while some told me to leave yabatech so it affect both. Up till now, i have not made a decision. I decided to come bk here and ask for your advices on what to do about this as unilag will be starting lectures fully on Monday. Your comment will be appreciated.
Thanks and God Bless.
Lalasticlala fynestboi

Go for bsc and forget matta abeg
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by petux(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
Catalin:
Same thing happened to me but I had to leave the ND and continue bsc. Its stressful and its the same course.
really? What course is that?
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by AbuSaad39(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
If it is Engineering course you're into, please I advice you to keep the ball rolling with your ND cos its gives job faster than BS'c. I'm talking from experience.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by petux(m): 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2017
purpledferanmi1:
if you ve the capacity why not, but wat if ur exams or mid semester test clashes how will u go abt .
thats what am thinking also. It wil be automatic carryover if i shuld miss exam even test
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by cosade(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
Don't even think about it twice. Drop the ND programme immediately and focus more on your degree programme, to enable you graduate with good grades.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by kdfemi(m): 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
Please don't go for both at the same time it will affect your grades except if you are very good at multitasking and you are brilliant, I have to friends that actually did the two programme too, yaba tech and Unilag they had to pause one cause it was really affecting them
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by FLOURICON: 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
It all boil down to your ability to manage time well and assimilate large few of academic materials, although you are not expected to find first year university work much difficult since you are already in the like system and it is still the same course. The proximity of the two campus can also be an advantage.

But please remember that none of the two should suffer, therefore first consider your capabilities so you can make a sound decision. If you know you won't be able to cope running the two together, I will advise you go for Bsc.

Good luck.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by teabully(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
My broda go for d two, in 4yrs time, ur ND will b Relevant, dat afta ur nysc, always easier to get a sustainable job wit an ND, B.sc, always war, wish I had an ND too
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 05, 2017
I was once in your shoes some years ago. I did both at the same time though mine was Yabatech and Lasu (PT - Jibowu). I never regretted my actions up till today. I now have a choice of either ND or B.Sc certificate when taking a decision... Good to go
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by freemile2ru: 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
I really don't understand the way Nigerian's reason, is her primary purpose for going to school to get a job? U come here and say its easier to get a job with OND who told u she will be satisfied working under a boss that had a bsc like she does but she is under because she entered with OND. Who told you its who even get a job faster that makes it in life? A degree is a degree . Bsc automatical overrides the OND and the HND. Yet you are advising her to do both. What redundancy, what's the use of getting a pass in both when she can Channel her efforts to one and get a firstclass or 2:1. There is a reason why the academic curriculum is structured the way it is if not why can't u tell her to start taking year 2 courses in year one if she has the strength. Two federal schools for that matter, test will clash, exams will clash, attendance and all. Eventually she will be learning the same thing multiple time. My dear people that get double promotion don't still come back to repeat the class they skipped. You have been elevated already so pick up your career from that point. Not everyone has to go tru the root. Doing OND along Side BSC is highly redundant and a total waste of time. Instead channel all your energy to the bsc and have a goal or make your sef employable since that's the order of the way of Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by mofy1(f): 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
Though am an HND holder buh my younger bro made this same decision few years back and he is proudly B sc mechanical engineering(FUTMINNA) and OND in computer science(NIGER STATE POLY ZUGERU) grin. Though he started the poly program when he was already in mech eng 300level.

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Okundaye4(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
I finish from YABATECH, and I worked in UNILAG. You see, during my time at YCT, I have about 7 friends who were running the programs concurrently. It worked out for them and I can assure you will never regret it.

Meanwhile, Note that you MUST be very brilliant to combine both.
Lectures will clash but that will not be an issue as its the same course.
Test will clash. But its very rare.
Exam may clash but its very rare as well.
If exam clash, leave that of YCT and do that of Unilag, while u come back to do it next session.

Bottom line. If you have both YABATECH ND and UNILAG BSc, you have a GREAT advantage out there.
Na so I see am o.

1 Like

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by sunkyshow(m): 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
I have 2 friends that did both and they did well. The first guy actually gained admission to unilag yr 2 physics with direct entry and he was already in hnd 2 electrical at the time.

My other friend did ND 1 & 2 elect and he also gained admission to lag in metal mat 100lv and he finished his nd wit lower credit . Infact 3 other guys in my set did the same.

Above all, my conclusion is that these guys are extremely brilliant and 4 out of 5 of these pple finish wit distinction.
My set was 2004/05 elect yabatech
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by proffemi: 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
petux:
Hello Nairalanders,
Thanks and God Bless.
Lalasticlala fynestboi

Drop out of the ND, and focus on the Unilag programme.

This is a 100% true story: I once had a student who was running his HND in Yabatech concurrently with his BSc programme with us. I only found out when I invited him for a chat(he was on probation). Sadly, Yabatech tossed him when they found out he was a student of OAU [this is what he told me!! I don't know how Yabatech found out!]. As at the time we had our chat, he had just been tossed, and was quite depressed. According to him, he got to HND 2 in Yabatach. Long story short, his "probation" in OAU eventually because became "termination of studentship" due to poor performance.

AFAIK, per JAMB, it is illegal to run two programmes in tertiary institutions concurrently.

1 Like

Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
Waste of time, energy and resources. After all no guarantee of job after school. If you must run a program along with your degree program which I recommend out of the two, apprentice a skill.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2017
petux:
Hello Nairalanders,
Thanks and God Bless.
Lalasticlala fynestboi

I think you should do both.
Though it might be stressful, but I can assure you that will appreciate it in future.
Let me give you a good example.
If you study Computer Science (ND) in Yabatech, you will do come courses that will be done in your 2nd/3rd year (like Java, C/C++, Data Structure and Algorithm, Calculus, Seminar, Project, etc). These courses will give you an insight on what do expect later in Unilag.

After your ND programme, you can go for a year IT (which will definitely expose you, and earn more money).

"I have a friend that did HND (Computer Science) in Yabatech, and Bsc. in Uni-Ibadan at the same." grin cheesy

If you have someone to sponsor you, I strongly advise that you do both.
Re: Running My ND And Bsc Programme Together; Is It Advisable? by highbee02: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
200 level in University is greater than ND, go for unilag and concentrate fully on your studies. Do not shuttle as this may affect your performance in both

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Report Writing - The Purpose Of Reports (part 1) / Where Can One Report Sexual Harassment From Lecturers? / 5 Things Successful Students Do, That You Don't.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.