Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,057 members, 7,956,949 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

Was Peter A Pope? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Peter A Pope? (1631 Views)

Was Peter The First Pope? / A Pope After My Heart / Simplified Processes Taken Before One Is Made A Pope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Peter A Pope? by orunto27: 1:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
Yes.
Re: Was Peter A Pope? by DoctorAlien(m): 12:44am On Apr 12, 2017
Bump!
Re: Was Peter A Pope? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
Ya thread flopped grin
Re: Was Peter A Pope? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
Splinz:

They love lies and deceits more than God's revealed word. All of these is as a result of placing traditions above Scriptures, thereby making the word of God of no effect.

Yes, the title of “Peter” or “Pater” or “Patre” was a title of religious primacy that Simon Magus (the sorcerer and founder of the Catholic church) donned. Thus, he carried the title Simon “Peter.” The word “Pater” is of the same derivation as the word “Papa” or “Father” or “Pope.”

So when they talk of 'a' Peter as their pope, simply know that they are talking of Simon Magus.
You see ur ignorance, peter is frm d greek word petrus and the aramaic cephas. Pope is actually more french for papa. They are not derived from each other.
Re: Was Peter A Pope? by Splinz(m): 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
Ubenedictus:
You see ur ignorance, peter is frm d greek word petrus and the aramaic cephas. Pope is actually more french for papa. They are not derived from each other.

I've always known you as someone lacking in comprehension skills. So, I'm not surprised anymore.

1 Like

Re: Was Peter A Pope? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:30am On Apr 22, 2017
Splinz:

I've always known you as someone lacking in comprehension skills. So, I'm not surprised anymore.
Hehe, and u are so wise linking peter to pope as though one word is linked to the other.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Of The So-called "Satanic Teachings" Of Carlos Castaneda. / See What Pastor E.A. Adeboye Speaks On Make-up, Jewelry, wigs & bleached / Pastor Bakare To Yorubas "Igbos Didn't Point Gun & Force You To Sell Your Land"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.