Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,434 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

The Inter Galactic Wars 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Inter Galactic Wars 2 (609 Views)

Street Wars / From A Survivor Of The Roach Wars !!! ( Short Story ) / The Inter Galactic Wars 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Inter Galactic Wars 2 by tellymoore: 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
THE INTER GALACTIC WARS 2

Month : January
Year : 3820
Day : 15
Location : Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, D.C, United States of America

Dr. Wilson was at that point on his route home from the White House. He had proffered heaps of the arrangement he had pondered to the President. What he did not tell the President though was how the aliens came into existence. NASA had been experimenting with an organism prototype and the atmosphere on earth did not support it. It was advised that they send it into space and observe it, so they sent it to the nearest planet that had the potential to support life – MARS.

It was in MARS and for months, nothing happened to it, so they forgot about it there. Unknown to them, the prototype was just in the hatching stage. It hatched, started to develop and multiplied abundantly by means of binary fission. That was what the project was about. Making macro-organisms undergo binary fission. It multiplied so much to the point where Mars could not accommodate them all, and no other planet supported life order than Earth. Their brains were advanced and in no time, they had made themselves technological geniuses, all these were unaware to men. Now, they were planning on attacking their creators. The prototype was named "the SpaceWorm" then, and now, that worm is trying to eat into the earth.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/4714692_img20170106wa0016_jpege1ad459b37f6ab93d14ce5eb9b9dede5
Dr. Wilson reminded the President about the secret spacecraft that had been collectively built and financed by the 50 world’s most developed countries, "The World Fleet". Dr. Wilson told the President that this was the only craft that could fight the battle for earth. The President called for an impromptu digital conference meeting with other world leaders and asked them all to supply one skilled personnel for the ship, each country being given the role of the personnel to choose – China, Communications Personnel, Japan, Technological Personnel, United States, Tactical Personnel and so on. Nigeria was saddled with finding a captain for the ship. The ship would be ready to move in two days time. At this point, delay was dangerous.

Dr. Wilson kept a lot of secret of his own too. He did not tell the President about the new explosive device he built. The device was so strong that it could wipe out an entire planet. He had foreseen something like this, and that was why he did it. The problem is, he had connected the device to the earth’s core before going to meet the President. He knew the aliens would be brutal if they attacked earth, so he was going to give earth a choice. If they attacked, he would blow the planet to pieces so that no one would have it in the end. At least, Earth did not go down without a fight. He would have loved to destroy the aliens’ home planet with the device but it was still very unstable and cannot be taken out of earth’s atmosphere without triggering a catastrophic chain reaction back into the earth and its atmosphere.

He pulled up to the road leading to his street and saw a large group of bystanders gathered and looking at the sky. He parked his car, got partially out of it and looked skywards. He saw what they were looking at. A very large star. Well, everyone thought it was a star. He looked at the innocent people giggling and taking pictures and he shook his head. Only if they knew what was coming for them. Only if they knew.

Dr. Wilson got back into his car and started it. He activated the car phone by voice.
“Car Phone Activate”, his voice boomed.
The car phone came to life with the message, “Hello Kiel”
“Call Philip”, he commanded. The phone then dialled the number of a Philip in his phonebook.
“Hello doctor!” A voice from the other end greeted.
“Hello, Philip, how are you today?”
“Fine sir. You called. Need me for a job?”
“Actually, yes. I need you to pull up a list of respectable ship captains from Norris. I mean, space crafts. I will need to have options”
“Okay sir”
“And I want the best”
“Sir”, Philip cut in, “we both know the best of them is now self-retired”
The doctor sighed and replied. “I know. Isn’t there any way to get him back into the business?”
“I doubt it doc, but you could give it a try”
“Okay then. Send me his contact. I will try him in the morning. Got lots of workload on me right now”
“Okay doc. I will mail you”
“Thanks, Philip”

The phone sensed an end of conversation and put an end to the call. The technologies of these days though, thought the doctor. In less than a minute, the screen came alive again with a new mail notification. He knew that was from Philip – It was the Nigerian Captain’s details.
As he pulled into his garage, he made a mental note to himself to call the Captain the next morning. He had enough to chew for.

http://www.tellymoore.com/2016/11/the-inter-galactic-wars-2.html?m=1

Re: The Inter Galactic Wars 2 by tellymoore: 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2017
THE INTER GALACTIC WARS 3

Day : 16

The time was 7:06AM and the sun was beginning to reveal itself from the clouds. A body sprawled across the bed in an absurd
manner. It was a male’s body. He kept slamming his hand against the alarm clock every 10 minutes whenever it buzzes. At 7:10, the alarm clocked buzzed again. Infuriated, he threw the clock against the wall and it shattered. That was the ninth clock he had broken in just a single month, and he cannot give an account for those he had destroyed in the previous year. He loves sleeping alot, maybe that is why he retired earlier than his contemporaries to start his own firm. He heard another buzz again. He thought it was the alarm clock and jumped up from his bed only to realize it was his phone, a HexMac II. He picked up the phone and said to it, “Answer”. The call got answered automatically.

“Captain Jide”, the voice said.
Jide paused before answering,
“Yes?”
“Captain. It is Dr. Wilson. I am the—”
“Head of NASA Space Operations. I know. What do you want from me?”

Dr. Wilson was surprised at the response. It was true what he heard about the captain that he is crazily intelligent.
“Captain, we need you once again”, said the doctor.
Jide was already moving towards his kitchen's counter and picking a glass cup.
“Need me? What for?”
“I am sure you would have heard about the alien intrusion problem by now. We have a craft at hand and we are organizing the crew from all over the world. We need a captain, and I personally lobbied that the slot be given to Nigeria because of you. We need you now, Captain”.
Jide poured himself a glass of orange juice and took a sip.
“So you want me to come clean up your mess?”
“What are you insinuating, Captain?” asked a furious Kiel
“I’m not insinuating anything”, started Jide, “But we both know you have told no one else the reason why these aliens exist and were activated in the first place is because of your failed experiment”
“Excuse me?”, protested the doctor, in a fake tone of anger.
Jide took another sigh and continued.
“Sorry doc. I am not ready to come die for an unjust cause. You need to tell the world what you have done, else, I will call my President and personally ask him not to give you any country man for this cause. You have wronged the whole of Planet Earth, doc”
“I will not stand here while —–"

Jide dropped the call. He had no time for liars and government people like this, more of the reason why he retired fast. He turned to the wall in front of his room and commanded “ON”. A holographic TV appeared and it zapped itself to his favorite station, the TELLYMORE NEWS CHANNEL. A reporter was saying something.

“Last night, an unusual activity was recorded in the Earth’s north pole. According to researching eye-witnesses on the site, there was a brief flash of very bright light and then the polar caps started to melt. Late yesterday, there were reports from civilians that there was a giant and strange star sighted over the earth. It was also gathered from a source inside the White House that the head of NASA Space Operations held an impromptu meeting with the President. These have led to a lot of unanswered questions. What are they hiding from us? Are we being attacked? By whom?. This is Sade Coker, reporting live from the TELLYMORE NEWS CHANNEL”

“CLOSE”, Jide ordered.
The TV screen closed at that command. He took another sip from his drink and weighed the options. This was not a call to serve the government, he thought. This was a call to save earth. Maybe he should set aside his personal differences and go for the job. Maybe.

He looked at the phone in his hand and gave it a command.
“Dial least Number”.

http://www.tellymoore.com/2016/12/the-inter-galactic-wars-3.html?m=1

Re: The Inter Galactic Wars 2 by tellymoore: 11:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
THE INTER GALACTIC WARS 4

Day : 18
Location : World Alliance Space Technology Base, Sahara Desert

-------------------------------------------------------------

The large door opened and a host of forty-nine people came jogging through neatly. Each of them were clad in Military Space Gears, with each bearing a country logo on the breast of their space suits. In their hands were helmets with back-head connection to oxygen tubes and large boots graced their legs. They were marching towards the largest, most sophisticated, most expensive and most deadly space-craft the world has ever seen, The World Fleet Express.

The World Fleet Express is a magnificent sight to behold, and if not for the nature of the mission, each and everyone of them would have stopped to look at it and soak in the awesomeness it drips. It was as large as anything they had ever seen. It had ten jet propulsion engines in present use, and had another five for auxiliary use, to be used in a situation when one is faulty. It had seventy rooms in all, and also possessed seventy escape pods. It also had enough storage facility to house the resources for the seventy, up till about a hundred days. The technology on the bridge of the ship was one of a kind which is powered by a general nuclear reactor. Since the fuel was generated internally, there is little or no dependence at all on external fuel. For its size, it has a pretty great speed too. The defence system on the ship is also amazingly strong. It has lots of firepower enough to wipe out an entire fleet in minutes. Lots of billions of dollars had gone into the making of this ship, but no one would have thought it would be for a reason like this.Well, maybe Dr. Kiel Wilson is an exception.

In no time, they were at the base, still jogging till they heard a loud “Halt”. They all stopped and watched their Captain walk towards them.

He was a fairly tall and dark man who would be in his late thirties. The stars on his shirt depicted that this was not the first he would be serving in this capacity. His flag-spot was coloured green, white and green, the Nigerian colours. His name boldly written on the name-tag – Captain Jide. He kept walking towards them and when he got closer, he began to talk.

“Ladies and Gentlemen of The Force, we are here today not for the sake of ourselves, but for the sake of our planet. We have been threatened with total annihilation just because we chose to be a peaceful planet. We have been threatened to be driven from our own homes by creatures that do not know what a home feels like. We have been faced with a tough choice to destroy or get destroyed. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Earth has been our home for centuries. Our fathers have protected it and its now time to protect it for our children also. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is unlike any other war you have ever fought, or any you have ever heard of. This is not man against man, this is man against highly intelligent bunch of "green idiots." This is man against aliens. We have to fight till the last blood has been drained from our veins. We have to fight till we get tired, and then still keep fighting. We have to go on and defend the earth. WE MUST NOT LOSE. There are no take back sees. If anyone wants to leave this war, now is the time. This is an indefinite war. No one knows when it will end. We do this in one accord. We do this for the planet, EARTH”.

He ended his speech with claps, hoots and screams from around. He commanded the people to march into the ship. They were 50 in all. 10 were administrative members, 5 medical personnels, 15 crew members and the remaining 20 are soldiers trained in space warfare, each supplied by different countries but communicate with English. The door to the World Fleet closed and it started with a loud bang. The earth shook as its first burst of hot air hit the ground. With a large effort, it started its journey towards space as it rose from the ground.

The Space Base was isolated save for the professionals working there. It was a sight to behold, to see the World Fleet sail on motion for the first time was surprising, but they were not joyous about it. They might never see it again. They might never even see any of the crew members again. The fate of Planet Earth depended upon them. Whatever happened on the course of this journey would determine history. If they succeed, history would sing about them as the heroes of earth. If they failed, well, there would be no one to write or read the history. The earth would be shattered.

http://www.tellymoore.com/2016/12/the-inter-galactic-wars-4.html?m=1

Re: The Inter Galactic Wars 2 by tellymoore: 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
THE INTER GALACTIC WARS 5

Day : 18

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The WorldFleet Express began its movement into space. Due to the amount of propulsion engines it had, it was no problem for it to tear through the atmosphere to gain entrance into space. No
sooner had they entered the orbital atmosphere than a ray hit them. Everyone who were just assuming their duty posts after stabilization were shaken. Everyone was thrown here and there.

“What just happened?”, asked the captain.
“I’m checking my logs and radar, sir”, replied Hank, an Indian, who was in charge of Satellite and Radar. In less than five minutes, he seemed to have identified what happened.
“Sir, we were just hit by an enemy ray, a type as that first discovered by the doctor”
“What’s the ship’s status report?”, he further probed
“Our shield’s at 95% sir. It was targeted at one of our reactors but it missed as we we’re not fully in their orbital path, sir”
“Can you get a clear view of where their ship’s located?”
“Yes sir. They’re just a few miles away sir, and they brought only one ship”
“One ship?”, inquired the captain, confused
Hank pressed a few screens here and there, then nodded his head to confirm what the captain asked. Jide turned to Doubois, the Cameroonian in charge of travels and jumps.
“Doubois, plot a course to take us out of the path of the enemy”

At this point, the co-captain of the ship, James (American), interjected
“Captain, why do we need to get out of here? We have the firepower to conquer this ship. We conquer it and take it for ourselves. We might even learn a thing or two from the ship”
“No, Jim, not at all”, Jide began, “this is all some sick trick they’re trying to play on us. They can’t have only one ship. Not possible at all. They’re trying to lure us into a trap”
“What if they’ve got only one ship?”, blasted the co-captain
“They don’t”, Jide replied
“And how do you know that?”, he retorted

Jide didn’t reply the last question. He had no time for people like this.
“Sir”, Hank panicked, “we have another ray coming towards us”
He rose instantly and turned to Doubois
“Doubois, do you have a path planned?”
“Yes sir”, Doubois started, “one goes north and the other south”
“Which planet’s north and which is south?”, asked the captain
“Venus to the North, Mars to the south sir”
“Hank, check the conditions of Venus for me”

Hank keyed in some commands and a bright display of the planet Venus came on
“Sir, its not safe right now. Venus us experiencing one of its violent storms right now. Taking the ship near that might corrupt all our nuclear power and disrupt the electricity to the ship. That spells doom for us”
“So you mean we either risk losing the ship in Venus or going towards Mars and getting attacked?”
“Yes sir. That’s what I’m saying”

The captain was in a tight place here. Both ways, they were going to get into trouble.
“Sir. Its gonna hit us in thirty seconds”, cried Hank.
The captain still said nothing. All eyes were on him.
“Aren’t you gonna decide something”, asked Jim, furiously.
Jide shot him a scornful look.
“Twenty seconds, sir”, announced Hank.
“Hank, Stop!”, protested the captain, “you’re not making me think here”
“Sorry sir”

The time seemed to be moving slowly. There were two deadly choices here. The ship would be badly damaged in Venus. They couldn’t stay here around Earth’s atmosphere as they would be attacked continuously by this lone ship, and traveling into Mars might just be a trap.

“Sir”, shouted Doubois, “there’s a meteor belt around Mars right now. I can set coordinates for the area. We’ll be a little safe behind the belt. It’ll conceal us for a little while”
“What’s the downside?”, asked the Captain
“Well, we could get hit by meteors, but I trust that with your navigation skills, you should be able to get us out”
“Ten seconds”, shouted an impatient Hank
“Doubois, set course for the meteor belt right now”

Doubois started to enter the coordinates. There was a click sound and the jump reactors sprung to life.

The ship managed to jump just in time to escape the full impact of the ray. It just grazed the ship’s mast, reducing its shield by about one percent. Captain Jide looked back just to see that the ray had hit earth. He blamed himself. He should have ordered it to be defused with a shot from their own ship before the jump. He had made a tough call, and a mistake too, and he promised himself he wasn’t going to make such anymore.

He held on to the rails for support as the jump occurred. In about fifteen seconds, they arrived in a region of multiple rocks floating around haphazardly. Beyond the rocks could be seen the real battleground, the one they were reluctant to come to but have found themselves in by a silly twist of fate and threat of life. They are in MARS

http://www.tellymoore.com/2016/12/the-inter-galactic-wars-5.html?m=1

Re: The Inter Galactic Wars 2 by tellymoore: 11:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
THE INTER GALACTIC WARS 6

Day : 21

---------------------------------------------------------------
For three days, the crew from WorldFleet Express were busy strategising their next move. They had a good vantage position, behind the meteor rocks, although they had to always move constantly to avoid collision with the fast-paced moving rocks, plus they
got hit multiple times. Captain Jide, his assistant James and other board members were in the sixth meeting in three days and they still had no idea on how to successfully launch an attack on the planet. They had no idea of what it currently looked like or where exactly to attack. They were at a loss on all sides. In one of the meetings, it was unanimously decided that someone should take one of the smaller spy ships on board and go scout out the planet.

The stealth ship was recommended as it wouldn’t be discovered on the radar. Captain Jide knew this was a good plan, maybe the only plan they could follow to achieve something reasonable but the question is – who would volunteer to go?Actually, that was not the main question on his mind. He knew that if he announced that to the general populace on the ship, several people would offer to go, but what was really holding him back was the thought that he would be sending such a person to his or her own death, as that looked like a suicide mission, one small ship in the midst of the numerous giants owned by the Martians. He had a conscience, and he should not have taken this job in the first place, he thought.

Standing in the Captain’s box, overlooking operations and seeing everyone working and pacing around frantically, trying to get things done and not make mistakes, he made a decision within himself. Looking round, he quietly slipped away from the bridge of the ship and entered the mini-elevator. He punched the number 2, which was the Technical Department. In no time, the elevator hissed open again and he stepped onto the neat silver-panelled floor. He walked across the room, returning salutes to officers who had never thought they would see the captain and avoided eye contact with everyone. In no time, he reached the end of the room. He turned down the alley, descended a flight of stairs and got to a door. He offered his voice to be recognized by the machine, had his eye scanned and the door hissed open, loudly. He looked round once again to make sure no one was watching, stepped in, and the door closed behind him.

The room was where all mini spacecrafts were kept, ranging from the Stealth Dragons to the Escape Pods (nicknamed ‘squirrel’ for their speed). He looked around and found a suitable Stealth Dragon and started it up. He entered the emergency override codes for the hatch door to open, and it did swiftly. Immediately, the walls of the WorldFleet started to blink red and an automated voice was heard saying,“Unauthorized Personnel aboard ship.. Unauthorized personnel aboard ship”. It was said rightly, because a captain was not meant to be the one doing this, but does he really have a choice?

He fired up the engines and started speeding towards the hatch door, floating off the ground of the ship. Immediately the emergency warning started, the opened hatch door started to close. He increased his speed the more. He knew if he did not get out, his crew members would hold him back when they see him. He had to get out now. He intensified his speed. The hatch door closed the more. He was nearly there, and the hatch door was nearly closed to the height of his ship. With as much determination as he started, he changed gears and activated the ship’s turbo and with a blast, sped past the closing door, scratching some parts of it as well as some parts of the neatly silvered floor. He was out into space, all alone. In the rear-view mirror of his ship, he saw the door to the room open and some soldiers trooped in. Seconds later, the hatch door closed. He was now all alone.

He switched off the communications link to the main ship so as not to get bothered by anyone on there and started off towards the planet Mars. As an experienced space-driver, it did not take time to manoeuvre through the various meteors till he dropped into the open space. He followed the orbital path a little to save fuel and then started treading the dark areas to avoid being seen. In about twenty minutes, he saw Mars in front of him. He intensified his efforts and drove closer. What he saw really terrified him. It was like Mars had already won the war before it started. They had hundreds of battle ships at their disposal, all lit up by some green color. That has to be their army color, he thought. He killed the engine of his ship as well as its lights and started to guide his ship slowly near to the planet itself. He was going to learn as much as possible on how to defeat them.

He floated around the main action packed areas, the forefront that faced earth, and saw that behind the planet, there was no army whatsoever there. Only the front was guarded. He was still stealthily floating around when his radar caught something. It was like a field, like a Chemical Field. He activated his ship’s Super Lens and zoomed in to see what it was, and as soon as he saw it, he nearly exclaimed. It was ————–

He was about to scream for joy about his discovery when his radar started frantically again. He looked at it, looked forward and realized that he was doomed, or nearly doomed. Three Martian ships were speeding towards him. Adrenaline kicked into his blood instantly, as he powered up the ship again. He turned back and started speeding away from the Martian fighter ships. He ran, they pursued, and they shot. He dodged most of the enemy rays, and most times fell into others. His shields were dwindling too.

They were in hot pursuit for about ten minutes when he saw his turbo counter blinking green. He smashed his palm against it and the turbo was activated, giving him maximum speed. He looked back and saw that he had lost them. He smiled at himself, but that smile did not last long. Out of nowhere, they emerged again, with their own green turbo trailing. He looked at the turbo meter and saw it was still red. He hit “Charge” and started to run again. He would have thought that he should lose them before going back to his ship but since his home was not space, he had no idea where to run to. He activated his Communications Link and in an instant, Hank came on screen.

“Hank”, Jide screamed.
“Captain”, Hank retorted, looking up and giving a salute, “we have been worried about you. Where have you been?”
“I went to scout the Martians. They are on my trail. Pull my co-ordinates and get me back to the ship”
“Sir. I am sorry I cannot beam you up right now, you are too far apart”, Hank gushed out, obviously contrived and working at his computer.
“Get me James, right now”, Jide commanded.
Before Hank could turn, James showed up behind him.
“Captain. What is the matter?”, asked James
“I am in the middle of a gunfight and chase, and I am losing on both counts, I want you to command the crew exactly as I ask, said the Captain to James. Are you ready?”
“Yes, Cap, what do you need?”, asked James, taking his position as acting Captain.
“Who is in charge of weapons?”, the Captain asked
“It's Samgee”
“Tell him to shoot a long distance missile at these bastards on my trail. Ask him to activate the speed function and give it the highest speed ever.”
“Right away captain”.
James accessed Samgee via a tab and went the message. Samgee replied that he was on it. In less than twenty seconds, a long range missile left the WorldFleet Express.

Jide was still about three minutes from the ship when he saw the missile coming. He kept his speed up and was partly happy that he was going to get rid of them. The missile headed straight for one of the three Martian ships, but what Jide saw nearly made him pee on his pant. He had never seen anything like that. Even those in The WorldFleet watching through the main screen were amazed. THE MARTIAN SHIP DODGED THE MISSILE.

That was one of the most impossible things to ever do. Everyone gasped, even James. The captain, although daunted, summoned up courage and thought up new ways to escape this threat he had gotten himself into.

http://www.tellymoore.com/2016/12/the-inter-galactic-wars-6.html?m=1

Re: The Inter Galactic Wars 2 by tellymoore: 11:50pm On Jan 08, 2017
THE INTER GALACTIC WARS 7

Day : 21

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jide started to think back and forth for possible options on how to evade his newly-found enemies. He was the only one that now had information on how to destroy the aliens, and he was not going to let them kill him before he could tell it to his crew. The Martian ships on his tail were already getting closer to him and he had to do something. He looked in the Stealth Dragon’s rear-view mirror and discovered that they had both aligned to a single line to gain acceleration and attack him, then an IDEA hit him.

“Hank”, he called.
“Sir”, replied the Indian
“Command Samgee to fire two missiles at me, each having a time interval of only five seconds”, he commanded.
“Sir?”, asked James, confused.
“You heard me right”, said the Captain, “do it now”
“But you will get yourself killed”, replied James
“That is not your problem right now. Your problem is making sure these green idiots don’t get to know where our ship is and I am trying to make sure they do not. Do not question my authority. This is not a statement. Its an order. Relay my message to Samgee, NOW!”

The co-captain and Hank saw that there was no reason to argue with the captain and sent the instructions to Samgee. In less than 30 seconds, two missiles had left the WorldFleet Express and was heading in the direction of the captain’s ship. Everyone back at the WorldFleet Express were watching, some with tears in their eyes, as the missiles were heading towards the captain and three alien ships.

In less than a minute, Jide saw the missiles from afar. He looked at his rear-view once again and saw that the alien ships were now closer to him. He checked his Turbo and saw that it was now fully charged. Then he started to slow down. Everyone was amazed. Why is he slowing down again now?

As he slowed down, the aliens moved closer to him while the missile raced closer from the front. He kept on slowing down while maintaining a suitable velocity to achieve maximum momentum. At this point, it was only a matter of seconds before the aliens caught up with him and the missile arrived. He kept on with the slow speed. Everyone back at the main ship were already expecting the inevitable. This would be the fall of Captain Babatunde Olajide. He had served his planet well, dying in its defence.

"10 seconds to Rear Impact, Evade! Evade!! Evade!!!",
beeped an alarm in the Captain’s ship. His plan was going according to the way he thought. His thoughts were to pull it off. He counted to seven, slapped his palm against the turbo button and swerved to the right. The speed in which he did it stunned everyone — both the aliens and his crew members. Everyone did not expect what happened next.

The missiles that had been travelling straight to the captain’s ship crashed into the oncoming aliens, resulting into a chain of crashes. Four loud bangs followed each other successively and the Space-Screen went blank, be-clouded with thick smoke. Everyone went mute again. Light sobs could be heard from the more sympathetic females and some groans could be heard from the male counterparts, Captain Olajide has fallen.

A speeding Stealth Dragon emerged from within the large cloud of Smoke. It bore the Blue Mark. Its Captain Olajide’s ship. Everyone jumped up for joy, screamed and hooted.
“Good job, Captain”, said James on the Inter-Com when a connection was established.
“Thanks James”, replied the Captain, full of smiles,“open the hatch door for me and ready the cabinet members. I know how to take these pieces of shit down. We go to war. TODAY!”

More shouts and hoots could be heard in the background as the captain shut off the Inter-Com and concentrated more on his driving. Today, either they conquer Mars or Mars conquers them. Today marks the end of the war.

http://www.tellymoore.com/2016/12/the-inter-galactic-wars-7.html?m=1

Re: The Inter Galactic Wars 2 by tellymoore: 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2017
THE INTER GALACTIC WARS 8

Month: January
Year: 3820
Days: 22-25

----------------------------------------------------------------
The hatch door was opened as Jide approached the mother ship, a large number of his crew were visible as they stood at careful positions ready to receive their captain, when suddenly an almost invisible and definitely unexpected fireball came from an incoming alien fighter ship. Samgee who was also in a joyful mood suddenly ran towards the commuters when he saw the red alerts from where he stood, he punched some codes and the lone computer on the table came back alive from its hibernate mood, and displayed a visual of a fireball approaching Jide's stealth dragon, he panicked and ran towards another system which controls the ship's weapons and launched two shots, making sure they were right after each other. Whatever Samgee was thinking, he definitely should not have taken any action without orders from either the captain or his second-in-command.

Hank and the awaiting crew did not realise there was trouble until they saw two missiles running from their ship towards Jide's stealth dragon, then Jide, who still did not believe what was happening, but could see something approaching him from afar looked at his rear mirror and saw the threat of an incoming alien ship coming for him.
Jide in no time understood he had to dodge the incoming missiles, he guessed the missiles were 20secs away from him since he had gone through the manual and studied some of the systems and operations of the mother ship.
"one,two,three" Jide started a count down, Hank and the awaiting crew were totally not stable as the whole scene was so unexpected,"
"eighteen, nineteen", Jide sprung into action, he jeared up the stealth dragon with all his strength, the stealth dragon with an almost unnoticeable change in position dodged the incoming missile and took a head jam with the fire ball. In no time, another explosion was heard as the incoming alien ship ran into the second missile.

Jide headed straight for d mother ship and as soon as he was in the hatch door, he shut it. Hank and the crew rushed to him and took him out of the ship, he was half dead as he just experienced the unbelievable, Captain Jide quickly gained consciousness and rushed to the control room. Hank and the crew ran after him, Samgee was not sure as he stood with captain Jide right in front of him, with fear and uncertainty, Samgee let the words out
"captain, I know..." he was yet to finish his first statement when Jide cut in.
"Samgee, thank you " he took a short pause like the words were too small to express how he felt, "for saving my life", he concluded and gave Samgee a big hug with tears almost flowing out of his eyes.

Jide slowly released Samgee satisfied, Hank and the crew clapped happily with so much joy in their heart, Jide then cut in
"now I understand we all have to work together as one, for the earth's mortality is left in our hands, We, with unity shall assure its continuity or with division, cause its end" Jide looked as if searching if anyone had any objection,then with satisfaction continued,
"I could not risk any of you for the spy mission. If there was actually anyone to take the risk, then I should be the first on the list, and I bring us hope".
Hank moved closer because he believed they had been without hope, so if one is here, then its worth listening to.
"I was in their world, I saw their weapons, waters, fields, power plants and their station" he looked at Hank for any sign of expectation on his face",
If I was going to be paralysed for a mission, I would say you take power from my hands and I will be so lost.
So,I say we take out Their power" Hank with a partially positive look cuts in
,"how"? he asked without thinking if he actually wanted to ask and would like to have a positive answer.
Jide answered without any sign of doubt
"I would say we take out their power plant as a distraction but their power station is our main target, then we launch full attack on them.

Now everyone seemed confused because Captain Jide has not answered the question to their satisfaction "we have drones on this ship, but out there, they won't last or survive for too long. I have seen how those green idiots attacks and it is not to be taken with light fingers".
Samgee broke his silence "what is your plan sir?" he asked with a calm look on his face
"we will have to split into two groups, the drones being the third group, some of the willing crew and I will go out with dragon stealths, we take the power station while the drones will be programmed to attack full the power plants, then the third group on the ship will launch full attack on Mars and everything on it" Jide looked at them to see if he had just made any sense atall "the attack must kick off any minute from now, because we have to take them unaware", Jide said.

There was silence but was broken when Hank spoke 'I am in captain", there was a questionnaire look on everyone's face, and what Jide hoped for came, "I'm in, I'm in..." Jide looked from one person to the other and they responded positively with a nod. He finished his speech by saying, "thanks everyone, now let us split, thirty with me to attack the power station, the remaining ten on board to attack the martian's territory when they are really unbalanced, and the drones take the power plant first"
"Hank, you will be in charge of the mother ship, can I have my 29 men?", Captain Jide said.
Hank stood apart as some of the crew walked up to jide and stood with him until just Hank, Samgee and eight other crew members were standing apart.

Jide then gave orders, Samgee powered the drones and programmed them for the mission, Jide and his crew were set, each beside a stealth dragon, the hatch door was opened and the drone ships stormed out in their hundreds, Jide and his crew watched them leave and saluted as if they had pilots in them to receive it
Jide looked up and said "God bless this day, my brothers, we have come this far,and I believe as a "JOINT CREW", success is ours, you are the most reasonable partners I have ever worked with in such a dangerous mission, you are great men of honour and with this pride, we, as honoured men shall not fall. We ride into victory and victory is ours".
All with courage and a brave heart clapped and boarded their ships, Jide went first and they all followed, the drones were twenty minutes away and should have started causing distraction already

The shaft was closed, Hank and the other crew took their positions
"Hank, we are almost there, be ready any time soon. I will call you in.
Hank without any smile replied, yes...... sir, be safe".
Definitely, the plan worked as there were no Martian ships around,
"Every one ready to fire on my count... one... two...three, fire"
missiles were launched and lots of damages were caused on the power station.
"now brothers, fire as much as you can, we have to erase this place",
"yes captain" their response came in and shots followed, the Martians must have been drawn back by the explosions, some of them came in and fired back .."let them feel your full wrath" Jide shouted as he turned and faced the Martians,
the drones came storming them from behind, the big war has started just like that, the drone helped taking out Martians the more,
"Hank, do you copy?" Hank who has been waiting for a call jumped, "yes captain", he listened closely
"you are on" Jide continued.

Hank and his crew kicked to action, the mother ship approached Martians and released giant missiles on them, Samgee did not let a moment bore him as he stormed the Martians with heavy shots...the Martians were going down the more; for them, the attack was so unexpected, they were really surprised and unprepared, Jide and his crew had the upper hand until suddenly, a stealth dragon ship took a hit and was going down, it was Stampley's stealth dragon,
'noooo' Jide screamed, as he saw the stealth dragon going down, it was badly damaged, Jide felt like it was all over for them, he looked around at other stealths dragon as they fought hard avoiding fireballs.

At this point, Hank and the other crew arrived the scene, what ever this was, the Martians were not expecting it either, its first shot completely erased the power station, followed by several shots, the missiles did not just take the Martian ship out, it followed them round, even when they dodged and destroyed them.
Now, more Martians were going down, and they were reducing greatly.
Jide and his crew fought hard until the Martians were completely erased.
Jide floated down to look for Stampley, together with his crew, they searched everywhere until they found some parts of his ship,"alive or dead", they slowly approached his ship, and there he laid.
Jide rushed towards him, pulled him out of the badly damaged stealth, positioned him well and with tears in his eyes closed his eyes,"he's gone" he whispered.
The other crew took off their caps and bowed sorrowfully, Jide could not let go, Hank came forward and took Stampley from him, Samgee assisted in lifting his body.
They boarded the mother ship and called in the remaining drones, the crew from the WorldFleet Express all silently went back to planet earth, although victorious, they wished they never had to lose anyone.....

As their arrival was announced, Dr Kiel Wilson and the president of the United States, Nigeria, China, and many other countries received them.
Jide jumped out of the ship and grabbed Dr Kiel roughly, "those bastards you raised killed him", he yelled with his eyes full of rage, some soldiers rushed him and separated him from Kiel.
Kiel felt so remorseful as Stampley's body was brought out from the ship, everyone took their caps off, bowed sorrowfully.
Kiel had narrated how the Martians came to be and the president had considered his efforts to erase them and pardoned him, but he lost his position as head of Space Communications and Research Technology Department, he was given a retirement option which he had no choice than to accept.
Stampley was given an honourable burial ceremony, his wife and children were awarded.
Jide returned to Nigeria with his president after he and his crew were given a big victory party and rewarded greatly for a war well fought.

Year. : 3820
Day. : 26

--------------------------------------------------------------

An old man walks in, with his short and a cup of coffee in his hand, he sits on the three-sitter couch,
"power up TV ", he said, adjusting himself to a more comfortable position, the TV hissed on just seconds after, "password" the TV voiced back, it looked as though it's the Captain's first time, "you should recognise my voice damn machine!!", he had a straight look on his face probably ready to pounce on the TV,
"voice recognition mood is off, password please!" the TV replied him, at this point, Jide relaxed and honestly apologised like the TV ever cared,
"I'm sorry, I forgot I turned that off....LOVOFLEX", he said after a five seconds pause.
The TV displayed something meaningful this time, "channel 28", Jide now more relaxed listened to the news".
God! these idiots keep doing things, they are yet to understand that anytime they try and do what they call "building a better world, they pronounce their extinction", Jide at his 70'S takes another sip from his cup
"anyway, who would ring an old man like me for another death mission, such deserves an old man's fists", he concluded.

THE END!

http://www.tellymoore.com/2016/12/the-inter-galactic-wars-8.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Roy Coal / 2018 Edition Of Nigerian Christian Literature Award Opens For Christian Writers / -----

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.