Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi (26174 Views)

Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Favour Afolabi: The Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari [MUST READ] / Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by favourafolabi: 6:59am On Jan 10, 2017
24 hours after my well circulated op-ed on the subject matter, the IMPLEMENTATION of this obnoxious law has been SUSPENDED, the lead protagonist (a bitter man that claims to be of our Faith) has been sacked; and the board reconstituted! Indeed, those that know their God shall do exploits!

To all the CHRISTIANS who have spent the last 24h hours as well trying to JUSTIFY this Law, I say to you to Reconsider YOUR FAITH!
To those of us who stood on the side of the TRUTH, I say God bless you in Jesus' Name. Amen.
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by favourafolabi: 6:59am On Jan 10, 2017
The Uncircumcised Philistine called Jim Obazee aka 'the Baga' has been sacked!

I said it in a meeting at about 3pm today that 'He will not last on that seat' - and he is headed for Oblivion - the place those that stand against THE WORD OF GOD always find themselves - that is a warning to all of you who have made it a hobby to always INSULT the MEN IF GOD that are chosen by God himself to prepare the CHURCH for the return of my Lord Jesus Christ!

A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by chemali: 8:12am On Jan 10, 2017
favourafolabi:
24 hours after my well circulated op-ed on the subject matter, the IMPLEMENTATION of this obnoxious law has been SUSPENDED, the lead protagonist (a bitter man that claims to be of our Faith) has been sacked; and the board reconstituted! Indeed, those that know their God shall do exploits!

To all the CHRISTIANS who have spent the last 24h hours as well trying to JUSTIFY this Law, I say to you to Reconsider YOUR FAITH!
To those of us who stood on the side of the TRUTH, I say God bless you in Jesus' Name. Amen.

Oh shut up... Your article was whipping unnecessary sentiments against "this government". Would you as a christian that you claim to be tender an apology to "this government" which was voted in to attack the church?
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by princejayboss: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2017
progress69:

Hahahahaha..heaveb knows i don't have time for deliberate plebs

You now proved me right.... Get a job and forget this complain

In Mexico where I leave, IPOB have sent invitation to my house for more than 6times to attend their meeting.... I will not be part of the IPOB thing buh that does not mean that am not sympathetic to the Biafran course.

I can support any Biafra cause irrespective of the fact that I don't listen to the radio Biafra or attend to their meeting

I rest my case
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by ayindejimmy(m): 11:18am On Jan 10, 2017
takenadoh:

with the way I see it any entity that doesn't grow positively will definitely die, they don't sell any product people willing give by their own conviction most of the times although some pple have taken things over board in some few isolated cases.

They provide services

They sell literatures

They run schools.
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by takenadoh: 11:30am On Jan 10, 2017
ayindejimmy:

They provide services

They sell literatures

They run schools.
personally I think the schools and the books should be taxed, but the Church itself shouldn't.

I still find it hard to believe that Covenant University or Redeemers or whatever the name is doesn't pay taxes.
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by profstar(m): 10:16am On Jan 11, 2017
YouthsPC0:
Before you comment on this thread answer this question

1. which Muslim leader will be affected by this law with the exception of Elzakzaky which the government of Sheik Buhari wants to destroy

2. When did Buhari become the Holy spirit who decides who should lead the church and for how long

3. Does this laws strips Christians of the opportunity to determine how they wish to be led

4. How many imams will yield to any law of succession in their mosques contrary to Qur'anic prescriptions

When I told people that Osinbajo is useless when it comes to protecting the church and defending the its rights many did not believe , Southern Kaduna Christians who were massacred over 800 of them in one night is a clear example

May God intervene in Nigeria In Jesus Name

Weeps
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by myobjective: 10:28am On Jan 13, 2017
Jacko1:
Such news as sad as it is

Is also relieving

When 2015 elections abi dat buhari vs jonathan ish

Afonjas wer united to ensure jonathan neva rules... Because ebele isbin his name

And he is not an inch ibo

Am so happy the turn of events... Buhari deal with afonjas well well

But till tomorrow that backstabbing.... Traitor blood will forever run in selfish afonjas

That your problem... Ignorance is a big disease that make people to be too sentimental when it comes to politics.

I am an afonja(if by afonjas you mean yoruba) and a very proud one, politics is a game with no permanent friend but permanent interest, it is a game of number and the colonial master had skewed the country to favor the so called North (of which the north central is the biggest beneficiary), so, you will need the north or Alliance with them to have an edge in gorverners.
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by myobjective: 10:31am On Jan 13, 2017
takenadoh:

personally I think the schools and the books should be taxed, but the Church itself shouldn't.

I still find it hard to believe that Covenant University or Redeemers or whatever the name is doesn't pay taxes.

All money making ventures should pay tax, churches and mosque should be one of the largest contributor of tax to federal government because these money making venture trap people in the informal sector of the economy that are not covered by federal income tax
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by takenadoh: 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
myobjective:

All money making ventures should pay tax, churches and mosque should be one of the largest contributor of tax to federal government because these money making venture trap people in the informal sector of the economy that are not covered by federal income tax
a Church or Mosque isn't a money making venture.
Re: Systematic Stripping Of The Church Under Buhari By Favour Afolabi by jpphilips(m): 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
TheFreeOne:

I have nothing against government taxing religious organizations and neither am I a pastor nor one of those gullible religious followers.

My concerns are for those who placed their trusts in fake religious leaders whose major interests are the extravagant life styles and positions attached to their offices.

However it is dangerous for a secular society like ours to allow either by commission or omission her laws to be stylishly and deceptively aligned majorly to Islamic religion/agenda either sharia, paedophilia, symbols, Kaduna state religious law e.t.c

And I hope you are also aware the sultan of sokoto kicked against gender equality bill but quick to support grazing bill and any other that'll push their agenda. So when some southerners think they are intelligent by supporting certain decisions of government they failed to realise they are mostly foolish by not realising the underbelly moves of certain decisions/actions which are inimical to southern Nigeria.

All I am interested in is a fair and just Nigeria for all and if that is not possible then will it not be sensible to explore true federalism / regionalism or allow those who are willing to opt out of this contraption to do the needful

But I hope christian leaders will get their acts together for a common cause devoid of selfishness.

You almost made sense before you wrote Islamize, the truth is people like you are not enlightened, you rely on dolts like FFK to form baseless opinions that have no realistic tangent, same madness displayed by our SE brothers, truly unfortunate.
You may deserve a proper response when you recover from Bigotry shock!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nasarawa Church Cancels A Wedding Because The Lady Is Three Months Pregnant / Prophet TB Joshua Reveals The Cause Of World Poverty / Pastor Adeboye & Wife Visit Ortom, Benue For Condolence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.