Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt (31625 Views)

Is This True About People Working In Lagos? / Vulcanizer Dies After Tyre Explodes While Working In His Workshop.Graphic Photos / Geoscientists Working In The Oil Industry: How Did You Get In? Share Your Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
BestySam:

I think you're under a spell. This is the most stupid and idiotic thing I've ever heard.

Allow him to keep on displaying his foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Anaskie(m): 6:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
lielbree:

For accommodation in recommend either d/line or Oroworukwo. Though it's a bit expensive, it will ensure you don't suffer much traffic. Welcome to PH my home. Be sure to try agudama Street bole n fish. It's also within d/line
Agudama Street bole and fish, the finest of its kind in the entire Niger Delta! grin

2 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by lielbree: 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
Anaskie:
Agudama Street bole and fish, the finest of its kind in the entire Niger Delta! grin
Hmm wait till you try the ones in yenagoa
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by lielbree: 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
haske7:
Bros I seriously feel for you cos u are coming to a gangsters paradise. Just make sure u limit or don't even hang out at all especially GRA and Romola axis. Keep a low profile and lie low. Make sure u don't live ain't an ikwerre man's house it's receipt for disaster. And avoid buying anything Land especially if u are not from rivers they are crooks and will resell to u an encumbered Land. IN FACT BEWARE OF IKWERRE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fùck you b!tch
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by 1kinggy(m): 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
PH is relatively more expensive with little options. It's a choked place.
If you're single, just plan for a 1-bedroom flat.
Avoid areas you'd need more than 2 drops to get to work. If possible, do away from any accommodation that would make you pass through Rumuola on your way to/from work: heavy traffic is always guaranteed there.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by alvincy(m): 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
ion know if anyone has said of trans amadi to you ohh.....but for two bedroom i can assure you of 120k and its just 10mins from dline tfare is 100naira
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Ezionye(f): 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Too many conflicting comments here

I hope u guys have not succeeded in confusing d OP cos me I am confused.

As for me and my house, we will remain in d east grin

Op good luck in your decision making.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by naturefellow(m): 12:13am On Jan 07, 2017
ThuGnificenX:
depending on how the area you are staying. I have been in Port Harcourt for 5 years and never encountered them not even for once.
bros which area are you staying? I met a cultist on January 2nd.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by naturefellow(m): 12:16am On Jan 07, 2017
ThuGnificenX:
depending on how the area you are staying. I have been in Port Harcourt for 5 years and never encountered them not even for once.
bros which area are you staying? On Jan 2nd, I met a cultist just after a clash with a rival cultist group. Had to give him some cash to change location until tension in the area doused. He was injured and broken. You just need to be vigilant!
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 07, 2017
Ezionye:
Too many conflicting comments here

I hope u guys have not succeeded in confusing d OP cos me I am confused.

As for me and my house, we will remain in d east grin

Op good luck in your decision making.

Nna, my brother, they have indeed succeeded in confusing me totally. I don't even know what to believe again. I guess I'll have to see things for myself when I come.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Ezionye(f): 9:11am On Jan 07, 2017
Extremism:

Nna, my brother, they have indeed succeeded in confusing me totally. I don't even know what to believe again. I guess I'll have to see things for myself when I come.

Yea u wud have to see for ursef I guess.

And I am ur sis not ur bro grin
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by crudedude(m): 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
Extremism:

Someone offered you a free apartment some posts ago. Don't know if you missed it. Why not talk to him (if you haven't) and find out more. Abuloma is one mid-distance taxi ride from D-line junction, from which you can take keke to your place of work if necessary.

Security is an issue everywhere and I won't suger coat that PH is safer than Lagos as a metropolis. Hard to say which is. Avoid late nights, consider the environment you're staying, be security conscious and you should be fine.

PH is calmer than Lagos and things are expensive. I don't think standard of living is higher bar public transportation. Most consumer-goods are similarly priced except imported items like second hand electronics and stuff. Also forget fun spots to chill here. Na clubs, bars and the likes. No Elegushi cheesy

All the best
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by leomarz007: 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2017
justscorchone:
Find an apartment at rumola or rumuigbo,if you have a car moving around isn't such a problem.
brother pls how much do u think I can get a 1 room apartment or a self contain in RUMUOLA. I school in ph poly. Awaiting ur humble response from all y'all also who knows. Tnk u
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by leomarz007: 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
cidieschat:
Am leaving phc, i have a furnished self contain to give out, with bed and wardrobe tiled, u may have it seriously. It will save u agent money, bla bla bla. Try contacting me. Location is Abuloma close to the nesoil company. Quiet residential area.

Quote me and ill give u my number.
number pls
mail me ur contact leolimpopo@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by cidieschat(m): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2017
leomarz007:

number pls
mail me ur contact leolimpopo@gmail.com

I'll give u my number on bbm

D1D11103
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by haske7(f): 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
The truth is so better...... wake up ph is a lawless town......

uote author=HopeAtHand post=52582972]Fratermathy and haske7, God punish the two of you.

Land is the centre of gangsterism, PH is cool and easy and livable. OP i suggest you live within Dline or Ogbunabali, it will save you stress and time. PH is kul.[/quote]
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by leomarz007: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
cidieschat:

I'll give u my number on bbm

D1D11103
bro am not on BBM nor watsapp so just mail me
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by malachytochukwu(m): 1:52am On Jan 16, 2017
Extremism:

hope you have relocated ..if not come to dline and look for one bedroom flat. Dline is cool ...road network is superb and light is good. That's where I stay.
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by jessyb: 7:32am On Jan 17, 2017
Richlife Logistics and Commercial Limited is recruiting Client Service Officers in its Real Estate firm.
Qualification: OND, NCE, HND, Bsc
Salary: 100k
Deadline: February 1st
Send your CV to richliferecruitment @gmail.com with HR Gbemisola as the subject
For Lagos residents only
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by kelesty: 12:15am On Apr 28, 2020
Am reading these post in 2020 wished I read it before I relocated to PH from Lagos. My view is as follows

1. Most pple compare Lagos( a state if not a country: lagosians know what I mean) to PH(a city)

2. From d above Value of rent in PH is relatively far more expensive than Lagos. B/c u have few options: in Lagos "shoe get size" everywhere is developed u can decide to drive from ikorodu to d island etc... Don't forget that Lagos State also has d most expensive places to live not just in Nigeria but on Earth. PH on d average is more expensive with little or no choice.

3. Security: the population in Lagos is overwhelming. But yet d crime rate of intimidation by anyone as omonile or "our land"( as it is in PH and most parts of Rivers State) is low compared to Lagos. In Lagos there is nothing like na "our land" even d omonile Boyz are usually from d royal family during land buying. Cultism clash and level of intimidation in PH(a city) is almost higher or equal to Lagos(a state). Little wonder why lots of companies are relocating. They will come to close down ur buss at every little success they feel ur making. They will force u to employ them yet they will sell the same work or refuse to work. Sorry to say guy but truth be told PH isn't secured ask the international community or even d buss organization. Lagos State doesn't care who u are just pay ur taxes and ur a Lagosians free to do ur buzz without any harrasement.

4. Cost of living: (feeding nd transportation):- while u have some cheap markets in PH like oilmill, okoro nd mile3 the choices are limited again compared to Lagos State as a whole: note d Lagos market is free and very competitive these pushes the price very very low. Trucks entering on daily basis from every part of d country and even outside d country to Lagos. I bet dat garri in PH is expensive than my iyanuba market where I buy sweet pinapples for as low as #30(yes #30).

Transportation is also relatively cheap when u compare the distance u cover with different modes of transportation to suit ur class, u don't have much of a choice to make in PH. Remember d days of "molowel" u can go by coaster bus, vanagon, danfo, taxi,Keke, okada. PH uses mainly taxi, few coaster bus but cleaner than d rugged coaster used in Lagos, few buses and Keke just like Lagos. Hence on d average PH is again more expensive. I forgot to add dat in Lagos u can "lap" ur wife in d molowel without shame or harrasement, my brother u there not try laping a child of 10years in PH.

5. Huzzle and buzz: Lagos can be said to be relatively more stressful and difficult where u have to leave ur home sometimes by 4:30-5am and then return by 12midnight due to traffic. Infact most times u are forced to Leave ur car and go with public transport even with d high level of road networks bridges and flyover almost every where. PH has it's own share of traffic but them they learn work for where iyanuba volks or Aja hold up dey. Hence PH has less stress level than Lagos.

6. Best place to make money:- for buzz PH is better u have less competitors compared to Lagos and u can increase ur price as u wish b/c u dey pay very high rent. And d pple are used to paying high for everything. If u depend on Salary my brother Lagos is by no means far better than PH.

All the same if u have ur own house and u have finished sending ur kids to school or they are schooling outside PH then PH is better than Lagos but if ur just starting life, wish to spend less and save more and huzzle then Lagos is d best stage for you.

3 Likes

Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by Edglad(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2021
Compliments of the season fam!

Please � o i have gone through all the threads and I'm confused but I want a very good advice I'm currently in Lagos but I and my wife are planning to relocate to PH or Aba?

Kindly advise please
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by idmicheal20: 8:23am On Apr 07, 2022
shevon:
Living in PHC is more expensive despite the fact that accommodation is cheaper in PHC. But if you don't mind staying in Woji or Abuloma (which I feel is a bit cheaper than D-Line and Ogbunabali in terms of accommodation), you may fare better - and I am assuming you are still single.
Meanwhile, groove no dey PHC except you be clubbing person.

Good morning, my company just transferred to portharcourt, our office is around Woji road. My Basic salary is 67,000 i plan to spend 30k on feeding( i will be cooking most of my food cheesy cheesy) but someone told me the feeding allowance i budgeted for myself wont be enough. How true is this sir/ma?
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by shevon: 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
idmicheal20:

Good morning, my company just transferred to portharcourt, our office is around Woji road. My Basic salary is 67,000 i plan to spend 30k on feeding( i will be cooking most of my food cheesy cheesy) but someone told me the feeding allowance i budgeted for myself wont be enough. How true is this sir/ma?
If you live alone, you can actually make it work
Re: Living And Working In Lagos Vs. Living And Working In Port Harcourt by idmicheal20: 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
shevon:

If you live alone, you can actually make it work
Thanks very much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HND Accountancy Vs BSc Accounting / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.