Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC (10331 Views)

Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In November / Airtel Salah Day Internet Disruption, Internet Users React / Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by Dcaliphate(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
Chai, them sharp niggas cut me off fp, nothing more to say
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by tbliss22(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2017
Wow that's a total of 92million surfing the internet out of 170million. This guys (NCC and service providers) are making crazy millions of naira......
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by OBAGADAFFI: 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
This info is not accurate.

Where are the LTE networks(Swift, Spectanet, NTEL e.t.c)

I thought Visafone has already gone to MTN.

1 Like

Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by amAZEing: 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
More shocking stats coming soon.
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by Samagads10(m): 9:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
Jibril659:
glo snail
they have the worst network in the country. When I say the country I don't mean in the big cities like Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Onitsha, Warri etc. You know the strength of a network in the strength of its service in remote or semi remote areas. Globacom are shit.
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
tbliss22:
Wow that's a total of 92million surfing the internet out of 170million. This guys (NCC and service providers) are making crazy millions of naira......

Im telling u. They are making money. Only Mtn self surpasses d whole population of Canada. And Canada has more than 5 service providers.
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by investigator007: 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
What were they thinking before money was the problem na
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by duketerry22(m): 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
You can then imagine what these numbers would've been like had the data hike been effected. If you people like increase the price of sub and watch as you record even lower subscribers..
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2017
Probably it's cause as a result of recession we're experiencing now
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by tiwiex(m): 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
don4real18:
They don't need a poll to know that subscribers will reduce... This is simple economics

I don't think it was a poll tho. It was just a monthly NCC report but yea d decline is expected. If he can't ban it, at least he can frustrate us.
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by bartho77(m): 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
Love Machine:

Palnet??

Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by emynike2001(m): 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
Whizpeter:
The number of internet users in Nigeria’s telecommunications networks have further reduced to 92,446,687 in November, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has said.

The telecommunications industry umpire made the disclosure in its Monthly Internet Subscribers Data for November, obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Lagos.

The data indicated that internet users on both Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) and Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) networks reduced by 759,683 in November.

It showed that of the 92.4 million internet users in November, 92,416,378 were on GSM networks, while 30,309 users were on CDMA networks.

Also, the GSM service providers lost 759,683 internet customers after recording 92,416,378 users in November, as against 93,176,061 it recorded in October.

The CDMA operators had retained 30,309 internet subscribers in November as recorded in October 2016.

The data revealed that MTN had 32,017,779 subscribers browsing the internet on its network in the month under review.

It said that MTN recorded a decrease of 447,000 internet subscribers in November, after recording 32,464,779 in October.

According to the data, Globacom has 27,122,892 customers surfing the net on its network in November, revealing a decrease of 62,660 users, from the 27,185,552 that surfed the internet on the network in October.

Airtel had 19,143,700 internet users in November, adding 311,462 customers to its October record of 18,832,238.

The data also showed that Etisalat had 14,132,007 customers who browsed the internet in November, revealing a decrease of 561,485 users against the 14,693,492 users recorded in October.

The NCC data revealed that the CDMA operators, Multi-Links and Visafone, had a joint total of 30,309 internet users on their networks in November, maintaining the same record of October.

According to the data, Visafone has 30,305 customers surfing the internet in November, while Multi-Links has just four internet users.

The decrease in the use of the internet in November showed that service providers had a great job of ensuring that more Nigerians embrace data, as the next revolution.

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/internet-users-decline-94-4m-november-ncc/

THIS NETWORK PROVIDERS ARE THIEIVES, WHAT STOPS THEM FROM ENLISTING ON THE FLOOR OF THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE,

THEY JUST SUCK THE MASSES DRY AND NCC IS DOING NOTHING TO CHECKMATE THE USELESS SERVICES THEY RENDER.

APART FROM MTN WHOSE COPERATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IS NOTICABLE IN THE COUNTRY, WHAT ARE OTHERS DOING THAT HAVE A POSITIVE LONG LASTING IMPART ON THE MASSES.

NCC YOU GUYS ARE NOT LIVING UP TO EXPECTATION, FG SHOULD BEAM THEIR LIGHT ON THAT SECTOR PROPERLY.
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by menthane(m): 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
When the mugu president made almost everyone cashless, food never dey na data person go dey invest on.
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2017
Samagads10:
they have the worst network in the country. When I say the country I don't mean in the big cities like Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Onitsha, Warri etc. You know the strength of a network in the strength of its service in remote or semi remote areas. Globacom are shit.
shit is as slow as hell. lost 4GB lastweek because i could not exhaust it due to glo's bad network
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by bizhop01: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
SO GLO ONLY 62,660 users,very soo it will be 62users,APC NETWORK WEY DEY SLOW LIKE SNAIL
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by mayorchelsea(m): 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
Isn't this what they wanted? To regulate social media and control the news that fly around about them.

1 Like

Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by seguno2: 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2017
Buhari recession haf killed everyone.
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by seguno2: 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
iPrevail:
I'm sorry, what were they expecting? A hike in data price and increased subscribers? Not one agency in this country seems to be sensible. Where's the hope gonna come from?

Is the head of the country sensible?
An illiterate fumbler begets senseless agencies.
QED!!!
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by kanayogod(m): 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
Jibril659:
glo snail
Glo rubbish!
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by ogasman(m): 12:10am On Jan 07, 2017
ncc I nearly gave my first fvck
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by ThinkSmarter: 1:38am On Jan 07, 2017
thank God for the statistics, it will guide them in the nearest future when planning to make an upward review of data price or data price hiking as they call it, bc by then the reduction digit will be in 7s
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by Thomsyne(m): 3:23am On Jan 07, 2017
Whizpeter:
The number of internet users in Nigeria’s telecommunications networks have further reduced to 92,446,687 in November, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has said.

The telecommunications industry umpire made the disclosure in its Monthly Internet Subscribers Data for November, obtained by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Lagos.

The data indicated that internet users on both Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) and Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) networks reduced VoyageAndTravels by 759,683 in November.

It showed that of the 92.4 million internet users in November, 92,416,378 were on GSM networks, while 30,309 users were on CDMA networks.

Also, the GSM service providers lost 759,683 internet customers after recording 92,416,378 users in November, as against 93,176,061 it recorded in October.

The CDMA operators had retained 30,309 internet subscribers in November as recorded in October 2016.

The data revealed that MTN had 32,017,779 subscribers browsing the internet on its network in the month under review.

It said that MTN recorded a decrease of 447,000 internet subscribers in November, after recording 32,464,779 in October.

According to the data, Globacom has 27,122,892 customers surfing the net on its network in November, revealing a decrease of 62,660 users, from the 27,185,552 that surfed the internet on the network in October.

Airtel had 19,143,700 internet users in November, adding 311,462 customers to its October record of 18,832,238.

The data also showed that Etisalat had 14,132,007 customers who browsed the internet in November, revealing a decrease of 561,485 users against the 14,693,492 users recorded in October.

The NCC data revealed that the CDMA operators, Multi-Links and Visafone, had a joint total of 30,309 internet users on their networks in November, maintaining the same record of October.

According to the data, Visafone has 30,305 customers surfing the internet in November, while Multi-Links has just four internet users.

The decrease in the use of the internet in November showed that service providers had a great job of ensuring that more Nigerians embrace data, as the next revolution.

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/internet-users-decline-94-4m-november-ncc/

Hehe
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by Pennywise(m): 3:40am On Jan 07, 2017
When NCC begins to put out fake statistics like this, you guys know they are up to something. Usually it is no good. It is not in in the interest of free and affordable browsing.

The last time they made a statement, it was about the need to pay more yo gsm companies.

Hackers should give them something to worry about bf they embark on another mischief.
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by gbegemaster(m): 5:44am On Jan 07, 2017
byrron:

Chinese: buhari是一个傻瓜
Lol
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by almarthins(m): 6:53am On Jan 07, 2017
byrron:

Chinese: buhari是一个傻瓜

Even the bird wey perch for ur tree yesternight na buhari send am. Buhari na second in command after Satan now.
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by miniziter(m): 7:32am On Jan 07, 2017
That's to tell you how powerful MMM is. We went on break and internet subscribers decline.I personally don't subscribe until the arrival of MMM. Wait till Jan 14th(when MMM will resume) and you'll see a higher figure of internet users.
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by APCmyheart(m): 7:48am On Jan 07, 2017
nurey:
Yoruba: Eleyi gidigan
Hausa: Kai NCC bah popoluwa
Igbo: odikwa bad for business
English: This is expected considering the dullard at helms of affair
French: bienvenue à la négativité

Other languages coming soon

So many of you just comment with sense i think, if 92million people out of about 180million are using internet abeg them want make 150million people dey use am?

How will 70% of easterners that does not even have access to newspaper be able to get internet..

How will almajiri in the North need Internet..

What will perpper seller in various markets do with internet? to advertise pepper and maggi?
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by APCmyheart(m): 7:53am On Jan 07, 2017
davodyguy:
From a population of 170m

Despite the decline, we still try no be small.

92,446,687/170,000,000= 54%

The sad part is that this number includes

Sadists
Retards
Fraudsters
Low life
Sick Nairaland fucksss association
Reasonable people
Drug baron

Etc

Lol

I swear you get sense, Even Data in Nigeria is cheaper than most countries.

Before anybody started throwing insults google is free and can access information for free too..

They should just check price of data in other countries and compare them..

1.2GB in Benin Republic is like 8k naira.

unlimited is over 20k naira monthly..

www.be.com

MTN

GLO

MOOV etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by kiete(m): 9:53am On Jan 07, 2017
What is multi-Link still doing in the business? They should please take a bow!
Re: Internet Users Declined To 92.4m In November – NCC by nurey(m): 10:42am On Jan 07, 2017
APCmyheart:

So many of you just comment with sense i think, if 92million people out of about 180million are using internet abeg them want make 150million people dey use am?

How will 70% of easterners that does not even have access to newspaper be able to get internet..

How will almajiri in the North need Internet..

What will perpper seller in various markets do with internet? to advertise pepper and maggi?

I don't understand why you quote me, but seems you are a party supporter instead of been a good governance supporter. To let me explain to you why Internet usage should never be by location, education level or exposure. With this 3 things food, government and people.

The food is located in the village, farmers need to be kept updated with happenings in order not to be short changed, example I farm in a village in SW it's with Internet I was able to know dangote tomato paste will open I February, how does it help me? I now know tomato will be expensive in SW because less quatity will be coming from the north.

Government needs to keep in touch with farmers and know the issue they are facing, know when a particular food is plenty full and scarce in order to prepare for the future with an Internet based app, extension workers can bridge this gap effectively

People need Internet to keep themselves updated during leisure time a farmer in the bush can browse and keep in touch with family far away with skype

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*best Android (hd Games, Rooting, Tweaking, Upgrade, Tutorials) Zone* / Pls, Reactivation Of My Glo Line / Glo Is Compensating For The Lost Days!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.