Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,547 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) (57185 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare's Daughter Wedding In London Today / Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot (why I Quit Redeemed Church) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by anonimi: 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2009
ochukoccna:

No 1 is infallible but that's such a sad commentary on the church of today. Again,I say, no 1 is perfect but I believe what Bakare is shouting out is we need to have standards even in our quest toward perfection.

especially if teh person is a leader in the religious or secular world- he must be held to the standards he claims and his followers should constantly review what he said previously and the text (Bible or constitution/laws) that forms the basis of their congregation.
And that is the difference between developed societies and we Africans.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Beaf: 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2009
C_Ronaldo:

. . .
It is not new that Pastor Tunde Bakare does not like anything about these two great apostle of Christ. The reason, I don't know. The summary of all he said about Bishop Oyedepo is that he doen't believe in Anointing Oil, Mantle and feet watching which is not a big deal but just his understanding of the scripture. I would also advice anyone that want to have an independent opinion about this to read the book that Pastor Tunde Bakare is condenming. I believe it is titled " THE MYSTERY OF THE ANOINTING OIL" Just open your mind and be independent while reading and look at the verses of the scriptures.

Issues he raised with Pastor E.A Adeboye seems to hinge on the fact that Pastor Bakare believes that he was the one that receive the vision for Redeem's growth. God is a faithful God and I believe he could also lead Pastor Bakare to grow his ministry much bigger than Redeem.

Everyone has freedom of speech and opinion and  anyone that is expecting a war of words will wait till eternity. I'm definitely sure that neither  Bishop Oyedepo nor Pastor Adeboye would  respond to all these. I must also tell you that this things are not new and it doen't signify any crisis in the body of Christ. If you are a Christian and after reading this, you Faith is shaking, I want to encourage you to see all these as part of the devices of the devil.  Now that your miracle is around the corner, don't be discourage.

Ha! The empire fights back!
Anointing oil, washing feet, mantle? Me too, I don't believe in babalawo! Tufia!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by jiniux(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2009
C_Ronaldo:

Having gone through the interview, I can't see any reason why people are raising such alarm on this forum. The truth is that most people on this forum have just heard what they had wanted to hear. There is nothing new in what Pastor. Bakare has just said. I have heard and read the same thing about Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor E.A Adeboye since 1996 from the same Pastor Bakare.

It is not new that Pastor Tunde Bakare does not like anything about these two great apostle of Christ. The reason, I don't know. The summary of all he said about Bishop Oyedepo is that he doen't believe in Anointing Oil, Mantle and feet watching which is not a big deal but just his understanding of the scripture. I would also advice anyone that want to have an independent opinion about this to read the book that Pastor Tunde Bakare is condenming. I believe it is titled " THE MYSTERY OF THE ANOINTING OIL" Just open your mind and be independent while reading and look at the verses of the scriptures.

Issues he raised with Pastor E.A Adeboye seems to hinge on the fact that Pastor Bakare believes that he was the one that receive the vision for Redeem's growth. God is a faithful God and I believe he could also lead Pastor Bakare to grow his ministry much bigger than Redeem.

Everyone has freedom of speech and opinion and  anyone that is expecting a war of words will wait till eternity. I'm definitely sure that neither  Bishop Oyedepo nor Pastor Adeboye would  respond to all these. I must also tell you that this things are not new and it doen't signify any crisis in the body of Christ. If you are a Christian and after reading this, you Faith is shaking, I want to encourage you to see all these as part of the devices of the devil.  Now that your miracle is around the corner, don't be discourage.

Nothing is new under the heaven. Be strong and keep moving in Faith.

God Bless you all

May God bless you and strengthen u in HIS faith.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by iorhenter(m): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2009
I WILL ADVICE THAT LET NO MAN BORN  OF A WOMAN ACCUSE OR JUDGE A MAN OF GOD.

LET GOD HAVE HIS JUDGEMENT ON WHOEVER, IT IS A SIN TO EVEN JUDGE YOUR FELLOW BROTHER.

LET GOD BE THE JUDGE.

Broda, Do you read the Bible at all, or you depend on people to read and tell you what they think it is?

Men of GOD in the Bible questioned God and he answered, how much more humans? People Just sit these days and quote from the Bible where it favors them Most.

If you really want to know God, seek Him in his instructional Manual; THE BIBLE. There is so much in there to Help you and so much in there to exploit you with (That is, if you choose to wait on those that know how to read and tell you what they know u want to hear)

Consider these Bible verses:
Matthew 24:
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
and
2 peter 2:
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

The "men of God" in this Generation have made it seem as if 'Men can serve God ANY HOW'
but, is that True according to the Bible? They have made somethings in the Bible look as if there are not really important. for instance
1 Cor 11:1-6
1 Corinthians 11

1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.

3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered,
KJV

that is just to mention but a few. All that matters in today's church is how much a man can bring not how he got the Money, How he/she is dressed and all that. It's now a norm for Ladies to wear Mini-skirt, Low-west and skimpy clothes to the church exposing all their Bodies for men to see. My Fellow Christians, Can a "Healthy man" get in the spirit in church when he has a girl seated in front of him with all her Buttocks exposed? Please, lets call a spade a spade (and vice versa).
Matt 18:6-7

6 But whoso shall cause one of these little ones that believe on me to stumble , it is profitable for him that a great millstone should be hanged about his neck, and (that) he should be sunk in the depth of the sea.

7 Woe unto the world because of occasions of stumbling! for it must needs be that the occasions come; but woe to that man through whom the occasion cometh!
ASV

All these and more Happen under the nose of "THE MEN OF GOD".

God is the same form the time past to the Future, He has not changed and will not change his standards for Any man.

Remember what he told the Israelites in the wilderness:
Deut 30:15-16

15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it,
KJV

and he (GOD) further advised them, 
Deut 30:19

19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore CHOOSE LIFE , that both thou and thy seed may live
KJV

You know why? Because he gave us the gift of Free-will.
So, I put it to you today; You are free to choose between LIFE and DEATH. Which ever decission you have made, PLAY BY THE RULES.

Luke 6:43-44

43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit ; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit .

44 For every tree is known by his own fruit . For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
KJV

Judge a tree by its fruit brothers, call a spade a spade, there's nothing wrong about that.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by ochukoccna: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2009
Tcrack:

how i wish my family members can read this. especially my mum.maybe she will do something tangible with the little she earns instead of using it to :SOW SEED"
Print it out for her, get her to read it and have an intelligent discussion with her afterward.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by dapsycool(m): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2009
Tcrack:

how i wish my family members can read this. especially my mum.maybe she will do something tangible with the little she earns instead of using it to :SOW SEED"

grin grin grin grin Funniest sh+t on nairaland. 9ja, I miss that country, so many black magas running to pastor, pastor, pastor,

Husband; pastor, pastor, pastor, my wife cannot see.
Pastor; Now receive your sight ***pastor touches her forehead***
Wife; Pastor, pastor, pastor , now I can see you.
Pastor; what color is this?
Wife; Blue ***how does she recognize color blue? grin grin grin ***
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2009
abeg that one na generalization
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2009

instead of you to be thankful your mum is praying for you.

though its true they can overdo it sometimes, but the thought counts just as much as the action or inaction.

but if the money she's giving is in excess, then maybe you should pray for her as well, unless you left the beaten path long ago or recently.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by iorhenter(m): 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2009
abeg that one na generalization

lol which One be generalization?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2009
^ dapsycool's post
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by ochukoccna: 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2009
C_Ronaldo:

It is not new that Pastor Tunde Bakare does not like anything about these two [size=14pt] -point 1-great [/size]apostle of Christ. The reason, I don't know. The summary of all he said about Bishop Oyedepo is that he doen't believe in Anointing Oil, Mantle and feet watching which is not a big deal but just his understanding of the scripture. I would also advice anyone that want to have an independent opinion about this to read the book that Pastor Tunde Bakare is condemning. I believe it is titled " THE MYSTERY OF THE ANOINTING OIL" Just open your mind and be independent while reading and look at the verses of the scriptures.

Issues he raised with Pastor E.A Adeboye seems to hinge on the fact that [size=14pt]-point 2-Pastor Bakare believes that he was the one that receive the vision for Redeem's growth. God is a faithful God and I believe he could also lead Pastor Bakare to grow his ministry much bigger than Redeem[/size].

[size=14pt]-point3-Everyone has freedom of speech and opinion[/size] and anyone that is expecting a war of words will wait till eternity. I'm definitely sure that neither  Bishop Oyedepo nor Pastor Adeboye would  respond to all these. I must also tell you that this things are not new and it doen't signify any crisis in the body of Christ. If you are a Christian and after reading this, you Faith is shaking, [size=14pt]-point 4-I want to encourage you to see all these as part of the devices of the devil. [/size] 

[size=14pt]-point 5-Now that your miracle is around the corner, don't be discourage.[/size]

God Bless you all

Point 1- Let God ascribe that honor to them. Recall what Christ said when the apostles were fighting for greatness and position amongst each other. That service to the brethren was what made you great not the brethren serving you and called you all sorts of names. This was eventually what made Christ stoop to wash the disciples feet [ a task for slaves of His day] just to demonstrate and drive home this principle.

Point 2- While he said he received the model parish vision, he said still in the same interview that God told him to move because his time was up there. Please read again, Secondly, the vision for the model parishes was given to me, not to Pastor Adeboye, regardless of all propaganda and lies you have heard. It was on 3rd of May 1988 that God gave me the vision. There was no other person in the place where God gave it to me. I went to Ladipo Oluwole Street. And I have witnesses. One of them is dead, two are alive. Babalola, who was electrician in the church; Olufunlayo, who was the builder that built my house at the camp; and Olugbemi, a painter in that church, who has left now to start his own church. They were the three people I took to this building and we started. It was the fourth day and I said, wait a minute, I’ve not told Pastor Adeboye what God told me. And they took me in their car and we rushed to the camp and Pastor Adeboye came the following day. And when he saw what I was doing, he said: ‘What would you call this?’ God is witness and let God be the judge of every man in life. I said: ‘Sir, I have no desire to be a pastor. I received this vision that what you are doing can never catapult the gospel to the nations of the earth. Because everything is marooned in Ebutte Metta among the old (what they called classical). And it’s like reading the Bible upside down.’
I asked how we could reach the next generation and suggested that we should call this Model Parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. The concept then was to have one Model Parish in every city. So, we did one in Lagos and we did one in Ibadan until 1 October 1988, when God said my time was up.

Note that he said he never wanted to be a pastor. It's not about having the biggest church. Know that not all growth is not an indication of well being. Such growth could in fact be cancer.

Point 3- This is not about freedom of speech and religious warfare. It's about issues in today's Christianity.  especially as it practiced in 9ja where it is 9 miles long but 5 inches deep. Please stop confusing the issues he raised with the personalities involved. Read your bible right side up and see Paul confronting Peter, warning about Hymenaeus and Alexander to Timothy while telling Titus that Demas [a once trusted associate] had gone back to his pre-Christian life. All the above had to do with them going contrary to sound doctrine which he addressed yet mentioned their names. He-Bakare- also said this men cursed him but you haven't said anything about that yet.

Point 4- Which devices of the devil? Dude the man is laying down sound doctrine as the marker for genuine Christianity and you are saying, devices of the devil? shocked Also why will people's faith be shaken? [size=18pt]That's one great challenge with many 9ja Christians seeing their faith is in the man of God [and their mantles, bottles of oil, holy water etc.] not in God Himself![/size]

Point 5- Miracle around the corner? This signs shall follow them that believe, In my name, Signs/Miracles should follow U dude because U R following your God not U jumping after it by a man of God though God in His sovereignty could use a man of God or even a fellow congregation member to manifest it. As Noel Woodroffe says, Miracles are a by product of your former correctness [walking in line with God's will].
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by saworoide: 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
C_Ronaldo:

Having gone through the interview, I can't see any reason why people are raising such alarm on this forum. The truth is that most people on this forum have just heard what they had wanted to hear. There is nothing new in what Pastor. Bakare has just said. I have heard and read the same thing about Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor E.A Adeboye since 1996 from the same Pastor Bakare.

God Bless you all

The bold part says it all. Some people can not just serve or worship God unless they think of Miracles. Whatever happens to the statement attributed to Jesus in the bible that it is only evil and adulterous generations that always seek  miracles.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by o9999: 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
@ C_Ronaldo  , U just qioted some and left the others,
yea Oyedepo sdoes not believe in annoiting oil and co,
what of the other things that Bakare said e.g,
1) your life blessings are tied to your tithes (no longer the grace of God or his abundant mercies or blessings)
2) Every Pastor's wife is a pastoress (how then is the home being managed)??
3) monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, are all semi, demi mandatory activity days - essential church activity days,
what time do you go to work, stay with your family and teach them the way of the God, etc
4) no need to continue,

As a christian, its important to
1. Give and participate in activities of / for God,
but every thing is to be done AS THE SPIRIT LEADS YOU, not as the pastor leads you!

Pick a poor /orphan and start training him/her inschool (to the knowledge of ur church daddy)
, , then reduce the amt of money you bring to church cos of this,

that will let you know for sure, if it is all about the work of God
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by BlueMagic2(m): 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2009
I've always said people dat are crazy/fanatical about religion and men of God should find out who JIM JONES was and about his JONESTOWN. An insight "Jim Jones was a well renowned evangelist in the U.S.A in the mid 70's to late 70's. Go to Google and type JIM JONES to find out more.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
Yee, my eyes o. I don tire to dey read on top pc. I think I'll get myself a copy of the magazine.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by yinka85: 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
This is going to be a very long thread.Trust my words.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by osssy09: 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
o9999:

@ C_Ronaldo  , U just qioted some and left the others,
yea Oyedepo sdoes not believe in annoiting oil and co,
what of the other things that Bakare said e.g,
1) your life blessings are tied to your tithes (no longer the grace of God or his abundant mercies or blessings)
2) Every Pastor's wife is a pastoress (how then is the home being managed)??
3) monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, are all semi, demi mandatory activity days - essential church activity days,
what time do you go to work, stay with your family and teach them the way of the God, etc
4) no need to continue,

As a christian, its important to
1. Give and participate in activities of / for God,
but every thing is to be done AS THE SPIRIT LEADS YOU, not as the pastor leads you!

Pick a poor /orphan and start training him/her inschool (to the knowledge of your church daddy)
, , then reduce the amt of money you bring to church cos of this,

that will let you know for sure, if it is all about the work of God

I am not a member of Winner but the few times i have gone i have seen that they are one of the churches that don;t stress on tithes,this is what i have witness.

If a pastors wife is a also a pastor i don;t see anything wrong, Bakares wife is not a pastor dose not mean others can;t,how they run there home is left for them to answer that is not an issue.

There is no church that u have church service all days of the week that statement is a fallacy.

With what i kn ,Pastor Adeboye is not the founder of RCCGM his tenure as the GO will soon elapse

That been said, there are some false MOG even God acknowledged it, we need God's direction.

Who was the pastor that said God told him that OBJ will not rule Naija again,and something will happen if he did ??
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by cicero(m): 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2009
I don't know much about this Tunde Bakare except that I listened to him preaching once on TV and I give it to him, he is eloquent, from then I followed up on him a little until I read an interview he granted one of the dailies sometime ago and the interviewer asked him about his wife beating allegations, of course he denied. Next I read his prophecy on Obasanjo, and by the way checking that particular blooper up against the scriptures would mean God didn't send him, at least not to say what he said at the time. Next I listened to his message where he tried to justify his failed prophecy.
My conclusion of him is that he is more a social critic (or commentator) than a pastor (Maybe he wants to fill Gani's vacuum).
These men he is confronting and maligning for cheap publicity and relevance are clearly not his enemies, and no real pastor has time for such trivialities that only satisfy the enemies of the church of Christ, he is taking sides against his own brothers who are doing better than him (Jealousy?). He is in error, nothing in his interview says he has waited on God for his christian brothers so that they will repent. Lester Sumrall whom he claims to be his mentor wouldn't do what he just did.
Besides, his interview can only whet the appetite of the ignorant and using the word 'occultic' is way to the extreme.

Lastly, non of these men can be accused of having used force to extort money from any one, tithing is not by force, I have heard Bishop Oyedepo on several occasions say if you are not getting blessed in Winners, leave and go to where you can be blessed. He has not forced anyone to use the anointing oil either.
Going to the ministry of a man who has been a source of blessing to even president of nations, and spanning about three decades, and lifting one such issue as anointing oil, mantle and starting of model parish while neglecting the countless number of lives who have been blessed can only be jealousy.

I am a living proof of the result of Bishop David Oyedepo's obedience to the calling of God in his life. I have consistently stood out among my mates just by following him. My marriage is like heaven on earth filled with spiritual and material blessings just by following him

Bishop David Oyedepo has never claimed to be a self-made man like Tunde Bakere, rather he has never stopped celebrating men who have been a blessing to him.
This though will not faze him because I have heard him say he told God he will never pretend not to have heard his call. I have also heard him say that God told him that he will not have him go into ministry like others did and failed, but will rather have hands laid on him. Today hundreds of thousands all over the world are being blessed for it.
Perhaps if Covenant University was a free school and just like state and federal universities, she wouldn't have so many enemies.

I am not defending him nor the others and even if I wanted to, Nairaland may not be the best place, I have spoken so if possible Tunde Bakare will read (maybe he is a nairalander) and know that he is in error. If was is spirit filled and spirit led he should have interceded for them. I'd like him to know that on the other, you can pull any on down and stiil make it, but on this side - God's kingdom, if you don't celebrate other people's success and prosperity whether pastors or laymen, you will not be given yours.
I have to go pray and sleep, I have a busy day tomorrow.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by MrCrackles(m): 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2009
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Yawns!!!!! cool
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by meine: 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2009
undecided
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by shabbie(m): 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2009
osssy09:

I am not a member of Winner but the few times i have gone i have seen that they are one of the churches that don;t stress on tithes,this is what i have witness.

They have tithe forms to monitor your payment!

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 23, 2009
@shabbie: where did you dig that picture from? shocked
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by oyinda3(f): 11:16pm On Nov 23, 2009
what a pic
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by bawomolo(m): 11:57pm On Nov 23, 2009
that pic is a classic.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by tunnytox(m): 12:02am On Nov 24, 2009
LMAO for the pic, Mobile tithe collection, grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by janedoe(f): 12:49am On Nov 24, 2009
Hey Iorhenter,how do you do?I saw ur profile pic and guess what?I know you very well,we went to the same Uni but I won't tell you who I am,I'll let you try and figure it out. grin wink
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by puskin: 12:53am On Nov 24, 2009
Churches are now busy installing POS terminals for tithe collection, offering nd other money yielding schemes that pop-up now and then in their various branches.
Where is it written in the Bible that your tithe which I bliv is optional must be paid in cash.
Isn't this a form of church commercialisation??
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by volasunkan: 1:20am On Nov 24, 2009
The greatest coverups of the present day church are
1)tithing (giving is recommended in the new testament"not out of necesity or compulsion for he that soweth sparingly shall reap sparingly and he that soweth bountifully shall reap bountifully for God leved a cheerful giver"
2)XMAS,EASTER,GOOD FRIDAY and what-have-you-these festivities where neva mentioned in the bible at all and Hear Christ himself-"for as often as you do this(Holy communion),you do it in remembrance of me" [b][/b]HE NEVER ASKED ANYONE TO DO BYDAY FOR HIM.
3)SPEAKING IN TONGUES-if anyone will speak in tongue,let there be someone to interprete
4)SALVATION WITHOUT IMMERSION IN BAPTISM-the bible says"he that beleive and IS BAPTIZED is saved,if you born again,confess Jesus and no baptism,you are not saved yet
5)MIRACLE HEALING-Pstr Tunde bakare is completely right,I laugh at ignorance of medically challenged people who seek help in wrong spiritual places and authority
6)LORD'S SUPPER-its strictly the unleavened bread(unrisen bread due to absence of yeast) and fruit of the vine(come in packaged bottles).

to be contined.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by bibiking1(m): 1:56am On Nov 24, 2009
Now that picture is my official screen saver for the month!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by DisGuy: 2:03am On Nov 24, 2009
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Epiphany(m): 2:17am On Nov 24, 2009
;d
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) by Beaf: 2:41am On Nov 24, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo / Pastor Dare Adeboye's Burial Arrangements / Apostle Johnson Suleman Arrives Cyprus For A Crusade (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.