Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) (43683 Views)

Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away / Anybody Ever Used Plastic Sepitc Tank(soakaway) Here? / Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Pesuzok(m): 12:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
BRAINCRASH:
Good morning OP ...Emeka is my name...Architect y profession...I stay in Abuja....and work in Area 3....we can meet if you want....
........the conventional method of handling that soak away here in Abuja is by dewatering,....then place columns inside with beams at intervals depending on the depth...build to normal height....and then place an exit pipe opposite where the sewage comes from....let me assure you that no mater how you de-water your pit it will always be filled with water all year round....don't forget to use water seal in your concrete work

the logic is this....when the sewage comes in from one side...the solid component settles at the base...meanwhile the tank will remain full with foul water which[b] overflows into an open drain[/b] from the opposite side......the overflow pipe helps to see that the pit does not overfill the given level...more so the water coming out from th eother side mus have undergone decomposition and will not be harmful to the environment....

for further Enquiry call me.....
Emeka .Arc.

Which open drain?
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pesuzok:

Thank you for understanding, my major concern is entry level of the outlet pipe. I am expecting a reply

Okay...It now seems the outflow won't be possible right?First and formost such is usually experience I'f proper setting out isn't carried out.But I'f u see no any other way,u ought to use a lift pump
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Pesuzok(m): 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
stinflame:

Okay...It now seems the outflow won't be possible right?First and formost such is usually experience I'f proper setting out isn't carried out.But I'f u see no any other way,u ought to use a lift pump

How does the lift pump work?
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by ApostleBuk: 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
shocked

Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pesuzok:

How does the lift pump work?

more of a pump which lift th. sewerage from a lower elevation to a higher elevation...bt it is cost effective as it must be on constant power.

have u tot of locating the septic tank at a different position and a much lower elevation WRT the inlet pipe.
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Paskilo75: 3:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
I am a Civil Engineer residing in Abuja, call me on this number for a Professional advise. 08037744729.
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
Ile egbe
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Pesuzok(m): 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2017
stinflame:

more of a pump which lift th. sewerage from a lower elevation to a higher elevation...bt it is cost effective as it must be on constant power.

have u tot of locating the septic tank at a different position and a much lower elevation WRT the inlet pipe

I have not given that a thought, I would consider it when I get to the site, Thanks
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pesuzok:

I have not given that a thought, I would consider it when I get to the site, Thanks

That's why I am a Water Engineers smiley ...and If u want a treatment plant which can dispose off ur effluent to gardening standard.My company can do that.
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Pesuzok(m): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
stinflame:

That's why I am a Water Engineers smiley ...and If u want a treatment plant which can dispose off ur effluent to gardening standard.My company can do that.
Noted
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Adegbulugbe(m): 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pesuzok:

Thank you for your contribution, but my other concern is how to effectively utilize the size of the septic that would be done. The piping is already indicating that I cannot use more that half of the septic volume when done

what you mean is that the final slope of the waste drain get to almost half of the septic tank guess .if that is what you mean,you can go down small cos that is more advisable than raising your pipes again exposed round the building except you i can only give you an option of doing something like pavement revolve round the pipes.
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by 3rdavefarms(m): 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
Use a storex
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by steams: 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pesuzok:

If you can come to Abuja and solve it, no problem I will pay you. I want my pipe to enter the septic from the topmost part. Provide the solution and I would pay you.
email me hotsteams@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by steams: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
freeman67:

I wonder how some of you think... Someone is in a mess and he is looking for remedy the least you can do is to shut up and pass the thread after reading if you cannot provide solution without a fee.. And who even told you that it is not your likes that caused this mess in the first place...

All you guys know in Abuja is money money money... I believe you do not have a solution to his problems because I see those that have something upstairs already discussing the way forward here not thinking of how to swindle the guy when he is not even sure you are what you call yourself.

Some of you will come here to seek advice when you want to buy car, seek advice on your relationships and marriages, seek advice on buying land, building houses and even do other human activities that I can't remember to add here. You will visit Nairaland to seek free and advice but once it get close to your profession you will start thinking the man looking for advice doesn't want to pay. You think there are not professionals in other fields you seek free advice or you think those professionals offering you free advice went to school for free?
haba I didn't mean for it to be this way o. you are taking it too personal. from the pic he uploaded I can tell a lot already. the truth is if you want to help someone do it right. instead of telling him something that he wouldn't understand. I stay in Abuja and I intend visiting the site if he wants me to. This is a very critical moment as whatever he does may either cost him double especially if he takes the wrong step or cost him less. Good engineering is safety and economy.
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by rotecch77(m): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
As you said, that the only issue now is the pipe. Hch is halve way inside the septic tank,
There is solution to it.
1.get what we called non~return valve plastic type or brass of the same pipe size you have there, call your plumber to fix it to the extreme end of pipe inside the septic tank, this valve we allow waste water into the septic tank and it will not allow water to flow in back.

2. Go and get motorcycle inner tube like 2ft long insert it to the end of the pipe inside the septic tank and leave about 1ft plus this will remain free and it will face downward , water will flow into the tank and it can't flow back through the rubber with this, it means the water will riise to the upper area above the pipe without entering the pipe back

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by steams: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pesuzok:

Thank you for understanding, my major concern is entry level of the outlet pipe. I am expecting a reply
that should not be your only problem by the time you remove the pipes to start building your chambers you will understand what am talking about
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by freeman67: 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
steams:
haba I didn't mean for it to be this way o. you are taking it too personal. from the pic he uploaded I can tell a lot already. the truth is if you want to help someone do it right. instead of telling him something that he wouldn't understand. I stay in Abuja and I intend visiting the site if he wants me to. This is a very critical moment as whatever he does may either cost him double especially if he takes the wrong step or cost him less. Good engineering is safety and economy.

Sorry if sounds harsh but that's how I feel when I saw that your post. Money is important but then its not a bad idea if once in a while we offer help to those in need the money can still come through it.
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by BRAINCRASH(m): 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
the open drain I was talking about is the gutter that passes in front of your compound......similar cases are found all over Kubwa axis...as a result we separate the bathroom and kitchen waste from that of the WC...it minimizes the volume of water entering the pit....now instead of channeling your overflow(effluence) pipe to the soak away you just channel it to the gutter....look critically in kubwa village axis, phase 3 and 4....you will get the technology......

Feel free to call me if you are mobile i will take you round and show you samples....
Emeka Arc.
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Pesuzok(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
rotecch77:
As you said, that the only issue now is the pipe. Hch is halve way inside the septic tank,
There is solution to it.
1.get what we called non~return valve plastic type or brass of the same pipe size you have there, call your plumber to fix it to the extreme end of pipe inside the septic tank, this valve we allow waste water into the septic tank and it will not allow water to flow in back.

2. Go and get motorcycle inner tube like 2ft long insert it to the end of the pipe inside the septic tank and leave about 1ft plus this will remain free and it will face downward , water will flow into the tank and it can't flow back through the rubber with this, it means the water will riise to the upper area above the pipe without entering the pipe back
This is making a lot of sense. Is there a 4" PVC NRV and how durable are they. If in future the NRV gets stuck and refuses to swing open, won't that be a major maintenance. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Pesuzok(m): 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2017
BRAINCRASH:
the open drain I was talking about is the gutter that passes in front of your compound......similar cases are found all over Kubwa axis...as a result we separate the bathroom and kitchen waste from that of the WC...it minimizes the volume of water entering the pit....now instead of channeling your overflow(effluence) pipe to the soak away you just channel it to the gutter....look critically in kubwa village axis, phase 3 and 4....you will get the technology......

Feel free to call me if you are mobile i will take you round and show you samples....
Emeka Arc.
I don't want to channel anything in to the gutter

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by tymicjay77: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
from my experience in other jobs i av supervised, i will conclude that close to the building site their is water body or canal close to the site,that is why the water bed of that septic site is raised. What you will do is this if you av a good civil engineer supervisin the site for you,
1 tell him to cast a retaining wall along the axis of the water body or canal close to ur site,you can make the fence a retaining wall instead
2 pump out d water frm d septic tank far away frm your site otherwise the water will fine its way back through underground
3 you will observe dt d water will be coming out little if the retaining wall is effective
4 as the water is been pump out form work for the septic tank will also be layed by good carpenter
5 make the formwork to come far above the surface pipe,this is to allow for settlement after casting
6 before casting pour dry cement into the septic tank,this will absorb d water and also it will make the concrete set quickly
7 when mixing use more of granite and cement or beta stil mix ratio 1:3:8, this will set quickly and will be water resistant too
you will observe the the first 2wks after casting the septic tank level outward the surface will decrease dont panic u cant excape it,is as a result of settlement, so if the septic tank is allow to exposed outward surface greatly, before it will settle by 300mm it wuld have stalk.
further suggestion, for lasting solution you can floor the surrounding or make good drainage round d compound
for further details
call 07069325148
Engr. felix (Gconstruct )
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by tymicjay77: 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
rotecch77:
There is solution to it.

Using this technique will lead to continuos maintenace in future cos the tank will be full easily, and d presure of d rising water wil block the tube outlet leadin to discharge from the toilet wc or slow flushing rate inside the toilet. y not stop the rate at which water sip out frm the soil
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Pesuzok(m): 11:09am On Jan 09, 2017
tymicjay77:
from my experience in other jobs i av supervised, i will conclude that close to the building site their is water body or canal close to the site,that is why the water bed of that septic site is raised. What you will do is this if you av a good civil engineer supervisin the site for you,
1 tell him to cast a retaining wall along the axis of the water body or canal close to ur site,you can make the fence a retaining wall instead
2 pump out d water frm d septic tank far away frm your site otherwise the water will fine its way back through underground
3 you will observe dt d water will be coming out little if the retaining wall is effective
4 as the water is been pump out form work for the septic tank will also be layed by good carpenter
5 make the formwork to come far above the surface pipe,this is to allow for settlement after casting
6 before casting pour dry cement into the septic tank,this will absorb d water and also it will make the concrete set quickly
7 when mixing use more of granite and cement or beta stil mix ratio 1:3:8, this will set quickly and will be water resistant too
you will observe the the first 2wks after casting the septic tank level outward the surface will decrease dont panic u cant excape it,is as a result of settlement, so if the septic tank is allow to exposed outward surface greatly, before it will settle by 300mm it wuld have stalk.
further suggestion, for lasting solution you can floor the surrounding or make good drainage round d compound
for further details
call 07069325148
Engr. felix (Gconstruct )

Goodmorning, and thank you for your time. So how do I utilize the volume of the septic since my piping entry into the septic is very low
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by joan2016(f): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hajji
Plastic sepitc tank(soakaway) was ever used here?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1vXiqzUsAA2Fnk.jpg:large

Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by mufutau55(m): 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2017
joan2016:
Hajji
Plastic sepitc tank(soakaway) was ever used here?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1vXiqzUsAA2Fnk.jpg:large

Yes. I have seen someone use it here... but I don't know about the reliability.
I think it's a very good option if the tank is made thick and strong..

Hajji M.
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by tymicjay77: 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Pesuzok:

Goodmorning, and thank you for your time. So how do I utilize the volume of the septic since my piping entry into the septic is very low
increase the depth or applied DSP techniques, if you have more space on d site.simple
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Pesuzok(m): 5:25am On Jan 10, 2017
tymicjay77:
increase the depth or applied DSP techniques, if you have more space on d site.simple

Please what is DSP technique
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by tymicjay77: 10:04am On Jan 10, 2017
Pesuzok:

Please what is DSP technique
is a techniques understood by civil engineer when designing sewage tank.
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by nene2016(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
Will a biofil digester be a good alternative?
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by Biodigesterexpa(m): 12:01am On Dec 15, 2019
Pesuzok:
more
Bio Digester toilet is what you need here. It's a permanent solution.

Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by ultrazone(m): 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2020
dsf
Re: How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) by guidsy(m): 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
Our modern biodigester will handle any kind of septic tank challenge you may be experiencing at your building site.

Whether it's a waterlogged or swampy terrain, our services will give you peace of mind as it will never get full or affect ground water.

We are available to offer you a free site assessment anywhere your project is located.

Call or chat for more information 0810 6977 455

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tree Growing In Between A House In Benin (photos) / Property FOR SALE and Apartment FOR RENT in Lagos, Nigeria (THIS WEEK'S UPDATES) / 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.