Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 (43212 Views)

2019 CAF Awards: Osimhen & Chukwueze Lose Young Player Award To Achraf Hakimi / Moment Messi Received His FIFA Men's Player Award. See Van Dijk's Reaction / Reactions As Luka Modric Wins FIFA Men's Best Player Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by tolulopebanks: 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
Sanchez01:

Life must be difficult cheesy
I believe you bro grin grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by DrayZee: 8:04pm On Jan 09, 2017
Somebody say Rona...RONA!!! Somebody say Naldo...NALDO!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by scholes23(m): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2017
Plus234:

so why was messi case different ?
Plus234:

so why was messi case different ?
cos he was nominated but didn't attend cos he knows He's not gonna win
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Jokerman(m): 8:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
When will Barcelona fans write another essay on why Ronaldo shouldn't have won this.... grin

Cristiano: I am sorry that some people from Barca are nothere but that's understandable....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Damfostopper(m): 8:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
DrayZee:
forget the matter, Ronaldo has won it.
why you d waste time the reply the baboon.... those who gives a fvck about him went that way.....

C, Ronaldo runs the show

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by ceeethru(m): 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
KillerFrost:
EPL finally grabs something.. Congrats claudio
Well deserved, who ever thought Leicester would win the league then
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Moseslimz(m): 8:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
saw this comment here on Nairaland and it kinda justifies d results of this .......
"Ronaldo needs a team to succeed...... while a team needs messi to succeed" .........
anyways congrats to him he equally worked hard for it......Thou.....Messi is totally out of this world....I actually got tired of hating him....lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by joromi: 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
Moseslimz:
saw this comment here on Nairaland and it kinda justifies d results of this .......
"Ronaldo needs a team to succeed...... while a team needs messi to succeed" .........
anyways congrats to him he equally worked hard for it......Thou.....Messi is totally out of this world....I actually got tired of hating him....lol

if this is true, why has messi remained in Barca ?
stop all this stupid talk abeg

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by TeamSimple(m): 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
KillerFrost:

Where did I say the bolded??

Words of a sore loser!. ... Please hit your head on the nearest wall close to you! ... Ronaldo makes history again tonight! ...sleep well
Sorry which history again?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by VOJA(m): 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
Of the salient truth, there is nothing that succeed like succes. Ronaldo's success stories in 2016 has succeeded in giving him this coveted Award ahead of midget Messi. Congratulations to my favourite player.
You will surely win it again come 2018 when you successfully guide Real Madrid to La Liga Title and Portugal to Fifa Confederations Cup.
Thank God this is not Sepp Blatter nor Michelle Platini's era that you were robbed. You're truly the best.
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by psammyJ(m): 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
Segadem:
My Oga, the thing tire me oh!
I have learnt not to criticize him again, because the more I criticise him the more his fans come against me,
...the only reason why CR7 will be picked ahead of messi is just because he has more fans than messi, and I will give the reasons
Reason No 1: many soccer loving fans prefer Madrid team to Barca ( or should I say they hate barca because of what barca has done to their loving club)
2: 80% of man u fans hate barca as a team if u consider what barca did to them on two occasion in the champion league final, and almost 90% of arsenal fans hate barca for the same reason, and what of Chelsea's? I can never forget the die-minute Iniesta's goal it was the last straw that broke the camel's back of all the Chelsea fans, my uncle nearly die from the heart attack he received from that goal
3: We all know that CR7 was once hero of man u, and u can't leave your hero and celebrate another's grin
u were making sense until u mentioned Chelsea...we Chelsea fans don't give a Bleep bout any of them...who be barca to Chelsea? messi 8 matches with Chelsea scored 0 goal...ronaldo scored just 1 goal in all competitive match (CL) against Chelsea! so we ain't against anyone or for anyone...#whatsdessenceofhatinganyofthem?

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Donbabajay12(m): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
Moseslimz:
Saying Ronaldo Needs a team to succeed and a Team needs Messi to succeed is a very dumb statement ...Is Messi the only player in Barcelona team ,what would messi had become if hadnt played with the likes of Xavi(midfield maestro),Iniesta (a very creative midfielder in the history of the game),A samuel eto (which is a beast anytime anyday )A Ronaldinho(who is a very skiiful and creative football)A dani Alves who is the (All time player with most assist for Barcelona)No doubt Messi is a phenomenal player ,but that statement is just so wack

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2017
Ronaldo trying to listen to haters like...

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by dollarprincess(f): 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2017
congrats I guess he will be used to build next fifa game cover ..
Have you guys noticed that Cristiano Ronaldo always stands on his tippy toes during team photos? check it out
http://www.todaysnews.com.ng/guys-noticed-cristiano-ronaldo-always-stands-tippy-toes-team-photos/
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by afolwalex20(m): 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
VOJA:
Of the salient truth, there is nothing that succeed like succes. Ronaldo's success stories in 2016 has succeeded in giving him this coveted Award ahead of midget Messi. Congratulations to my favourite player.
You will surely win it again come 2018 when you successfully guide Real Madrid to La Liga Title and Portugal to Fifa Confederations Cup.
Thank God this is not Sepp Blatter nor Michelle Platini's era that you were robbed. You're truly the best.
Ronaldo was never robbed dude

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Plus234(m): 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
KillerFrost:

Where did I say the bolded??

Words of a sore loser!. ... Please hit your head on the nearest wall close to you! ... Ronaldo makes history again tonight! ...sleep well

mumu
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Plus234(m): 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2017
Damfostopper:
why you d waste time the reply the baboon.... those who gives a fvck about him went that way.....

C, Ronaldo runs the show

thunder fire u, ur entire useless family is a baboon
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Plus234(m): 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
scholes23:
cos he was nominated but didn't attend cos he knows He's not gonna win

why will messi attend it when he knew he will not win ?
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by sunshineV(f): 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
Plus234:

u are the dumb one here, why are u defending him that he attend all the ceremony, does it mean other players are not there who didn't make top 3 ?
killerfrost, u be dead man walking cry
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Sanchez01: 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
I really don't understand why Barcelona fans, particularly Messi fans are pained each time Ronaldo gets an accolade. Ronaldo, more than any other player, had a sizzling 2016 and Messi didn't even come close. Messi failed to win the UCL with Barcelona and also failed to win what would have been his first ever MAJOR national trophy after shooting a penalty kick into space. He announced retirement from national football afterwards...

But Ronaldo...Here is a fellow whom many claimed would not edge close to Messi, trophy-wise. He has failed more than anyone else and has cried more than any football player ever to grace the game. Yet, he keeps coming back just to prove a point. He keeps shutting detractors and has given the world a reason to consider him to be more efficient than his fiercest rival who failed with his national side and made up his mind never to try again by announcing retirement from national football.

Ronaldo is the reason I tend to believe hardwork can shame a born genius. Messi is outstanding when it comes to football but Ronaldo sure stands out when it comes to stamping one's name on the sands of time. Proudly Madridsta.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by sunshineV(f): 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
Mtcheeeeeeeew! Woos, who see Messiah free kick yesterday?
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by sunshineV(f): 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
Lemonade01:
World 11 without Greezzy embarassed
who would greezy bench?
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
I respect this guy pass messi any time. Ronaldo all the way.
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Misterdhee1(m): 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
Donbabajay12:

Saying Ronaldo Needs a team to succeed and a Team needs Messi to succeed is a very dumb statement ...Is Messi the only player in Barcelona team ,what would messi had become if hadnt played with the likes of Xavi(midfield maestro),Iniesta (a very creative midfielder in the history of the game),A samuel eto (which is a beast anytime anyday )A Ronaldinho(who is a very skiiful and creative football)A dani Alves who is the (All time player with most assist for Barcelona)No doubt Messi is a phenomenal player ,but that statement is just so wack

Bro, u made a very very brilliant statement, until u got to the Dani Alves part.. Stuff is, it is bad to make up fact off hand online without being sure.. Messi isn't only the highest goal scorer in Barcelona's history, but also the player with the most assist in both Barcelona and Laliga.. Google is up if you find this controversial
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by elijahkayode(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by harriet412(f): 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
Sanchez01:
I really don't understand why Barcelona fans, particularly Messi fans are pained each time Ronaldo gets an accolade. Ronaldo, more than any other player, had a sizzling 2016 and Messi didn't even come close. Messi failed to win the UCL with Barcelona and also failed to win what would have been his first ever MAJOR national trophy after shooting a penalty kick into space. He announced retirement from national football afterwards...

But Ronaldo...Here is a fellow whom many claimed would not edge close to Messi, trophy-wise. He has failed more than anyone else and has cried more than any football player ever to grace the game. Yet, he keeps coming back just to prove a point. He keeps shutting detractors and has given the world a reason to consider him to be more efficient than his fiercest rival who failed with his national side and made up his mind never to try again by announcing retirement from national football.

Ronaldo is the reason I tend to believe hardwork can shame a born genius. Messi is outstanding when it comes to football but Ronaldo sure stands out when it comes to stamping one's name on the sands of time. Proudly Madridsta.

I totally agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Abdulkatcha(m): 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
congrats CR7

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Donbabajay12(m): 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Bro, u made a very very brilliant statement, until u got to the Dani Alves part.. Stuff is, it is bad to make up fact off hand online without being sure.. Messi isn't only the highest goal scorer in Barcelona's history, but also the player with the most assist in both Barcelona and Laliga.. Google is up if you find this controversial
I based my statement on the Players aside Messi himself broo,I know hez Barcelona top scorer and player with the most assist ...just making reference to players that played alongside with him ..

1 Like

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by texas1990(m): 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
ororo is simply the best for now, whomever thant want to hang himself let him go ahead, messi is good but not the best for now so Bleep u haters.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by naturalwaves: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
Segadem:
My Oga, the thing tire me oh!
I have learnt not to criticize him again, because the more I criticise him the more his fans come against me,
...the only reason why CR7 will be picked ahead of messi is just because he has more fans than messi, and I will give the reasons
Reason No 1: many soccer loving fans prefer Madrid team to Barca ( or should I say they hate barca because of what barca has done to their loving club)
2: 80% of man u fans hate barca as a team if u consider what barca did to them on two occasion in the champion league final, and almost 90% of arsenal fans hate barca for the same reason, and what of Chelsea's? I can never forget the die-minute Iniesta's goal it was the last straw that broke the camel's back of all the Chelsea fans, my uncle nearly die from the heart attack he received from that goal
3: We all know that CR7 was once hero of man u, and u can't leave your hero and celebrate another's grin
On two different occasions, Barcelonia should not have even come close to playing in the finals of the champions league. I cannot forget how Chelsea was robbed. Pique glaringly handled the ball with his hands such that a blind man could see it but the referee ignored because of some orders from the top.2 late minute shots were handled with the hands and no decision was made right there in the box 18. No wonder Ballack and Drogba wanted to beat up the referee. Had justice been done, Barca would not even come close to playing in the finals. It is a well known fact that, at least 2 times Barca moved to the finals of the Champs league was through OJORO. So, what you wrote is trash. Barca may have dominated alot of teams in the past but not chelsea and at least 3 of her champs league triumph is tainted with ojoro and magomago.
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Plus234(m): 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2017
naturalwaves:

On two different occasions, Barcelonia should not have even come close to playing in the finals of the champions league. I cannot forget how Chelsea was robbed. Pique glaringly handled the ball with his hands such that a blind man could see it but the referee ignored because of some orders from the top.2 late minute shots were handled with the hands and no decision was made right there in the box 18. No wonder Ballack and Drogba wanted to beat up the referee. Had justice been done, Barca would not even come close to playing in the finals. It is a well known fact that, at least 2 times Barca moved to the finals of the Champs league was through OJORO. So, what you wrote is trash. Barca may have dominated alot of teams in the past but not chelsea and at least 3 of her champs league triumph is tainted with ojoro and magomago.

cry a river, as usually pained chelshit fans always looking for excuses
Re: FIFA Best Player Award On 9th January 2016 by Plus234(m): 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
ojoro gaynaldo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South Africans Reactions After Keshi "Resignation" / Eguavoen Steps Down As Super Eagles Coach After AFCON 2021 Exit / Lady Switched Off The TV At A Viewing Center & Got A Slap (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.