Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know (26305 Views)

Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / 20 Amazing Facts About Kia Cars You May Not Know / 10 Amazing Facts About Mercedes You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by AutoJoshNG: 10:20am On Jan 07, 2017
Guys ….Hope you are all good ….Don’t give me that look ,I know you all thought I was bias when I wrote an article on Mercedes Facts.Its time for the BMW lovers to feed their eyes and ego,You thought you knew a lot about this awesome automobile company ? ,let find out.Here we go.

1.In 1937, the world record for fastest motorcycle went to BMW
It could go as fast as 173.7 mph.

2.BMW made its first electric car in 1972

3.BMW, stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke
Yeah now you know its not “Be My Wife”

4.BMW started business by building aircraft engines
BMW started out not as a consumer automobile company but as a company that produced engines for World War I , due to a treaty they had to stop that ,to commence production of motorcycles , thereafter automobiles in 1928.

5.The BMW headquarters buildings are designed like a four cylinder engine
bmw headquaters

6.BMW Also Makes Mini Coopers and Rolls Royces.
It is actually the parent company of Rolls Royce Motor Cars

7.BMW was founded in 1916, so yeah its gonna clock 101 years this year !!!

8.In 1959 BMW was close to bankruptcy as a result of the Cold war,Mercedes almost owned BMW
But they failed , because of BMW relentless efforts with a counter attack,they won the hearts of all the local mechanics in their region and a private investor ,they bought back the shares.This caused rivalry between the two companies till this day.

9.BMW’s South Carolina factory produces around 1,000 vehicles a day.

10. In 1972, BMW produced the BMW Turbo, a mid-engined concept car with gull wing doors, digital dash, and a 280bhp turbo engine that propelled the car to 165mph.
Only two were ever made.

11. Their logo is actually a tribute to the flag of Bavaria its origin

Flag of Bavaria
Hope you enjoyed this guys ,any facts you know not added here .Kindly comment

Also don’t forget to share .

Written by Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/11-amazing-facts-bmw-should-know/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by ikp120(m): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2017
BMW is one car I love and hate simultaneously... The cost of maintaining a modern BMW ride no be here o... angry

16 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Whizpeter(m): 10:27am On Jan 07, 2017
German machines... cool

8 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by nurey(m): 11:12am On Jan 07, 2017
Let me not give a fuc.k here so the Benz vampires won't come and suck my blood again.

1 thing I know about BMW is their engines are "old soldier never dies" but I can't say the same for the body as the owners wreck havoc to the design (talking about the very old ones)

If any of my comment offend you, just send me a PM and I will edit/remove it, this is new year, let's start afresh.

10 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Whizpeter(m): 11:24am On Jan 07, 2017
nurey:
Let me not give a fuc.k here so the Benz vampires won't come and suck my blood again.

1 thing I know about BMW is their engines are "old soldier never dies" but I can't say the same for the body as the owners wreck havoc to the design (talking about the very old ones)

If any of my comment offend you, just send me a PM and I will edit/remove it, this is new year, let's start afresh.

Lol... This is what I call 'treading with caution' grin

18 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
nurey:

Okay na.
Should I pm you? Hahahaha
Please give a fu.c.k . You're entitled to your opinion. smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by nurey(m): 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
PaperLace:
Okay na. Should I pm you? Hahahaha Please give a Bleep. You're entitle to your opinion. smiley
I am sure my comments don't offend you hehehe
Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by KingRex1(m): 6:58am On Jan 08, 2017
BMW 7 series embarassed kiss
Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by nepapole(m): 7:00am On Jan 08, 2017
#team Japanese.. If money plenty, I fit dey reason Benz, bmw...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by oluwafemi113(m): 7:00am On Jan 08, 2017
I love BMW

4 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Generalkorex(m): 7:01am On Jan 08, 2017
All i want is a new mercezedes
Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by powerfulsettingz: 7:01am On Jan 08, 2017
Cool enough

Meanwhile

Pls I need a job urgentlyAm a female just finished my ND in accounting last year really need where to do my IT or any job that can be done by female, I stay Ketu in lagos.Pls I need only serious response, and don't think of anything else if u r helping, mayb God reward anybody that find me onepls anyone with any help should contact me tru this number 0813 758 1810 thanks
Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Kizyte(m): 7:02am On Jan 08, 2017
Nice info
Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by azpekuliar: 7:03am On Jan 08, 2017
The Ultimate machine. Anytime anyday I'll take a 2011 BMW over a 2016 Japsmobile and a 2006 BMW over a 2016 Koreanmobile.

5 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by olaolulazio(m): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2017
We have just 3types of car.

(1)Benz
(2) BMW
(3) other cars or the rest.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 08, 2017
KingRex1:
BMW 7 series embarassed kiss

Rexy dear cheesy, where've u been all these while.
Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 08, 2017
BMW was the first automobile manufacturer to introduce computerized Cars grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by adebayo201: 7:07am On Jan 08, 2017
Ebayray:

Rexy dear cheesy, where've u been all these while.
Be My Wife
pls!!! undecided
Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by tsmat(m): 7:10am On Jan 08, 2017
nice info....... its lovely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2017
cheesy

I don't know so much about cars.

But I prefer Benz!

Meanwhile, is the car Toyota or Honda?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by BestySam(m): 7:23am On Jan 08, 2017
#TeamAudi

1 Like

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by raphy(m): 7:23am On Jan 08, 2017
powerfulsettingz:
Cool enough

Meanwhile

Pls I need a job urgentlyAm a female just finished my ND in accounting last year really need where to do my IT or any job that can be done by female, I stay Ketu in lagos.Pls I need only serious response, and don't think of anything else if u r helping, mayb God reward anybody that

find me onepls anyone with any help
should contact me tru this number 0813
758 1810 thanks
Goodmorning And happy new year.
Put this your post on jobs section not in cars ok. God will provide a good job ij amen.just believe many hv gotten through NL .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by powerfulsettingz: 7:25am On Jan 08, 2017
raphy:

Goodmorning And happy new year.
Put this your post on jobs section not in cars ok. God will provide a good job ij amen.just believe many hv gotten through NL .
Aiit thanks
Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by raphy(m): 7:26am On Jan 08, 2017
BMW means Bavarian motor works .
You don't even knw wht it means in english .you know not everybody can speak german like me.I love the car so much.so happy Sunday to y'all

4 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 08, 2017
olaolulazio:

(1)Benz
(2) BMW
(3) other cars or the rest.

Enough of this Benz and the others, BMW and the others, Toyota and the others. It's bullsh*t!

I'm a Mercedes-Benz enthusiast. And even I know that there are other cars trying to meet up.

Rolls Royce is better than BMW.
I'd pick a Maserati GranTurismo over a Bimmer.
Lamborghini? Ferrari? Bentley?

I love Benz. But I'm not too narrowminded to see that there are some qualities in the Rolls Royce I prefer to the Benz.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by raphy(m): 7:29am On Jan 08, 2017
powerfulsettingz:

Aiit thanks
And you are welcom deary I hope you will gi to church today?
Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by HDee(m): 7:35am On Jan 08, 2017

Best of the Beast!!

1 Like

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by MrHighSea: 7:37am On Jan 08, 2017
raphy:
BMW means Bavarian motor works .
You don't even knw wht it means in english .you know not everybody can speak german like me.I love the car so much.so happy Sunday to y'all
Guten Mörgen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by uboma(m): 7:39am On Jan 08, 2017
olaolulazio:
(1)Benz (2) BMW (3) other cars or the rest.

Nah, it is actually like this,
1) BMW 2) others follow.

1 Like

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 08, 2017
MsDelilah:

Enough of this Benz and the others, BMW and the others, Toyota and the others. It's bullsh*t!

I'm a Mercedes-Benz enthusiast. And even I know that there are other cars trying to meet up.

I love Benz. But I'm not too narrowminded to see that there are some qualities in the Rolls Royce I prefer to the Benz.
Miss Benz
Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by aguiyi2: 7:41am On Jan 08, 2017
MsDelilah:

. The OP just stated that Rolls royce is owned by BMW company.How can a brand be better than its maker?.

5 Likes

Re: 11 Amazing Facts About BMW You Should Know by Cirphrank(m): 7:42am On Jan 08, 2017
Cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways People Kill Their Cars / 5 Different Driver's Licences We Have Used In Nigeria (photos) / My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.