Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,650 members, 7,820,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) (26644 Views)

President Nana Akufo-Addo Sleeping At Russia-Africa Summit (Video, Photos) / President Nana Akufo-Addo's Outfit To An Event That Has Got Everyone Talking / Photos Of Nana Akufo-Addo's Wive And Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by biafran1stson(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
African leaders embarrassing Africa from Tim immemorial
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by OXYGENO1: 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
you sound dumb
gurunlocker:
Lol... that's why I am here, just came across the video. He confidently plagiarise the speech.

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by Hman92: 12:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
FuckTheMod:
Stupîd Shameless copy copy fat Fûck

Just the way bubu did. Nonsense

And why do Ghanaians dress so stupîdly?

That's our traditional atire....kente please tell me how and why its stupid
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by Cekpo34(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
AfroKnight:
Before you insult this man I want you to realize that presidents hardly compose their speeches. Even Obama, Trump and Bush have speech writers. This is probably the fault of a lazy aide.

No one writes speech for Obama! Most times, he speaks volumes with a pointer from a tiny leaflet
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by yedidiah(m): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
Even his speech on "change" was exactly like that of Buhari. undecided I just hope Ghanians don't feel the kind of change Nigerians are feeling now.
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by CountDooku(m): 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
done with swagga grin grin grin grin
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by gurunlocker: 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2017
OXYGENO1:
you sound dumb

I don't give a f.uck if they ban me, are you crazy? Did I quote you or ever wrote a vulgar word? why will you call me dumb? Didn't he say the word for word? What's mine if someone else have used it?

I guess you are a Ghanaian huh? Never quote me again and say those s.hit word to me....

1 Like

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by FuckTheMod: 1:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hman92:

That's our traditional atire....kente please tell me how and why its stupid
Ode
It looks stupîd and "unserious"
Looks "unsmart"
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by OXYGENO1: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
Exactly
Ariel20:
You'd be surprised that Bush also plagiarised a former president. The only difference between then & now is the social media

2 Likes

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by zedman1(m): 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ariel20:
You'd be surprised that Bush also plagiarised a former president. The only difference between then & now is the social media
the only difference between then and now is the social media,....wise words.

1 Like

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by modaink333: 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
African presidents and Plagiarizing........you know the pix
first buhari plagiarizing obamas speech during the flag off of the "change begins with me" campagin
and now nana akufo.........
No doubt its only done by the people hiding under the umbrella of change
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by wizsolzy(m): 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2017
So?? Make we cry? sad person no fit borrow anoda person line again Is english meant for only some set of persons. NL is becoming annoying everyday wit all dis kind of post

1 Like

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by OXYGENO1: 1:29pm On Jan 08, 2017
stupid nigerian ape.What moral right do u have to question the traditional dressing of Ghanaians?
FuckTheMod:

1 Like

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by wizsolzy(m): 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
[quote author=Hman92 post=52634462]

That's our traditional atire....kente please tell me how and why its stupid[/quote
Am not a ghananian...but abeg no answer dat mumu

1 Like

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by eruditeTJCares: 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
Chai!chai!!chai!!!...but why must we (Africans) always believe the Whites have the best of intellects? ...always trying to imitate them
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by akindavids(m): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2017
this is inevitable when u see urself behind, his aides are just lazy
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by BabaO2: 1:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
AfroKnight:
Before you insult this man I want you to realize that presidents hardly compose their speeches. Even Obama, Trump and Bush have speech writers. This is probably the fault of a lazy aide.
You are not entirely correct,,,the originator of the speech didn't read it from book, but Ado read the speech word to word.
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by Donald50: 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
African,we have so limited our capacity and sold our creative mind into slavery. That is why we are where we are today. Hardly someone among the black race to do something new.
Africans...a people whose mind is as dark as her colour!!!!
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by u3fine(m): 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
Since Nana Visited the plagiarizer-in-chief in Aso mounting, he has been infected

1 Like

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by tarboshi(m): 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
Not surprised, when you have a Nigerian in you cabinet in this era of chanji grin grin grin
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by Gebbson007(m): 2:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ion gv 1,its 2 expensive

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by oruma19: 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
Daniel058:
Walahi, African leaders na copy copy dem Sabi

Buhari replica Don Land..

Ghanaians How market? grin

Now the prophesies of Nigerian pastors has already started materializing, this is just a tip of the iceberg....

Last Bullet :: Ghanaians will once again learn how to respect Nigerians.

Chai! grin
the copy copy is not bad, the thing that irritates me about them is that they copy without pasting, if they paste what they copy africa will be like Europe. Leta learn to copy and paste, not just copying and forget the "control V" buttons. Mumu africans and their useless leaders like buhari, biya, addo, Mugabe etc

1 Like

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by Hman92: 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
FuckTheMod:

Ode
It looks stupîd and "unserious"
Looks "unsmart"

So if you don't insult .....you won't get your point across init....cheers mate
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by naptu2: 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
Cekpo34:

No one writes speech for Obama! Most times, he speaks volumes with a pointer from a tiny leaflet

naptu2:
Teleprompters and autocues: Reagan, Thatcher, Clinton, Obasanjo, Bush, Jonathan, Obama, Buhari and Tiwa Savage

President Obama reading a speech. You can see the two teleprompters in front of him.

(I've had this book since 1993, but I haven't read this quote since c2000. It's always so difficult to find it. So I'll post it here so that I can easily find it in future).

I remember the speech for another reason as well. I was full of admiration that he seemed to have delivered it without a single note.

"I congratulate you on your actor's memory", I said.

He replied, "I read the whole speech from those two perspex screens" - referring to what we had taken to be some security device. "Don't you know it? It's a British invention". And so it was that I made my first acquaintance with Autocue

Margaret Thatcher, "The Downing Street Years", Harper Collins, London (1993), p258

Mrs Thatcher was referring to President Reagan's address to both houses of Parliament at the Palace of Westminster in 1982.

Nigerians have always debated about whether politicians write their own speeches, whether they are speaking extempore or whether they are reading from a prepared speech. Personally I've always been more interested in the obvious cues, skills and errors that they make (I know that politicians do not write their speeches alone. They [of course] work with experts, such as security, economic and political experts, depending on the theme of the speech).

The first thing that's necessary when using a teleprompter, is to practice. The teleprompter needs to be calibrated to match the speed of the speaker and to set the right tone. This was the theme of a hilarious scene on the 1980s sitcom Yes Prime Minister. The prime minister was going to deliver a televised address to the nation, but Sir Humphrey and the tv producer made a mess of the preparations. Sir Humphrey said that the pace was too fast, so they slowed the autocue down until it seemed like the prime minister was talking in slow motion. Then the producer got them to speed things up, to the extent that the prime minister looked like a jack-in-the-box. His head was bobbing up and down and his lips were moving at the speed of light as he tried to keep up with the words on the screen.

Bill Clinton was masterful at using the teleprompter. You would not believe that he was reading his speeches. What makes it even more amazing is that, according to George Stephanopoulos, on some occasions they only worked on his speeches in the limo, just before getting to the venue. That means that on those occasions he didn't have much time to practice before delivering his speeches.

President Bush wasn't as good as Clinton. It was obvious to me that he was reading his speeches. The obvious give away is the movement of his head while reading his speeches. He would look towards a specific point on his right, then look straight ahead, look to a specific point on his left and then repeat the process. He only looks at these exact same three places all through his speeches. He never looks at the spaces in between. That's obviously because he is looking at the teleprompters in front of him, to his left and to his right.

President Obasanjo once tried to use a teleprompter. He looked very funny. First off, he was squinting at the teleprompter, so it was obvious that he couldn't see the words clearly. That's why practice is important. They should have adjusted the font to suit his eyesight while prepping him. Secondly, he seemed amused by the teleprompter and he had this funny smile on his face. It looked very funny.

President Jonathan also tried to use teleprompters on two occasions, but it's either they hung or they were too slow, because he abandoned them on both occasions and picked up the hard copy of the speech and read from that instead. On one occasion (I think it was during his 2010 declaration), you could clearly see his frustration with the machine. He also had to squint and lean forward to see what was written on the screen (but it wasn't as bad as Obasanjo's case. Jonathan could see what was written, he just couldn't see it clearly. Obasanjo could barely see what was written).

I thought that President Buhari would also have problems with the teleprompter (because, like Obasanjo and Jonathan, he wears glasses), but he didn't have any problem seeing what was on the teleprompter. He speaks very slowly, so he didn't have any problems with the speed of the teleprompter. His problem was more like President Bush's problem. Buhari stared directly at the teleprompter in front of him and it was obvious that he was reading the speech. His head barely moved and NTA took too long to change camera angles, so it was very obvious that he was reading from a teleprompter that was in front of him.

Entertainers also use teleprompters, especially at award shows. Most of the jokes and comments that are said on stage at the Oscars, Grammy Awards, etc are scripted. I always suspected that Tiwa Savage wears glasses and it became obvious at the MTV Africa Music Awards, when she presented an award. She had difficulty reading the words on the teleprompter and had to squint and lean forward to see them.

President Obama is also very good with the teleprompter. He cleverly avoids making President Bush's mistake by occasionally pausing in the space between the teleprompters, so that he doesn't always stare at the same place.

Despite this, Obama was the butt of vicious jokes and criticism from his opponents (in 2009) because of his use of teleprompters. There's a cartoon on Youtube that depicts Obama at the dinner table at home. His daughters kept asking him questions, but he couldn't answer because there was no teleprompter to tell him what to say. Another video depicts Obama as a robot with no brain who has to depend on teleprompters to tell him what to say.

I thought that the criticism of Obama was harsh, especially since all US presidents since Reagan have used teleprompters, but Obama's case was not helped by two incidents. On one occasion his teleprompters froze, leaving him without anything to say. Then, in the video below, one of the teleprompters came crashing down as he was speaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jiow64UjuQQ

naptu2:
Donald Trump and his teleprompter

Donald Trump's teleprompter stops working while he is speaking at a campaign rally, so he takes it apart and says that he doesn't need it.

(I wonder if there was really an issue with the teleprompter or if it was staged to provide a contrast with President Obama. Kind of like saying, "Look, Obama needs a teleprompter in order to deliver a speech, while I'm natural. I'm a regular guy, not one of those politicians". )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRTALua-MqM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by JustTruth: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
AfroKnight:

When you have like minds around you that is what you get. You can copy and it gets difficult to paste............
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by 360command: 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
FuckTheMod:

same way afonjas dress stupidly. all I am saying is, respect ones culture.
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by cyrilamx(m): 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2017
Plagiarism the new word on everyone's lip, even when 2/3 of its users can barely give it etymological explanation. Tell me who hasn't plagiarised? Students plagiarised when they lift sentences from their notes during examinations. Teachers are not left out in course of teaching as they copy word for word from text books when preparing lesson notes. Even clerics are also culprits when they quote great men to buttress their points during motivational talks. Also congregations plagiarised during prayers by quoting scriptural passages and psalms by hearts. Check devotional books and see how scriptural passages are lifted to give the books volume. There is nobody who has never plagiarised another, the difference is the degree of Plagiarism.
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by guiddoti: 7:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
How many percent?
Re: Nana Akufo-Addo Plagiarizes Bush's Speech (Video) by Omeokachie: 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
What is wrong with "change" agents?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Paul Kimani Njoroge's Househelp Turned Baby Mama Sues Him / South Korean Opposition Leader, Lee Jae-Myung Stabbed In The Neck / B-21: U.S Unveils A New Stealth Bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.