Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,096 members, 7,814,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. (2186 Views)

My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help / This Whatsapp Group Just Returned My Mmm Money / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by amtheone(m): 1:25am On Jan 06, 2017
Have written support team. I just checked my account on the 5-1-17 and discovered that it has been hacked. Almost all my information has been changed.

I need help urgently.

I bring this to this forum so that others can be very careful.

My mmm registration was not done by me and right the person that registered me is not picking my calls. Registration date: 27/12/2016. Date of providing help: 02/12/2016. Amount: 50,000. The thief actually wrote support team and requested for a new password and provided them with a new email claiming that he/she cannot access his/her old email account.

My bank information and my phone number used for registration have all been changed.

Thank you
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by iyoti: 1:27am On Jan 06, 2017
This is Serious.... MMM ain't regulated, not sure how this would be handled.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by emmy4lov(m): 2:00am On Jan 06, 2017
amtheone:
Have written support team. I just checked my account on the 5-1-17 and discovered that it has been hacked. Almost all my information has been changed.

I need help urgently.

My mmm registration was not done by me and right the person that registered me is not picking my calls. Registration date: 27/12/2016. Date of providing help: 02/12/2016. Amount: 50,000. The thief actually wrote support team and requested for a new password and provided them with a new email claiming that he/she cannot access his/her old email account.

My bank information and my phone number used for registration have all been changed.

Thank you
technically you are saying non of your details is in the that mmm account anymore, your phone no, email, and account number has been changed.

hmm .. this one is strong.

try and contact your guidian he can access your account but the problem is retrieving your account for you. I don't know how he's ganna go about that, as non of your details is linked to the account.

but honestly the guy can't withdraw your money to a different account. you can only get help with the account details used in providing the help. so if you are sure that at the date you PHed, only your correct account details was in the mmm account then there's no way he can withdraw it to a different account, however he can only withdraw your $20 bonus.

so just contact ur guidian and keep us posted..

1 Like

Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by amtheone(m): 2:15am On Jan 06, 2017
emmy4lov:
technically you are saying non of your details is in the that mmm account anymore, your phone no, email, and account number has been changed.

hmm .. this one is strong.

try and contact your guidian he can access your account but the problem is retrieving your account for you. I don't know how he's ganna go about that, as non of your details is linked to the account.

but honestly the guy can't withdraw your money to a different account. you can only get help with the account details used in providing the help. so if you are sure that at the date you PHed, only your correct account details was in the mmm account then there's no way he can withdraw it to a different account, however he can only withdraw your $20 bonus.

so just contact ur guidian and keep us posted..

I don't even know who my guider is. I can still login to my account. But the following have been changed: bank name. Bank account number. Beneficiary. Phone number. I suspect the person that registered me because right now she is not picking my calls.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by emmy4lov(m): 2:25am On Jan 06, 2017
amtheone:

I don't even know who my guider is. I can still login to my account. But the following have been changed: bank name. Bank account number. Beneficiary. Phone number. I suspect the person that registered me because right now she is not picking my calls.

you can find your guidian details at my page, login>>click my page>>click guidian ( it's located at the bottom right hand tab)
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 06, 2017
You have nothing to lose. U haven't made any payment yet. Just a new account.
Forget about it and open another one
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by amtheone(m): 6:09am On Jan 06, 2017
kenonze:
You have nothing to lose. U haven't made any payment yet. Just a new account.
Forget about it and open another one

I have made payment(provided help) 50,000 on the 2/12/2016.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 06, 2017
Publish the new account name here. Your problem is half solved.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by ehisdan(m): 7:58am On Jan 06, 2017
Take step by step. Since u can access the account u have nothing to fear.

There is a way out but how am I sure u are not the one trying to change someone's details to urs.

Cos there is no way u can change bank details without being blocked.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by amtheone(m): 8:29am On Jan 06, 2017
ehisdan:
Take step by step. Since u can access the account u have nothing to fear.

There is a way out but how am I sure u are not the one trying to change someone's details to urs.

Cos there is no way u can change bank details without being blocked.

OK. I'm going to post everything here. The screen shot and all the details because my bank account information is no more on my page. It carries a different person bank account information and my phone number on my page is not there anymore. It's a different phone number.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 06, 2017
amtheone:

I need help urgently.

Thank you

Dear OP,

I feel sorry for what happened but I didnt see where u mentioned writing to support to counter the issue ASAP. It is important that you create a support ticket immediately. With the topic "personal office was hacked". You would be attended to within a day as MMM doesn't joke with such cases. MMM will ask you to send some forms of verification including passport, bank statement of the original bank account, etc. As soon as you provide all these things, ur account will be reinstated.

I don't encourage people to allow anyone open account for them, your password should remain exclusive to just you. You can also open a new ticket for a request to change password based on the occurrence. Another alternative (if you dont wish to change password) is to install Google authenticator on your Android phone. This, gives your personal office an extra security by making sure no one else can get past the login screen without typing the code on your phone. The code changes every 60 seconds and there is nothing that can beat that.

All that one is not the most relevant right now, the most impt is securing ur account. Just follow the initial steps, write to support immediately. Fell free to chat me up for more guidance.

Regards
STANLEY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by amtheone(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2017
fifty:

Dear OP,

I feel sorry for what happened but I didnt see where u mentioned writing to support to counter the issue ASAP. It is important that you create a support ticket immediately. With the topic "personal office was hacked". You would be attended to within a day as MMM doesn't joke with such cases. MMM will ask you to send some forms of verification including passport, bank statement of the original bank account, etc. As soon as you provide all these things, ur account will be reinstated.

I don't encourage people to allow anyone open account for them, your password should remain exclusive to just you. You can also open a new ticket for a request to change password based on the occurrence. Another alternative (if you dont wish to change password) is to install Google authenticator on your Android phone. This, gives your personal office an extra security by making sure no one else can get past the login screen without typing the code on your phone. The code changes every 60 seconds and there is nothing that can beat that.

All that one is not the most relevant right now, the most impt is securing ur account. Just follow the initial steps, write to support immediately. Fell free to chat me up for more guidance.

Regards
STANLEY

I wrote them (support support) team immediately I notice the criminal activities on my account page. I attached my voter's card as a form of identity. I'm expecting a reply from them. Like I said, I will post everything here for all to see

Thanks stanley
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Santafemetrix(m): 11:14am On Jan 06, 2017
fifty:

Dear OP,

Regards
STANLEY

My account was opened by someone, and my mum's account details was used, because I didn't trust in the system as at the time. After opening the account I changed my password ( before PH), then after PH, I decided to change the bank details to mine. Please will these actions affect my account in anyway?

Note: all these actions were taken 21 days or more before I was due to GH.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2017
amtheone:

I have made payment(provided help) 50,000 on the 2/12/2016.

Sorry for the situation.
How then did u manage to get the details of the new account. If u are sure, I will advise u to confront the person probably threaten to hand him over to police
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2017
Santafemetrix:

My account was opened by someone, and my mum's account details was used, because I didn't trust in the system as at the time. After opening the account I changed my password ( before PH), then after PH, I decided to change the bank details to mine. Please will these actions affect my account in anyway?

Note: all these actions were taken 21 days or more before I was due to GH.

As a recommendation, before u change anything on your account, endeavor to write to support for permission.

As it stands, I can't know if anything is wrong with your account, in order to find out, pls endeavor to write to support immediately. Now they are fast in attending to participant, as there's less work on their hands, but as from 14th,it won't be easier.

But if ur note on "21days or more" is a sure fact, i don't think u have anything to worry about. Write to support all the same to clear urself, even if ur account is not in trouble. As that gives the system reason to believe that u made all those modifications in sound mind.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Santafemetrix(m): 11:46am On Jan 06, 2017
fifty:

As a recommendation, before u change anything on your account, endeavor to write to support for permission.

As it stands, I can't know if anything is wrong with your account, in order to find out, pls endeavor to write to support immediately. Now they are fast in attending to participant, as there's less work on their hands, but as from 14th,it won't be easier.

But if ur note on "21days or more" is a sure fact, i don't think u have anything to worry about. Write to support all the same to clear urself, even if ur account is not in trouble. As that gives the system reason to believe that u made all those modifications in sound mind.

Thanks.

My 21 days is for sure.

I pledged on the 30th of November, provided help and got confirmed on the 6th of December, and the change was done on the 9th of December, that's exactly 21 days to my due date which is 30th of December.

I will still write support to clear myself.

Thanks again.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by amtheone(m): 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
kenonze:

Sorry for the situation.
How then did u manage to get the details of the new account. If u are sure, I will advise u to confront the person probably threaten to hand him over to police

I can still login to my account. But those suspicious details are still there.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by SoloceeD2(m): 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
amtheone:

I need help urgently.

Thank you
This is a New Year and you don't to start it with lies. Someone hacked your account and changed your password, emails, etc and you were still able to login to the account? I can boldly say you are not on MMM and you're one of those who wish all those in MMM lose all their money.

3 Likes

Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by amtheone(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
SoloceeD2:

This is a New Year and you don't to start it with lies. Someone hacked your account and changed your password, emails, etc and you were still able to login to the account? I can boldly say you are not on MMM and you're one of those who wish all those in MMM lose all their money.

I don't think u have a right to respond to my thread this way. I don't think u have read through all that I wrote. Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by SoloceeD2(m): 2:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
amtheone:

I don't think u have a right to respond to my thread this way. I don't think u have read through all that I wrote. Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge.
You mixed lies with trash so I don't have to waste my time reading further
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
amtheone:

I can still login to my account. But those suspicious details are still there.

The problem with MMM is that they don't respond to support promptly
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Valentinooo: 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
amtheone:

what I expected you to do after discovering that is to change your Password immediately since you can still log in, then you can change the account back to yours.
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
Valentinooo:
what I expected you to do after discovering that is to change your Password immediately since you can still log in, then you can change the account back to yours.

Dear OP,

This gentleman is right, do all he stated here. I probably thot I mentioned that,just discovered that I skipped it.

Regards
STANLEY
Re: My MMM Account Has Been Hacked. by Emmyk(m): 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
Still waiting for pictures....

(1) (Reply)

Thoughts On Paylater? I'm About To Run Cos I'm In Debt / Equities Rally N191b Gains In Opening Trades / Learn Mini Importation For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.