Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Is Poverty The Fault Of The Poor? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Poverty The Fault Of The Poor? (5335 Views)

How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons / Why Are Majority Of Poor People Dirty? Is Poverty A Major Reason For Dirtiness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Is Poverty The Fault Of The Poor? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Mindfulness:

Are you comparing a factory employee to a Boko Haram terrorist? And you are talking about enlightenment? grin

You need a brain replacement surgery.

I didn't know I was talking to a kid that created a thread.

You asking stupid questions why a CEO should earn 350 times more than an average employee.

You think people just woke up and become CEOs in a day, did he not also pass through employee stage? I used the ideology of an Army general who has also passed through the stages of becoming a trainee soldier to where he his today.

But since you couldn't even understand why I used that in my example, then I don't know what to say to you again. I'm done talking here.
Re: Is Poverty The Fault Of The Poor? by armyofone(m): 12:17am On Jan 11, 2017
Partly the fault of the poor. But the deed has been done. New generation should make sure to have fewer children, stop being promiscuous and having unprotected sex all over the place.
Imagine a jobless or low income couple getting pregnant smh common sense would have told you to put having kids on hold till you are stable. Nigerian, it is your responsibility to break, eradicate, or reduce the yoke of poverty in your society.
Re: Is Poverty The Fault Of The Poor? by Dexema(m): 8:07am On Jan 11, 2017
mrwonlasewonie:
My take if you are born into poverty by poor parents. It's not your fault because God didn't give us the privilege of choosing our parents BUT if you die poor it is absolutely your fault 100%
reason 1.you are the CEO of your LIFE. Every battle of victory was won in the mind first. For example your parents might not be able to afford to send you to school but you have hands and legs to work and earn money to empower yourself. Do whatever it takes legitimately. Life has a way of bringing what you see in your mind. Sell clothes books apply for a scholarship when the opportunity presents itself. But the mistake children of the poor make is that because his father couldn't afford to send him to school maybe his destiny doesn't want him to go to school. I hear that b.s a lot. They wallow in self pity and accept the thrash life and circumstances throws at them instead of rising up and saying no this is not how I will continue living
2. Excessive believe in superstition and culture than application of common sense and priority. You don't have a stable job or poor source of income bearly enough for you you're impregnating your wife every year and giving birth to children that you know in your mind you can't take care of or send them to school and if you tell them you will hear it's God that provides what children will eat,it's God that will pay their school fees. Yes I believe in miracle maker but I don't believe in a disoranized and focusless life

Chances are if you don't plan your life poverty will help you plan IT. If you don't believe me observe the lifestyle of the rich and poor. See what they do differently

This is nice, a lot of people don't seek out opportunities and try the route of working hard due to some belief in destiny and superstition. Even if you work hard and don't get extra rich you will at least be more comfortable than you were (if you have some level of financial discipline).
I have really learned a lot on this thread and that "nobody cares about you" thread. Plan your life and be prepared to work. As the people of Ondo state will say "Ise logun ise".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Can Make You Leave Your Partner? / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Eight Babies / Mistakes People Make In Their 20s That Guarantee They Will Have A Hard Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.