Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? (8891 Views)

Lady Faints After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her On Her Birthday / Lady Twerks After Her Man Proposed To Her & She Accepted. Photos / Guys, Is This Too Much Thighs On A Woman Or You Men Like This? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by lilmax(m): 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:
I ask because I have already asked my boyfriend to marry me. He said yes. To me it WAS the right thing to do. Just wanted a man's opinion that's all
because your boyfriend no be man ni?

okay you proposed, what's next.......who's housing who?
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
It only works if the woman or her family will be paying for the wedding. If it's the man's responsibility to pay for the wedding then it's his right to decide on when to propose marriage. It works for white people because it's the father of the bride that pays for the wedding.
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by ikp120(m): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:

I think it takes courage for a woman to do it

It takes more than courage... It takes a large heart and the highest risk taking capacity a woman can ever have.
That's why most ladies would rather die than do that.

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 8:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
lilmax:
because your boyfriend no be man ni?

okay you proposed, what's next.......who's housing who?

What next? We get married and live together. And yes my boyfriend is most definitely a man
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by Bluezy13(m): 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:
I ask because I have already asked my boyfriend to marry me. He said yes. To me it WAS the right thing to do. Just wanted a man's opinion that's all

You asked him like "will you marry me??" in form of a condition for expressing his love in the middle of your conversation...as normal boyfriend girlfriend thing.

Or did you kneel...even without kneeling...with a ring and asked him "will you marry me??"

If the former, it is normal for any guy to say yes...even me...after all, it's just a promise.
If the latter...I doubt he actually said yes if you actually did it.

So, which one happened??
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by lilmax(m): 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:

What next? We get married and live together. And yes my boyfriend is most definitely a man
proposal: I want you to marry(get ready to take responsibility) me..... I ask again are you the one housing him? there goes your answer
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2017
AngelSweetLips:
It only works if the woman or her family will be paying for the wedding. If it's the man's responsibility to pay for the wedding then it's his right to decide on when to propose marriage. It works for white people because it's the father of the bride that pays for the wedding.

Yes it is tradition for the father of the bride to pay for the wedding. But in my situation, I will be paying for it all myself. I have chosen to get married so I wouldn't expect my parents to fund it smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by ikp120(m): 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2017
AngelSweetLips:

But proposal today doesn't necessarily mean they would get married this year or in the next two years... I think marriage proposal simply means, "I want to marry you!"... Then whenever they are able to tie the knot, they will do it.

After marriage proposal is accepted, the both would go back to their normal lives knowing that they have agreed to marry each other. cool

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
Bluezy13:

You asked him like "will you marry me??" in form of a condition for expressing his love in the middle of your conversation...as normal boyfriend girlfriend thing.

Or did you kneel...even without kneeling...with a ring and asked him "will you marry me??"

If the former, it is normal for any guy to say yes...even me...after all, it's just a promise.
If the latter...I doubt he actually said yes if you actually did it.

So, which one happened??

Seeing as we are apart right now it was in conversation. And yes I did buy him a ring
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by krauss: 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:
Girl, that's very nice. Sampling all the opinions here, you might be discouraged but believe me, there are men who would really appreciate that. I for one do not consider some of these conventions people adhere to even though it doesn't sound logical enough.

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 9:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
krauss:

Girl, that's very nice. Sampling all the opinions here, you might be discouraged but believe me, there are men who would really appreciate that. I for one do not consider some of these conventions people adhere to even though it doesn't sound logical enough.

Thank you. It wasn't a decision I took lightly. But it was the best decision. I'm not a very traditional woman. I like to bend the rules a bit lol
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by krauss: 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
There's this girl I wish to get closer to and of course I'm working on it. Believe me, if she opens her mouth to ask my hand in marriage, I wouldn't blink an eye before accepting it. My rigid opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
krauss:
There's this girl I wish to get closer to and of course I'm working on it. Believe me, if she opens her mouth to ask my hand in marriage, I wouldn't blink an eye before accepting it. My rigid opinion though.

Awwwww that's real nice. Hope she does ask you. That'd be soooooooo amazing
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by Bluezy13(m): 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:

Seeing as we are apart right now it was in conversation. And yes I did buy him a ring

That's seemingly genuine, although I would prefer you had asked if he was ready for marriage first before popping the big question to avoid him saying "After all...I didn't, you did..."
And I guess you are more financially bouyant than he is.
I'm looking at it from the African mind tho.

I wish you lifelong happiness

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:

Yes it is tradition for the father of the bride to pay for the wedding. But in my situation, I will be paying for it all myself. I have chosen to get married so I wouldn't expect my parents to fund it smiley

In your case I think it is allowed because you are the one taking responsibility. I noticed you're white from your dp and I might assume he is white and in that case you're culture would be different to mine.

I wouldn't propose to a man because I feel that black men from my experience would play up because I proposed.

It's my understanding that men in general are hunters and for them the thrill is in the chase, capture and mounting on the wall and watching their acomplishment.

They will guard it with their life. But if the deer shot itself, mounted itself on the roof of his car or laid down outside his door after knocking the door then he won't take much pride in it and he certainly won't mount it on his wall and show it off to everyone who enters his house.

#metaphor

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by ikp120(m): 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
krauss:

You think say na only you go accept am without blinking an eye? undecided Me go kill cow that day and buy her a diamond ring the next day... Then ask her to take me to her mama the day after the next day grin grin grin

Wetin else I go do the day after the day after the next day? undecided Okay, I go hit studio the day after the day after the next day and record a crazy love song and dedicate it to her. grin grin grin
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 9:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
AngelSweetLips:

In your case I think it is allowed because you are the one taking responsibility. I noticed you're white from your dp and I might assume he is white and in that case you're culture would be different to mine.

I wouldn't propose to a man because I feel that black men from my experience would play up because I proposed.

It's my understanding that men in general are hunters and for them the thrill is in the chase, capture and mounting on the wall and watching their acomplishment.

They will guard it with their life. But if the deer shot itself, mounted itself on the roof of his car or laid down outside his door after knocking the door then he won't take much pride in it and he certainly won't mount it on his wall and show it off to everyone who enters his house.

#metaphor

I love your wording. And yeah I totally understand that. But in answer to your query, no he's not white, he's African. But I sincerely hope he would be proud of me for asking such a question as to me it shows my true feelings for him. And one where I know that he couldn't ask me as he is not financially stable. But would have asked if he was

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
Bluezy13:

That's seemingly genuine, although I would prefer you had asked if he was ready for marriage first before popping the big question to avoid him saying "After all...I didn't, you did..."
And I guess you are more financially bouyant than he is.
I'm looking at it from the African mind tho.

I wish you lifelong happiness

Thank you. We had discussed marriage before I properly asked him lol. I wouldn't have just sprung it on him out of the blue
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by firstking01(m): 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
Emac34:
I'm open minded
Filling where supposed to be expressed not staying and dying emotionally
Feelings.
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by Bluezy13(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:

Thank you. We had discussed marriage before I properly asked him lol. I wouldn't have just sprung it on him out of the blue

Now that's more defined.
I just wanted to know how you came about it.
It is a good thing.
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by ikp120(m): 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
AngelSweetLips:

#metaphor

Not all guys love that silly chase of a thing. I for one wouldn't dare disregard a lady who could take that bold step... I go break bank for her and break all my rules for her... I'll give her my ATM card (of course money no dey inside grin grin).

You see, I'm different from the rest cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2017
Bluezy13:

Now that's more defined.
I just wanted to know how you came about.
It is a good thing.

Well basically we have a child together so I want us to be a married family. Kind of cement our relationship. Why want to live the rest of your life with someone and not marry them? That's my view though
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:

I love your wording. And yeah I totally understand that. But in answer to your query, no he's not white, he's African. But I sincerely hope he would be proud of me for asking such a question as to me it shows my true feelings for him. And one where I know that he couldn't ask me as he is not financially stable. But would have asked if he was

I really pray for you sis...

Us women are evil when we have power over a man... we tend to throw it in their face that we are the bread winner and that we did this and that and that he is not a real man... Please with power comes great responsibility so be very careful.

Another thing is this reversal of roles especially when an African man is concerned is really dangerous because men operate on logic without emotions and you are putting yourself in a very vulnerable position.

If you take on the role of providing, asking and doing your own marriage rights, bringing the home and I have a feeling that because he is here in Africa then he will be joining you instead of you joining him... it's a really big risk...
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
ikp120:

Not all guys love that silly chase of a thing. I for one wouldn't dare disregard a lady who could take that bold step... I go break bank for her and break all my rules for her... I'll give her my ATM card (of course money no dey inside grin grin).

You see, I'm different from the rest cheesy cheesy

This is another problem. The woman will enable him to be lazy and because she took the chase out of the game then she can't try and change him to be responsible after the fact.

Atm card grin grin grin you crack me up!
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by ikp120(m): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:

Please shine your eyes o shocked shocked... Yahoo boys full naija o... one out of every 5 Naija university or polytechnic school boy is a yahoo boy... I hope you are not a maga sha. grin grin grin
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
AngelSweetLips:

I really pray for you sis...

Us women are evil when we have power over a man... we tend to throw it in their face that we are the bread winner and that we did this and that and that he is not a real man... Please with power comes great responsibility so be very careful.

Another thing is this reversal of roles especially when an African man is concerned is really dangerous because men operate on logic without emotions and you are putting yourself in a very vulnerable position.

If you take on the role of providing, asking and doing your own marriage rights, bringing the home and I have a feeling that because he is here in Africa then he will be joining you instead of you joining him... it's a really big risk...

OK thank you. We have a child together so to me it would be the right thing to do. Maybe it is a big risk. Suppose only time will tell. I value your opinion smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
ikp120:

Please shine your eyes o shocked shocked... Yahoo boys full naija o... one out of every 5 Naija university or polytechnic school boy is a yahoo boy... I hope you are not a maga sha. grin grin grin

I really don't understand what you just said. What's a Yahoo boy? And what's a maga sha?
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:

OK thank you. We have a child together so to me it would be the right thing to do. Maybe it is a big risk. Suppose only time will tell. I value your opinion smiley

You're very welcome. Best of luck. smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by EmilieJones(f): 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
AngelSweetLips:

You're very welcome. Best of luck. smiley

Thank you x
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by Bluezy13(m): 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:

Well basically we have a child together so I want us to be a married family. Kind of cement our relationship. Why want to live the rest of your life with someone and not marry them? That's my view though

That's actually the antecedent of the whole thing. I'm glad to know more now.
Initially, It was weird seeing your premise about proposing to a man...just like that.

It is very principled and wise of you to decided to take the bull by the horn.

As per myself, although I'm young...or so I think...the thought of marriage scares me...like going to jail.
Anyways, how is he doing

1 Like

Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by ikp120(m): 9:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
AngelSweetLips:

This is another problem. The woman will enable him to be lazy and because she took the chase out of the game then she can't try and change him to be responsible after the fact.

Atm card grin grin grin you crack me up!

Lolzzz grin grin grin

I am not lazy joor... I work really hard grin grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Men Like To Be Proposed To? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
EmilieJones:

Thank you x

Do you have a boy or a girl together? They must be sooo cute! I love mix raced children. Although I want my baby to look like me so I don't tend to mix with other races only out of choice though. #say no to racism#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Fat Boyfriend Needs To Lose Weight ASAP, or else. . . . / Check Out This Jim Iyke's Leaked Raw Video (18+) / I Don't Pay For Sex - See What I Saw On A Guy's Profile On Badoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.