Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:03 AM

Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss (60515 Views)

10 Ethical Traits Of A Writer - By Jimson Jaat Taofik / How To Use Reading To Become A Better Writer By Leo Babauta / A love story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Vickysnipe147(m): 12:42am On Mar 15, 2017
nice work Angelss, I have been following all your stories here that covers the oluwatosin and olive Grove. keep it up. waiting for more updates.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 15, 2017
happy birthday to you Angelsss/Buttersss. Many happy returns, your heaven shall be opened and you will enjoy abundant blessings Amen. have a fun filled day
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by princessadeola(f): 8:38am On Mar 15, 2017
Happy Birthday to Angelsss
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by oluwaseun15(f): 8:52am On Mar 15, 2017
Happy birthday dear,long life and prosperity,more grace,wisdom and inspiration,may all ur prayers be answered......have fun
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by jupitre(m): 10:18am On Mar 15, 2017
Happy birthday mam,may the Lord shower you with his mercies,joy and wisdom mam....Set the world ablaze with your dreams and use its flame to light your birthday candle.........hbd mam,,yiiipeee,i got here late.....
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2017
Happy birthday Angelsss
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by BlissfulJeff(m): 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2017
hapi bday swithrt.have a blast.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 10:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
‘Drunk in love’ I hummed queen Bey’s song as I boarded a cab to Deji’s place, he sounded so sweet on the phone, he caused all my worries to vanish and this increased my faith in him. I knew he was the man for me, Mfon was just being paranoid and jealous, I made up my mind about her, she was nothing but a frienemy. Just because she couldn’t find happiness didn’t mean we shared the same fate, I was Redeemed Akpan, and my case had to be different.

‘Keep the change’ I whispered to the cab driver who smiled like the words I spoke to him were made of chocolate. I was just in a very good mood, I needed to see my lover once more.

I rapped his front door twice, while waiting for his response, by phone buzzed. I grimaced slightly, I didn’t want any intrusion, no interruptions, I decided to check the caller, I planned to switch off the phone later.

‘Shit’ I swore, my boss was calling, what if he wanted me back at the office? I didn’t take permission before leaving. I dived the phone back into my bag, I had to ignore the call, I didn’t want him getting into my special moment with Deji.

‘Sweetheart, you look stunning’ he pulled open the door and winked. His smile dazed me and I felt lost, I was overthrown by the mere sight of him, this was nothing but love and I silently prayed it lasted forever.

‘Thanks Deji’ I whispered shyly as the images of our lovemaking resurfaced in my head.

‘Is something wrong? You don’t look relaxed’ Deji scanned his eyes over her. She looked more beautiful, her innocent look was gone, thanks to him for introducing her into the world of sin.

‘I…I am fine’ I replied shyly. I don’t know what he was doing to me, but I couldn’t face him, I couldn’t look him in the eye.

‘Riri’? Deji smiled, he understood why she acted that way.

‘How was your day’? I cut in, I had to divert his attention from my face.

‘Are you shy about last night’? he ignored my question and winked. A smile played on his luscious lips, those lips that had brought me immense pleasure the night before.

‘Excuse me, I’ll have to pick this’ my phone had buzzed again. Perfect timing, I mused, I needed to move away from him and get some fresh air before he choked me with his sexiness.

‘Funny girl’ Deji poured himself some wine as he stared at her backside, she backed him while receiving the call.
He couldn’t wait to get his hands on her beautiful body, just this last time, just this once, and it would be over, he would stay focused on his Jenny.

‘Good day sir’ I inhaled deeply, while trying to cook up some lie I could give as an excuse for leaving the office that way.

‘Redeemed, I need to see you right now, something came up and I think you’ll be the right person to handle it’ he said.

‘Uhmmm sir, what could that be’? I asked and bit my lip gingerly.

‘Remember the P.R job I told you about’? he asked.

‘Yes’ I nodded, he’d told me about some job that would take us to a high mountain, I remembered clearly.

‘Good. Zee and Dee got me upset minutes ago, so, I decided to put you on the job, no other person could represent us like you. So I need you right now, I have brief you on the job. The Olive Groves Corporation is a huge business empire and you cannot afford to misrepresent us’ he explained.

‘Olive Groves’? my mouth fell agape. It was the biggest company in Africa,owned by the Tosin family, what would a girl like me offer?

‘Yes, that’s why you need briefing’ he added swiftly, almost impatiently.

‘Okay sir, I’ll be there in a few minutes, I left to get something at the mall, I’ll be right back’ I was a bit excited and terrified as I dropped the call.
‘Olive Groves’ I whispered and found Deji staring icily at me, like I had done something very bad. I had never seen him this way.

‘Is something wrong’? I asked as I moved closer to him.

‘What business do you have with Olive Groves’? Deji had listened to her call, there’s no other name he dreaded like that of the arrogant man that had asked for a merger earlier.

‘Well, my boss, said I’ll be working there, on behalf of our company, so we should celebrate’ I moved to pour myself some wine, at least to calm my nerves. Was this real?
‘So, are you going to take that job’? Deji pressed my hand from reaching the glass.

‘Yes of course, who would refuse a job like that? Olive Groves is the largest in Nigeria and Africa, soon, it would conquer the Americas, only a fool would turn down the job’ I replied, not understanding the sudden change in him.

‘No, I don’t want you working there, there are better places, I could even get you a job in my company, just stay away from Olive Groves, please darling, do this for me’ Deji begged. He hated the Tosin’s for trying to humiliate his company.

‘Deji….’ I swallowed. How could he ask me to do something like that? I could see he really wanted me away from Olive Groves, for whatever reason, I wanted to please him, to do his bidding, to show myself worthy of his love.

‘Yes, if you love me, you’d listen to me. I know your boss has sent you there, to help with their advertising, I know you’re really good with that, maybe you should do that for my company, Sazad foods, please baby, if you really love me, you’d turn your boss down’ he rubbed my arm, his eyes were pleading and once again I was lost in them.

Coincidentally, my boss called, I inhaled deeply and placed the phone against my ears.

‘Where are you? Let me drive down and pick you up, there’s no time, we have a lot of work to do’ he said.

‘Uhmmm, I’m sorry sir, but I think Zee or Dee would excel at this job, advertisement isn’t my thing, I do writings, I think you should reconsider one of them, please.’ I begged.

‘Are you okay? Do you realize what you’re throwing away? If you work at Olive Groves, you could even be retained after the contract expires if you prove yourself worthy. I think you’re drunk on something, this isn’t Redeemed’ my boss was annoyed with me.

‘I’m sorry sir’ I almost added, that I was drunk in love. Nothing else mattered then, except Deji, I wanted him so badly, I was prepared to do anything for him.

‘It’s okay, I’ll take Zee up, she’s smarter than her evil twin’ he sighed and brought the call to an end.

‘That was easy, thanks baby’ Deji kissed my forehead, which was now covered with perspiration. I felt scared, but I chose to be strong. If Mfon ever got to know, that I rejected a job offer because of a man, she wouldn’t talk to me for a long while.

‘Yes’ I replied weakly and faced him. his bright eyes had grown dark, I knew what this meant, desire had encapsulated him in her lair and he would trap me in it soon. I couldn’t wait to die in his arms.

‘Come here teddy’ he pulled me towards him and caressed my face. I didn’t resist, I let his fingers roam my face, then to my neck and my breasts.

‘You’re so beautiful, I want to love you again’ he whispered and brought his mouth close to my ear lobe, I felt hot, I felt my blood rush. He brushed my hair neatly away from my ears, then slid his tongue into my ear drum, it felt like heaven.
He licked my ears and chewed my lobes lightly for some minutes, I never knew, something so easy could drive one so crazy.

‘You’re killing me’ I moaned softly.

‘I haven’t started’ Deji smiled wickedly and lifted me to the table where he first loved me.

‘Why can’t we go to your room’? I asked, I was slightly uncomfortable being on the table, I wanted to be in his bed.

‘No, here’s more fun, you’ll like it here’ he ripped my clothes off my body and did same to his.

‘I love you, you know that’? he asked.

‘I love you too’ I relaxed and offered him a smile. He pulled me into him and gave me a long and slow kiss. It was beautiful, it was real and meant the world to me, no man had ever kissed me this way.
His left hand glided down my belly and spread my soft legs apart, I couldn’t wait to be touched by him, I couldn’t wait to be underneath him. Moaning, groaning and swimming in pleasure.

‘Give yourself to me’ he rubbed his hands against my wetness and I groaned.

‘Deji….’ I whispered and moved my hips as he touched me.

He suddenly stopped, I begged him to continue but he refused. He smiled wickedly and parted my legs wider, my breath was ragged, I was burning for him, without words, he buried himself into me and drove me.
He rocked me slowly at first, but as I began to call his name, he increased his pace. We were so engrossed in our love making, that we failed to notice her.

‘Deji’ I groaned as I found my release. That was when I saw her face, a strange woman.
‘Let’s go another round’ he smacked my back eagerly, he hadn’t seen her because he backed her.

‘Deji…’ I called again, trying to gain his attention.

‘What’s that’? he saw the look on my face and quickly turned back.

The lady stared at me as if I were her arch enemy, I was equally confused, I needed an explanation.
‘Bleep’ Deji rose to his feet and got into his clothes as swiftly as lightning.

‘Jenny, it’s not what you think, Jenny’ he searched for words but his mouth felt dry.
I was still confused, I equally hurried into my clothes, but who was she? I was still lost.

‘Jenny, I’m sorry, please forgive me, this wasn’t supposed to happen’ Deji fell on his knees. Tears streamed down her face, Jake hadn’t been lying afterall.

‘Deji? What’s going on here’? I asked weakly as I ran my eyes over the other woman. He ignored me totally; he didn’t even spare me a glance.

‘So this cheap tramp was what you chose over me? How could you hurt me like this Deji? What does she have? What does she give you that I can’t’? Jenny was deeply hurt.

‘I am sorry Jenny, she’s the one that came to me and I couldn’t resist, please, forgive me, I swear, this would never happen’ Deji cried.

I wiped my ears carefully, maybe I hadn’t heard well, what was he insinuating? Suddenly, the scale fell from my eyes and I realized then that I had been fooled but it was too late.

‘Deji, I need an explanation’ I tried sounding confident. I had lost already, I needed to save my face before running out of his apartment.

‘Would you shut your mouth? You bitch? You think coming to my man like this would make him leave me for you’? Jenny hissed angrily.

‘Just shut up Riri and leave, this is all your fault, you shouldn’t have come here’ Deji wiped his face and rose to his feet.

‘What? But you asked me over? what has come over you Deji’? I shook my head in disagreement.

‘How dare you?’ I felt his hands on my cheeks. Blood tweaked my cheeks and tears stung my eyes as I realized Deji had just slapped me.

‘Deji…’ a tear slipped from my eyes.

‘Get out. Just leave’ he ordered and avoided my eyes.

‘You heard him, man thief’ Jenny moved closer to me.

‘Alright then, if that’s what you want’ I moved out of the house defeated. I’ve never felt so humiliated in my life. What had I done to deserve such? I needed to run home as quickly as possible. I couldn’t return to the office this way, I felt my heart disintegrate into a thousand pieces, right before my eyes.

‘Where are you going’? the cab driver asked.

‘Anywhere’ I replied and rushed in. he had lied to me, everything was a lie. What hurt me most, was the fact that I’d given myself wholly to him, without fear, I trusted him, I offered him my virginity.

‘I’ve been such a fool’ I cried at the back of the car. Once again Mfon was right, how on earth was I ever going to face her?

‘Are you okay ma’m’? the young man that drove the cab asked?

‘Yes I’m fine’ I wiped my face.

‘Alright’ he replied and slid a disc into his C.D player, I felt like smashing his head into the wall as Adele’s ‘someone like you’ played in the car.
‘This is a dream’ I muttered silently as we neared my house.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Chumzypinky(f): 11:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
Tell me y God wnt punish sum men
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 19, 2017
When Are We Getting Anoda Update.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by BlissfulJeff(m): 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2017
nice one swithrt
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by yorhmienerd(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
Next update will come in the next two months, that I'm sure of. angry
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2017
‘To victory’ the old man raised his glass up, while waiting for his son to join him in merriment, the olive Groves empire was expanding, in time, they would rule the world.

‘Victory eh’? Henry tossed the documents he worked on aside and poured himself some wine. Like his father, he’d learnt the ropes of the Olive Groves Empire, they had worked hard for everything and it had paid off, sooner or later, the Williams would surrender their company over and that would be a plus to the Tosins, as they had their own plan.

‘What did the old man say’? Chief Tosin referred to Chief Williams, the head of Sazad foods, the company that had come running for their help

‘As expected father, he felt insulted, you’d ask him to merge with us’ Henry sipped from his glass.

‘Good, good, he’ll come around, I sent spies to check out their situation, it’s even worse than I imagined, as it remains, we’ll be their only salvage, so get prepared son, we’re taking over’ the man replied.

‘Yes father, one more thing, I gave a contract to a public relations firm, so they help us with our advertising, we need new hands on the team’ Henry added.

‘Good. Just take care of everything’ his father replied.

‘Alright father’ Henry dropped his glass and sauntered out of the study, he had a lot of work to do, first, he had to weaken the finances of the Williams, that way, they’d come for the merger faster. A Tosin, always had what he wanted.
She stood there facing the man she was to marry in a month’s time, Jake was right, Deji had been seeing someone else, she’d always had her suspicions but she had pushed them aside once he proposed to her.

‘Please say something, I’m really sorry baby, please talk to me’ Deji was still on his knees, begging, crying for her attention. Jennifer hadn’t said a word to him since the departure of Redeemed. She was too shocked and confused to utter a word.
‘I trusted you Deji, you don’t know what you’ve done to me’ her lips quavered as she sank into the cushion.

‘I’m sorry baby, this would never happen again, I promise, I swear to you, just give me another chance, you could trust me again’ he crept towards her.

‘Trust you again? You think it’s that easy to build trust?’ she scoffed. Trust was something so fragile, like a glass, once broken, very difficult to mend, but you if mended, they’d still be a crack in the glass.

‘I know it’s hard, I know it’s going to take some time, but I promise to work on it’ he begged.

‘I was such a fool, now I see why you never wanted me to make our engagement so public, you deleted the pictures off of facebook, how many girlfriends do you have Deji? How many’? tears welled up in her eyes.

‘Jenny…’ he felt bad she cried because of him.

‘Answer me, you bloody bastard, how many women have you been screwing around behind my back’? her voice was strained.

‘None Jenny, please forgive me’ he replied.

‘You know what? I think we should call that wedding off, what’s the point? I’d always be suspicious, let’s call it off’ she rose swiftly and walked towards the door but he ran and held her in his arms.

‘No, I want to marry you Jenny, only you, please don’t leave me alone, I love you baby, only you. I’d do anything you want, I’d put the pictures right back on facebook, I’d throw a party to celebrate our engagement, please don’t leave me’ he begged.

‘I don’t know what to say Deji, you really hurt me’ she blinked the tear drops on her lashes away. He looked sincere, her heart yearned for this man and she was going to stay, he was sorry, she could see it in his eyes.

‘I love you so much’ he wetted her forehead with his kiss. She managed a smile and relaxed against his shoulders.

He sighed and forced his eyes shut, he’d almost lost Jenny, Jake had warned him about something like that, but he’d been blinded by lost for Redeemed. He felt awful for the way he’d treated her, but he couldn’t have done any better, Jenny was his queen, she’d been nothing but his bed warmer.

‘Make love to me’ Jenny whispered.
‘I’d do anything for you’ he wiped her forehead with his palms.
I walked into the house gingerly, I’d seen her clothes outside, so I was sure she was home, I didn’t want her to see me this way.
She’d say: ‘I told you, I warned you, Deji was a bad guy’. I had never been so humiliated in life, and what made it worse, was the way he denied me, like I was nothing more than a fling or a bad habit he’d planned to drop all along.

‘Riri’? somehow I had stopped, I just stared into the ceiling, trying to blank my mind, trying to erase the memory of what happened in Deji’s house.I shivered as I recognized my friend’s voice, she’d caught me. I inhaled deeply and tried wearing this neutral look, like that of the mona lisa, neither happy nor sad.
‘Hello Mfon, how are you’? I forced a smile and faced her. From the look on her face, she felt pleased I spoke to her after my angry outburst earlier.

‘Where have you been Riri’? Mfon warmed up to me.

‘Work, been really busy’ I said flatly, trying not to show emotion but I was dying inside, I couldn’t wait to rush into my room and cry my eyes out.

‘Okay. Let me make this quick. I realized I’ve been wrong about your Deji, maybe cause I’ve had very bad experiences with good looking guys like him, I felt he could be the same way. all what I did was because I cared about you, but one look at you, makes me believe he is the opposite of what I thought. I am truly sorry for interfering in your relationship that way, I promise to stay off it, I don’t want anything to come between us’ she said.

‘Oh’ a tiny sob escaped but forced it in. How could I look her in the eye and tell her the truth?

‘Oh’? Mfon raised a brow.

‘Thank you, I have to go now, still very busy’ I spoke in a rush. I couldn’t control it anymore, I had to leave before my pain became obvious.

‘Does that mean you’ll start talking to me’? she called to me as I turned my back on her.

‘Yes’ I whispered, tears were already streaming down my face. The pain I felt couldn’t be numbed by any kind of drug, Deji had torn me apart, from that moment on, I vowed never to give my heart to any man.

‘Redeemed? Are you okay’? Mfon noticed the way she carried herself. This wasn’t Riri, she was this lively girl and here she was looking like she carrying the weight of the world on her frail shoulders.

I couldn’t answer. Pain choked me, clogged my throat, my tongue was sour too.

‘Riri? Oh my god, you’re crying, what happened? Did something bad happen at work’? she rushed to my comfort.

‘I’ll be fine’ I gently pushed my door open and slid into the room.

‘What have I done’? I cried silently and fetched my phone. I played so easily into the hands of a player, how could I’ve been so stupid? So naïve?

‘Bleep love’ I cursed for the first time. Deji had hurt my pride and I had to pay him back, I needed to make him feel bad for what he did to me. I wanted him dead, I hated him so much.

I quickly logged into facebook, my fingers itched to type something, just to distract myself from the pain I felt. My heart stopped when I saw her face, the woman that had walked in on I and Deji, she was smiling and he stood next to her, holding her like some treasure he’d found in the desert.
‘Save the date’ those were the words inscribed on the pictures, Mfon had been right. My hands shook like that of an epileptic, darkness clouded my world, I suddenly became very afraid, I felt weak as I realized, I had been used and dumped.

‘open up Riri’ Mfon tapped lightly on my door. The sound of her knocking brought me back to reality, my eyes strayed to the clock and I realized, I had slept off. It was 8 P.M. I had the urge to call him, I wanted to see him once more, I wanted his arms around me. I needed my Deji back, how could I live without him?
‘Redeemed? You’re scaring me, just open up, talk to me, I’m here for you’ Mfon was persistent.

‘I’m coming’ I pushed Deji out of my thoughts. Calling him would be foolish, he’d bluntly denied me, he was due for marriage the next month, I needed to stay strong, I needed to get over him.

‘Here I am’ I pulled the door open and Mfon rushed in.

‘What’s wrong Riri? Please talk to me, don’t push me out’ she was really concerned.

‘I’m fine’ I still couldn’t tell her about it. I bet she was going to laugh her head off, who wouldn’t? I had been stubborn and foolish.

‘No you’re not, why are you blocking me out? It’s not fair’ she felt hurt.

I paused for a while. The memory of my first sex came again, Deji was riding me and I moaned shamelessly beneath him, how foolish I’d been. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I found myself trembling.

‘Oh my god, I know this look’ Mfon observed me quietly.

‘It’s okay, laugh at me, do whatever, tell me you were right and I was wrong. Just do it.’ I waited for her reaction.

‘I could never mock you like that, I’m so sorry’ she walked towards me and enclosed me in her arms. I felt loved and special and I knew I’d get over the bastard with my friend around, if only I had listened.

‘You’ll be fine, trust me’ she whispered and I nodded.

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by bossy512(f): 11:01am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice update, welldone sister
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2017
bossy512:
Nice update, welldone sister
thanks dear
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
nice one swithrt
thanks dear
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Marchborn123: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2017
Nice update dear
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Marchborn123: 11:52am On Mar 21, 2017
And wen re going to update again as regards to in love with my pastor episode 2? Am seriously waiting dr.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by BlissfulJeff(m): 7:14am On Mar 22, 2017
wow wow wow
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 9:37am On Mar 22, 2017
They’d spent the weekend together, making love and reassuring each other of their love.
‘I’m going to miss you baby, I’ll miss you xoxo’ Jenny placed a kiss on his forehead.
‘I’ll miss you more sweetheart’ Deji returned her kiss. He was more than happy she’d forgiven him, no other woman understood him the way Jenny did.

‘So you dropping me off or what’? she winked at him.
‘Well, I’ll like to make love to my angel once more before she flies away’ he winked and warmed her lips with his’.

‘I love you so much Deji, promise you wouldn’t hurt me again’ her eyes were pleading.

‘I swear I’d never do something like that again’ he smiled. He was going to stand by his words, no woman would come between he and Jenny.

‘I like the attention we’re getting, we’ve gotten like a thousand likes’ she checked out their pre-wedding photos she’d posted on facebook.

‘Yeaa, what if a thousand people turn up for the wedding’? he asked.

‘Scary question, that’s not possible though’ she rolled her eyes.
‘I’ll have to pick this, it’s Jake, should be important’ his phone buzzed.

‘Oh, say me hi to him’ Jenny beamed. She’d carefully kept Deji away from the fact that his own cousin had snitched on him. That still baffled her, Jake and Deji were quite close, she was still shocked he could tell on Deji like that.

‘Jake morning, what’s up’? Deji winked at her.
‘Hurry to the company right now, we have a situation’ Jake replied.
‘Okay, I’d have to drop Jenny off the airport first’ Deji answered.

‘Oh, she’ still with you’? Jake felt hurt, had his plans failed?

‘Yeaa, we’re still together man, see you at the office’ Deji brought the call to an end.

‘What’s going on’? Jenny asked.

‘Stuff at the office, let’s have a quickie, then I drop you off, before heading towards the office’ his eyes darkened mischievously.

‘I can’t wait to have you inside me baby’ she replied.
I could feel the sun on my face, the singing birds wouldn’t just stop, couldn’t the world understand I was heartbroken? The weekend had been dull for me, without the help of Mfon, who’d constantly fed me icecream and had tried to lift my spirit, I would’ve been deep in grief about my ex boyfriend a.k.a Lucifer.

I sighed and got out of bed, I checked the time, I wasn’t late for work, so I had enough time, to practice the face I’d wear to the office. I didn’t want them to know what I was going through, I was the confident Redeemed, who’d given a talk about love on Friday, ironically, I got jilted that same Friday and woke up single.

‘You’ll pay for this’ I whispered silently as I stared into the mirror. I lost the job offered to me by my boss, cause I let Deji into my head, I’d never understand his reason for asking me to quit the job. I still blamed him for it,if he hadn’t confused me by kissing me and running his hands over me, I’d never make such a stupid mistake.

‘This is all your fault, not his, you let him do this to you, it’s on you’ my mind whispered briefly as I stared at the mirror. Fresh tears welled up in my eyes, and I knew, Deji had gone with a part of me I’d never get back, I needed to hurt him, just the way he did me.

‘Goodmorning Princess, I trust you slept well’ Mfon stormed into my room, she’d hidden my keys so I wouldn’t lock myself up. i loved her more than ever, how many friends could comfort like she did?

‘Morning’ I quickly wiped my face, I didn’t want her to see me this way.

‘Hey, you don’t have to hide from me, I understand everything, your pain, the humiliation, being played like a fool, I get you Riri, I’ve been down that road too many times till I gave up completely on love but I don’t want same for you. You were just unfortunate to meet a guy like Deji, I guess you’ve learnt your lesson now, but don’t block your heart, don’t shut yourself out from the rest of the world, love can still find you’ she caressed my head as she spoke.

‘Love can still find me? I doubt that, Deji hurt me real bad, I’ve been waiting up, staring at that phone, checking my messages, expecting him to call and say something. An apology would reduce the pain I feel right now, but no, he’s gone quiet on me, how I’m I supposed to move on’? I cried. I’d seen him online, though I hadn’t sent him any messages, I waited for him to speak first, but he’d said nothing.

‘He isn’t going to say nothing, what do you want him to say? That he’s sorry? Or he wants you back? Redeemed, you have to accept what has happened, you’ll have to move on with your life’ she replied.

‘So, do I just let him go? I wish I could kill him? this pain would all go away if he is dead’ I sounded crazy but I didn’t mind, I needed to pay him back.

‘Well, revenge is beautiful but it never gives peace, if that’s what you want fine, I won’t share I murder though…’ she paused as we both listened to the doorbell.

‘Deji…’ I swallowed hard, maybe he had come, I rushed to the window, but there was no car outside.

‘That guy really hurt you sister, let me get the door, I’ll be back’ she walked away with pitiful eyes.

‘I’m so weak, I’m going to show you how strong I can be, I would get over you in time’ I fetched my phone from the table ready to rain all the curses of this world on Deji.
‘You sonofabitch’ that’s what I typed first, then I paused as I realized he’d blocked me. The pain I felt then was immeasurable.

‘Someone is here to see you’ Mfon returned with a smile on her face.

‘Who’? I replied quietly.
‘She says she’s from your office and she has got goodnews’ Mfon replied and left once more.
I inhaled deeply, after everything we’d shared, he’d decided to block me out of his life, I made a decision at that moment, Deji Williams would feel my pain.

I washed my face in the shank before moving out to receive this unwanted visitor, I wasn’t expecting no one, could it be my boss? I shrugged, he didn’t know where I lived.

‘So, how long have you too been friends’? the visitor asked and I paused to listen.
‘For a very long time. Can I make you tea or somehting’? Mfon smiled.

‘Nope. So Riri has a pretty friend, can I ask a question’? i recognized the owner of the voice minutes later, Zee.

‘Sure go ahead’ Mfon braced herself for the question.

‘Are you two lesbians’? Zee flashed her a mischievous grin.

I hadn’t had cause to smile for some days, but that question cracked me up seriously and had me grinning like a boy eating cotton candy.

‘What’? Mfon was flabbergasted.

‘Don’t mind me, I’m kidding’ Zee burst out laughing as she saw me.

‘Goodmorning Zainab, how are you’? I trotted into the livingroom.

‘Fine. So, the boss had asked I and Dee to take up the advertising job with Olive Groves Corporation, Dee is in bad shape, she’s ill with chicken pox, so you’ll have to cover for her’ Zee explained.

I rolled my eyes. I and Zee working together? That would be disaster, we didn’t match, Dee was the right person for this job. I’d already lost interest in it, since my heart got broken.

‘What? Don’t you want to work with me? Why the face’? Zee noticed my reluctance.

‘Uhmmm, it’s not that, I am also in a bad shape, I need to stay away from work till I’m okay’ I replied.

‘Oh? So fast’? she eyed me in a way that made me uncomfortable, like she knew what I was going through.

‘What’? I asked.

‘Well, Dee and I betted on it, that guy was never good for you, I’m sorry he broke your heart. I guess it’s time you drop your good girl act and come be with us’ she rose to her feet.

‘Wait, how did she know’? Mfon was surprised as I was.

‘Deji was a flirt, we all knew that, you were too blind to see’ Zee patted me on the back and made for the door.

‘Wait, so, how did you know about his flirtatious lifestyle’? I asked curiously.

‘I’ve given him B.J before, B.J means Mouth Gig at some nightclub’ Zee winked.

‘Wow’ I was really a big fool.

‘Oh honey, you never should’ve taken that guy serious, but it’s too late now, he’s getting married to some rich bitch, I like you a lot Riri and if you’re up for it, we could deal with him’ she blew me a kiss and rushed out of the house.

‘Geez, did you just hear that? So they knew all along, they knew Deji was playing me and they couldn’t even cough about it’ Zee irritated me from that moment.

‘Really? I told you about the kind of guy he was from day one, what difference does that make? Even if those girls had walked up to you, you still would’ve ignored their advice, I’m just happy you’re stronger than yesterday. You’ll be fine’ Mfon said.

‘Yes, I will be totally fine’ Deji was going to pay.

‘Don’t do anything stupid’ she pointed a finger at me and moved out.
‘Always the late one’ Jake spoke under his breath as Deji hurried into the conference room.

‘I was making love to my wife, we reconciled over the weekend, now I feel like a brand new man’ Deji whispered to his cousin.

‘Next time, spare me the details’ Jake replied as Jealousy pricked him. how could Jenny take him back? Even after catching him red handed?

‘Whatever, so what’s going on here’? Deji asked.

‘What about the other girl? Do you still plan on seeing her’? Jake asked, he wouldn’t give up on Jenny.

‘No way, I blocked her out of my life, Jenny has given my another chance, I wouldn’t mess it up. Now let’s focus’ Deji answered.

‘Good’ Jake replied tightly and turned his face towards the door, Henry Oluwatosin had arrived.

‘I don’t like that guy, there’s something off about him’ Deji grimaced as Henry walked into the room.

‘Like I said, this is business, you don’t have to like him’ Jake replied defiantly.

‘Goodmorning Chief Williams, your call was a bit urgent and I had been busy, sorry for the delay’ Henry smiled and took a seat.

‘It’s okay son, did you get my message’? Chief Williams asked?

‘Yes, I am happy you have reconsidered, we have a lot we could offer each other’ Henry replied and fetched some documents from his briefcase.

‘What are they talking about’? Deji’s heart pounded against his chest? Had his father considered Merging their company with Olive Groves?

‘Oh, you didn’t hear. We lost twenty million naira worth of goods today, the ship that conveyed them, cap sided and everything got lost. You know the current situation of things, and how much debt we are deep in. We have no choice, this merger, is our salvation, only for a period of ten years’ Jake replied.

‘Ten years? Have you asked yourself why they’re insisting on a merger’? Deji scoffed, how could his dad be so blind?

‘Deji’ his father called.

‘Father’ Deji answered and rose to his feet, they were being played, and he needed to unmask the real reason the Tosin’s needed this merger.

‘Henry, this is my son and I would love him to work hand in hand with you, I want you to teach him how to be successful, just as yourself’ the old man smiled as he introduced the young men.

‘You give me too much credit, Chief Williams. Everything I have learnt, all that I am, is by the grace of God alone’ Henry smiled and eyed the arrogant man that had been introduced to him, he decided on the spot, they wouldn’t be friends.

‘So how can I be of help father’? Deji felt devalued, what did his father mean by ‘Teach him how to be successful’? wasn’t he a success?

‘Oh, we’ll talk about your job later, but first things first, let’s go through these papers together’ Henry smiled mischievously and passed the papers around.

‘This is unacceptable’ Deji flared and threw the document on the floor.
‘Deji! Behave yourself, don’t bring your untamed tendencies here? if you had kept your head on the ground, instead of frolicking around with numerous girls, maybe we would’ve had a solution before now’ his father reacted.

‘Frolicking with women eh’? Henry mused.

‘Shut it Deji’ Jake hushed him, knowing he was about saying something stupid to their only helper.
‘Okay, I’m fine, but I’m not cool with us changing our company name to Olive Groves Food, when it’s just a merger, it’s not like they’re buying the company. We should still retain our name’ Deji retorted.

‘Does it really matter son? What matters is our ability to pay off our debtors and rise to our feet after ten years and be stronger like never before’ Chief Williams said.

‘Your father is right, Deji, it’s just ten years’ Henry replied, hoping their plans worked out fine.

‘You have to sign these papers, so we move forward’ Jake observed his cousin wasn’t happy about the arrangements.

‘I’ll sign it then’ Deji shrugged, no one trusted him enough to listen to him, maybe they were right, maybe the Tosin’s were the best thing that could ever happen to Sazad foods Limited.

‘I’ll move here for some time, so I supervise everything’ Henry spoke later. He wasn’t suggesting, he had already gotten for himself the power he needed.

‘Do you really need to pick that now’? Jake asked his cousin.

‘It’s Jenny, I guess, she has arrived’ Deji lifted the phone to his ears, he couldn’t wait to hear her voice.

‘Hello baby’
‘Sorry, I’m I speaking with Mr Deji Williams’? a strange voice questioned.
‘Yes and who are you’? Deji wondered.
‘I’m very sorry sir, I’m a reporter for the African News Network(ANN), there’s been a plane crash and we found this phone on your fiancee’ the woman replied.

‘What? What are you talking about’? Deji lost control of himself but the line went dead.

‘Deji’? his father scowled, his son rarely acted like a responsible man.

‘Father, something bad has happened, I have to go now’ he rushed out without looking back.

‘Typical, Henry, say me well to your father, sorry for my son’s behavior’ the old man apologized.

‘I shall do as you say, I have to leave now, I’ve got other pressing matters to attend to’ Henry cleared the table and strolled out.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 9:40am On Mar 22, 2017
Marchborn123:
And wen re going to update again as regards to in love with my pastor episode 2? Am seriously waiting dr.
oops sorry about that....you can purchase it @okadabooks or you get the PDF.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by agogoeyo3: 10:25am On Mar 22, 2017
Wow, this is getting more interesting. More ink to your pen dearie
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by nikz(f): 10:52am On Mar 22, 2017
Deji will learn not to mess with a woman's emotions
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Chumzypinky(f): 10:58am On Mar 22, 2017
Deji i'm so sorry
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 1:16am On Mar 25, 2017
Darling Diary,
I wish I listened to the voice or reason. I gave my heart to a man called Deji and he stole my happiness along with it. I’ll take it back.
‘Good to go’ I scribbled hurriedly on my diary. I felt new, like a baby butterfly that had just escaped its cocoon. I felt reborn in the rage planted by heartbreak, I was a new person, no longer naïve and gentle. I had to become new, I had to be born again, in order for me to regain my sanity.

‘Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the slayest of them all’? I applied three coats of red lipstick, I had to move on with my life.

‘So how do I look’? I fished for complements.
‘Like a rebound girl. Are you okay Riri’? Mfon loved the way her friend appeared but she was still uncertain, how could she get over her darling Deji just like that?

‘Oh, you thought I’d still be sad and pouty over him? I took your advice, I’m going to rock it’ I winked at her and walked towards the door. I’d never felt so free, freedom had come but Mfon’s words caged me.

‘Redeemed’? she called gently.

‘Yes’? I turned and faced her.

‘Grief can do crazy things to people, don’t go ahead of yourself. Don’t do anything stupid’ she advised.

‘Thanks’ I pondered on her words for some minutes before I moved out.

I waved a cab and slid in. The ride was slow and steady, it gave me enough time to think. Mfon’s words never ceased to ring in my head.
‘Ah, e don happen again’ the cab man exclaimed. I was too lost in my own world to make sense out his blabbering and abuses. Everyone had a cross to carry.

‘Madam u don hear’? he had noticed I wasn’t interested In making small talk so he forced his way into my thoughts.

‘Eh’? I waited for him to speak.

‘Dem don use people do ritual again for this country’ the man cursed once more.
‘Wetin happen’? I wondered, after I realized Deji had blocked me, I didn’t bother surfing the web anymore.

‘Big bad tin madam. Plane don crash again. This time, everyone for the aeroplane die except ten people dem.’ The man explained.

‘A plane crash’? I asked? That was pathetic, I was heartbroken no doubt, but I hated such stories, tragedies were never my thing, that’s why my stories always had a happy ending.

‘Yes’ he nodded vehemently.

‘What’s the name of the plane that crashed’? I asked.

‘Na dat one wey I no sabi’ he replied.

‘Stop, there’s my office’ I informed him. Plane crash? As a writer, you needed to be abreast of current situations.
I noticed a black porshe packed along four Honda civic cars outside our building, I couldn’t help but wonder who this visitor was.

‘So, your workers don’t resume early? How are they going to deliver?’ a tall man barked. My heart raced, my boss would be so angry with me for reporting late.

‘Oh here she comes, I told you, she’d be here son. I’m really sorry Mr Henry for the inconvenience.

I walked into the office, I knew I was the subject of discussion by the way all eyes turned on me, even Zee looked shocked. That was when I realized I had forgotten to button, and half of my breasts was out.
‘Really?’ Henry eyed the sassy looking female that had just walked into the office.

‘Good morning sir’ I felt confused as I looked from my boss to the most handsome man I’d ever set my eyes on. Who was this man? And why did he have to be this cute?

‘Send the other one, I don’t need my workers looking like strippers’ he eyed me dangerously and stormed out of the office.
I had never felt more ashamed in my entire life, me? A stripper? My shame quickly gave way to anger and I felt like running towards his direction and giving him a slap for calling me such a name.

‘Really? You didn’t do badly after such a guy ditch you’ Zee walked up to me after our boss left with the rude guy.

‘This was a mistake, I don’t expose my body, you know me’ I tried to explain.

‘Save it. I knew something wasn’t right, the red lipstick, the cleavage and all, I like it though, it makes you very sexy’ she winked and left my mouth hanging for the right words.

‘See me in my office’ my boss ordered and I knew I was in deep shit. It had been a rough weekend for me, but I’d also realized if I didn’t take control of my life, I was going to lose more than Deji, my career was at stake.

‘Have a sit’ he spoke without looking up as I stepped into his office.
‘Are you tired of working here’? he asked curtly.

‘Uhmmmm, not at all sir, it’s just…’ I licked my lips nervously, his question made me feel very bad.

‘Just what? First, I’d hopes you’d take up that job, you turned me down and you walk in late today looking very wild. You’re not the girl I used to know, what’s wrong with you? From the way Mr Henry sounded, he wasn’t pleased by your appearance’ he paused while drumming his hands on the table.

‘I’m sorry sir, I don’t know what to say, I’m really sorry for everything, I promise to be on my good behavior’ I apologized. So Mr arrogant was Henry Oluwatosin? I don’t know why, but my heart raced as I recalled his handsome face.

‘Good. Now, you’ll have to beg him for the job, I know my workers and what they’re capable of doing, Zee cannot take that job alone, and Dee is down with some flu, so, you’re going to find Mr Henry, you’ll apologize, and tell him to take you’ my boss said.
I thought I hadn’t heard him well, why did I have to beg for the job? Clearly he didn’t want me, begging him was the last thing I had on my mind. He was so arrogant and full of himself, how could he speak that way to me?
‘I guess you understand, you can leave now’ he dismissed me and faced his laptop.
My mouth fell dry, words hung in my throat, I had just promised my boss that I’d be good, refusal to ‘beg’ Mr Arrogant would piss him off greatly, he could even sack me.

‘Oh my god’ he muttered and my eyes followed the laptop, he sounded like something bad had happened. I prayed it had nothing to do with his documents, as a writer, your laptop could act very funny at times. You could take your time and write an article, then you wake up the next day and realize, it had vanished.

‘Oh no, this cannot be’ he rose to his feet.
‘Are you alright sir’? I asked. From the look on his face, something bad had really happened and it had nothing to do with his laptop.

‘Dara airlines, I can’t believe this’ his lips shook.

‘Oh my god, I heard about some plane crash earlier’ I recalled the words of the cab driver.

‘I lost her, I lost my baby, I lost my angel’ tears welled up in his eyes as he pointed to the laptop.

‘I’m so sorry sir’ I followed his direction and was too shocked to say a word. This wasn’t happening, i saw her face, her smile was genuine and reached her brown eyes, I saw Deji’s fiancée.

‘I was as shocked as you when I saw pictures of the victims, I had to look at her face, it’s still like a dream, how could she leave me? I planned to propose on her birthday and she left me without warning. How could Jenny do this to me’?

‘Everything would be fine sir’ I didn’t know how to comfort, I was lost, was Deji’s fiancée really dead? And was she cheating in him the whole time?
I felt bad for her, dying under such circumstance, but Deji? I felt nothing for him, if only he knew he was also played.

‘You know what Redeemed? I’ll have to travel to her town, I need to see her face, I need to be there at the burial, so fetch me the secretary quickly, let me put things in order.

‘Yes sir’ I rushed to do his bidding.
I was a bit surprised at myself, I’d expected to feel something while thinking about that bastard that fooled me, but I felt nothing, just this coldness and hatred. I sighed as I neared the secretary’s office, did that mean I was over him?
‘You have to put yourself together man, what’s happened has happened, I know this is going to be tough but you have to try’ Jake watched as his cousin wept. He had never seen Deji so broken and this made him feel pity for him. So he actually loved Jenny this much?

‘It’s not that easy Jake, she was my everything, we were supposed to marry next month, but look at what death has done.’ He cried.

‘Hey, you’re not the only one hurt here you know, I loved her too, she was an angel and perfect for you.’ Jake confessed his love openly. He’d loved Jenny from the time Deji had introduced them both, but he had never had the chance to tell her about his undying love. She had blindly fallen for Deji who played with her love, who took it for granted, now, she was lost, he would never see her again.

‘My whole world is shattered, how I’m I going to pull through this? I’m never going to see my Jenny any longer’ he fetched his phone and stared at her picture.

‘Hey, just know you’ll be fine’ Jake reached out to him.

‘I don’t know if I would be, what if I’m cursed Jake? I’ m so scared’Deji asked. What had just happened was too sudden.

‘Cursed? Why would you think that’? Jake was taken aback.

‘All those women I hurt, what if, they’d known about Jenny, what if they’d kill her just to pay me back’? Deji rubbed his chin.
Truly, he’d broken many hearts, he’d cast them aside like they were mere toys, here he was also swimming in heartbreak’s river.

‘That’s funny bro, you aren’t cursed, you’re perfectly fine, only God knows why this happened’ Jake pondered on his cousin’s words.

‘What if Redeemed killed her’? the events of that day carefully played back.

‘You really have nerves Deji. Remember you hurt that girl, you humiliated her and you now feel she had something to do with Jenny’s death’? Jake was a bit irritated.

‘What do you want me to say? Someone has to take the blame’Deji cursed.

‘I guess you’re crazy in grief, see you later’ Jake stormed out without looking back.

‘She killed my Jenny, I’m going to deal with her’ Tears fell on his cheeks.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by kingphilip(m): 6:38am On Mar 25, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Tell me y God wnt punish sum men
because some women decided to use their heart instead of their head

How could she??
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Chumzypinky(f): 6:52am On Mar 25, 2017
kingphilip:
because some women decided to use their heart instead of their head

How could she??
that was not the question i asked oo. I asked, tell me why God will not punish some men? Answer my question first
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by kingphilip(m): 7:07am On Mar 25, 2017
And Jenny was among the ten people that survived the crash sha

She just have to survive it in order to have her exposed.. But didn't her boss see her pre-wedding pix to know she's engaged??

Nice one Angelsss
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by kingphilip(m): 7:09am On Mar 25, 2017
Chumzypinky:

that was not the question i asked oo. I asked, tell me why God will not punish some men? Answer my question first
don't have answers for now sha
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Lolsd: 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
dis deji guy most be sick........y would he think riri did dat to him.? some men deserve bad things happening to dem.rubbish guy I hope jenny is life tso dat she can marry d oda guy . riri pls b strong nd don't do anything stupid cuz u deserve a beautiful life.
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by queenitee(f): 9:14am On Mar 27, 2017
Awwwn,Cheer up Riri....So sorry Jenny died but I feel no pity for Deji
Re: Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 5:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
His lips curved into a mischievous smiled as he remembered her beautiful face and curvaceous body. She was tall, slender with a beautiful skin, he knew he’d startled her, she’d gotten his attention, he loved pretty girls.

‘Father? I am here at your request’ he rapped the study twice. His father had asked to see him, it was time to lay their strategy.

‘Come in son, I’ve been waiting for you’ the chief cleared his throat. He’d been more than pleased with his son Henry, he’d convinced the Williams to sign the merger, now Sazad foods belonged to them, that wasn’t what they were after, they were after something more.

‘Everything is set, just that the old man wouldn’t be the one working with me, he wants his son to do that.’ Henry settled in a chair.

‘Would that be a problem’? his father asked.

‘Not really, I don’t like him very much and I have this feeling he’d be very nosy’ Henry replied.

‘Well, we’ll handle him later, let’s talk about the land on which Sazad foods is built’ the man fetched some papers across the table and handed them to his son.

‘This isn’t possible, there’s no proof.’ Henry tossed the document aside, he hadn’t known his father’s true intentions when they had crumbled the William’s family business.

‘Well, the document states that the land upon which Sazad’s foods is built was once a cemetery for Jane Does and John Does during the civil war, remember I’d sent spies to watch the Williams for some time, I needed to know the secret of their success’ the man paused.

‘So? How does this prove there are traces of crude oil? That’s not even possible, they would’ve known this before now’ Henry replied.

‘One of my spies was a geologist. I don’t know how he did it, but he told me he’d explored part of the land and he was sure, something good could come out of it. Let’s say there’s actually crude oil on that land, and we’re able to get it before them, tell me how rich and powerful we’ll be’? the old man lit a cigarette.

‘We’ll be invincible. Olive Groves would rise to the apex, father, this would help us conquer the whole world, but it’s not as easy as you make it sound. Many battles would be fought, you know this father’ Henry rubbed his chin thoughtfully.
Chief Tosin smiled at his favorite son, Henry was the second of his two sons, his wife was late and his firstborn was abroad, Berger Tosin was never interested in the family business, he’d always wanted to be a photographer and his father had granted him his wish.

‘Yes, there would be battles, there would be bloodshed. That’s the only way we would conquer. The Merger would last for a period of ten years, we need to buy the trust of the William’s, then we take them out, one after the other, remember, the company bears our emblem, when the law is brought into the case, she would see who the real owners are, after we show them the documents, that way, we take full possession of the land’ The chief smiled mischievously.

‘I see a loophole in your plan father. It is true, we have to shed blood, but what if we shed too much and draw attention to ourselves? I have a better idea, we manipulate them and force them to sell their company to us, that’s better than taking them all out’ Henry suggested.

‘I always knew from the day I carried you in my arms, that you’d be a wise and great man, you do me proud Henry. Keep it up’ his father rose to his feet.

‘Thanks father. So are we doing this my way’? Henry asked feeling pleased with himself.
‘No son. For any battle to be won, there must be bloodshed’ the chief replied.
‘What a man’ Henry shook his head, he wasn’t scared of shedding blood, he’d done it before and could do it again, all for power and fame.

His phone buzzed and he answered it.
‘What have you found’? he tried not to sound anxious.
‘Good day sir, I found a lot of things about her.’ His secretary replied.

‘Well be quick, I don’t have all day’
‘Her name is Redeemed Akpan and she is a writer’.
Deji had blocked me from his facebook, I felt slightly hurt about it, I wanted to check his timeline, to see if his fiancée was actually dead. What if my boss’ fiancé just had a semblance to Deji’s?

‘What are you so worked about’? Mfon strolled in with two plates of icecream.
‘Many things. I think we should reduce the way we take iccecream, it’s getting out of hand’ I declined.

‘Someone is in a very bad mood, still thinking of him’? Mfon asked, concern creased her forehead.

‘There’s been a plane crash today’ I paused.

‘Yes, I know that, did you have any relative on Dara’? she straightened.

‘No, but something weird is going on. My boss’ fiancée died on it’ I replied.
‘Poor him, that’s bad news, did you know her personally’? Mfon asked.

‘No, it’s just that, she is Deji’s fiancee’ I replied.

‘Deji’s fiancée? Seriously’? she rolled her eyes, it sounded like a joke to her.

‘Yea, she had the same eyes, nose, everything, I swear, that was Jenny and my boss called her ‘Jenny’ too. So I don’t know what to believe’ I swallowed hard.

‘Well, it could be coincidence, we both know, players hardly get played. Have you checked Deji’s end’? she asked.

‘He blocked me on facebook. I don’t know why I’m so interested in this’ I shrugged, I didn’t like Deji no more, I was just curious.

‘Well, he didn’t block me, let’s check him out’ she pulled out her phone.

‘Is this Jennifer’? she asked and offered me the phone.

‘Oh my god, she’s the one, I swear it. How is this possible? Dating two men at the same time’? I gaped.

‘I guess Deji wasn’t the only player’ Mfon scoffed.

‘I don’t feel sad or happy for him. I just pity him.’ My feelings surprised me.
‘Seriously? Well, I feel bad about the death of his ‘fiancee’ but, I think we should celebrate this, he isn’t the only heartbroken one now, he’s going to feel what you felt when he told you it was over. Now take this can of icecream and let’s lick to Deji’s heartbreak’ Mfon cheered.

‘Too bad for the player’ I sighed and picked up the icecream plate. Something else still lingered on my mind, I didn’t want to explore it, I wanted to block him out completely but the more I tried, the more I failed.

‘You’re still not okay, what’s wrong Riri’? Mfon observed me quietly.
‘I’m fine’ I lied. I just got my heart broken and I was here fantasizing about a guy I’d just seen. A rude and over confident one.

‘Spill it’ she dropped her plate and focused on me.

‘Well, this sounds crazy, I met this guy today, who’s supposed to be my new boss, he’s very cute and I think I like him’ I paused, I waited for her to caution me, but she just laughed.

‘Wow, you move fast, I like that, I’m happy you aren’t crying.’ Mfon laughed.

‘He’s really cute, cuter than that bastard that hurt me’ I blurted out.

‘Well, I guess you have a crush on this guy, just do whatever that makes you happy but be careful. Cute guys are bad guys’ she pouted.

‘Careful? I just admire him, nothing more, he’s so rude and proud. He called me a stripper today, that reminds me, did you see my boobs this morning? Why didn’t you tell me about it’? I remembered the scene at the office.
‘Oh god, she’s going to kill me’ Mfon winked and rose to her feet.

‘Why didn’t you tell me’? I shook my head.
‘Well, you wanted looking wild and changed, that’s why i let you be. You’d even painted your lips like some scarecrow, I let you be, cause it made you feel confident.’ She replied as I threw my pillow on her.

‘That’s crazy, let me pick this’ I reached for my phone and answered it.

‘Hello’ I hadn’t checked the caller’s identity. My heart raced, what if it was Deji?

‘Resume work early, dot 8 o’clock or don’t stop by’

‘Hello? Who’s this’? my heart raced. The voice was familiar, I’d heard it before. I dialed the number but the line was dead.

‘Are you okay’? Mfon asked noting the confusion on my face.

‘Yes I am’ I replied. Who was the caller? No, it couldn’t be him, Henry Oluwatosin wouldn’t call me. My eyes strayed to the mirror, I was good looking no doubt, but this was certain, I could never be his kind of girl.

‘You like this guy already’ Mfon shook her head.

‘I don’t know Mfon, I really need to see him again’. I replied. My boss had asked me to beg him for the job, now I couldn’t get him out of my mind, I had no choice, I needed to ‘beg’ him for the job.
‘Don’t dress like a stripper’ my phone buzzed again and I smiled as I read the text message.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"I'm" Or "Am" - Why Are We Such Careless Users Of The English Language? / The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. / Curious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.