Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her (5779 Views)

Ekiti APC Kicks Against Anti-grazing Law, Insists States Must Give Lands For Cat / All States Must Abide By Proposed Minimum Wage – Ngige / Can Anambrarians Duplicate In Anambra What They Did In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
Chest beating from the east reloaded. Keep counting rubbish non of your cities will ever be as developed as Port Harcourt. Jealousy will kill you guys. Rivers and Bayelsa rock!
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fremancipation:

Not only is it not achievable, BUT any progressive laws that will specifically benefit the eastern region will still have to pass through the Northern Dominated House of reps and Senate where they will shut it down.

Look at what happened to the PIB law that Jonathan tried so many times to pass. They frustrated that bill and started adding clauses that will make northern areas where oil pipelines are built to be considered host communities.

This is why I keep saying that even Igbo presidency will not do shiit for IGBOs

You are damn right bro, that's why I told the earlier that he needs to understand the politics on ground before every other thing. I really blame the British for designing Nigeria the way it is, anything that won't favour the north won't see the light of the day..
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Fremancipation: 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
You are damn right bro, that's why I told the earlier that he needs to understand the politics on ground before every other thing. I really blame the British for designing Nigeria the way it is, anything that won't favour the north won't see the light of the day..

This is why the current Biafran Movement is gaining momentum because a lot of decent people have genuingly look at the future and see no hope for real development. Even the opposition know this truth but they resist and campaign against it because they are scared of what the future hold for them without ndigbo in the picture. Don't let their ultra-ego on nairaland fool you.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
I am not used to name calling like afonja, flattino,zombie or wailer as u usually do here on Nairaland.
I am neither a tribalist nor a religious bigot, and remember I said SOME, that was my observation and if you travel to metropolitan city like Lagos or PH, hw many Bayelsa or Rivers indigene will u see doing biz or hustling in the streets, go to Swalli mkt at Yenegoa and do Survey, go to PH and do survey.
If u think I am wrong with my analysis, then prove me wrong beyond reasonable doubt, not reacting like a motor park tout.
Be civilized, I am not against Bayelsa, or Rivers people but most of their youths need to retrace their food steps and learn to be hardworking instead of wasting their energy on Cultism and other vices. They don't learn skills and they don't do biz, that's why they are easily used by politicians. Even Nairaland can attest to that on hw Rivers and Bayelsa make news about crime more than any other Niger Delta State.
if u felt irritated by my analysis, pick the one that will help you to become a better version of urself.
The Op said it all, everybody need to learn from Anambra legacies, it z a kind of EXPO.
NDI IGBO ANAGHI EME IBERIBE.

Watching chest beating in 3D... Your Anambra this and that, why can't you remain there and stop pok nosing into stuff that's non of your business. Anambra is this and that, but your IGR is not even up to Port Harcourt, not to talk of Rivers State as a whole.
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by ariesbull: 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
Statsocial:

Guy the Igbos can rival d political capital of any other tribe in Nigeria. You need someone in Aso rock(President) who can give ur region 8yrs of economic attention but you cant acheive that by clamouring for biafra at the same.

But they achieved more when they were not president compared to North and West

5 Likes

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Fremancipation: 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
ariesbull:

But they achieved more when they were not president compared to North and West

I agree. Ndigbo may not have gotten where they need to get to but the people that like to compare themselves with igbos often forget that Igbos were left with 20 pounds after the war. That' as much money that an almajiri begger gets in a day from begging. Yet look at where Ndigbo have gotten to today.

Let's try the same experiment on other groups in Nigeria and see how they fare.

When igbos brag about their accomplishments, they are the only people that should be excused to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by pentlumpro(f): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ekinematics:
Chest beating from the east reloaded. Keep counting rubbish non of your cities will ever be as developed as Port Harcourt. Jealousy will kill you guys. Rivers and Bayelsa rock!
Bad belle or afonja spotted

1 Like

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by pentlumpro(f): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fremancipation:
All the major investments attracted to Anambra state in mostly 2 years of Obiano administration. It is all private sector led.

Housing

MOU with Aldove Limited for the building of 300 housing units in the state worth $30 million.

MOU with Dozzy Investment Limited for the development of 30 hectares of land at the Awka New Layout.

MOU with Affordable Building Concepts International Limited for 10,000 housing units estimated to be valued at $476.1m (N95.2bn)

MOU with Aseo International Group Limited for 10,000 housing unit.

MOU with Rockland Development Limited for the construction of 1,000 housing units for workers in the state

MOU with Rockland Development Limited for the development of Baron's Court Estate, Awka for $10.8 million.

MOU with Lake Petroleum, for the building of an international housing estate in the Onitsha GRA Extension for $7.6 million.

MOU with Topwide ventures for 140 units of different types of flats, 50 high rise apartments for $3.4 million.

Agriculture

MOU with MIP Farms and Agro-Allied Limited for the development of an Integrated Large Scale Commercial Agricultural Project

MOU with Excel Farms for the production of cassava, tomato and processing of the products valued at about $800 million.

MOU with the management of the Integrated Farms Limited for the construction and management of a modern abattoir valued at $11.4m

MOU with Lynden Integrated Farms Ltd, for the establishment of commercial poultry farm in the state. The investment is to gulp about N13 billion

MOU with Del Farms to develop 1,000 hectares of land set to produce variety of farm products including out growers feed used by brewery companies like the Sabmiller Brewery, Onitsha

MOU with Joseph Agro Industries Limited (JAI) to invest an initial $150 million (N25 billion) for the rehabilitation and expansion of the Omor Rice Mill

MOU with Grains and Silos Limited, valued at $20 million for a grains milling and storage facility and malting plant project

MOU with Chelsea Farms Ltd for $188 million for cultivation of maize, cassava and soya beans as well as the development of an Ethanol plant

Oil and Gas

MOU with Falcon Corporation Limited for distribution of natural gas for industrial use, power generation and other domestic purposes.

Manufacturing

MOU with Richbon Nigeria Limited which plans to establish a $40m vehicle assembly plant

Infrastructure

MOU with Graffil Group for the establishment of an integrated Trailer Terminal and Park at the New Tarzan Park Onitsha.

Power Generation

MOU with Shiraan Limited Nigeria for the development of a high technical Waste Management System in the State, leading to the production of 7.74MW of power.

MOU with UD Integrated Petroleum Production Compa­ny of Nigeria Limited (UDIP­PCO) for 80MW gas fired power plant valued at $150 million.

MOU with Zolts Energy Limited for the construction of a 40 Megawatts Embedded Power Generating Plant in Ogbaru worth US$47.25 million.

Commerce and Trade

MOU with West Africa Intercontinental Trade Centre Ltd to build a World Class Market worth $320m (over N50b) in Anambra State.

MOU with Bukham Group, a firm of real estate developers, to develop 20,000 units of shops at the Anambra International Trade Centre, Oba, near Onitsha.

MOU with Bonded container limited for the Anambra Bonded Container Freight Terminal at approximately N6 billion

Health Care

MOU with RISE Health Corporation for healthcare reengineering project in Anambra State for $1.5 million.

Tourism

MOU with Africa Project Finance and Development Limited of $250m for the development of Ogbunike Cave into a World Class Park and Resort.

MOU with Pinnacle Integrated Expert solution for the development of Golf Resort and high rise buildings in Awka Capital Territory

MOU with Cardinal Developers and Trust Limited valued at S28 million for the development of Awka Hotel.

MOU with Cardinal Developers & Trust Limited for completion of 4-Star luxury hotel with 2,000 capacity conference center and 161 units of luxury apartments in Onitsha for $70 million.

Miscellaneous

MOU with Global Gaming Company Limited for the establishment of a State Lottery and Structured Gaming Operations in Anambra State to increase IGR.
Anambra the light of Africa and the black race

4 Likes

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
pentlumpro:

Bad belle or afonja spotted

Here they go again. The afonja cliché. Please learn something new. Anambra can never be up to Rivers even in the next 1000000000yrs. IGR says it all.....
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fremancipation:

This is why the current Biafran Movement is gaining momentum because a lot of decent people have genuingly look at the future and see no hope for real development. Even the opposition know this truth but they resist and campaign against it because they are scared of what the future hold for them without ndigbo in the picture. Don't let their ultra-ego on nairaland fool you.
You nailed it bro, but it's just a matter of time..

@ d emboldened..... I've grown pass their ultra-ego bro.
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by pentlumpro(f): 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

Here they go again. The afonja cliché. Please learn something new. Anambra can never be up to Rivers even in the next 1000000000yrs. IGR says it all.....
Afonjas park one side
Is anyone talking about Igr
We are talking about how industrious anambra people are
Who dosent know that the bulk of rivers Igr comes from taxes paid by oil companies
When did an afonja become the mouthpiece for Rivers people

3 Likes

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Fremancipation: 9:28pm On Jan 06, 2017
pentlumpro:

Afonjas park one side
Is anyone talking about Igr
We are talking about how industrious anambra people are
Who dosent know that the bulk of rivers Igr comes from taxes paid by oil companies
When did an afonja become the mouthpiece for Rivers people

With my old Account on Nairaland, I have opened multiple threads in the past warning Nigerians of the following:

1) Massive oil and gas discoveries in Western countries and other African countries.

2) The Electric car revolution that is coming soon

3) How OPEC have become obsolete

If anybody has a brain cell please, I urge you to research the above.

Those hoping on oil IGR to build their state will get an abrupt wake up call soon.

And those hanging on to one Nigeria all because of oil revenue will also get a wake up call soon

Anambra is planning for the POST- OIL future as we can see from the investments.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by pentlumpro(f): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fremancipation:

With my old Account on Nairaland, I have opened multiple threads in the past warning Nigerians of the following:

1) Massive oil and gas discoveries in Western countries and other African countries.

2) The Electric car revolution that is coming soon

3) How OPEC have become obsolete

If anybody has a brain cell please, I urge you to research the above.

Those hoping on oil IGR to build their state will get an abrupt wake up call soon.

And those hanging on to one Nigeria all because of oil revenue will also get a wake up call soon

Anambra is planning for the POST- OIL future as we can see from the investments.
Can you send me the link i will like to bookmark it

1 Like

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Fremancipation: 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
pentlumpro:

Can you send me the link i will like to bookmark it
Do you mean the Link for the thread I opened?
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by pentlumpro(f): 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fremancipation:

Do you mean the Link for the thread I opened?
The old links you opened

1 Like

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Fremancipation: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
pentlumpro:

The old links you opened
Ok I will look for them. thanks for your interest.

https://www.nairaland.com/3446206/future-oil-not-looking-good

Edit: My old account has been disabled cant find the topics. So many search results to go through.
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Klinee: 9:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ekinematics:

Watching chest beating in 3D... Your Anambra this and that, why can't you remain there and stop pok nosing into stuff that's non of your business. Anambra is this and that, but your IGR is not even up to Port Harcourt, not to talk of Rivers State as a whole.
Please why do you want to derail this thread afonjaic sentimental

1 Like

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by IPOB123london: 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
Enugu Airport has the approval already. Your folks need to push harder for implementation. The East needs to do two things. Shut down agitation for Biafra at the moment and concentrate on development using Nigerian money and after development push for Biafra or Face Biafra's pursuit collectively get a country and develop at your own pace. The east has potentials to grow Nigeria as part of Nigeria or be a productive Neighbouring country to Nigeria. Food for thought

hahhhahha hahhhahhhaha

ahaha ok o hahaa
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by IPOB123london: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
culled from op post

The future of Nigeria lies not even in agriculture but in manufacturing. This is why I am impressed at what indigenous people are doing at Nnewi and Lagos.

lies

the future of this kontry always lies on the Igbos; those fool that let themselves brainwashed by the boko harem people and who called themselves niger delta; kwontinue

op mind me to say that you are addressing black people that lack the total capacity to reason logically otherwise hear the afonjas

4 Likes

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by ariesbull: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fremancipation:

I agree. Ndigbo may not have gotten where they need to get to but the people that like to compare themselves with igbos often forget that Igbos were left with 40 pounds after the war. That' as much money that an almajiri begger gets in a day from begging. Yet look at where Ndigbo have gotten to today.

Let's try the same experiment on other groups in Nigeria and see how they fare.

When igbos brag about their accomplishments, they are the only people that should be excused to do so.

Point if correction sir £20 pounds not £ 40

1 Like

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by pentlumpro(f): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fremancipation:

Ok I will look for them. thanks for your interest.

https://www.nairaland.com/3446206/future-oil-not-looking-good

Edit: My old account has been disabled cant find the topics. So many search results to go through.
Thanks for the link

1 Like

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Fremancipation: 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
ariesbull:

Point if correction sir £20 pounds not £ 40

fixed..
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by ariesbull: 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fremancipation:

fixed..

Noted
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Festy4u(m): 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
While the write is commendable, I don't think there exist a thing the Niger Delta state should learn from Anambra state. One thing you should know is that every state/region has is own peculiarity and challenges. While Anambra state might be making headway under Obiano administration and Bayelsa or Delta ain't making such under Dickson or Okowa, it does not mean these states ain't progressing but might be doing so at a slower pace when compared to what Obiano is doing! But I do know that the IGR of most of the Niger Delta states is still quite higher compared to that of Anambra State. All said, Anambra state is on the right track under Obiano but you guys should allow the man work and leave all this comparison with other states of the federation cause it is not yet uhuru for Anambra state.
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Zetra(m): 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
if the Eastern State can come together forget political party(just like Governors Forum) plan how to fund and build a seaport by themselves regardless of the location, then individual states plan there housing, road network then add railway system to link each states then to other geopolitical zones. it will be of great impart in their future. All these will cause their people to look home and invest in the land (they have the connection,strength and experience already) indirectly the place will just boom without much impact from their Governors again.
Lived more in Lagos, and some states, I have found out what other states have in abundant is land undeveloped, so it's much easily better and cost effective to plan the state more than when it's occupied like Lagos. You have to break people houses, which is wastage of money spent, compensate some - the state spends more, time wastage, economy slowed down etc
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Fremancipation: 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
Festy4u:
While the write is commendable, I don't think there exist a thing the Niger Delta state should learn from Anambra state. One thing you should know is that every state/region has is own peculiarity and challenges. While Anambra state might be making headway under Obiano administration and Bayelsa or Delta ain't making such under Dickson or Okowa, it does not mean these states ain't progressing but might be doing so at a slower pace when compared to what Obiano is doing! But I do know that the IGR of most of the Niger Delta states is still quite higher compared to that of Anambra State. All said, Anambra state is on the right track under Obiano but you guys should allow the man work and leave all this comparison with other states of the federation cause it is not yet uhuru for Anambra state.

Completely agree with you that it is not uhuru yet for anambra. They still have a long way to go. I personally have lots of criticisms reserved for obiano.

But I disagree with you when you say that Niger delta has nothing to learn from Anambra state. That is a big disservice to the people in Niger delta. For example, Do you know the economic impact that road network which opens up and connects rural areas to cities will make for example in a state like bayelsa?

What about using Obiano model "ANSIPPA" to attract private investors ?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Fremancipation: 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
Zetra:
if the Eastern State can come together forget political party(just like Governors Forum) plan how to fund and build a seaport by themselves regardless of the location, then individual states plan there housing, road network then add railway system to link each states then to other geopolitical zones. it will be of great impart in their future. All these will cause their people to look home and invest in the land (they have the connection,strength and experience already) indirectly the place will just boom without much impact from their Governors again.
Lived more in Lagos, and some states, I have found out what other states have in abundant is land undeveloped, so it's much easily better and cost effective to plan the state more than when it's occupied like Lagos. You have to break people houses, which is wastage of money spent, compensate some - the state spends more, time wastage, economy slowed down etc

I still don't see what stops other south east state governors from copying the ANSIPPA model in place. If kogi state can send delegates to study it, why cant other south east state do the same. Good ideas are good ideas regardless of whom it comes from or their political affiliation.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
When you talk too much, you loose your competitive advantage. Indi'igbo, unu maru ife. smiley
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by ScotsReferendum: 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
Festy4u:

You think you made sense

Wise people learn from successful people.
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by ScotsReferendum: 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fremancipation:

I still don't see what stops other south east state governors from copying the ANSIPPA model in place. If kogi state can send delegates to study it, why cant other south east state do the same. Good ideas are good ideas regardless of whom it comes from or their political affiliation.

Rochas and Okezie are not worth being class captains

How do you expect them to learn from Anambra state model
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by Festy4u(m): 12:20am On Jan 07, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

You think you made sense

Wise people learn from successful people.

Yes, I think I did. But will your "Anambraic disposition" makes you see the sense in my statement? No, I don't!
Re: Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her by timsTNA: 2:15am On Jan 07, 2017
Ekinematics:

That poster is an afonja and not igbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Confirms Buhari To Be Flown Abroad For Treatment / Caution! Yorubas Increasing Hates For Igbos / JUST IN: Rampaging Thugs Raze Bishop Kukah’s Catholic Headquarters In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.