Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

PROOF There Is No Such Thing As An AGNOSTIC ATHEIST - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PROOF There Is No Such Thing As An AGNOSTIC ATHEIST (717 Views)

Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? / My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PROOF There Is No Such Thing As An AGNOSTIC ATHEIST by Blogthug(m): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
sup intellectuals, I'm Bob, I observed that whenever I come on NL religion section I see a lot of miss informed freethinkers labelling themselves Agnostic atheists after reading some New atheists Propaganda memes suggesting agnosticism and atheism are not mutually exclusive, but being a free thinker means u are suppose to question everything (even your new beliefs) right and seek for the truth right? now let's do some truth seeking shall we?

most widely known misconception about Agnosticism by pseudo intellectuals is that is is a Knowledge claim, how true is this? let's start with the definition of Agnosticism by T H Huxley, AKA Darwin's Bulldog, the guy who coined the word.

Agnosticism is of the essence of science, it simply means a person shall not say he KNOWS or BELIEVES that which he has no scientific grounds for professing to know or believe - T H Huxley. (see below post for Huxley's work on Agnosticism)

from this definition, if you are intelligent, you will understand that Huxley's agnosticism is not just about Knowledge but beliefs as well, so where do y'all get your information from? Dawkins? Sam Harris? random memes? well u just saw the definition from the guy who coined the word agnosticism himself, if you are honest then you should think about this.

now let's say we agree to the claim that Agnostics refers to knowledge claim, it's still an entirely illogical and contradictory construction. if agnostic should mean "Does not know" then to make a judgment when asked if God exists is illogical, as we can see, the statement " I do not know if it's raining but I believe its not raining is absurd but dont forget many pseudo intellectuals claim agnostic atheist means " one does not know if there is a God but believe there is no God" so my question is if you don't know, why do u believe there isn't? why don't u just say " I don't know" ? remember, saying u don't believe still means u get Burden of proof like the Theists that says he believes in God/gods. just thought I should share this so one free thinker can become less ignorant.

My nxt post will be about BURDEN OF PROOF any why it falls on both one claiming the Existence of God and the One claiming Non Existence. I'm a Deist by the way (Believe in Intelligent first cause God, rejects revealed religion and it's claims on the grounds of reasoning) , also the founder of Nigerian Union of Deists whatsapp group 07034362071 if any of u is interested , just add up.

link to TH Huxley's work: https:///lK3QRfLjNJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PROOF There Is No Such Thing As An AGNOSTIC ATHEIST by Richirich713: 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
I also don't get why atheists try to redefined the term "atheist" to mean something it doesn't, they should just stick to the standard definition of atheism - the belief that there is no God instead of calling themselves agnostic.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PROOF There Is No Such Thing As An AGNOSTIC ATHEIST by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
I'm atheistic agnostic
Re: PROOF There Is No Such Thing As An AGNOSTIC ATHEIST by felixomor: 4:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
Richirich713:
I also don't get why atheists try to redefined the term "atheist" to mean something it doesn't, they should just stick to the standard definition of atheism - the belief that there is no God instead of calling themselves agnostic.

They have seen the foolishness there in.
As a result, they seek a beautiful escape by proclaiming "Agnostic"
Not knowing "Agnosia" means "No knowledge" in greek.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Caught Sneaking Leftovers To A False God At Back Door Of St. Peter’ / Ebo {sacrifice} To Get A Good Husband Or Wife / If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say My "God My God Why Have You Forsaken Me?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.