Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants (20842 Views)

Plateau: Niger Delta Militants Blow Hot, Reveal What’ll Happen In 21 Days / I Am The Happiest Man In The World - Former Niger Delta Militant Says. Photos / Niger Delta Militants Demand Return Of Oil Blocs Held By Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by APCmyheart(m): 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
seguno2:

Jonathan was not president in 2009.
Do you have the same senility health issues like your idol?
Just asking.

Who was the president then? When did Yaradua died?

And GEJ was president for let say 5yrs to agree with you and what did he do?
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by TeamSimple(m): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
Na wetin dem like be that. thought they were fighting for the good of the niger delta states.

To their online supporters, i hope you also get paid.
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by Royalfurnitures: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
So after all the grandstanding and threat to crush them, FG still bowed down to their demands.

Pls check out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by Ecosystem4u: 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
XXLDICK:
You didn't even state the reason why they should be payed.
Keep supporting terrorists. Probably you are even one if them
They should be paid becos they deserve to be paid!!!
As for being one of them, am not.
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by trinity11(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
fxjohn2:
During his inauguration speech when the president just got sworn in, he made a very big and bold statement that the amnesty would be stopped immediately and just after a little while this man has eaten his own words. Where is 2019? I want to see if there is anyone who will tell me to believe any of these people leading us again.

with due respect sir, I'd to make it clear in bubu ' voice
my gwovernment will not negotiate with terrorist
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by XXLDICK(m): 5:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ecosystem4u:

They should be paid becos they deserve to be paid!!!

As for being one of them, am not.
They should be paid because they deserve to be paid
Clearly state you have no tangible reason to give.
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by olusipimp(m): 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

They should not only resume the payment, they should also increase the amount of money from 65k to 1 million naira each

These guys have been feeding Nigeria since 1856

You go into their communities, suck up all their oil, don't allow them to work in that oil block that sucks all their oil, they don't have good roads and at the end of the day you give them 65k (that's how much i wash my cars with every month)
senseless opinion.........sit down n think abt ur opinion......better use ur free 10 mb for sometin better
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by coputa(m): 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2017
Odkosh:
Being a militant can be sweet. Get paid without work. We ipod youth won't like this..... grin grin grin
IPOD is pursuing a crazy,senseless and unrealistic course.
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by doubleportion: 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
THIS IS THE WISDOM!
WE STILL NEED OIL TO GET OUT OF THE RECESSION
AND ALSO TO DIFERSIFY, ONCE OUR ECONOMY IS FULLY DIFERSIFIED, WE CAN NOW REVIEW THE AMNESTY PROGRAMME.
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by adamshuaib(m): 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
These is just wrong. It encourages anoda set of youths to take up arms against the government.
They should be stopped by force juwt likethe Boko haram terrorist. The government shouldnt tolerate and encourage people that break the law
Look at what recently happened in southern kaduna.
These payment is whats encouraging ppl to do so.
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by ifeanyi83(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

They should not only resume the payment, they should also increase the amount of money from 65k to 1 million naira each

You go into their communities, suck up all their oil, don't allow them to work in that oil block that sucks all their oil, they don't have good roads and at the end of the day you give them 65k (that's how much i wash my cars with every month)

I won't mind washing your car bros. Even for half the price.
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by indsstudy: 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by mikolo80: 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

those 20 000 have been feeding Nigeria ba
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by GMBuhari: 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
XXLDICK:
Stupid country

Can't the money be used to build power plants for the Niger Delta

Can't the money be used to build refineries and employ Niger Deltans as members of staff

A country where billions are payed to criminals.
Criminals are being payed higher than the police.

Even if FG wants to build all of that , they will blow it up and still ask for money because that is all they care about and that is what they want , they don't want a better future or facilities or anything, they just want to frustrate Buhari

seguno2:
This is not true at all.
How can Gen. Muhamadu Buhari (ret.) pay militants?
When he can simply kill all of them as he did to Boko Haram terrorists?
Was that not what the zombies told us?
APC and lies be like 5 and 6!!!

See this one , not so long ago fake news trended on NL about how your elders have negotiated with Buhari and that there's peace talk going on , a few days later it was not true , rejoice for the moment, personally i do not think it's true but if it is true , Buhari has disappointed himself
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by coputa(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
The federal government is offering this olive branch because they knew quite well that the oil producing areas that produces over 70 percent of the nation's revenue has been criminally neglected by successive government for ages,while regions that contributes nothing to the nation's coffers has bountiful share of the oil wealth,This is a demonic injustice that must be corrected,the stipend paid to the militant is just a short term solution.The amount should be reviewed upward in terms with the current economic reality.
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by duni04(m): 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
fxjohn2:

Hahaa! I am a smart person, if you want link I can give you 10 different links of that speech from both local and international news media. But just take this link from VOA voice of America and cover your head in shame.

http://www.voanews.com/a/delta-militants-question-amnesty-as-buhari-takes-office/2804481.html
You're the biggest fool in the history of Nairaland. You just provided a link to expose your lies, foolishness and ignorance. This article clearly stated that analysts were afraid and speculating on whether the incoming President would continue with the amnesty deal his predecessor started and whether he would extend it. No where did they quote Buhari as saying he would end the deal.
You're are truly born of an ignorant animal. BIG FOOL!!!!!!
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by Nizguy(m): 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
Should I start to vaderlaze oil pipe too just to get share Any way let's wait and see where it lead us
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by vickylincon(m): 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
XXLDICK:
Stupid country

Can't the money be used to build refineries and employ Niger Deltans as members of staff

What about those Niger Deltans that have been law abiding

When the law abiding ones decide to do what others did to get money, I hope there would be enough money to go around.

How can a country be rewarding criminals for crimes

No reward for law abiding citizens.

What message is she passing, crime pays

My major objective this year is to leave Africa.

I need to go to a country that values law abiding citizens like me.

Look at the comments below and above me then you'll get one of the reasons I hate Africa... Sharing the same national space with dimwits.
obviously, people with common sense are low in nairaland. This your point is what have been saying since, these guys are criminal.. But you see some people encouraging them anytime they blow up pipeline. This things caused recession, land pollution and some people don't deemed it fit to expose them to authorities for prosecution. They really hand twist the fg. Am really tired as well my bro

1 Like

Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by seguno2: 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
GMBuhari:
See this one , not so long ago fake news trended on NL about how your elders have negotiated with Buhari and that there's peace talk going on , a few days later it was not true , rejoice for the moment, personally i do not think it's true but if it is true , Buhari has disappointed himself

He was.
He is.
He will always be.
A disappointment.
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by mikolo80: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
XXLDICK:
Stupid country

When the law abiding ones decide to do what others did to get money, I hope there would be enough money to go around.

Look at the comments below and above me then you'll get one of the reasons I hate Africa... Sharing the same national space with dimwits.
are you minding Niger delta ppl. They think the militants are fighting for them. Them few collect their share clean mouth while we insult ourselves online

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
shocked
XXLDICK:
Stupid country

1 Share

Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by slimfit1(m): 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
XXLDICK:
Stupid country

You have a good idea there but it is too late the guys don't wise up.

1 Like

Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by fxjohn2: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
duni04:

You're the biggest fool in the history of Nairaland. You just provided a link to expose your lies, foolishness and ignorance. This article clearly stated that analysts were afraid and speculating on whether the incoming President would continue with the amnesty deal his predecessor started and whether he would extend it. No where did they quote Buhari as saying he would end the deal.

Hahaa Hahaa! Instead of you to keep quiet, you are the fool who cant even read simple English. I have pasted paragraph 3 and 4 of that VOA article below and I hope you know what a paragraph is?

"This arrangement started in 2009, but it wasnever supposed to last forever. New Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari said so in his inauguration speech last week, announcing the program would end in December.He added that the government would, “invest heavily in the projects, and programs currently in place.” A spokesman for Buhari declined to comment further on the president's remarks"
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by ceejay80s(m): 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2017
XXLDICK:
Stupid country

Supported

1 Like

Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by discusant: 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
XXLDICK:
Stupid country

Pay them the token, their problems solved.

Lack of good education is the disease in the south south.
Many in the south south, including the most educated, still believe that Hausa/Fulani shall one day agree to return to fiscal federalism or resource control in Nigeria. Never

But little did they know that their destiny is strictly tied to cooperation with the Igbo in order to achieve whatever they want from Nigeria.

Igbophobia that was inculcated to their psyche is holding them captive in one Nigeria.
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by fxjohn2: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
duni04:

We that have sense will educate you fools. This is the president's full speech from vanguard.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/read-president-buhari-inaugural-speech/
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by aku626(m): 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
Smh for this country ND is not even in his manifesto. This govt instead of focusing on 'bettering' the life of people has decided to feed criminals. I only see this act as gesture to explain why he's planning on doing the same for the Fulanis
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by duni04(m): 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
fxjohn2:

We that have sense will educate you fools. This is the president's full speech from vanguard.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/read-president-buhari-inaugural-speech/
Please does this thread have a mod!!!
Someone should ban this guy already for ignorance and spreading false information.

"The amnesty programme in the Niger Delta is due to end in December, but the Government intends to invest heavily in the projects, and programmes currently in place"

This was what Buhari said about the Amnesty program. The program was already slated to end in December 2015 according to Jonathan's deal with the Ex militants. The only thing Buhari mentioned in that speech was an already existing expiry date, he said nothing about its termination or elongation. No where in the speech did he say he would terminate the Amnesty program.
People like this fxjohn delight in spreading hate, lies, false information and slander to suit their already biased and perverted ideals and morals. You people are pathetic!!!
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

65K for only car wash? easy bro
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by erico2k2(m): 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
XXLDICK:
Stupid country

They wont do that cos they don't want them to.see the light . Well I also blame the leaders on thier part of that region same as mine.

1 Like

Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by gemale(m): 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

Y do we lyk encourage wrongdoing in ds coun3? Paying money 2 criminals? I thought buhari wld b different. D only thing dey r doing is promoting criminality. Let's tnk well in ds coun3. A graduate gets paid 19,800 monthly 4 a yr while a criminal gets paid 65k since 2009 (almost 8 yrs nw). Wt lesson r we passing 2 D citizens & our future generations? Dt crime pays? R those militants d only 1s in d Niger delta dt shld b singled out 4 such favoritism? As long as dey get their money, dey wldnt mind if their land still remains polluted & underdeveloped. Y do we keep looking 4 quick fixes in ds coun3 instead of lasting & long term solutions?
Re: FG Resumes Payments To Former Niger Delta Militants by fxjohn2: 7:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
duni04:

Please does this thread have a mod!!!
Someone should ban this guy already for ignorance and spreading false information.

"The amnesty programme in the Niger Delta is due to end in December, but the Government intends to invest heavily in the projects, and programmes currently in place"

This was what Buhari said about the Amnesty program. The program was already slated to end in December 2015 according to Jonathan's deal with the Ex militants. The only thing Buhari mentioned in that speech was an already existing expiry date, he said nothing about its termination or elongation. No where in the speech did he say he would terminate the Amnesty program.
People like this fxjohn delight in spreading hate, lies, false information and slander to suit their already biased and perverted ideals and morals. You people are pathetic!!!

Haaha!hehe! the fool! So you are still talking. So let's go on. It was this king of the North that set that date. Mr FOOL please don't faint after you see the next link

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/buharis-dec-deadline-to-terminate-amnesty-not-feasible-ex-militants/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Witness Faults Results Of Presidential Election Claimed By Atiku, PDP / Seyi Makinde: Nigeria Needs Security, Restructuring, Not Yoruba Presidency / ‘Alamieyeseigha Was On Life Support Before Death’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.