Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why should you criticize other religions? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why should you criticize other religions? (1160 Views)

Before You Criticize Fr. Mbaka Read This!!! / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Fun Game For Everyone! Come Laugh At Other Religions. Who Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why should you criticize other religions? by MsNorgan(f): 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2017
Dear Nlers,

I have been keenly following threads on this religion section, and to my total surprise I see lot of people calling themselves ' Atheist ' Agnostic etc..

But I cant help but ask:

Why are you guys bent on critics of other religion

Religion is very important, its,almost as old as mankind...

since you believe there is no God, or there is God but a particular religion is wrong- this or that..

As wise you claim to be, instead of perching on peoples religion to prove your wisdom,
Why not;

1. Become A God we can see (you know, seeing is believing)
2.Why not come out with your own all-wise religion?
So we can follow The omniscience You footsteps...

Note: The Jesus/Mohammed etc you criticize came, met religion, created a legacy, left religion...

And till today we follow their their footsteps...

can't them ( criticizers ) do same?

2 Likes

Re: Why should you criticize other religions? by MsNorgan(f): 4:17pm On Jan 08, 2017
I know you feel the pain seeing all these ignorance...

Yes...
But think of it.. Why cant you go around and help them??

Atleast die for them...

Few years frm now, your religion could be hundred yrs old...

you would be remembered even after death...

Just criticizing on NL would not help any one..

Not even you.

1 Like

Re: Why should you criticize other religions? by MsNorgan(f): 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
Lala, pls push these post to FP, let these guys come answer me...
Re: Why should you criticize other religions? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
You have made two comments on your own post already.
The better question should be why should we not.
Why should we not criticize something on the basis of belief especially if that belief is harmful to the society?
Why should anything be free from criticism?

You would probably criticize a religion that thinks human sacrifices are cool and if you're christian, odds are you've already criticized Islamic terrorist attacks.

No belief is beyond criticism.

Let Mr bean take it from here

Re: Why should you criticize other religions? by prittygift114: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
Perfect observation and well said . FP please

1 Like

Re: Why should you criticize other religions? by MsNorgan(f): 9:33am On Jan 09, 2017
seun: This guy got me, I want everything to make sense..

When you follow the footsteps of the old pharisees that,criticized christianity, perhaps end up like them...

They proved no point, after all their efforts?

They died and so many have been following their footsteps, ending doing nothing...

Christianity and other religions still waxing stronger?

Any my dear Seun believes he and his boys are making sense??
Re: Why should you criticize other religions? by oluwaahmed: 11:02am On Jan 10, 2017
If a white man claims 2 be an atheist, I will totally understand, but 4 a nigerian esp yoruba 2 be claimin atheist is highly unbelievable. Una no dey travel go village
Any African atheist is totally lost & is constantly deceivin himself. Even freemason bliv in a God.
Re: Why should you criticize other religions? by peacesamuel94(m): 11:14am On Jan 10, 2017
MsNorgan:
Dear Nlers,

I have been keenly following threads on this religion section, and to my total surprise I see lot of people calling themselves ' Atheist ' Agnostic etc..

But I cant help but ask:

since you believe there is no God, or there is God but a particular religion is wrong- this or that..

As wise you claim to be, instead of perching on peoples religion to prove your wisdom,
Why not;

Note: The Jesus/Mohammed etc you criticize came, met religion, created a legacy, left religion...

Maybe it's because criticizing other people's religion helps them stay relevant. And by constantly reiterating how wrong religion is, it would at least help in calming their nerves and in reassuring them that they are right. which is very pathetic.
Re: Why should you criticize other religions? by Niflheim(m): 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
@OP,

So you still do not understand why we criticize religion right?......................................................Okay, help yourself with these visual aids and then come back and tell me why I cannot criticize your religion!!!

Re: Why should you criticize other religions? by hakeem4(m): 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
MsNorgan:
Dear Nlers,

But I cant help but ask:

Why not;

Never seen a post written with so much confidence and stupidity! You pious people are a menace to the society. With the way you reason, Why is religion so sacred and why should we not criticise it?

Criticism brings about development. If Mary Slessor has not stop people from killing twins do you think you’d would want to live in a society like that ?

(1) (Reply)

The "Handkerchief" Mantle / The Four Levels Of Perception (Scientology). / Fr Emma Ojeifo# Say No To Prosperity Gospel/exploitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.