Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,574 members, 7,823,496 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi (26195 Views)

Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Favour Afolabi: The Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari [MUST READ] / Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by AntiWailer: 9:05am On Jan 09, 2017
Lol.

I know the Islamization team will jump on this beat.

GEJ signed the law.

So did the Govt influence who they handed over to?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by lonelydora: 9:05am On Jan 09, 2017
Ok
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by bettercreature(m): 9:06am On Jan 09, 2017
Zamfaran:
This is trash.
I don't like the dullard but if he starts taxing these bunch of scammers then I will give him my vote come 2019
There is sense in your post,The part i love in this law is where it said the new norminated head MUST NOT BE THEIR FAMILY MEMBER
This men have turned churches to their personal property
All the schools belong to them,the hospital and many other church properties that were built with tithe
If you dont like this law your stewpid!
God is GOD we dont want a mini god

3 Likes

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 09, 2017
Who is the head of the Church?

Human beings....or God?

1 Like

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by takenadoh: 9:07am On Jan 09, 2017
i thought the law was done in 2011

anyway I don't think its good to "regulate" Churches since they aren't businesses.

1 Like

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by chemali: 9:08am On Jan 09, 2017
The writer of this article is a clown

2 Likes

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by Jacko1(m): 9:08am On Jan 09, 2017
Such news as sad as it is

Is also relieving

When 2015 elections abi dat buhari vs jonathan ish

Afonjas wer united to ensure jonathan neva rules... Because ebele isbin his name

And he is not an inch ibo

Am so happy the turn of events... Buhari deal with afonjas well well

But till tomorrow that backstabbing.... Traitor blood will forever run in selfish afonjas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by AntiWailer: 9:10am On Jan 09, 2017
takenadoh:

anyway I don't think its good to "regulate" Churches since they aren't businesses.

They are registered entities

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by rusher14: 9:12am On Jan 09, 2017
Jacko1:
Such news as sad as it is

Is also relieving

When 2015 elections abi dat buhari vs jonathan ish

Afonjas wer united to ensure jonathan neva rules... Because ebele isbin his name

And he is not an inch ibo

Am so happy the turn of events... Buhari deal with afonjas well well

But till tomorrow that backstabbing.... Traitor blood will forever run in selfish afonjas

But he won in 2011.

Was his name Enitan then?

9 Likes

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by adem30: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2017
YouthsPC0:
Before you comment on this thread answer this question

1. which Muslim leader will be affected by this law with the exception of Elzakzaky which the government of Sheik Buhari wants to destroy

2. When did Buhari become the Holy spirit who decides who should lead the church and for how long

3. Does this laws strips Christians of the opportunity to determine how they wish to be led

4. How many imams will yield to any law of succession in their mosques contrary to Qur'anic prescriptions

When I told people that Osinbajo is useless when it comes to protecting the church and defending the its rights many did not believe , Southern Kaduna Christians who were massacred over 800 of them in one night is a clear example

May God intervene in Nigeria In Jesus Name

Weeps

Do your self a favor by answering these questions

1. Which year was the Law made? was it not in 2011?

2. Who was the President then? Was it not GEJ?

3. Who make Law in Nigeria and amend Laws? Was it not the Legislators?

4. Where were the Christian House of Rep and Senators when these laws were been passed?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by transient123(m): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2017
Now, I know there is brain drain in Nigeria. Who made this law, this administration or previous ones? And is this law not meant for NGOs, who are entrusted with public funds just like the mosques and church. A mosque or church involves in businesses e. G schools, so they must pay tax and change leadership in the form of an NGO.

How can you control millions of public money and sit on it.
Perhaps we should tell dangote to build a mosque and register all his companies under the mosque to fleet both government and the public.

This guy need hot slap for this nonsense write up.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by jimbson: 9:19am On Jan 09, 2017
Zamfaran:
This is trash.
I don't like the dullard but if he starts taxing these bunch of scammers then I will give him my vote come 2019

I percieve u r a muslim... Smh
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by rusher14: 9:19am On Jan 09, 2017
From most of the responses here already I can see Nigerians are beginning to apply rational thinking in public discourse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by PHIPEX(m): 9:20am On Jan 09, 2017
One thing I know about this law is that it'll reduce the incentive to open new churches as we currently see. I blame the extravagant life style of our pastors for this law. How can you have multiple jets and refuse to pay tax. If they had used these money to help the poor, the masses would have come in their defence in times like this.

Everyone is indifferent because most Nigerian Christians are hungry and whether these pastors stay or leave doesn't affect their bank account

2 Likes

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by dvee2: 9:21am On Jan 09, 2017
Your Crass hatred for Buhari will not let u research that the law was passed under GEJ.
Thank God El zazzaky was Muslim you would have blamed his ordeal on Buharis agenda to islamise Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by michoim(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2017
This article is nothing but a campaign by Buhari haters, a campaign of calumny,a campaign by religious bigots. If you are asked to step down as a leader, are you ask to stop preaching or ministrations ?This is what Jesus said when he was on earth, he said the son of man do not come to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for others. As far as am concern it is God that is using the govt. to make the ministers of God concentrate on their primary assignments of winning souls and not on administrative matters of who and who is Daddy G.O.
The same law on leadership is applicable to banks; not only on churches; if any mosque is registered under Nigeria law the same is applicable. There is no exception.
So do not misguide people with your myopic views, treacherous imaginations of divisions and elemental religious sentiments that offers nothing but strife among the peace living populace.

Moreover all those G.O. you mentioned won't they grow old and die one day? Won't someone be needed to replace them?

3 Likes

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by ayindejimmy(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2017
takenadoh:

They ain't business?!

What your definition of what is business?

Churches make profits - that's business

1 Like

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by kagel: 9:23am On Jan 09, 2017
ALTERNATEID:

When was the law establishing the FRCN passed?

The problem with people like you and the author of this trash is crass ignorance burn out of hatred for the president. Buhari has nothing to to with the law that stipulates that leaders of registered NGO's cannot lead the organisation for more than 20 years, the law was passed before he became president.

When Soludo was CBN governor, he pushed for a similar legislation that prohibits managing directors of banks from staying in office for more than 10 years. It is not a big deal or targeted at any religion like myopic minds like you guys want us to believe.

GOOD ANSWER! IF THE BILL WAS PASSED BEFORE PMB CONTESTED AS A PRESIDENT,IS WELL EXPLAINED BUT MY OWN QUESTIONS TO YOU IS WHY PRESIDENT GOVOURNOR SENATORS ETC THEY EXEMPTED?
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2017
Emekamex:

Your brain should be used in making ewedu as it is currently a waste of human matter.
Who go eat am

1 Like

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by davies123: 9:24am On Jan 09, 2017
hannyjay:
Trash frm a useless pegan. As a true christian iam 100 per cent behind BUHARI

This for people like you and for all doubters...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbkl1yViatQ
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by ALTERNATEID: 9:26am On Jan 09, 2017
kagel:

GOOD ANSWER! IF THE BILL WAS PASSED BEFORE PMB CONTESTED AS A PRESIDENT,IS WELL EXPLAINED BUT MY OWN QUESTIONS TO YOU IS WHY PRESIDENT GOVOURNOR SENATORS ETC THEY EXEMPTED?

Can you please reframe your question?

1 Like

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by ChessEnthusiast: 9:28am On Jan 09, 2017
rusher14:

But he won in 2011.
Was his name Enitan then?
LMAO Wicked!

1 Like

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by chuose2: 9:29am On Jan 09, 2017
NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS! YOU HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT BY ADEBOYE & REDEEMED!

THESE ARE THE REASONS!

1] HE GAVE HIS BLESSINGS TO APC THAT IS A KNOWN ISLAMIC PARTY AND BUHARI THAT WANTS SHARIA LAW!
JESUS WILL NEVER GIVE HIS BLESSING TO A JIHADI!

NOW THE NORTH WANTS TO ISLAMATIZE NIGERIA

2] THEY HAVE BEEN KILLING CHRISTIANS AND ADEBOYE DOES NOT CARE, INSTEAD HE TALKS TITHES & OFFERINGS

3] YESTERDAY A VIDEO SURFACED SHOWING THAT ADEBOYE HAS BEEN MEETING WITH MOSLEMS OUTSIDE NIGERIA TO
MERGE THE TWO RELIGIONS CHRISTIANITY & ISLAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY

4] PASTOR BOSUN EMMANUEL WARNED NIGERIANS ABOUT APC & BUHARI, BUT ADEBOYE SHUT HIM DOWN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ

YOU NEED TO TAKE A STAND OR CHRISTIANITY WILL BE SWEPT AWAY IN NIGERIA!

ADEBOYE AND CO, DO NOT CARE ONCE THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY
angry

1 Like

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by traeces(m): 9:35am On Jan 09, 2017
op you are allowing sentiments becloud your judgements
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by transient123(m): 9:36am On Jan 09, 2017
ALTERNATEID:

Can you please reframe your question?

I thought I was the only one who couldn't make any Jack sense from the question.

Chairman, for the umpteenth time, cool down and rephrase as advice.

2 Likes

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by ayindejimmy(m): 9:36am On Jan 09, 2017
9jakohai:
Who is the head of the Church?

Human beings....or God?

Good question!

1 Kings 18:22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.

But God said,

1 Kings 19:18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

God is never in short of prophets or religious leaders, it's we humans that create that allusion

2 Likes

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by Adekunleideology(m): 9:37am On Jan 09, 2017
YouthsPC0:
Before you comment on this thread answer this question

1. which Muslim leader will be affected by this law with the exception of Elzakzaky which the government of Sheik Buhari wants to destroy

2. When did Buhari become the Holy spirit who decides who should lead the church and for how long

3. Does this laws strips Christians of the opportunity to determine how they wish to be led

4. How many imams will yield to any law of succession in their mosques contrary to Qur'anic prescriptions

When I told people that Osinbajo is useless when it comes to protecting the church and defending the its rights many did not believe , Southern Kaduna Christians who were massacred over 800 of them in one night is a clear example

May God intervene in Nigeria In Jesus Name

Weeps
Op this is really absurd. please stop quoting rubbish statistics ! How can you dare say 800 christians were slaughtered in 1 night in southern kaduna... According to security reports from southern kaduna it was only 19 people that were killed and it was not even a religious strife but communal clashes among communities.. We should be wary of what we post on here and not create division along ethnic and division lines !

1 Like

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 09, 2017
olasmith10:
Before opening a thread aimed at rubbishing a particular government, its very sinful not doing a background check of what led to this.. Bearing it in mind that it didn't happen out of the blues, it was a process that snow-balled to this status-quo..

Please take a look at what the law said..remember as insubstantial our law is, its still the law guiding us..Before a law/act is been promulgated, it can still be repelled, but immediately its been promulgated, it becomes a law to guide!!!

The Law

The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) of Nigeria, Code of Corporate Governance, took effect from Monday, October 17, 2016. The aspect of the law, Non-For-Profit Organisations (NFPOs) Governance Code, 2015, which Adejare implicitly referred to, seeks to promote the highest standards of corporate governance. The following are stated in Section 9, which deals with “Position of the Founder or Leader”:

“9.1. The Founder or Leader of a NFPO occupies a special position in the Organisation and is committed to the success and longevity of the NFPO. Accordingly, a Founder or Leader should not take on too many responsibilities in the organisation or have an indefinite term in the running of the organisation.

“9.2. Where for any reason, a Founder or Leader of NFPO also occupies any of the three governance positions of Chairmanship of the Board of Trustees, the Governing Board or Council, and the Headship of the Executive Management (or their governance equivalents), the following provisions shall apply before the end of the organization’s financial year in which this Code takes effect.

“9.2.1. The Founder or Leader shall cease to occupy these three governance positions simultaneously. This is to ensure the separation of powers and avoid possible concentration of powers in one individual.

“9.2.2. The Founder or Leader may however choose – subject to the agreement of the organization’s apex authority as expressed in the Annual General Assembly, Annual Meeting, Annual Stakeholder Engagement, Annual Conference, Annual Synod, Annual Fellowship Assembly or their equivalents – only one of these three governance positions subject to his current tenure. This is to ensure a clear division of responsibilities at the head of the organization between the running of the governing body and the executive responsibility for the management and fulfilment of the organization’s mission.

“9.3. Where the Founder or Leader has occupied all or any of these three governance positions for more than ten years, or is aged seventy years or above, the choice

in section 9.2.2 above should only relate to the Board of Trustees as in section 9.4(c) below. In the case of religious or cultural organisations, nothing in this code is intended to change the spiritual leadership and responsibilities of Founders, General Overseers, Pastors, Imams and Muslim Clerics, Presidents, Bishops, Apostles, Prophets, etc. which are distinguishable from purely corporate governance and management responsibilities and accountabilities of the entities” According to records, only 89 out of the 23, 216 registered churches in the country complied as at last year. Section 39 of the Code deals with “Sanctions“39.1. Compliance with the provisions of this Code is mandatory. Accordingly, violations of the provisions of this Code will occasion both personal sanctions against the persons directly involved in the violation, and sanctions against the NFPOs involved in such violation. “39.2. Where sanctions have been imposed on any NFPO or person for the violation of this Code, the NFPO is precluded from making any reimbursements to that person for the sanctions.”

Lastly, before we delve at the neck of the government, let's ask ourselves these questions!!!

What has your church done to help you in the past 12 months.?

How has the churches in Nigeria come to the aid of the suffering masses during this recession?

How much of your income has gone into the church?

Has your pastor ever called you and demand for your account Number as a way of helping your current situation!

The pastors will always be quick to quote bible verses instructing members to pay offerings and tithes and the evil that will befall their finances with failure to do so!!!
They will never preach how JESUS CHRIST fed 5000 people with five loaves of bread and 2 fishes.

I am waiting for the period when churches will begin to pay Tax!!!

you made a good point, but you ended up showing your biased nature with the bolded, I was expecting you to say religious bodies, with mosques and traditional societies included, except you belong to those class of critics who find it easier to pick on Christians because they know thier fate should they use the same momentum of criticism on Muslims

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by KevinDein: 9:38am On Jan 09, 2017
I keep saying it Christians in Nigeria are an utter embarrassment. They've allowed hate eat too deep into their hearts they do not use their heads any more. Haven't been to church in a long while and I somehow feel I'm better off not going.

Outstanding haters they produce in those churches these days

1 Like

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by Armaggedon: 9:39am On Jan 09, 2017
chuose2:
NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS! YOU HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT BY ADEBOYE & REDEEMED!

THESE ARE THE REASONS!

1] HE GAVE HIS BLESSINGS TO APC THAT IS A KNOWN ISLAMIC PARTY AND BUHARI THAT WANTS SHARIA LAW!
JESUS WILL NEVER GIVE HIS BLESSING TO A JIHADI!

NOW THE NORTH WANTS TO ISLAMATIZE NIGERIA

2] THEY HAVE BEEN KILLING CHRISTIANS AND ADEBOYE DOES NOT CARE, INSTEAD HE TALKS TITHES & OFFERINGS

3] YESTERDAY A VIDEO SURFACED SHOWING THAT ADEBOYE HAS BEEN MEETING WITH MOSLEMS OUTSIDE NIGERIA TO
MERGE THE TWO RELIGIONS CHRISTIANITY & ISLAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY

4] PASTOR BOSUN EMMANUEL WARNED NIGERIANS ABOUT APC & BUHARI, BUT ADEBOYE SHUT HIM DOWN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ

YOU NEED TO TAKE A STAND OR CHRISTIANITY WILL BE SWEPT AWAY IN NIGERIA!

ADEBOYE AND CO, DO NOT CARE ONCE THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY
angry

pls remove "Nigerian Christians" in your first statement and replace it with "yoruba pastors"
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by Damjoy(m): 9:43am On Jan 09, 2017
basilo102:

article was written by Favour AFOLABI.

So?
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by donnie(m): 9:46am On Jan 09, 2017
Dont mind those foolish"politically correct" Christians.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: I Stand By All My Claims, Stephanie Otobo blasts Apostle Suleman / Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Hands Out Money To Ochanja Fire Victims Individually / Prophet TB Joshua Reveals The Cause Of World Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.