Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) (45134 Views)

Reno Omokri Asks Femi Adesina To Give Out His Land For Ranching First / Lazy Youths: What Job Does Your Son Do? - Reno Omokri To President Buhari(video) / Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari Meeting With Theresa May, Says Not A Big Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by jomoh: 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
Jayceo:

Lets not distort fact.The Financial Reporting council in charge of overseeing non for profit organizations was created and signed into law in 2011 with Mr Obazee as the head ,On May 18, 2011 to be precise. This particular tenure ship law which passed through the council was proposed in 2011 by some mischievous people but met major resistance from the Federal government under GEJ and some other individuals in Government then ,it was taken to court and it was swept under the carpet immediately then in 2011 and never saw the light of the day, that's why most people are just hearing about it now, ,now come 2016 ,the law is revisited, implemented and became effective, October 2016. So what changed all the way from 2011 to 2016 that there was sudden need to revisit and implement it? Lets stop telling lies to justify this.

Will you stop spreading your lies and fear your God.

Executive Secretary/Chief Executive Officer of the FRC, Jim Obazee, at the weekend said that though only 89 out of the 23, 216 registered churches in the country have complied till date with regulations, the council would be unrelenting till the right thing is done.

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigerian-news/2017/01/08/nigerian-churches-financial-reporting-council-frc/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by blackprowler: 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2017
Islam is a religion of problem, but Nigerian Christians have no iota of moral superiority over them. The Sultan is a traditional ruler and spiritual leader of Muslims. He does not control a mosque to steal all their contributions to ride private jets. We can extend jobber Omokri's stupidity by asking all traditional rulers over 20yrs on throne to abdicate. It would fit my vision sef as they're all part of Nigeria's problems. NIGERIA IS A JOKE!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by kolagbemi(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2017
seguno2:

How old is the Sultan?
61years old sir.
He was born 1956.
Though I know you are not interested in the answer.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by biotechshola(m): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:

This is 2017 and Buhari is the President, why do you feel the need to compare? That's really low, you said GEJ is incomplete and clueless etc etc so tell me why are you supporting PMb to follow that same line?And when has asking a question turned to hatred? Since its not important to visit or say anything about it, kindly advice your president to stop sending Condolence when other countries are attacked.

If you had carefully read my comment, you would have seen the point I was trying to make. Just ask yourself ' why would Buhari deliberately pretend as if nothing happened in Kaduna'? and how do you expect him to send his condolence? invite the media and start weeping or what?

The guy was clearly bringing up unnecessary issues out of hatred and that was why I had to remind him of some things..

so Buhari actually sent his condolence already and I don't think it's necessary he visit.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by kolagbemi(m): 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2017
NNVanguard:

At 70, the Sultan should retire too. That's justice and equity.
Imagine how you are so sure about that.
Sultan was born 1956... 61yrs old.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by Misterone: 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2017
ALTERNATEID:
Silly reno as usual. He should also tell us if the current sultan has served as president of NSCIA for 20 years.
thanks for this foresight. most people have not even read the law, yet they are commenting rubbish. the law does not stop Adeboye from being the spiritual head of RCCG or from conducting Church service as he sees fit. it only stops him from being in charge of the financial aspect of the church. that is all.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by kolagbemi(m): 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2017
It is important you all understand that the law does not ask any pastor to resign as the General Overseer. What the law seek to establish is separation of power and sustainability of such religious organization.

You can remain as the general overseer in title but you must not perform the duty of CEO.

If you like appoint an administrative head and call him Managing Director or National Overseer or Overseer.

For transparent and accountability purpose you must appoint another administrative head for the church.

Meanwhile, for you folks that are crying, all you need tell your churches is to hands off on all business activities such as schools where they charge fees. As long they charge fees they must be seen as a business entity or be responsible for accountability.

What stop Dangote from Opening Dangote Worship Centre and put all his business empire under it.

Think guys.

If it is wrong RCCG won't comply.

Several religious Organizations have complied before RCCG, only that Adeboye is the first prominent among them.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by Misterone: 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2017
Jayceo:
Reno Omokri, the former spokesperson asked a rather interesting but mind pondering question. What do we think?

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/818366278998102016
here is the act itself as it affect Pastor Adeboye.

9.3. Where the Founder or Leader has occupied all or any of these three governance positions
for more than twenty years, or is aged seventy years or above, the choice in section 9.2.2
above should only relate to the Board of Trustees as in section 9.4(c) below, except the
constitution of the organisation otherwise provides.
In the case of religious or cultural organisations, nothing in this code is intended to change
the spiritual leadership and responsibilities of Founders, General Overseers, Pastors,
Imams and Muslim Clerics, Presidents, Bishops, Apostles, Prophets, etc. which are
distinguishable from purely corporate governance and management responsibilities and
accountabilities of the entities.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by Eldee54321(m): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2017
Diplomaticbeing:
Blame Christians - most Nigerian Christians, especially the heads. They commercialized churches albeit indirectly, so I don't see any ill in the action meted out towards them.

Sultan isn't an administrative head of any group of mosques. But The GO's are (undeniably). Supposing that they (Christians head - predators) concentrates on providing spiritual leadership to their sheeples, altruistically, without the obvious but hidden motives of living off them financially, believe you me, they wouldn't have come to government scrutiny. In fact, I wish the government will begin to tax them too.

If you need any form of dogmatic, creedal and revealable religion/organization to become good and do good, you only lack good morality. . . It's time for you to change your ethical philosophy. One with God (not a predator of any guise) is majority.

. They commercialize church indirectly U must be a Muslim right?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by castrokins(m): 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hello Sir,
Is Reno Omokri A Nigerian? Is This A Nigerian Issue?

mengho:
Mind your own business, I just don't get what kind of pastor you Are, you seem to like getting involved in EVERYBODYS business grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by olusledge: 6:26pm On Jan 09, 2017
Jayceo:
Just a thought, why can't this rule be applied to political holders too, Buhari himself is over 70.

More tweets from Omokri
and how old is trump?
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by almarthins(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
Hehehe, does that make our presido a coward?

Abi! You can go on his behalf
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
yungeez:
I laugh at u all cos of ur ignorance.... d so called Christians who are following u so called atheist to justify wat buhari's administration is doing to d church...dis is how it all started in Iraq and other Islamic states where Christians were killed by Islamic groups.... 808 killed in southern Kaduna coupled wit kidnapping, robbery, burning of villages carried out by those fucking cattle herdsmen and still buhari refuse to declare dem as terrorist group neither has he publicly condemned such act or issue out warning to dem...or even visit d affected places....Bt he is busy luking 4 ways to reduce d hold of d church in Nigeria by passing out law to retire all the top men of God and you all are clapping ur Hands r him....wen dis whole shit would escalade, its going to affect everyone including d so called atheist ... its high time we all unit and say no to dis rubbish b4 its too late...
#GodBlessNigeria

God would specially bless u for me. I have accepted my faith that with the group of naive Christians we have in Nigeria, persecution is almost going to be inevitable. Those Atheist are the ones I pity most they are only gallivanting and spewingl nonsense because Christians have formed a political resistance to Islam for several years. And now they are trying to weaken the Church by weakining the most recognized Christians in Power.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by Zejie: 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
banki:
I have a question for reno.....

when the law was signed he was the adviser to the then president......who signed it into law why is he now insulting our sensitivity

the second question is why is it that as soon as you ask reno any question that relates to his role and activities as adviser to the former president he blocks you?

the third question is to reno and fani kayoe
1) all of a sudden FFK is holding meetings with leaders of southern kaduna, but he was minister of information and minister of aviation when this crisis occurred some years ago please what did he do?
2) what did reno do when this same crisis occurred under jonathans government
pls wake up from your hate of jonathan govt and wake up to reality dat govt is gone. The FRCN was created in 2011 but never created this act we are talking about till May 2015. If u would carefully remember jonathan was on his way out then. The churches took the case to court and in October 2016 the churches lost the case in court which made the FRCN to go ahead with their act on non profit organisations. Pls don't blame jonathan or reno omokiri for anything. The initial intention of setting up that FRCN was not begin to witch hunt churches. To take you down memory lane, what it called FRCN was formely known as NASB and was created 1982 and has had several reviews and acts since then in 1992, 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2011 when it was changed to FRCN.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by ayindejimmy(m): 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

I was waiting for you to ask

http://www.cbcn-ng.org/newsdetail.php?tab=305

Ok. But please, carefully read the picture below. And pay attention to the timeline.

Now, is he the head of Catholic Church in Nigeria or just Ibadan?

Moreover, the Catholic Church doesn’t have a General Overseer.

Their system is highly sophisticated that one person cannot claim to be a superior leader.

Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by zoomzoom(m): 10:32pm On Jan 09, 2017
ALTERNATEID:

“The code has been on naturally, right from (ex-President Goodluck) Jonathan’s time and this has been over four years. When the code was being done, we engaged all the stakeholders and their presentations formed part of what was in the code at the end of the day.

“The only people that took the matter to court were the churches and they lost. It was on the day they lost that our legal adviser said ‘okay, we could go ahead and release the code and that if we don’t release this code, other bodies will go to court to challenge it’...... Jim Obazee, Executive secretary, FRCN.

And I suppose we now know what has become of your Executive Secretary FRCN?

BREAKING NEWS:
HIS ASS IS GRASS.

Maybe we all now know who was being mischievous.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by Dindondin(m): 10:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
ALTERNATEID:
Silly reno as usual. He should also tell us if the current sultan has served as president of NSCIA for 20 years.
Well. He may be wrong on the years of the Sultan's reign
But PMB not addressing the issue of Southern Kaduna & delayed confirmation of Onoghen as Chief Justice is double standard
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by Cityguy: 12:37am On Jan 10, 2017
Jayceo:

Lets not distort fact.The Financial Reporting council in charge of overseeing non for profit organizations was created and signed into law in 2011 with Mr Obazee as the head ,On May 18, 2011 to be precise. This particular tenure ship law which passed through the council was proposed in 2011 by some mischievous people but met major resistance from the Federal government under GEJ and some other individuals in Government then ,it was taken to court and it was swept under the carpet immediately then in 2011 and never saw the light of the day, that's why most people are just hearing about it now, ,now come 2016 ,the law is revisited, implemented and became effective, October 2016. So what changed all the way from 2011 to 2016 that there was sudden need to revisit and implement it? Lets stop telling lies to justify this.

Thanks jare. Some mischief makers would not read this to understand what transpired bit would rather want to stick with their self-serving version of the Judas in FRCN. One thing is clear, as much as they like, let them continue. Roadblock dey ahead.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by KissCODE(m): 2:11am On Jan 10, 2017
banki:
I have a question for reno.....

when the law was signed he was the adviser to the then president......who signed it into law why is he now insulting our sensitivity

the second question is why is it that as soon as you ask reno any question that relates to his role and activities as adviser to the former president he blocks you?

the third question is to reno and fani kayoe
1) all of a sudden FFK is holding meetings with leaders of southern kaduna, but he was minister of information and minister of aviation when this crisis occurred some years ago please what did he do?
2) what did reno do when this same crisis occurred under jonathans government
When the law was signed... churches and nonprofits organisations was not included. Buhari just suspended the law and sacks the leadership of FRCN to forcefully implement his ill advised folly
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by Caseless: 2:52am On Jan 10, 2017
ALTERNATEID:
don't mind the fool.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by Caseless: 2:53am On Jan 10, 2017
mikezuruki:
Exactly the question I had in mind!
I just described him above. Same goes for you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 10, 2017
Caseless:
I just described him above. Same goes for you.
And you quoted me after Jim Obazee had been sacked. If you want to see a fool right now, use the mirror close to you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye's Retirement - Reno Omokri Asks Question (Pics) by vislabraye(m): 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
biotechshola:

hypocrisy!
So just all of a sudden, you forget that gej did not step into borno state not until 2015 for election campaign? or you ve also forgotten that your hero never visited buni yadi where students were slaughtered in cold blood? perhaps you were not in Nigeria when Jonathan was dancing just days after chibok girls were kidnapped?

The bottom line is, of what importance is it for a president to visit a troubled zone? to avenge their death or arrest the culprits?

I think your hatred has blocked your sense of reasoning and I think it's getting worse.

GEJ was criticized for his actions, then. So why shouldn't Buhari swallow the same pill ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari Vs E. A Adeboye: A Nigerian Compares Their Age / Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard / Buhari Has No Problem Shaking Hands With Females (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.