Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria (62112 Views)

Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men / Bonnington, UK Donates Tesla X Model To RCCG To Welcome Pastor Adeboye To London / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by idupaul: 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
supereagle:

Every law has a loophole, moreover, church would have taken counsel from Holy Spirit, who is the guide of the Church.

They sure found that loophole quickly
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by franugo(m): 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
Funkybabee:

sorry oo brother I don't wear my glasses before I comment that is why,pls don't u think at all ni? why all sudden without knowledge of members

why not ask ur daddy GO Obviously he must have known about d law 4 a while now to be able to hatch such a wonderful plot to circumvent it...national GO, international GO...gosh, are u guys nt d least bit tired of being gullible? Where have u heard dt one church has two GOsit's ludicrous i tell u
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by princetom1(m): 9:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
Siscooh:
By their fruits we go Dani noor. Keep trashing and claiming peace.

My people suffer for lack of knowledge. No wonder, the truth does set free. U better believe the truth or remain a slave forever
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by Timijo(m): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
kennygee:

They are only obeying the law of the land bro.
The law of the land sponsored by the selfish leaders of the church in authority.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by TheUmbra: 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

He is not Retired. He remains the GO(internationally)

But the new law simply stated Nigeria Pastors can't lead their Church for more than 20 years.

Which means National Overseer term limit is 20years.

And the government will recognize the National Overseer as the head of the Church in Nigeria.

I honestly see this as state interference in religious leadership structure which should be out of their control. Religious organisations ought to have the freedom to run their administration as they see fit without any interference from the state.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by OBAGADAFFI: 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
TheUmbra:

I honestly see this as state interference in religious leadership structure which should be out of their control. Religious organisations ought to have the freedom to run their administration as they see fit without any interference from the state.

Yes it's a serious interference.

It's like telling the POPE to step down after 20 years.

That decision should come from the Church and not the government.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by neighbourhud: 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2017
freda506:

Seeing that the law also affects muslims/mosques, i wonder why Buhari didn't "protect" them, either.

What are you saying... This is just in the papers but in reality, it is meant for churches alone. Now tell me, the Sultan is the 'head' of all Muslims in Nigeria and with such right, he declares when any Islamic festival should hold etc. Does it mean he has that right only for 20yrs even if he is still alive and occupies that throne?
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by neighbourhud: 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Abi o. Will they tell the Sultan to step down after 20yrs since by that throne he is the head of Muslims in Nigeria?
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by TheUmbra: 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Agreed!
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by forgiveness: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
kahal29:

https://www.thecable.ng/adeboye-i-remain-the-worldwide-general-overseer-of-rccg

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/817768286045831168

After Buhari's tenure, this law shall be thrown into thrash. Rubbish!

Tenure of 20 years in the house of God! So, Moses and other prophets should have retired after 20 years eventhough God never accomplished his will through them?

This seems to be antichrist policy. Buhari must go.

He is not fit to rule a secular state else he will become the last president. Enough!
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by forgiveness: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
neighbourhud:

What are you saying... This is just in the papers but in reality, it is meant for churches alone. Now tell me, the Sultan is the 'head' of all Muslims in Nigeria and with such right, he declares when any Islamic festival should hold etc. Does it mean he has that right only for 20yrs even if he is still alive and occupies that throne?

It means Sultan must give up the position of the 'head' of Muslims in the North.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by nijanigga: 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
so daddy G.o Will still be in charge of hard currencies; USD, pounds etc, while the new g.o will be in charge of free falling naira.
chai! dearis god oh.

Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by buchibrand(m): 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
Now let me address this ignorance and some misleading comment here.

Its unfortunate that even Christians are ignorant of the word of God and heaven's standard(not surprised though).
1. Pastor E.A. Adeboye has not resigned as the spiritual leader (GO) of RCCG
2. He only obeyed the law of the land which the bible encourages him to do.
3. A SPIRITUAL LEADER MUST NOT and SHOULD NOT RESIGN, there was no precedents to back that up in the bible. Moses, Eli, Samuel, Elijah, Elisha, Peter, John, Paul they all preached the gospel till they died. The only difference with true spiritual leaders is that God tells them when their journey is up, so they hand over before they go (Eg. Elijah to Elisha). Joshua was the only spiritual leader who went to rest (resign) and at the end, God showed him so many land (Souls) left to be conquered (won to God).

4. Daddy Adeboye is yet to hand over, just wait for him to die without putting his house and church in order before you conclude that he's not a true Son of God. So that should he end his journey gloriously, handing over to that "man in the beer parlour" he spoke of, and who will do greater things for God and mankind than he has done, you will not be like those jews who regretted their deeds (comments, actions, utterances) when Jesus was glorified on the cross.

Let God Judge his called, but if you think ministry work is easy and enriching, please go start yours. And if you think paying of tithes and offering is bad, stop giving or stop going to church. Chose today to either be a heavenly minded, bible reading, understanding and practising Christian or join other faith.

Jesus is TRUTH and only the TRUTH can make you FREE.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by neighbourhud: 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
forgiveness:

It means Sultan must give up the position of the 'head' of Muslims in the North.

But it is that throne that makes him the head of all Muslims...
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by gemale(m): 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

What's your business with those men.

Are you saying they don't have the right to run their businesses.

You probably haven't registered any business with CAC so you don't know the implications.
Nw u hv come clean... Church is " their business" no more God's work. Yet dey dnt pay tax. Meanwhile dey demand & extort a 10th of D earnings of their followers, twisting scripture 2 deceive d gullible. D only method of regulation is d G.O's state of mind. Dey can't be criticized, confronted or held 2 account because of their anointing dt. We hv 2 keep mum & leave him 2 God while we r free 2 do wt we wnt 2 anoda man who does d same simply because he isn't 'anointed'. 2 differ wt "daddy G. O" is 2 question God thereby inviting His wrath.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by forgiveness: 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2017
neighbourhud:

My thought too but do you think that will be possible knowing full well how the north operate? We wait and see as the drama unfolds

If Buhari wants to make a law for Nigerians then no body or bagger should be exempted including SULTAN of the North.

I think this Buhari thinks he is smart ba or he thinks the army is on his side.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by Saint83(m): 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
lalaberry:
church is now a family business passed on to generations.
Jesus abeg do quick & come sad

Will you go to heaven if Jesus Christ come ? Just asking oo...hehehe
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by minark: 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
So it has gotten to dis point where a group of hypocrite,men of deprave mind decide how long a priest can serve God no offence wit P.Adeboye jus amaze by da ANTI-CHRIST who made da law sometime i feel dis CAN is more of a ponzy shceme dan mmm realy da end is here
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by neighbourhud: 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
forgiveness:

If Buhari wants to make a law for Nigerians then no body or bagger should be exempted including SULTAN of the North.

I think this Buhari thinks he is smart ba or he thinks the army is on his side.

Abi o
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by forgiveness: 11:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
neighbourhud:

But it is that throne that makes him the head of all Muslims...

He is never the head of the Muslims in the South. Never.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by forgiveness: 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2017
buchibrand:
Now let me address this ignorance and some misleading comment here.

Its unfortunate that even Christians are ignorant of the word of God and heaven's standard(not surprised though).
1. Pastor E.A. Adeboye has not resigned as the spiritual leader (GO) of RCCG
2. He only obeyed the law of the land which the bible encourages him to do.
3. A SPIRITUAL LEADER MUST NOT and SHOULD NOT RESIGN, there was no precedents to back that up in the bible. Moses, Eli, Samuel, Elijah, Elisha, Peter, John, Paul they all preached the gospel till they died. The only difference with true spiritual leaders is that God tells them when their journey is up, so they hand over before they go (Eg. Elijah to Elisha). Joshua was the only spiritual leader who went to rest (resign) and at the end, God showed him so many land (Souls) left to be conquered (won to God).

4. Daddy Adeboye is yet to hand over, just wait for him to die without putting his house and church in order before you conclude that he's not a true Son of God. So that should he end his journey gloriously, handing over to that "man in the beer parlour" he spoke of, and who will do greater things for God and mankind than he has done, you will not be like those jews who regretted their deeds (comments, actions, utterances) when Jesus was glorified on the cross.

Let God Judge his called, but if you think ministry work is easy and enriching, please go start yours. And if you think paying of tithes and offering is bad, stop giving or stop going to church. Chose today to either be a heavenly minded, bible reading, understanding and practising Christian or join other faith.

Jesus is TRUTH and only the TRUTH can make you FREE.

So, if the laws of the land says Imam must be the head of the Church, it is the will of God?
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by Siscooh: 12:43am On Jan 08, 2017
princetom1:

My people suffer for lack of knowledge. No wonder, the truth does set free. U better believe the truth or remain a slave forever
What truth, that I am cautioning a scoffer to tread with care on Kingdom issues. OK I hear you. Thanks
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by princetom1(m): 12:45am On Jan 08, 2017
Siscooh:
What truth, that I am cautioning a scoffer to tread with care on Kingdom issues. OK I hear you. Thanks

Kingdom truth my food, u are too blind to see. I drop my pen. May God open ur eyes
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 08, 2017
The people are not men of GOD , they are business men.

In God's temple they will be referred to as THIEVES and ROBBERS.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by Eldee54321(m): 2:22am On Jan 08, 2017
Kobicove:
In effect he's still in charge...he still has control over the church offering grin
SMH
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by Nobody: 3:53am On Jan 08, 2017
gemale:

Nw u hv come clean... Church is " their business" no more God's work. Yet dey dnt pay tax. Meanwhile dey demand & extort a 10th of D earnings of their followers, twisting scripture 2 deceive d gullible. D only method of regulation is d G.O's state of mind. Dey can't be criticized, confronted or held 2 account because of their anointing dt. We hv 2 keep mum & leave him 2 God while we r free 2 do wt we wnt 2 anoda man who does d same simply because he isn't 'anointed'. 2 differ wt "daddy G. O" is 2 question God thereby inviting His wrath.

Na waa for this your shorthand ooooo!!!
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by Nobody: 4:26am On Jan 08, 2017
I Ve always said that we don't have churches in nigeria but businesses. no pastors but ceos, who call themselves GO's. RCCG Plc, will soon start selling shares on NSE. They just finished their AGM last december.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by TRIED4NOW: 6:21am On Jan 08, 2017
Adeboye simply wants to chop foreign currency.
nothing else.

This video proves it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by neighbourhud: 6:25am On Jan 08, 2017
forgiveness:

He is never the head of the Muslims in the South. Never.

Ok
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by adetayo234: 7:40am On Jan 08, 2017
infohenry:
So he was not directed by the holy spirit, serious businessmen.

you are deeply deficient in knowledge of the scriptures. it is only the leading of the Holy Spirit that will make a pastor obey the rules and of the government
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 08, 2017
TheUmbra:

Not when they earn untaxed revenue from the public. There are corporate governance codes imposed by governments around the world on registered nonprofit organizations. Look up rules issued by the Charity commission in the UK or the internal revenue service in the US.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Fights Pastor Who Tried To Lay His Hands On Her At A Church Event (Video) / Prophet TL Kelvin In Sex Scandal, Sleeps With Married Woman / Bull Baal Worship: Should Christians Withdraw From Future Commonwealth Games?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.