Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,790 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . (8176 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by No2Atheism(m): 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2009
I find it weird that it seems the Catholic has access to a number of historical books and manuscripts and yet for some unknown reason, it seems to be keeping them secret.

- Why is this and for wat purpose is this being done.
- Is it not profitable for knowledge to be disseminated to all people of all nations.

Did the Bible not say that people are perishing for lack of knowledge. . .hence would it not be logical to say that the Catholic church is actually contributing to the perishing of these souls by intentionally withholding historical information.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2009
I can't believe you of all people are asking this question. You want them to contribute to their own demise?
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by No2Atheism(m): 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2009
naijababe:

I can't believe you of all people are asking this question. You want them to contribute to their own demise?

Haba . . . cool cool cool cool . . . do you really sincerely think i do not know the answer to the question i asked.

It was a rhethorical question . . . i already know that they are trying to save their own ass and continue to hold on to the control and power they have over brainwashed people  . . . hence its not like i don't already have an idea of why they are doing that.

However i intentionally asked the question so that others can also get to learn in the process of others contributing to the thread.

By the way, which is more important:

1. The saving the catholic church from demise . . .

or

2. The salvation of the souls of men as a result of knowing the truth through the exposure of the things being kept secret by the catholic church . . .

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by chinedumo(m): 11:27am On Nov 23, 2009
that was courageous of you. It seems like one of my greatest historical chareaters is back to life. Martin Luther of course. nevertheless your interpretation seems to imply also that one should view immoral literature all in the name of acquiring knowledge. thanks I will need you to help me out here. I mean no harm
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Mrblazer(m): 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2009
You made yourself foolish. If they are hiding historical books how come you have a bible in your house? That is if you are a true christian.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by No2Atheism(m): 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2009
chinedumo:

that was courageous of you. It seems like one of my greatest historical chareaters is back to life. Martin Luther of course. nevertheless your interpretation seems to imply also that one should view immoral literature all in the name of acquiring knowledge. thanks I will need you to help me out here. I mean no harm

1. Who determines whats moral and whats immoral . . . is it those trying to control people that do that or is it the availability of information that makes people to know for themselves that which is moral and that which is immoral.

2. When there is availability of information, its easy for people to be free of control and hence easy for those people to know which is moral according to the scriptures. This is because they would not lack the knowledge to know such.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by No2Atheism(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2009
Mr blazer:

You made yourself foolish. [/b]If they are hiding historical books how come you have a bible in your house? That is if you are a true christian.

1. I don't do personal insults . . . i tend to stick with the truth even if it pisses you off.

2. Try again . . . such things bring little or nothing to the table.

3. Are you really naive enough to think Catholics brought the bible to your house . . . please go and learn about history [b]TO KNOW that Catholics did everything possible (including killing people) so as to prevent people from having personal access to the bible

READ UP ON CHURCH HISTORY AND COME BACK AND THEN IT WOULD BE EASY FOR YOU TO MAKE AN "UNBIASED STATEMENT"
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Horus(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2009
No2Atheism:

I find it weird that it seems the Catholic has access to a number of historical books and manuscripts and yet for some unknown reason, it seems to be keeping them secret.

- Why is this and for wat purpose is this being done.
- Is it not profitable for knowledge to be disseminated to all people of all nations.

Did the Bible not say that people are perishing for lack of knowledge. . .hence would it not be logical to say that the Catholic church is actually contributing to the perishing of these souls by intentionally withholding historical information.

They keep all this manuscripts secret and cannot release them because it would be a threat to the evil economic system of today. They know also that if christians find out all the Facts, this will be the end of Christianity and Christians will no longer worship them and respect them.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by chinedumo(m): 10:45am On Nov 25, 2009
correction please, catholicITY is not Christianity. So therefore exposure of catholic secrets will bring an end to or damage the catholic group not Christianity. Actual the reverse is the case. it will boost Christianity.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Broda09: 11:02am On Nov 25, 2009
The historical info is for your own good. What if you found out that there actually was no God and religion was invented to control man?
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by chinedumo(m): 11:48am On Nov 25, 2009
Do you really think so, that religion was invented by man to control man? i will rather say the catholic religion is what you are referring to. A sure bet anytime any where. we can overcome this plot of secrecy by following our lord. take heed nothing that is done in secret that will not be published on the very rooftops. da master is talking.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Broda09: 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2009
Exactly the reason you can't be told the truth. Ever wondered why africans are fanatical about christianity and the white men who brought it to us 60% of them don't believe in God? Don't you look stupid?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by chinedumo(m): 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2009
What truth are you talking about? I am not a christian bc the whites preached to me. but by personal conviction . I understand your fears. The whites are not the standard. their falling away shows that they were never in the faith. besides the missionaries are dead it is their children you are talking about. thank for the feedback. we could chat on yahoo if you are there for a better understanding and communication if you are there. onyenekwechinedu@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by chinedumo(m): 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2009
my faith is based on facts, truth and certainty. nothing to do with white for example check this out.
60 seconds with God,

For the next 60 seconds, set aside whatever you are doing and take this opportunity!

Let's see if Satan can stop this. THE SCIENTIFIC DEATH OF JESUS, At the age of 33, Jesus was condemned to the death penalty, At the time crucifixion was the "worst" death. Only the worst criminals were condemned to be crucified. Yet it was even more dreadful for Jesus, unlike other criminals condemned to death by crucifixion Jesus was to be nailed to the cross by His hands and feet, imagine that,, Each nail was 6 to 8 inches long, The nails were driven into His wrist, not into His palms as is commonly portrayed. There is a tendon in the wrist that extends to the shoulder. The Roman guards knew that when the nails were being hammered into the wrist that tendon would tear and break; forcing Jesus to use His back muscles to support himself so that He could breathe, Both of His feet were nailed together. Thus, He was forced to support Himself on the single nail that impaled His feet to the cross. Jesus could not support himself with His legs because of the pain, so He was forced to alternate between arching His back then using his legs just to continue to breathe, Imagine the struggle, the pain, the suffering, and the courage, Jesus endured this cruel reality for over 3 hours. Yes, over 3 hours! Can you imagine this kind of suffering? A few minutes before He died, Jesus stopped bleeding. He was simply pouring water from his wounds, From common images we see wounds to His hands and feet and even the spear wound to His side. But do we realize His wounds were actually made in his body? A hammer driving large nails through the wrist, the feet overlapped and an even larger nail hammered through the arches, then a Roman guard piercing His side with a spear. But before the nails and the spear wound, Jesus was whipped and beaten. The whipping was so severe that it tore the flesh from His body. The beating so horrific that His face was torn and his beard ripped from His face. The crown of thorns cut deeply into His scalp. Most men would not have survived this torture, He had no more blood to bleed out, only water poured from His wounds. The human adult body contains about 3.5 liters (just less than a gallon) of blood, Jesus poured all 3.5 liters of his blood; He had three nails hammered into His members; a crown of thorns on His head and, beyond that, a Roman soldier who stabbed a spear into His side, All these without mentioning the humiliation He suffered after carrying His own cross for almost 2 kilometers, while the crowd spat in his face and threw stones. The cross was almost 30 kg of weight, Jesus had to endure this experience, so that you can have free access to God. So that your sins could be "washed" away. All of them with no exception! Do not ignore this. JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR YOU AND I, ! For you, who is reading this Do not believe that He died only for others - those who go to church or for pastors, bishops, etc, He died for you! It is easy to pass jokes or foolish photos by e-mail, but when it comes to God, sometimes you feel ashamed to forward to others because you are worried of what they may think about you. Accept the reality, the truth that JESUS IS THE ONLY SALVATION FOR THE WORLD. God has plans for you, show all your friends what He experienced to save you. Now think about this! May God bless your life! 60 seconds with God, For the next 60 seconds, set aside what you are doing and take this opportunity! Let's see if Satan can stop this, All you have to do is:

1. Simply pray for the person who sent this message to you: Lord, you know the life of ______. I ask You to bless him/her in all things and make him prosperous. Take care of his/her family, his/her health, his/her work and all his/her future plans. Lead him/her not into temptation, but deliver him/her from evil. In Jesus' name, amen.

2. Then, send this message to 10 people.

More if you wish.

3. 10 people will pray for you and you will make that many people pray to God for other people.

4. Take a moment to appreciate the power of God in your life, for doing what pleases Him.

If you are not ashamed to do this, please, follow Jesus' instructions. He said (Matthew 10:32 & 33): "Everyone therefore who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge before My Father in heaven; but whosoever denies Me before others, I also will deny before My Father in heaven".

If you believe, send this message, But send it only if you believe in Christ Jesus is your Lord and Savior.

Yes, I love God. He is my source of life and my Savior.

He keeps me alive day and night.

Without Him, I am nothing, but with Him "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13.

This is the simple proof. If you love God and you are a believer and trust in salvation through Christ Jesus, send this to all those you love.

WHEN GOD TAKES SOMETHING FROM YOUR GRASP, HE'S NOT PUNISHING YOU, BUT MERELY OPENING YOUR HANDS TO RECEIVE SOMETHING BETTER. TO GET SOMETHING YOU NEVER HAD, YOU MUST DO SOMETHING YOU NEVER DID.

In GOD I trust.
onyenekwe chinedu for Warm Regards
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Carlosein(m): 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2009
questions, questions and more questions!!!
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Tudor6(f): 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2009
@chinedumo.

1. Err what EXACTLY is the SCIENCE for the resurrection of jesus?

2. Stop lying, there is no direct tendon than runs from the shoulder to the wrist.

3. Millions of other individuals have died a far worse death than that you described above. . . . I guess we should all worship them too, right?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by otitokoro1: 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2009
Is this tudor a scientist? Yet Nija they import even tooth pick. grin

anyway sha:
Jesus is Lord
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by chinedumo(m): 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2009
Thanks once again. grin science for resurrection. I was expecting that. First some other people have died a worse death. You can't worship them though cos 1. they are not sinless (for at least 33 yrs in the eyes of God) 2 they died not die for the sins of others cos they cannot. only a sinless can. Jesus redeemed the whole world from perdition. At his anguish he forgave all. 3. This may not be easy for you to understand but you will if you are willing. The greatest problem of the world was taken care of Sin and death. 4. he is the son of God of the same rank with God but humbled himself and took the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of man. For the love of mankind unto liberation, salvation and restoration. He gave all (his life) though he had power to save himself. I will get back to you soon.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2009
@ TOPIC

because some things have to be kept secret.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by KunleOshob(m): 10:11am On Nov 28, 2009
@Post
Some of the books hidden in the vatican contain some of the deep spiritual secrets that Jesus taught his disciples. A lot of those books would empower the average person if they are exposed to it. The problem is that some people would use this knowledge for good whilst a lot of people would use it for evil. But the real motive of the catholic church is to monopolize this knowledge and keep their congregation spiritually dependent on them.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by KunleOshob(m): 10:20am On Nov 28, 2009
chinedumo:

Thanks once again. grin science for resurrection. I was expecting that. First some other people have died a worse death. You can't worship them though cos 1. they are not sinless (for at least 33 yrs in the eyes of God) 2 they died not die for the sins of others cos they cannot. only a sinless can. Jesus redeemed the whole world from perdition. At his anguish he forgave all. 3. This may not be easy for you to understand but you will if you are willing. The greatest problem of the world was taken care of Sin and death. 4. he is the son of God[b] of the same rank with God [/b] but humbled himself and took the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of man. For the love of mankind unto liberation, salvation and restoration. He gave all (his life) though he had power to save himself. I will get back to you soon.
The above highlighted statement is very faulty and it doesn't have any biblical basis. Jesus always deferred to God as his superior in the bible and NEVER at any time claim or even suggested equality with God. I often wonder why "chritians" like strecthing the truth about the the status of christ.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by viaro: 10:22am On Nov 28, 2009
KunleOshob:

The above highlighted statement is very faulty and it doesn't have any biblical basis. Jesus always deferred to God as his superior in the bible and NEVER at any time claim or even suggested equality with God. I often wonder why "chritians" like strecthing the truth about the the status of christ.

What does the Deity of Christ mean to you?
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by KunleOshob(m): 10:33am On Nov 28, 2009
viaro:

What does the Deity of Christ mean to you?
In my bible based understanding Jesus is the son of God almighty which automatically makes him a God as well.[The bible acknowledges the existence of several lesser gods] But he is a distinct individual from his father and he made it clear in scriptures that the father is greater than him. So someone claiming on NL that he is of the same rank as the father is contrary to the teachings of christ himself.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Tudor6(f): 11:01am On Nov 28, 2009
Anybody want my view on the diety of jesus? grin
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by No2Atheism(m): 11:02am On Nov 28, 2009
Tudór:

Anybody want my view on the diety of jesus? grin

White Tanned European Jesus you mean . . . grin grin grin
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by viaro: 11:10am On Nov 28, 2009
KunleOshob:

In my bible based understanding Jesus is the son of God almighty which automatically makes him a God as well.[The bible acknowledges the existence of several lesser gods] But he is a distinct individual from his father and he made it clear in scriptures that the father is greater than him. So someone claiming on NL that he is of the same rank as the father is contrary to the teachings of christ himself.

Thank you for that simple point. But I was wondering that you might have hastily missed his point and drew wrong inferences. The post you replied to (chinedumo's) did not argue that Christ was of the same rank as "the Father"; rather this was his statement:
chinedumo:

4. he is the son of God of the same rank with God but humbled himself and took the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of man.
The "same rank with God", he said; and not what you supposed he had said ('the same rank as the father').
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Tudor6(f): 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2009
No2Atheism:

White Tanned European Jesus you mean . . . grin grin grin
Last time I checked ancient israel wasn't in Europe. . .not unless No2Atheism moved it over there.

Jesus was a White jew, a far cry from the Black Obama-looking Jesus you worship.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by No2Atheism(m): 1:02pm On Nov 28, 2009
Tudór:

Jesus was a White jew, a far cry from the Black Obama-looking Jesus you worship.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tudor the atheist that secretly supports a White Jesus . . . u never fail to disappoint me . . .All yee people should bow down to Tudor's White Jew [/b]with a [b]Wooly hair and feet of Brass . . . WTF!!!. . . . White Jew [/b]with a [b]Wooly hair and feet of Brass how the heck does that compute . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HYPOTHETICAL CONVERSATION BETWEEN TUDOR AND A NAIVE PERSON
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Party: Wait a minute Tudor, how the heck does a white jew have Wooly Hair [/b]and [b]Feet of Brass . . .

Tudor
: STFU! you slowpoke . . .you are supposed to believe what I tell you and are not supposed to use your own brain . . .what I say is final you idiot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me not derail this thread . . . Tudor please contribute to the thread and . . . . lets not derail the thread . . . .with the "White Tanned Jesus" thingy
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Tudor6(f): 1:24pm On Nov 28, 2009
^^
shut it will ya. . .
Jesus was NEVER said to have wooly hair or black feet. . .you take symbolisms in the bible and twist them to concur with your ganja induced notions.

FYI, there are negros with blond or silky hair, arabs with wooly hair e.t.c. . . No physical feature is exclusive to one race!

Jesus was NEVER negro i.e black. . . Only a crack addict would allude to such.
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2009
@no2atheism

Why don't you name some of the historical books youn are looking for then maybe we might know what you are talking.

You are looking for more books at the same time you have gone ahead to remove 7 books from the bible .

Why don't you protestants first go and replace the 7 books you removed in 1885 before looking for more books

correction please, catholicITY is not Christianity. So therefore exposure of catholic secrets will bring an[b] end [/b] to or damage the catholic group
not Christianity. Actual the reverse is the case. it will boost Christianity[quote][/quote]

This has been the prayers of protestants over the years but every passing day the catholic church keeps growing strenghth to strength,

The early protestant denominations like lutheranism and calvinism are gradually fading away ,lutherans and calvinists that were almost equal in number to the catholics in the sixteeenth century are not even up to 50% of cathlics today.

over the centuries it always been catholics against one chriustian sect or the other and the catholics keep winning.In the second century it was the cathlics against heretic groups like the martcionites,valentinians ,montanists and other gnostic sects.Between the 4th-7th century it was the catholics against the Arians,donatists.Today all these christian sects have gone into extinction

By the sixteenth century it became the catholics against protestant denominations like the lutherans ,calvinist e.t.c today these sects are gradually going into extinction

Today it is the catholics against pentecostals ,who knows which christian sect is next may be the might be called the zionists.

catholicism has always survived and will always survive
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2009
Some of the books hidden in the vatican contain some of the deep spiritual secrets that Jesus taught his disciples. A lot of those books would empower the average person if they are exposed to it. The problem is that some people would use this knowledge for good whilst a lot of people would use it for evil. But the real motive of the catholic church is to monopolize this knowledge and keep their congregation spiritually dependent on them

kunle every thing you needed for salvation is already in the 73 canonised books of the bible,evidently there are suppossed scriptures like Enoch,jubilees e.t.c that were not canonised .All these books are available online and can be easily accessed.If you are talking about the gnostic gospels I can tell you that there are not scriptures and are not in the custody of the catholic church,these heretical gospels wrecomposed by the likes of marcion,valentinus e.t.c to deceive their ignorant members .

You can look for any surving gnostic christian if you can still find one and get thier heretic books but I can assure you they will not lead you to God
Re: Why Is The Roman Catholic Church Keeping Historical Secrets . . . by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2009
historical secrets as in early manuscripts from centuries ago.

many of these things contain valuable information about societies and people back then.

I dont think the topic is about skin color or books added or subtracted from the bible.

Just plain record keeping.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why No Christian Should Commit Sucide / A Gospel of TRUTH, UNITY & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE / A Picture Of OBJ And Pa Oshoffa In The 70's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.