Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

When Eid Coincides With Jumu'ah - Refs Included - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / When Eid Coincides With Jumu'ah - Refs Included (983 Views)

Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / Interesting Jumu'ah Schedule for Muslim Stay-at-home Moms / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Eid Coincides With Jumu'ah - Refs Included by Remii(m): 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2009
Salaam alaekum Brothers and Sisters, Eld kabir would be considing with Jummah this Friday. The following may be a guide to any doubting members of Ummah. It states that you are allowed to leave one for the other. Please read and digest.

What to do when `Eed coincides with Friday - 1
ref: http://www.fatwa- online.com/ fataawa/worship/ fasting/fas015/ 0000106_1. htm

Question: , he gave a fatwa that the Jumu'ah and Zuhr prayer are "dropped" (not obligatory) if one attended the `Eed prayer whether it is the imaam or (any of) the congregation, ,

Response: If the `Eed coincides with Friday, then attendance to the Jumu'ah prayer for anyone who attended the `Eed prayer is "dropped" (not obligatory) except for the imaam. For certainly he is not relieved of this obligation except if the people do not gather for the Jumu'ah (prayer).

And with Allaah lies all the success, and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet Muhammad (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) and his family and his companions.

The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa, comprising -
Head: Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez ibn Abdullaah ibn Baaz;
Deputy Head: Shaykh 'Abdur-Razzaaq 'Afeefee;
Member: Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn Qu'ood
Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa.imah lil-Buhooth al-'Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa. - Volume 8, Page 179, Fatwa No.2140

What to do when `Eed coincides with Friday - 2
ref: http://www.fatwa- online.com/ fataawa/worship/ fasting/fas015/ 0000106_6. htm

Question: If any of the two `Eeds fall on a Friday (Jumu'ah), do you pray the Jumu'ah (prayer) with its khutbah on that day or not?

Response: That which is legislated for the Muslims if the `Eed coincides with Friday is to pray the `Eed prayer and the Jumu'ah prayer in the masaajid (plural of masjid) where the Jumu'ah prayer is (normally) held. And it is permissible for one who attended the `Eed prayer to leave off the Jumu'ah and instead perform the Zuhr prayer.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz
Majmoo' Fataawa Samaahatu ash-Shaykh Ibn Baaz - Volume 4, Page 504, Fatwa No. 556
Re: When Eid Coincides With Jumu'ah - Refs Included by olabowale(m): 1:52pm On Nov 23, 2009
sheikh Bin Bazz has answered it all: While Id Salah is obligatory, the daily five salawat are no less obligatory since they are the first sign of obedience that people see you observe. A prayer person must perform them even in very difficult condition.

When the Id is Friday, what you have is 2 Ids, since Friday is a minor Id, keeping the community together on a regular basis. The attendee of the Id Salah has listened to a Qutbah, the second Qutbah of the same day is optional, but not frowned upon or rejected. But in all, the Friday midday prayer maybe turned to Zuhr Jamaah, or individual Zuhr, if not attending Jumuah salah prayer, based on the earlier in the day Id prayer attendance.

In all, what you see is the sign of ease of Islam; it is never supposed to be made difficult on the body or soul, while one is never neglectful of the consistent obligation to Allah the Merciful, the Irresistable!
Re: When Eid Coincides With Jumu'ah - Refs Included by Aishabee(f): 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2009
Salam Brothers & sisters i have a pressing Q and would appreciate an explanatory answer.

i wasn't able to fast cos i have ulcer and was placed on medication, i wasn't negligent about feeding sum1 cos i plan to repay it back my self after i'm done with my drugs.

i started actually and cudn't continue cos i had started feeling the symptoms again now im thinking i should just feed sum1 as i dnt want to delay repaying the missed fast.

Do i tell the person that i want to feed my intention or i just give money at the end of the day?

Can i pay all the remaining days at once to dat person?

Just a little bit confused will appreciate sum enlightenment. grin

All the stuff im reading doesnt point out all dis clearly.
Re: When Eid Coincides With Jumu'ah - Refs Included by Remii(m): 8:40am On Nov 24, 2009
Sister Aishabee, just like bro Abuzola said, you do not have to fast consecutively, you can stagger them as convenient for you, maybe one a week or one in two weeks, we have 48 weeks from one Ramadan to the other, you should be able to finish. If your medical condition does not improve till next Ramadan, obviously you would still not able to fast. In that case you would have to feed someone during the month. If done during Ramadan, you do not need to tell the person since the person would be fasting anyway and both of you would be rewarded equally. However, if you need someone to fast for you when Ramadan is not on, unless the person fasts naturally on his own during that period you may have to let him know. May Allah guide us aright.
Re: When Eid Coincides With Jumu'ah - Refs Included by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 25, 2009
Am glad am a MUSLIM

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Islamic Year / Why I Do Hate Islam-must Watch! / 81 Ways To Win Your Wife's Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.