Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers (1509 Views)

US Air Force Updates Dress Code, Approves Hijabs, Turbans / Protest In Ghana Against US Military Is Massive (Photos) / Zimbabwe Okays Payment Of School Fees With Goats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by SKYTREND(m): 5:30pm On Jan 06, 2017
In the final days of the Obama administration, the military has issued new guidelines for religious accommodations and dress.

The Army has issued a new regulation: Effective immediately, brigade-level commanders will be able to grant accommodations to servicemen and women who wear beards, turbans, or hijabs for religious reasons—the three most common requests for waivers to current guidelines on grooming and dress, according to a letter from the Secretary of the Army, Eric Fanning.

source: http://skytrendnews.com/2017/01/06/obama-quits-us-military-okays-turbans-beards-hijabs-dreadlocks-officers/

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by Mynd44: 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
Someone who is willing to go lay their lives in the line for me to be safe can wear a beard, Turban, an Hijab or Ninja uniform for all I care.

But then, I ain't American

3 Likes

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by SKYTREND(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
Mynd44:
Someone who is willing to go lay their lives in the line for me to be safe can wear a beard, Turban, an Hijab or Ninja uniform for all I care.

But then, I ain't American

What if the person is a terrorist impersonating an officer? This loose policy will definitely backfire, this is good news for future bombers

1 Like

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by Mynd44: 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2017
SKYTREND:

What if the person is a terrorist impersonating an officer? This loose policy will definitely backfire, this is good news for future bombers
Now if they don't allow turbans and beards, what stops a terrorist from shaving?

3 Likes

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by DozieInc(m): 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
This Obama is trying hard to be remembered for all his stupid policies.

2 Likes

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Obama was actually sleeping for 7-years+ he was there, thank God he just woke up..

1 Like

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Mynd44:

Now if theu dint allow turbans and boards what stops a terrorist from shaving?
Exactly, just like saying there haven't been impersonation before the policy.
Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by Flexherbal(m): 8:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
Mynd44:

Now if theu dint allow turbans and boards what stops a terrorist from shaving?
Good question !
Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by TheFreeOne: 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
DozieInc:
This Obama is trying hard to be remembered for all his stupid policies.

He's fighting hard to have a legacy in place since Obamacare will bite the dust for sure.

1 Like

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
Heheheheheeee! It's now official. Terrorists are now enlisting in the Jew-nited State Army. grin cheesy grin

Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gadsafi, Hugo Chavez; the irunmoles have avenged your blood. grin cheesy grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by Appleyard(m): 8:02am On Jan 08, 2017
I don't think its a good idea. The military is the only organized group in the world today, with code of conduct that centres on professionalism. Dancing to religious tunes might be counter productive on the long run. I think professionalism and force ethics should come first and last, not some religious twisted compromise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 08, 2017
Appleyard:
I don't think its a good idea. The military is the only organized group in the world today, with code of conduct that centres on professionalism. Dancing to religious tunes might be counter productive on the long run. I think professionalism and force ethics should come first and last, not some religious twisted compromise.

Appleyard of Moskow - What do you expect? Especially now that the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans & Queer (LGBTQ) people - including Terrorists kitted in turbans & hijabs - are being accepted to join the Army ranks, the Amerikan military is on its way to becoming an international laughing stock. grin

Previously, terms like “gay” & “pussy” were in widespread use in the Amerikan military’s basic training.

Drill sergeants used such terminology to exhort the “numb-nuts” placed in their charge to start acting like men.

I wonder what words drill sergeants use now that they’ve been tasked with training those they previously referred to as “gays” and “pussies”? grin

This comedy can continue as long as the Amerikan military continues to shy away from attacking any serious adversary like Iran or North Korea (won't even mention Russia), because if it did, comedy would instantly turn to tragedy grin cheesy grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by seunny4lif(m): 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
grin grin grin
That got me grin grin
Zoharariel:

Appleyard of Moskow - What do you expect? Especially now that the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans & Queer (LGBTQ) people - including Terrorists kitted in turbans & hijabs - are being accepted to join the Army ranks, the Amerikan military is on its way to becoming an international laughing stock. grin

Previously, terms like “gay” & “pussy” were in widespread use in the Amerikan military’s basic training.

Drill sergeants used such terminology to exhort the “numb-nuts” placed in their charge to start acting like men.

I wonder what words drill sergeants use now that they’ve been tasked with training those they previously referred to as “gays” and “pussies”? grin

This comedy can continue as long as the Amerikan military continues to shy away from attacking any serious adversary like Iran or North Korea (won't even mention Russia), because if it did, comedy would instantly turn to tragedy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
Absolute nonsense
Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by WebSurfer(m): 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2017
Mynd44:

Now if they don't allow turbans and beards, what stops a terrorist from shaving?
ask am well
Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by leofab(f): 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
Die minute struggle
Re: US Military Okays Turbans, Beards, Hijabs, And Dreadlocks For Officers by Appleyard(m): 1:34am On Jan 15, 2017
Zoharariel:

For all I care, morality is dead in the US, and this we know. But taking it to the military is not good at all... There is a way those people see things and reason. Their mindsets are totally different from those that are straight. Even medical science has confirmed it.

Well, good luck to them..But I must say the thing is regrettably lugubrious and a pitiable bismal dismal act of compromise....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Underground Nazi ‘City’ Of Tunnels And Bunkers Built By Dutch Slaves / Unbelieveable: Angola Pours Oil Money Into Debt-ridden Portugal / Pres. Obama photobombed by kissing kids.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.