Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria (61952 Views)

Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men / Bonnington, UK Donates Tesla X Model To RCCG To Welcome Pastor Adeboye To London / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by infohenry(m): 9:49am On Jan 08, 2017
adetayo234:

you are deeply deficient in knowledge of the scriptures. it is only the leading of the Holy Spirit that will make a pastor obey the rules and of the government
Swerve abeg, what is this you just said, so pastors are above the laws of the land.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by freda506(f): 10:01am On Jan 08, 2017
neighbourhud:

What are you saying... This is just in the papers but in reality, it is meant for churches alone. Now tell me, the Sultan is the 'head' of all Muslims in Nigeria and with such right, he declares when any Islamic festival should hold etc. Does it mean he has that right only for 20yrs even if he is still alive and occupies that throne?
What is the name of the religious organization the Sultan heads? You won't know because it doesn't exist. Same with the Ooni of Ife, who is considered the spiritual head of traditional worshippers in Yorubaland. It doesn't make him a priest; rather it makes him a pillar of support.

However painful it might be for some, religious organizations, or non-profit as they claim to be, deserve regulation from the government. That's how things are done to ensure the "profits" aren't mismanaged.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by Olumaeme: 10:44am On Jan 08, 2017
I taught as much, habaaa.

An average black man will never leave a juicy position just like that Na, except he is forced, not to talk of Nigeria.

I have said it that most of the GOs I'm churches are just like Dangote who controls everything and will always be there.

Babalawo pastors
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by crown777(m): 10:57am On Jan 08, 2017
Enoch Adejare Adeboye, a pastor and general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), only relinquished his position as head of the Nigeria church but will remain RCCG’s worldwide overseer, the church has clarified.[b]

My own opinion;

Hmmm Papa Adeboye just created unending problem;

Reasons below;

1. He just divided RCCG.
2. Who is going to head RCCG International when he passed on ( his son or wife)?

In the nutshell the founder of RCCG owns RCCG Nigeria and Papa Adeboye owns RCCG International. Two captain can not run a single ship. There would be conflict of interest and the RCCG Nigeria GO is relegated to management of Nigeria RCCG alone.

How do they intended to manage the Congress with 2 GO's local and international?

With time are we going to have RCCG USA GO and other countries too?

I think RCCG seized to be a church now a multi national company.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by adetayo234: 12:19am On Jan 09, 2017
infohenry:
Swerve abeg, what is this you just said, so pastors are above the laws of the land.

check your initial comment and mine and you will see that response indicate loss of mental traction.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by buchibrand(m): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
forgiveness:

So, if the laws of the land says Imam must be the head of the Church, it is the will of God?
(you just quoted me wrongly and I don't know why. I said God instructed us to obey the laws of the land, I have not said all laws of the land are God's will)
It hasn't gotten to that, till it gets to that point. The new testament Christians/church don't fight any physical battle with either government or people; our weapon of warfare are Prayer, Shout (brought the wall of Jericho down), and Decree (Elijah's formula). You can't fight the government physically but we CAN with the sword of the spirit (Remember: "it is written"wink.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by neighbourhud: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
freda506:
What is the name of the religious organization the Sultan heads? You won't know because it doesn't exist. Same with the Ooni of Ife, who is considered the spiritual head of traditional worshippers in Yorubaland. It doesn't make him a priest; rather it makes him a pillar of support.

However painful it might be for some, religious organizations, or non-profit as they claim to be, deserve regulation from the government. That's how things are done to ensure the "profits" aren't mismanaged.

He is the president of the supreme council for Islamic affairs and he holds that post as long as he is the Sultan. That is a religious affair which by nature is a non profit office, diffrent from a traditional office. He sits in that position of the president of Islamic affairs whenever their is religious dialogue or ecumenism.... Don't forget that this also comes with stipend and other benefits which is tagged as non profit.

I understand your point of view, some religious leaders are indeed a disgrace but I think this law needs to be properly looked into.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
franugo:

u people will not read d op b4 spouting hullabullo up n down. Did fg tell him to appoing obayemi as d overseer? What fg said is dt 20years is d limit 4 a general overseer in nigeria...how is dt so hard to comprehend?
I understood what I read perfectly, Sir. But I think you need eye glasses to see the part of the code that states "they can't handover to family members". So, whoever they decide to handover to whether family of GO/Imam or member shouldnt be any business of FG. Please read well next time before you quote blindly.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by ademijuwonlo(f): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
franugo:

i don't blame u, i blame state govts n fg...they are there lamenting on d paucity of funds when they can easily tax churches n be getting billions of naira yearly...no i don't blame u people. So fg should ignore a chunk of her citizens n let them do whatever they want because of religion abi
No one is stopping the FG from taxing them.
Re: Corporate Governance Code Forced Adeboye To Appoint Obayemi GO Of RCCG Nigeria by franugo(m): 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2017
ademijuwonlo:
I understood what I read perfectly, Sir. But I think you need eye glasses to see the part of the code that states "they can't handover to family members". So, whoever they decide to handover to whether family of GO/Imam or member shouldnt be any business of FG. Please read well next time before you quote blindly.

okay...i guess u guys are okay with the churches becoming family businesses...okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? / Pastor Shows Up In A Church With A Gun (Video) / Stop These Sexual Acts In 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.