Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,282 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? (6322 Views)

Nigerian Webmasters, Lets Go On Strike / For All Nigerian Webmasters From Fouani Nigeria Ltd (lg) / Nigerian Webmasters' Association? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? by mambenanje(m): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2009
waaooh nice read
alot of ideas and alot of rants and all good.
To me its about what the client wants. also at what stage is the industry in Nigeria right now. I guess its in the web 1.0 stage and even when the founders of the Internet as in USA were in the web 1.0 stage or the begining of web sites 1994 to 2000, you will realise that their sites too were not that appealing.
Trust me, give the clients what they want when they want it. else you will starve. My team can handle from www.mpyraa.org to www.bygtee.com to www.naijaborn.com, and some of clients pay us as low as 15K naira and others pay as high as 400K naira.
Guys its about giving them what they want and forgetting the pride. Even if you know all these HTML, CSS, Fireworks Photoshop, Dreamweaver, .NET, J2EE, cakephp, Joomla. the final thing is using what you know to make money.
thats all I have to say
Re: Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2009
mambenanje:

waaooh nice read
alot of ideas and alot of rants and all good.
To me its about what the client wants. also at what stage is the industry in Nigeria right now. I guess its in the web 1.0 stage and even when the founders of the Internet as in USA were in the web 1.0 stage or the begining of web sites 1994 to 2000, you will realise that their sites too were not that appealing.
Trust me, give the clients what they want when they want it. else you will starve. My team can handle from www.mpyraa.org to www.bygtee.com to www.naijaborn.com, and some of clients pay us as low as 15K naira and others pay as high as 400K naira.
Guys its about giving them what they want and forgetting the pride. Even if you know all these HTML, CSS, Fireworks Photoshop, Dreamweaver, .NET, J2EE, cakephp, Joomla. the final thing is using what you know to make money.
thats all I have to say

what pride?
Re: Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? by mambenanje(m): 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2009
@Webdezzi the pride of saying that I have alot of skills and I cant do sites lower than 20k naira. even if the client just wants 5page static site
do you get me now ??
Re: Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? by JideOguns(m): 6:39am On Dec 04, 2009
ya all should please check this out again. I need your comments and reviews.

http://www.jideogunleye.com/

Thanks!
Re: Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2009
when demands starts increasing, the price is expected to go way up,
it's inevitable
Re: Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2009
mambenanje:

@Webdezzi the pride of saying that I have alot of skills and I cant do sites lower than 20k naira. even if the client just wants 5page static site
do you get me now ??

Well he is right. right there. some clients do not really care for the technology or the standards behind the site. all they care is that "I have a website that looks way cooler than my neighbors'" now i can get back to business.
Re: Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? by otoidea(m): 2:04am On Dec 10, 2009
mambe on nairaland! woohoo! grin

Mr 2Digits jst coming tru showin luv o

naija web developers dey try! thers improvement over time. may not be as rapid as u like, but improvement all the same
Re: Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? by Kokotee007: 2:31pm On Feb 26, 2010
to Mike: YES I built it up myself. No templates No pre-existing frames.
Re: Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? by nigboy(m): 12:11am On Jul 04, 2011
You should not blame Nigerian Webmasters. The average Nigerian want to pay as little as N10 000 for a website. How would you compare a website of 10000 with that of 100 000

Personally, I wear many shoes in the website industry. I develop website from 5k(for student friends)
My latest work is http://iandrcommunications.com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BTjunkie Shuts Down / Does Youtube Monetize Nigerian Accounts? / Beginners Class For Joomla - Join Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.