Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

"FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye (53647 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Stop Meddling In Church affairs, Adeboye Tells fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by Linzo(m): 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2017
When Nnamdi Kanu was shouting it that they are planning to islamize Nigeria my Yoruba brothers never believe it and thought Kanu is Just been derogative

2 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by nlanded: 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
Olu317:
you are brainwashed already. I guess you should go back to the ancient times when leaves were used as a shade to cover unclothedness. Evil people and the likes. Hell is waiting for you.By their fruits, you shall know them. we have known you. 666 carriers(mark of the beast is on you)

Lol, I don't blame you, if you are a true Christian then you won't be sounding this uncouth. The God I serve is the Lord almighty and can not allow the church be killed in Nigeria, its only overly prejudiced and ignorant folks like you who are making a fuss for nothing!

3 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by michoim(m): 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
Is it the federal government that made laws? The laws are made by the national assembly only to be signed into law by the president. Stop mentioning Buhari for any law passed rather seek redress in the national assembly. They are essentially responsible for all the laws.
Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by mccoy47(m): 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
“About me, no problem. RCCG is in 192 nations of the world and the Overseer in Nigeria will not drive me out of the camp.

He won’t stop me from doing the Holy Ghost Services, and he won’t stop me from visiting you,” he said.

Is it just me or does Pst Adeboye sound very petty in that statement.
More like someone who is pained that his choppings is about to be collected? undecided

3 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by flamingREED(m): 1:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
A

LAW

THAT

CANNOT

BE

OBEYED.

Acts 4
19 BUT PETER AND JOHN ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO THEM, WHETHER IT BE RIGHT IN THE SIGHT OF GOD TO HEARKEN UNTO YOU MORE THAN UNTO GOD, JUDGE YE.

Acts 5
29 THEN PETER AND THE OTHER APOSTLES ANSWERED AND SAID, WE OUGHT TO OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MEN.

1 Like

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by rhektor(m): 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
thesicilian:

This is not the first time we are having a Muslim as a President. How come the Muslim intolerance for Christians is at an all time high at this time? How come a law that was passed in 2011 is only taking effect now? And to answer your question directly, have you forgotten how vehemently Vice President Atiku fought against President Obasanjo in his bid for 3rd term? And before you claim Atiku was fighting for his own personal interest, ask yourself what is more personal to a man of God than his faith?

SMH, it obvious that you are still not getting it.
Atiku did nothing but fought for his own presidential ambition, which never come up. PYO has done what should be done. You shouldn't expect him to make any law. Let me ask you if you voted for Chris Okotie when he contested for president of this country, I know someone like you would laugh him to a scorn. If you are a Christian then join politics change things and stop shifting blames on people

2 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by Standing5(m): 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2017
WebSurfer:
Being a christian shouldn't make me stupid and ignorant..

Of course the government ought to have started checking the church business for quite a long time ago and this reality is a bad news for him and his brothers.

Check the streets, still wonder why we got more churches everywhere than industries.

Check less religious countries or athiest countries, see how developed , peaceful, good and better they are doing.

Our nation is still generally at a bad state even as na we pray pass. Are we cursed with foolishness and ignorance?

Iffa hear say God no dey bless me and my family as i no dey pay tithe to one pastor.. The bible have become twisted in their own favor

You obviously have a problem. Keep ranting trash.
Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by tafrica(m): 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2017
Cmoyor:
pastor read Romans 13:1-7

Exactly, I'm confused. Pastors use this verse and many verses in the bible to convince members when they want them to obey Govt, which obviously they're supporting; they tell members leaders are God's representatives on earth and that God appoints them into positions.

Why should we question them when they make laws that don't go well with religious leaders? isn't it tantamount to questioning God who appoints them?

This law was introduced during GEJ, a Chrsitian, and I'm sure it wasn't enacted to attack christianity, but to regulate non-profit organisations, which mosques, churches etc belong to. It will definitely affect christians, muslims and several organisations.

5 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by Doyin2(m): 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thank you for this vital information,tafrica.

I have lost respect for Adeboye.

This is a law meant for all registered Charity organisations,NGOs and religious bodies,whether Christian or Islam or Ifa.

He is personalising issues and inciting his gullible and dogmatic followers against the present govt.

The so called man of god is also deceiving the people by lying that the law was made against Christians.

Big Shame on him!

10 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by wirinet(m): 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
He further accused the government of not allowing the church (RCCG) to continue with its stipulated lifetime 100 per cent salaries to its pensioners.

“For example, when I decided on what will be the pension of our pastors, what I decided is not done anywhere in the world. That somebody will retire and continue to earn full salaries all his lifetime.

“This, I started, but government stepped in and made a law that we should be contributing to pension fund.

“We have to obey and we started doing that. The result is that pastors don’t get as much as they were getting under our own previous arrangement. But, what can we do? We have to obey the law,” he disclosed.

I think Daddy is being economical with the truth here (i did not say daddy is lying), but how does the said law prevent you from the 100% lifetime salaries you propose to pay your pastors? The federal pension law only deals with salaries of working citizens, it does not stipulate how much you must pay your pensioners. You can decide to pay your pensioners 200% of their basic salaries if you want.

The pension law only stipulate you pay at least 5% of basic salary to the pension administrator as pension, to be paid back when the worker retires, so i do not understand paying this 5% would affect the church from still paying pension to its worker.

Speaking further, Adeboye disclosed that other fresh laws had been enacted by the government to ruffle the feathers of the church in the country, with a particularly targeted at the RCCG.

According to him, “Now there are fresh laws. We have a rough idea of what the law is about.
Can daddy please give us a hint of these fresh laws that are particularly targeted at RCCG? Sections and chapters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by zomby(m): 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
Lately the pastors have exhibited an attitude that shows they are worst than the politicians...Hence, I encourage the federal government to continue to meddle in church affair.

Nobody is bigger than the almighty God the KING of all kings.
Pastors with private jets in a country where 70% of the population lives below poverty level are irresponsible and heartless.

Glory be to the almighty God.

7 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by creserve: 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2017
ugosly:
I doubt this coming from Baba Adeboye himself....the man is full of too much wisdom to make such flippant statement in public.
You will get to know a man's true mien when he's under pressure! Now a discerning mind will see the reasons for the Pastor's outbursts when he went to visit Fayose in Ekiti a while ago!
The truth is that the government cannot afford to leave the poor masses under the whim and caprice of our religious leaders! Though, the masses are gullible and sometimes outright stupid when it comes to matters of religion, they still need to be protected!
The truth is that people are being exploited by the religious leaders who have turned it into a family enterprises!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by MT: 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
Olu317:
Where in the Bible did you see rotation of church leadership? If you don't desist from this unfounded views and the rest of your co-ideologists that support this stupid law are hell bound.Shame on all of you turning Bible upside down because you are lettered,what a wrong generation! . Show me if Catholic pope leadership position is rotational? Useless opinion without Biblical backing! Opinions with no brains.

I wouldn't have dignified you with a response but your crass ignorance was legendary. In your vain mind, you were quick to refer to the bible as a reference in this case. Why didn't you refer to the bible when most of the pastors were doing many things unbiblical to enrich themselves. Sow in pounds, reap in pounds among others. In the bible, when one new leader emerged, the previous melted into the background. People like u won't question why the sudden change in RCCG structure (to what ends?) - G.O Nigeria and spiritual leader International. Your pastors can't be ever wrong. They can't be questioned. They are too big to subject themselves to constituted authority. No thanks to people of your ilks. Continue to live your miserable life like this while expecting Nigeria to turn to America in a blink of an eye.

3 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by Austyn316(m): 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2017
Why appoint only Yorubas?? GO Yoruba. Secretary Yoruba, Treasurer Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by nifesi01(f): 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
mmsen:

Church is a business. They use superstition and fear to entice people to hand over their money, similar to the tactics used by other scam artists.

Really?
Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by ayindejimmy(m): 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2017
Dee60:
The church is marching on!

A wise government would leave the church alone and face its own challenges.

The new laws amount to gross infringement, but certainly, the church will march on.

It is just so sad that a non-compliant government will be spending so much energy preaching compliance!

What is the role of government in society? To provide security and work for the welfare of her citizens. How well have they compied with that?

If we go by the reports we read, govrenment has been taking care of itself only. Even pensioners are owed arrears of 77 months in some places!

Leave the church alone.

God is the head of the Church
HE is the only one indispensable in the church.
The church can do without anybody, but can't do without God.
God will rise more and even better prophets and leaders
Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by sammhi(m): 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2017
They decided to vote in a bigot and an Islam fundamentalist. We warned them they said , his vice is a redeem member . We told them how can you jettison position one for 2 .. they said God told them so
Chai the chicken has come to roost

1 Like

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by WebSurfer(m): 2:11pm On Jan 09, 2017
Standing5:
You obviously have a problem. Keep ranting trash.
stay off my mentions
Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
thesicilian:
His own pastor is Vice President. He should tell him to man up and start acting in the interest of Christians instead of behaving like a mere commissioner

Vice can't do nothing ask Atiku. But things are fast changing. Christians will soon start ruling this nation. Watch the next election

1 Like

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by freshboi88: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
Is it only Pentecostal churches that the law affects, how come Catholics, Anglicans, Methodists are not affected by the law, if they are, why r dey not complaining??

RCCG isnt as big as the Catholic Church, so why aren't they complaining??...... Or aren't they christain too??

5 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by mmsen: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
nifesi01:

Really?

Yes really.

The pastor tells the audience a series of fairytales and uses those stories to extort the congregation.

1 Like

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by 1stdammy: 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
thesicilian:
His own pastor is Vice President. He should tell him to man up and start acting in the interest of Christians instead of behaving like a mere commissioner
He knows quiet well that that one is lost already, he's a gonner. He can do but Nothing

2 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by thesicilian: 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2017
Nairalanded:

Don't you guys ever read? RCCG's lawyers even stated days ago that the church bodies had the matter in court for the law not to be implemented and they lost just recently in court, they lost in court so the law has to be implemented, prior to now the matter was in court and the law couldn't be implemented.

I don't know why Nigerians keep on making noise for nothing, do you think any force or human can kill the church or the christian faith? The God I serve is the almighty and there is no way the church can be killed here in Nigeria so why are you guys making unnecessary noise, what's so bad in making a large organisation appoint a new administrative/financial head after 20 years? Did the government appoint someone by itself to head the church administration? Isn't it the same church who appoints who ever they want? Like in this case Pastor Adeboye is still the spiritual leader of RCCG, and appointed someone to head the church administration and he appointed who he deemed fit, so what's the fuss about here?
Your comments are so full of contradictions I don't even know where to start:
1. Your God is mighty and can fight for Himself (true) but the case was in court for 5years and finally lost. Does that mean God had a different plan from what RCCG was pursuing?
2. If the FRC law is in the interest of the church like you say, since the replacements are from within the church also, why are they complaining? He's still the spiritual earthly leader of RCCG of course.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not in support of the FGN. The advantage of having a pastor up there is supposed to be, to prevent issues like this. The moment you start allowing an islamocentric federal government to meddle in church affairs, there's no idea the extent they can go. Some things are better just not started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by theimmortals(m): 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
I just Love this man.....
Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by thesicilian: 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

Vice can't do nothing ask Atiku. But things are fast changing. Christians will soon start ruling this nation. Watch the next election
Atiku was not as docile as this.
Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by grandstar(m): 2:20pm On Jan 09, 2017
Frankly speaking Redeem Traffic jam is horrendous and doesn't speak well of them. This is an excess that the government shouldn't have tolerated.

Also, I don't think Buhari is the mastermind behind these laws. I suspect it's Adeosun, the British raised ex commissioner of finance of Ogun state who is now the Minister of that ministry in Abuja.

For someone raised in secular Britain where they are not religious, the traffic jams caused by church activities must have shocked and incensed her. She obviously felt they needed to be tamed. The way it looked, these religious houses were above the state and the law. To her, it should be the other way round.

She must have been powerless to act then as the governor would be toying with a loss at the polling booth.

At the centre now and with a unsentimental president who even tried to arrest Tompolo, an opportunity was now open.

However, successive governments have shrunk from taking them on either because the president is religious or does not want to alienate a massive voting block. Adeboye is one of the 50 most influential men in the world. I am sure he controls at least a million votes.

Already, the reprisal has started. I am eating pop corn while watching out how things unfold

2 Likes

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by lawrenceunaa: 2:22pm On Jan 09, 2017
WebSurfer:
Being a christian shouldn't make me stupid and ignorant..

Of course the government ought to have started checking the church business for quite a long time ago and this reality is a bad news for him and his brothers.

Check the streets, still wonder why we got more churches everywhere than industries.

Check less religious countries or athiest countries, see how developed , peaceful, good and better they are doing.

Our nation is still generally at a bad state even as na we pray pass. Are we cursed with foolishness and ignorance?

Iffa hear say God no dey bless me and my family as i no dey pay tithe to one pastor.. The bible have become twisted in their own favor

so what of mosque business? What's good for Christians should be good for Muslims, they should post names of imam that are to retire abi na only church get finances
Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by Bestbeelieve: 2:23pm On Jan 09, 2017
Church too increasingly meddled in political affairs grin grin in short religions are unregistered political parties

1 Like

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by mmsen: 2:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
creserve:

You will get to know a man's true mien when he's under pressure! Now a discerning mind will see the reasons for the Pastor's outbursts when he went to visit Fayose in Ekiti a while ago!
The truth is that the government cannot afford to leave the poor masses under the whim and caprice of our religious leaders! Though, the masses are gullible and sometimes outright stupid when it comes to matters of religion, they still need to be protected!
The truth is that people are being exploited by the religious leaders who have turned it into a family enterprises!

Whilst I agree with what you have said do you see the FG (or northern state governors) doing anything to combat the power held by the religious/traditional leaders in the North?

The previous administration tried with the Almajiri schools and the various universities - but what is this administration doing? What are the state governors doing?
Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by Doyin2(m): 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
thesicilian:

1. Your God is mighty and can fight for Himself (true) but the case was in court for 5years and finally lost. Does that mean God had a different plan from what RCCG was pursuing?
2. If the FRC law is in the interest of the church like you say, since the replacements are from within the church also, why are they complaining? He's still the spiritual earthly leader of RCCG of course.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not in support of the FGN. The advantage of having a pastor up there is supposed to be, to prevent issues like this. The moment you start allowing an islamocentric federal government to meddle in church affairs, there's no idea the extent they can go. Some things are better just not started.

Stupid comment fro a religious bigot.

It has been revealed that this law was enacted during GEJ's administration,yet social irritants like you still deem it fit to blame it on the present govt.

Islamocentric govt? A law meant for all charity organisations,NGo and religious bodies?

People like you have been so brainwashed that your pastors can never goof,just continue to worship them like he goats!

You stink to high heavens!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye by nlanded: 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2017
thesicilian:

Mr Man, here are your answers:

1: The church is a registered entity with the corporate affairs commission, so the church must obey the laws of the land, if the church bodies lost in court to prevent the implementation of the law then the law needs to be implemented. So what are you saying about God and RCCG here? So if a church builds on a pipeline and the government directs them to demolish the church building does it mean the churchs' spiritual goal is what is being attacked here?

2: Who are the "they" you said are complaining? The church or the federal government? The federal government isn't complaining, they have enacted a law and the church has to follow it, its the church members who are complaining, is the church mainly concentrated on whoever leeds the church administratively? Our spiritual goals is what is key, I would shout as a Christian when the federal government says Christians shouldn't pray in public or attend church services openly, what's the fuss about making the church appoint a new administrative head after 20 years? If the church is credible and transparent something like this shouldn't be an issue.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Omotosho Joseph 2018 Prophecies: Plane Crash, Assassination Of Governor / Do Money Rituals Actually Work? / Picture Of A Mosque & Church Side-By-Side In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.