Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Why Does Heaven Need A Gate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does Heaven Need A Gate (1366 Views)

Are You Going To Heaven? Need To See This / Does Heaven Only Help Those Who Help Themselves? / What Does Heaven Have To Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Queenlovely(f): 6:57am On Aug 30, 2020
investments.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by dingbang(m): 7:00am On Aug 30, 2020
Gate has a symbolic meaning.
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Joshmodest(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2020
because touts like us won't enter and we likely may cause a riot ...
So God us just trying to be security conscious just in case ....
Grown men be living on folklore and myths ...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by AntiChristian: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2020
For beautification....
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Liveair: 8:07am On Aug 30, 2020
dingbang:
Gate has a symbolic meaning.
Hahaha. Suddenly and conveniently as usual it becomes symbolic.
Any Bible passage that gets challenged with objective reasoning always becomes 'symbolic' or 'Figurative', no longer actual or real. Funny people

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by dingbang(m): 8:11am On Aug 30, 2020
Liveair:

Any Bible passage that gets challenged with objective reasoning always becomes 'symbolic' or 'Figurative', no longer actual or real. Funny people
so as you wise reach in your stupid sense, you think your brain can comprehend the things of the spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 30, 2020
Every concept has a gate and gatekeepers.

Grow up. It's not that deep.

And no, I will not educate you on who gatekeepers are either.

If you cannot have beyond the first level of thoughts, you should go back to primary school.
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Missyajoke(f): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2020
I don't know
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by hopefulLandlord: 8:18am On Aug 30, 2020
Because at some point you'd get pissed of singing to a Jewish god forever and ever that you'd want to escape from such a narcissistic entity's celestial North Korea. This entity therefore built gates to keep you in

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Vyzz: 8:24am On Aug 30, 2020
Liveair:

Even scientist says so...

Gate/Doors are symbols...

Have u heard of The Doorway Effect?
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by chiommy123(f): 8:26am On Aug 30, 2020
maybe for beautification as someone said. I know no man or demon can cause any riot in heaven as someone said. you will be occupied with praises and worship or gnashing of teeth
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 30, 2020
Queenlovely:
2 Peter 1:11
Living Bible
11 And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
I started with this bible chapter because I am awed that heaven will need a gate. or are we bringing our human bias into the Bible.
1, what is the need of a gate in heaven?
why does hell need a gate, do people run away from hell, I am confused
English Standard Version
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
I was told that the angels can fly, I was thinking heaven will be a walled with out gates.

Jesus (Michael) lived all his life in heaven before coming to live with humans for less than 34 years, as the word of God {John 1:1} he knew the best way to help us grasp heavenly things. {John 3:12} 99% of what he said about heaven and spirit realms are symbolic including lake of fire and other stuffs that Churchgoers takes literally! smiley
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by AngusTV: 8:38am On Aug 30, 2020
I don’t think it means gate in the literal sense though
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 30, 2020
To keep you out of it
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by CAPSLOCKED: 9:06am On Aug 30, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Because at some point you'd get pissed of singing to a Jewish god forever and ever that you'd want to escape from such a narcissistic entity's celestial North Korea. This entity therefore built gates to keep you in

IMAGINE SINGING AND PLAYING FLUTES AND TRUMPETS FOR ETERNITY.
NO OTHER ACTIVITIES LIKE WATCHING BBN, GOING FOR A WALK AT A PARK, PRACTICING A DANCE OR GOING TO VISIT FRIENDS.. OR EVEN TAKING A NAP. IT'LL BE STRICTLY THE SAME ENDLESS CYCLE OF PRAYING AND BOWING TO GOD FOR EVER AND EVER. THIS IS STUPID. WHAT KIND OF A PLACE IS THAT??

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 30, 2020
Sodiquinone:
To keep you out of it
Because many will lie on the floor to beg for forgiveness when it is too late. Evil doers won't even see the so called HEAVENS GATE.
REPENT NOW.
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by obonujoker(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

NO OTHER ACTIVITIES LIKE WATCHING BBN, GOING FOR A WALK AT A PARK, PRACTICING A DANCE OR GOING TO VISIT FRIENDS.. OR EVEN TAKING A NAP. IT'LL BE STRICTLY THE SAME ENDLESS CYCLE OF PRAYING AND BOWING TO GOD FOR EVER AND EVER. THIS IS STUPID. WHAT KIND OF A PLACE IS THAT??

The Bible disagrees
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by CAPSLOCKED: 9:36am On Aug 30, 2020
obonujoker:

The Bible disagrees
SO WHAT DOES THE BIBLE AGREE WITH?
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Liveair: 10:12am On Aug 30, 2020
dingbang:
so as you wise reach in your stupid sense, you think your brain can comprehend the things of the spirit.

The same way you can't comprehend why some folks will get 72 virgins in heaven for cleaning the world of "infidels".

Hope it makes sense to you now.

6 Likes

Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by dingbang(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2020
Liveair:

The same way you can't comprehend why some folks will get 72 virgins in heaven for cleaning the world of "infidels".

Hope it makes sense to you now.
I swear na now I know say your studity kajara akaja
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Liveair: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2020
dingbang:
I swear na now I know say your studity kajara akaja

Others are reading to get enlightened, so try and make sense please.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Firstly, how did you come about this reasoning?
Secondly, the Lord who gave you this brain to know what to do for relaxation will certainly know how to treat his people to relaxation picnic.
Thirdly, in His wisdom if singing and playing flute will be the best form of relaxation for his redeemed ones for all eternity, so be it.
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by obonujoker(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

SO WHAT DOES THE BIBLE AGREE WITH?

There is joy in heaven.

There would be no more sorrow.

All kings and righteous people will bring their glory in it, meaning it won't be a boring place.

It's also better than to be burning forever in the lake with burns with fire and brimstone for eternity.

As we know God cannot lie.
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by CAPSLOCKED: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2020
obonujoker:

As we know God cannot lie.

FROM NUMBERS CHAPTER 22.
That night God came to Balaam and said, “If these men have come to summon you, go with them, but do only what I tell you.”

When Balaam got up in the morning, he saddled his donkey and left with the Moabite princes.
God became angry that he was going. So the Messenger of the LORD stood in the road to stop him with his sword drawn.

YOUR GOD IS A PSYCHOPATH!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by obonujoker(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

FROM NUMBERS CHAPTER 22.
That night God came to Balaam and said, “If these men have come to summon you, go with them, but do only what I tell you.”

When Balaam got up in the morning, he saddled his donkey and left with the Moabite princes.
God became angry that he was going. So the Messenger of the LORD stood in the road to stop him with his sword drawn.

YOUR GOD IS A PSYCHOPATH!

Jesus loves you bro... Come back to the sheepfold
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Karleb(m): 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
This is thought provoking.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Image123(m): 2:55am On Aug 31, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

Your simple mind assumed this or you were deceived by picture books and movies as usual?
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 31, 2020
Queenlovely:
2 Peter 1:11
Living Bible
11 And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I started with this bible chapter because I am awed that heaven will need a gate. or are we bringing our human bias into the Bible.

1, what is the need of a gate in heaven?

why does hell need a gate, do people run away from hell, I am confused

,English Standard Version
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

I was told that the angels can fly, I was thinking heaven will be a walled with out gates.

It's symbolic. It's like saying the USA is a major pillar of the UNO. Doesn't mean the USA is a literal pillar in a building. Or if one says Nigeria received the ambassador with open arms. Nigeria sure doesn't have arms in this context.
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by olu77(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2020
A gateless heaven will be a disaster in Trump's voice

I million boys, herds men with their cows shitting everywhere, Almajiris with dirty plates, area boys, agberos the types you see at the beach and many more stupid people will litter everywhere.

What will be the point if we get to heaven and it's still like what we are experiencing now. A gateless heaven in my opinion will be a disastrous disaster. That's my opinion, over to you broda Ritgheousness.
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Afr0mentalist: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

It's symbolic. It's like saying the USA is a major pillar of the UNO. Doesn't mean the USA is a literal pillar in a building. Or if one says Nigeria received the ambassador with open arms. Nigeria sure doesn't have arms in this context.
If it’s symbolic it therefore means Anything in the Bible can be symbolic. Maybe Jesus never existed and the whole story is symbolic too.
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Dtruthspeaker: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
It is meant to keep impurities and sins from the earth, out of heaven.

Remember, heaven (Spirit) and earth (flesh) where conjoined twins having Unlimited Access to each other without any restriction or gate because they were both Pure at the beginning but when man allowed Satan to join him and render him unclean, God Confined Satan to the earth (flesh)

And satan, like a virus, corrupts everything, so God quarantined and gated him to the earth thereby leaving heaven free from his evil activities.

Which is why we can only see hear from God clearly without any second voice Only in heaven (spirit) not on earth (physical).

It is exactly like a song says "shut the door, keep out the devil"
Re: Why Does Heaven Need A Gate by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 18, 2020
Afr0mentalist:

If it’s symbolic it therefore means Anything in the Bible can be symbolic. Maybe Jesus never existed and the whole story is symbolic too.

Or maybe when we say Hitler killed more than 6 million Jews we may conclude that since the statement is symbolic and it's not that Hitler literally went about shooting and stabbing Jews all over the place, then anything about the Third Reich can be symbolic. Maybe Hitler never existed and all the story is symbolic, right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians Obviously Don't Believe The Bible / The Life And Times Of T.B. Joshua / Are You Destroying Yourself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.